Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei ❯ Return to China ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: I have so much planned for Rei.

Ray: This doesn't involve torture.

Wingzero: I'm not telling.

Ray: -.- This can't be good then.

Wingzero: ^^

Ray: This definitely can't be good.

Okay, the trip here seemed to be okay, considering we the two hyper teens, Tyson and Max. Seriously, where do they get that energy? It must be from all that food they consumed. They seemed to be so carefree, but it only served to aggravate Kai and annoy Kenny. Kai told us he didn't tolerate amateur beybladers, does that include me? Kenny was probably used to putting up with Tyson's antics as he had mention they had been best friends for a long time. Max just seemed to fit in naturally, even though he had known them for a short time.

This wasn't good. Our team had been together for a couple of days and our team captain had decided to lead us on a merry little chase. Kai mentioned not being a team player. I don't understand him. Then again, he wouldn't allow any of us to come near him, not literally. He wouldn't allow any of his team mates to get to know him better as if he was hiding something. The walls around him prevent everyone from getting to know the real him.

However, I can sense his emotions, when he said he didn't have any. So many emotions going throughout his soul and mind, it was confusing me. Sure, he doesn't appear to have any, but deep inside, he was hurting. I could feel the anger and sorrow that had been bottled up for so many years. Well, I could only guess from the large amounts I have been sensing. If he would only open to someone, anyone; then things might be different.

As we walked throughout the streets of Hong Kong, I wondered why Kai would run off like that. Sure, he was cold, but we were a team. More importantly, he was our team captain. He had responsibilities as a leader and a role model for the younger beybladers. After watching Tyson and Max goof around as we were trying to locate our team captain, I had a few ideas, mainly revolving around two of the younger members.

'Kai on the brain?' Driger teased me through our mental connection.

'Very funny,' I replied hastily. 'You seemed distracted too.'

'It's nothing you should be worried about,' Driger said casually, trying to hide something.

'Oh, is that so?' I could feel worry, anger, and frustration from my bit beast.

'Yes,' my cousin sounded irritated.

'And here I thought it involved a certain phoenix,' I mentally smirked at the white tiger.

Driger scowled at me mentally. He had known I was an empath for some time now, but I trained myself to turn it on or off at will. The white tiger sighed. 'I can't hide anything from you, can I.'

'No you can't,' I mentally replied back to him, dodging a few kids running around.

Driger made no response for a short time. He sighed and answered, 'It's about him.'

'Why don't you like him?' I asked, remembering our conversation during the finals.

'Ancient history,' Driger replied trying to sound very casual.

'Did you date him?' I asked my cousin casually.

'What give you that idea?' Driger stuttered through our link

'I knew it,' I mentally smirked.

'Let's just say our relationship didn't work out,' Driger sighed.

'I see,' I said, trying to figure out how it wouldn't have worked out.

'Knowing you, you'll probably keep thinking about it until I tell you,' Driger sighed again.

'Yeah,' I answered sheepishly. I was a curious cat.

'Dranzer belonged to this wealthy man's kid,' Driger explained remorsefully. 'We met several centuries ago, when the kid decided to go trekking through China. Don't ask why, because I don't know. Anyways, he stopped at our little village and challenged our champion to battle. That was when we first laid eyes on each other.'

'Don't tell me you fell in love,' I gasped a little, because Driger said love at first sight never happened in real life.

'No, but I wanted to get to know him,' Driger managed to smile a little.

'Oh, I never knew,' I said in a low voice.

'Yeah, but our masters were rivals, once they had faced each other in battle,' Driger went on. 'His master decided to stay in the village and hone in his skills. Galeon, Galux, Galman, and Galzzy were also present.'

'Who won?' I tried to ask nicely.

'We tied,' Driger answered my question. 'It was the first time, he has tied with anyone in his entire life. He wasn't too thrilled about the results and decided to stay while. I forgot how long he stayed training, but Dranzer and I became more than friends in that amount of time.'

'So your masters were rivals, you could overcome that?' I wondered out loud.

