Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei ❯ Lose One, Gain One ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Another chappie.

Ray: Who's Dralcian?

Wingzero: Dralcian is another bit beast.

Ray: .........

Wingzero: You'll understand at the end of the chappie.



Looking back at these past events, I couldn't believe I allowed it to happen. Well , anyways, we had just won the first round. As we were sleeping, well most of us, Kevin paid us an unexpected visit. I had heard someone sneaking in our room, but I didn't want to open my eyes. Let that person think I was asleep. When I heard his voice, I instantly recognized it as Kevin from the White Tiger's team. Knowing him, he wasn't there to learn how to make biscuits or pastries. So he was planning on taking our bit beasts while we were sleeping? Surprisingly, he turned away and decided to get his revenge in the dish.

I had a bad feeling something was wrong. Getting up, I quickly dressed and headed out. I headed out towards the outdoor stadium, when I heard Kenny yelling something. He mentioned about a disk of information being stolen. With that, I ran to head Kevin off before he could get away with it. Soon, I found myself in a battle against him. He used a psychological tactic against me, and I couldn't believe that I actually fell for it. Driger had left me. He just up and left. Why would he leave? He promised that we'd always be a team. From what time I've spent with him, he never told me a lie. He wouldn't go back on his word unless.... It couldn't be. I can't imagine him doing that. There was just no way possible.

Today, I headed towards the mountains for some soul searching. The others didn't know I was a bit beast, but they knew I had a bit beast. Without one, I wouldn't be useful to them as a competitor and a team mate. I needed some time to think and gather my thoughts. Possibly, even get Driger back, but that would be a miracle. I'll have to show him that I have what it takes. I can't let anything get me off my game. Before I used to be confident and now, I don't know where I stand, but I can't let that get in my way. If I ever wanted to become a good beyblader, I must overcome every challenge. And boy was this ever a challenge.

I walked there, thinking of the ways I could get the white tiger to come back. One option could be transforming myself into my bit beast form and then use my powers to locate them, but that had one problem. As I looked all over the place, people could see me. The last thing I needed was people coming after me because I was an unsealed bit beast. If humans only knew that it would weaken us, they wouldn't have sealed us. Half the time, I don't know what was going through their minds or their motivation. I can only read their feelings as I was an empath. Sometimes, I wished I could read minds, but again, it could become very noisy, when I was in a crowded area.

The second option was finding some sort of way of communicating with him. I knew that bit beasts don't use phones or computers so that ruled out those two. Since I wasn't a telepath, I can't communicate with him mentally. You know I wished I had that ability now. Before I didn't mind not having it, but now I regret not having it. Since I was only half silver falcon, I didn't have their full abilities as I did the white tiger's.

My third option was to train harder than I have ever did. I will have to prove to him that I am a serious beyblader and that I took this sport seriously. Not to mention, I won't back down from a challenge or get side tracked like Kevin did to me. I needed to focus on it and prove my worth. Whatever was left of it, which wasn't very much. I shouldn't be thinking negative thoughts as it will weight me down. I must think positive ones, but it was just too hard to right now. If only I hadn't done that. If only I could change the past; however, we all knew that can't happen so the only thing to do was to dive into the future head on.

"What am I going to do?" I asked no one in particular.

'I don't know? What are you going to do?' a voice sounded.

"Who's there?" I asked, scanning the area for someone. I thought I was alone, but I guessed wrong. "I must be imagining things."

'No you're not,' the voice spoke again.

"Where are you?" I asked the voice and stopped in my tracks.

'I'm in the United States,' the voice answered my question.

"But how are you..." I started to say only to be interrupted.

'I'm communicating with you via telepathy," the voice informed me.

"But that means......." My voice trailed off.

'Yes, I am a bit beast,' the voice sounded assuring.

"I thought I was the only one who hasn't been sealed," I spoke quietly.

'No,' the voice corrected me. 'There is one other.'

"And I assume that would be you?" I inquired, quite amused.

'Yes, I am a silver falcon,' the voice said. 'We are the only two bit beasts who haven't been sealed. I should know.'

"How do you know?" I inquired. "The world is a big place."

'I am a few millennia years old,' the voice said with amusement. 'I have traveled all over the world and seen practically every place there is to see.'

"That's old," I commented as I walked towards that one location in the mountains.

'I know,' the voice sighed mentally.

"What are your abilities?" I asked once again. Hey, I was a curious bit beast.

'I have telepathy, healing, and control over wind,' the voice replied.

"I also have healing abilities as well as empathy and control over thunder," I said, going over my abilities. It took me awhile to master the element of thunder.

'So you must be a mix between a silver falcon and a white tiger,' the voice commented. I can tell that person was very amused by this conversation.

"Yeah," I said as I came closer to my destination. "I never did get your name."

'My name is Dralcian, but you can call me Dee, Rei," the voice said.

"How did you know my name?" I blinked with surprise.

'I read it from your mind,' Dralcian giggled as he continued with an explanation. 'Telepathy isn't just about communicating between minds. I can also read ones, if I felt like it.'