'It would seem, but his master was starting to rub off on him. Dranzer became arrogant, selfish, and very rude.'

'What ever happened to Dranzer?' I asked.

'Eventually, Dranzer won against every bit beast in the village, but not against me,' Driger said with a tone of amusement. 'His master was very frustrated, because he could never beat me. We always ended up in a tie.'

'A tie,' I thought. 'You seemed you'd win against him.'

'I was blinded by love and I guess he was also,' Driger whispered.

'You didn't want to win but at the same time you didn't want to lose,' I said.

'You can say that,' Driger sighed.

'Have you ever talked to him since then?' I asked curiously.

'I've never left the village until you showed up,' Driger sighed sadly.

'And Dranzer never returned to the village,' I added.

'His future masters decided it wasn't worth the time venturing into our area,' Driger mentioned.

'But now you have the chance to talk to Dranzer,' I pointed out to my cousin.

'I don't know what to say,' Driger said hastily and nervously.

'I'll help you,' I assured him.

'Trying to play match maker, eh?' Driger teased me.

'So you still want to try to set me up with Kai?'

'If you don't try to hook me up with Dranzer, then okay,' Driger made an offer.

'So we'll just let things play out,' I said to the other white tiger.

'Yeah, and the others are getting far ahead of you,' Driger warned.

I looked up as I saw Tyson and Max, literally drag the Chief down a street. With my speed and strength, I could have easily overtaken them without breaking a sweat, but I didn't want them to know about my secret. So I had to just walk quickly to catch up with them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Later that night^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There were three bedrooms. Tyson and Max have agreed to share one room. Kenny said he would be bunking with Mr. Dickenson so that left only Kai and myself. Why did I have to end up with Kai? The old human would be better than this cold boy. Maybe even sharing a room with Kenny, he doesn't seem as hyper as his other friends. On the other hand, he did spend a lot of time trying to upgrade out beyblades.

Walking into the room, I plopped onto my bed with a sigh. This was going to be a long night. Maybe if I ignore him, I can get through this without admitting I have a small crush on him. Ack, I shouldn't be thinking about it. I needed to concentrate on the tournaments. He would most likely be into girls, anyways, not some love sick bit beast.

'What am I going to do?' I thought out loud.

'You are going to take a bath, you stink,' Driger said. He emphasized his point by pinching his nose and making a face.

'Okay, okay. You don't have to rub it in.' I mentally glared at him.

Since I had unpacked earlier, I stood up and padded over toward the bathroom. Each room had its own private bathroom. Mr. Dickenson wasn't stingy when it came to us. I was in a way glad, because I needed more time due to my long hair. Some times, I wondered why I even grew it out to be this long.

Good the bathroom was available. Before I closed the door, I glanced around the room for Kai. No sign of the cold beyblader. This was turning out to be a good night after all. With that, I shut the door and started to peel off my stinky clothes. Running around alleys that smelled like fish guts had made me and my clothes smell bad. Kai had better have a good reason for this.

Once I had finished, I hopped into the shower and thought about the White Tigers as I cleaned myself. When we were younger, we had some great times. They helped me to discover my love of beyblading and friendship. We went through rough times, but we always had each other. I remembered the summer where we spent nearly every day, playing in the surrounding forests. Sometimes, we played hide and seek, though they never found out how I was so good at it. They each had distinct smells with Gary being the obvious.

So my life began again in a new place with a new family. Well, I wouldn't call it a perfect family. We had our ups and downs especially when Mariah went through puberty. She was a nightmare on two legs. I mean her mood swings were unpredictable that the rest of us guys decided to stay clear of her until she calmed down. Kevin especially stayed away from her, because he often said the wrong things at the wrong times. I kind of felt sorry for him.

Lee became my unofficial brother. The adults kept saying that we were inseparable. We would spend hours perfecting the tiger claw technique. Little did he know, he was standing next to a full blooded white tiger bit beast and I wasn't referring to Driger. I would spend hours researching bit beasts and their origins. The text books didn't have much to say about them. Their history was shrouded in mystery, though I will eventually find out.

Today, we had ran across the White Tigers on our search for Kai. At first I had been happy to see them, but they didn't seem too excited about our run in. As a matter of fact, they were down right angry. They said I had betrayed them, when I left the village, but I wrote them saying that I was going to be gone for awhile. I had intended on returning once I had something to bring back, but they misinterpreted it. They thought I was gone for good, along with the white tiger bit beast. If they only knew, that Driger wasn't the only white tiger bit beast. They had been living with one their entire lives; yet, none of them picked up the hints.

If I could only get through to them, make them see what I see. I only wanted to learn more so that I could bring it back to the village and teach the others. In a sense, I wasn't being selfish by leaving, because I would be helping the village. Unfortunately, my so called friends didn't see it that way. My new friends seemed different. They lives didn't revolve around beyblading. It was a part of their lives. They wanted to have fun and not allow their lives to be ruled by it. Their hearts were in the right place when it came to dealing with others and their bit beasts. I wanted a part of that, so that was the reason why I allowed Tyson to win.

After drying my hair as much as possible, I wrapped the towel around my waist and picked up my discarded clothes from the floor, along with my hair wrapper from the counter. Tilting my head, I heard no sound coming from the other room. I proceeded to walk into the bedroom, where I found Kai sleeping in his bed. The water must have gotten to my ears, because I would have normally heard soft breathing.

I was relieved that he was asleep. Quietly, I walked over to my dresser and pulled out the top drawer. I had quickly placed my night clothes on the top one so I can easily find them. Not to mention, it would be easy and faster access, just in case Kai happened to be around. Since he was sleeping, I guessed it was okay to dress in here. I allowed my towel to fall to the ground before changing into my boxers. As I was putting on my shirt, I heard a small noise and looked over. Kai wasn't sleeping. In fact, he was lying on his stomach with his head propped up on his arms and watching me.

The heat rose to my cheeks, as my breathing became erratic. "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" I questioned the other.

Kai shrugged. "Couldn't sleep."

"You could have told me before I changed," I muttered, picking up the towel and trying to hide my blush, which I knew I had.

"And miss the show?" Kai grinned. He moved back to his original position, but kept his eyes on me. "Nah."

"You actually made a joke?" I blinked a few times.

"Whatever," Kai's icy exterior had gone back up.

Why did I have to go and open my big mouth? Kai was starting to open up to me. Well, in a sense, he wasn't cold as usual. Now he wasn't going to talk to me. Just great. I wanted someone mature to talk to. Max and Tyson, they were great for hanging out, but in serious conversations, they wouldn't last more than ten minutes. I don't think they can be serious for an hour, unless it went against everything they stood for.

'Looks like you messed up big time,' Driger said through our link.

'Shut up,' I returned back to him.

'Oh, don't start PMSing on me,' Driger teased me. He knew I was in a bad mood.

'I'm not a girl,' I thought glaring.

'Says who?' Driger taunted me.

'Says me,' I still kept my glare.

"Ray, why are you glaring at me?" Kai asked out of the blue. His voice snapped my attention back to the real world.

"Oh, I was just thinking about today," I shrugged.

"The White Tigers?" Kai said questioningly.

"Yeah," I answered quickly.

'As if.'

This was going to hurt. I grabbed my brush and started to brush the long part of my hair, when it was snatched out of my hand. Turning around, I found Kai holding my brush. He grabbed my hair and started to gently brush out the tangles. I never knew he could be this gentle or kind. Before I knew it, my blush had returned and I looked elsewhere. I won't allow him to see my tinted cheeks.

"Thanks," I said gratefully.

"Your welcome," Kai had placed the brush on the night stand and slipped into his bed.

I placed my hair back into the wrapped and crawled underneath my covers. This was going to be a long tournament.



Wingzero: Fun with Kai.

Kai: ...........

Ray: Why does Kai have to see me like that?

Wingzero: Cause that's the way I wrote it.

Ray: You're weird.

Wingzero: And proud of it!

Kai: You know she's gonna say that.

Ray: I shoulda known. -.-U

Wingzero: ^____________________^