"So you were reading my mind?" I huffed at the thought of the intrusion.

'A little,' Dralcian sheepishly admitted. 'I only read your mind to find your name. That's all.'

"Oh okay," I said, leaving it at that. Then I suddenly remembered something. "Would you mind contacting Driger for me?"

'Who's Driger?' Dralcian asked very curiously.

"He's my cousin," I said, not wanting to explain everything.

'I'll try, but I can't guarantee that I'll come up with something,' Dralcian said before cutting off the connection. Deep down, I was relieved to know that I wasn't the only bit beast who remained unsealed. I had someone who I can talk to.

At last I had reached it. I had placed my bag down with my clothes and spare beyblade parts. Grabbing my launcher, I readied myself and launched my beyblade. It landed in front of me while I kept an eye on it and called out attacks. Sighing, I thought to myself that it wasn't the same without Driger. Normally, he would come out of the bit chip and attack our opponents. Now, not even a green light came from my beyblade. This was getting depressing. I recalled my blade and caught it with ease. I inspected it for any damages before placing it back in my launcher and releasing it once again.

I repeated this process a few times. Where was the other bit beast? I meant Dee could take that long? But then Driger can be pretty stubborn and when he doesn't want to be found, he can make the process of finding him much more difficult. I couldn't sense any of his emotions, but I can distinguish his emotions from the rest of the world. There were too many people with too many emotions for me to feel a distinct emotion from the white tiger. However, with telepathy, you can find someone a whole lot easier, since everyone had different patterns of thoughts and thoughts all together. Dee can easily distinguish Driger's thoughts.

As I was about to launch my beyblade for who know how many time that day, I had this strange feeling something was about to happen. I can feel three people near me. The closest one to me was a couple ridges away from me. The other two were much further than that. They were probably on the trail, heading this way. From what I could sense, they all felt worries and anxious. Not to mention the fact, all three were heading in my direction. I needed some time to myself. Why couldn't they leave me alone?

'Driger refuses to tell me why he left,' Dralcian spoke to me mentally.

"Thanks for trying," I sighed. I didn't blame the falcon. Dralcian tried. I launched my beyblade and watched it as I talked to the other bit beast.

'He also told me that he will be back, when the time is right.'

"And when would that be?" I wondered out loud.

'How should I know?' Dralcian said a little irritated.

"I thought you could read minds," I pointed out that fact.

'Yes, I can read minds,' Dralcian sighed a little. 'But Driger's mind made no sense at all.'

"I think I'm the one to blame," I sighed this time. I hung my head in shame.

'It couldn't be that bad,' Dralcian tried to sound reassuring. 'I'm sure you'll figure it out sooner or later. And you have me to help you.'

"Thanks," I said, gripping my launcher. "I was just wondering if we could go into bit chips." Maybe, I could make up for the loss of my bit beast by going into one, but that would mean blowing my cover in front of my team mates.

'We can go into them, but we can't stay for a long time,' Dralcian once again answered my question. 'It's like the same with sealed bit beasts but the opposite. If we stay too long in the bit chip, we start losing our powers.'

"Do you know how much power we lose?" I asked, out of curiosity.

'I know if we stay in there too long our powers will drop to ten percent of what we are right now,' Dralcian shuddered mentally. 'That's why I try to stay away from human magicians.'

"Are there still any around?" I asked nervously.

'No they're all gone,' Dralcian assured me.

Before I could reply, a pink beyblade came crashing into mine. There was only one person I knew that had a pink blade, and she goes by the name of Mariah. I wondered what she could be doing out here in the middle of nowhere, when she told me she knew. Even though I didn't have the white tiger bit beast, she still wanted me to be on the team, the White Tiger team that was. She wanted things to go back to the way they used to be. At first I had my doubts, but she sounded really convincing.

When I was about to say yes, Tyson and Max showed up. They thought I was going to leave them. Well... I was almost about to, when Tyson went off on being a team and a team mate. He said that it didn't matter if I had a bit beast or not. Suddenly, he challenged me to a battle. Mariah tried to go up against Tyson, because he had a bit beast and I did not. Tyson said that if I won, I could do whatever I wanted no questions asked. If he won, I had to go back to the Bladebreakers and stay there forever. I can handle that, but Mariah insisted she battle the persistent blader of the Bladebreakers. Nevertheless, I wouldn't allow her to fight my battles for me. If I did, I won't be going anywhere in life. I can't allow someone to fight for me, when I can fight myself.

In the end, I won the battle, because Tyson was too predictable. I could read his every move and counter with my own. Coming to practice paid off, especially with Kai. He made sure he trained hard and often. I wondered what was up with him. That was a different matter. When I had won, I thought Tyson would protest or do something except this. He told me that if I wanted to rejoin the White Tigers that would be okay with him. In addition to this, both Tyson and Max weren't mad at me. They were glad I found a place where I belonged.

White Tigers or Bladebreakers, I couldn't decide right then and there. Okay, lemme think for a minute. When I was with the White Tigers, we took beyblading seriously. It was our goal in life, like a mission. On the other hand, the Bladebreakers looked at beyblading as a fun sport. They didn't allow it to take over their lives. Instead of training as hard as possible so they can surpass everyone in ability, they had fun while they were training. They played for the love of the game. Hm, not much of a choice here. So I finally decided to go with the Bladebreakers, because that was where I wanted to be. Mariah understood after awhile. Then Lee had to show up.

Lee had to ruin a Kodak moment, but then again, Lee had never been good with timing. He always came at the wrong times and didn't come at the right times. When he arrived he was very pissed. I knew it had something to do with Mariah, coming out to look for me. She mentioned earlier that she knew I had lost Driger and that she came to see how I was holding up. In my letter, I told them I would be returning. I wondered if they received that letter, but I can't change the past. Then again, Lee had a thick skull.

When Lee and Mariah had left, it was our turn to leave. I turned towards the two and informed them that the way the others took was the only way down. Both of them paled and were trying to make excuses on why they can't go down. They even asked me to go down and get someone to take them down from there. Tough luck, both of them were coming with me.

"You weren't really going to leave us?" Max asked innocently on our way back.

"I don't know," I answered him with the truth. If I wanted them to trust me again, I should start by telling them the truth.

"Oh, okay." The blonde accepted my answer with slight hesitation.

"You know even without your bit beast, you're still a formidable opponent," Tyson tried to cheer me up. They both knew I had lost Driger.

"I guess so," I sighed still a bit upset at the lost of the white tiger, not the team.

'You know he's right,' Dee chirped mentally.

Moments of silence passed as we walked towards the beyblade tournament area. I noticed Max started to become restless at the lack of sound. Tyson seemed to be lost in thought and didn't seem to mind the quietness. I wondered what he could be thinking about. Maybe it had something to do with the tournament and beating the White Tigers.

'Clueless as usual,' Dralcian teased me.

'What do you mean?' I asked the falcon mentally.

'Tyson's mind is far from the tournament,' Dralcian informed me.

'Then where could it be?' I wondered mentally.

'It's on a certain beyblader,' Dralcian chirped once again.

'Who could it be?' I thought out loud. I looked over at Tyson to find him staring at a certain beyblader. Why didn't I see that before? 'So that's what you mean.'

'Good guess, Sherlock,' Dralcian teased me again.

'Are you always like this?' I asked the silver falcon.

'Not really,' Dralcian shrugged mentally. 'You're the first person I could trust.'

'How can you trust me when we haven't even met?' I asked.

'You're the only other unsealed bit beast,' Dralcian said. 'I seriously doubt you would be working for those humans.'

'True,' I thought. 'Anyways, when can I meet you?'

'I have some business to attend here,' Dralcian replied with a hint of sorrow.

'Oh, I see,' I sighed mentally.

'Why?'

'Because you're the only bit beast other than myself, who hasn't been sealed,' I replied. 'Plus, I have a few questions about the world.'

'I may not be able to answer all of your questions,' Dralcian said. 'Even though I have lived a long time, I don't fully understand humans.'

'That's okay,' I assured the other bit beast. 'So when are you going to be finished?'

'Most likely after the Asian Tournament,' Dralcian said yawning mentally. 'Maybe we'll meet if you go to the American Tournament.'

'Okay. Tired?'

'You could say that. Anyways, I haven't had much sleep here so I'll be going to bed.'

'I guess it's good night then.'

'Night.'

"I can't stand this silence," Max said very frustrated.

"I don't mind," Tyson said, surprising the blonde.

"Are you sure you're Tyson?" Max asked while inspecting the questionable blader.

"I'm sure I'm Tyson," Tyson said with confidence.

"Okay," Max said hesitantly.

"So Rei what are you thinking about?" Tyson asked, getting me into the conversation.

"I was just thinking about Driger," I said telling them only a part of the truth. I had been thinking about the white tiger, but at the same time, I had been conversing with another bit beast. Well, it wasn't lying.

"How are you going to get your bit beast back?" Max asked me very curiously.

"I seriously don't know," I answered. Glancing down, I could feel ashamed at losing the white tiger. If only I hadn't listened to Kevin, then I wouldn't be in this predicament

"You're going to do fine," Tyson tried to sound convincing.

"Thanks," I said before those two started chatting about our next opponent.

It was a good thing the next round was tomorrow, because we would have only one beyblader there. Tyson and Max came searching for me; therefore, the team was down by two members. Each team was required to have at least three players, because there were three rounds, and each person can go only once. Every round must be played, even if a team has won both the first and second round.



Ray: Where's Wing?

Kai: I don't know.

Dralcian: *reading a fantasy book*

Tyson: Who's that? *points to Dralcian*

Kai: The new bit beast.

Ray: That still doesn't tell me where she is.

Max: I'm sure we'll find her somewhere.

Kenny: She hasn't left the building, according to the records.

Ray: --U I searched everywhere.

Dralcian: *looks up*

Bladebreakers: *leave the room*

Dralcian: ^-^ Completely clueless as usual. *goes back to reading*