Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei ❯ The Return of Driger ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: This rest of this series is dedicated to Jadej.j., who puts up with my insanity on a regular basis. ^.^

Ray: So there you are.

Wingzero: Why wouldn't I be here?

Ray: You weren't last time.

Wingzero: I was here the entire time.

Ray: --



At least we weren't facing the White Tigers this round. I don't think I could take any of them without Driger unless I was to hop into the blade myself, but that would give me away, which would be bad in my case. After talking with the silver falcon, I started to worry if I can ever show my other form to my team mates, without worry about the consequences. I could always ask Kai to fill in for me, but it would only happen if Tyson and Max didn't win their match. Hopefully, both of them would win their matches so I don't have to be pressured into winning mine. As we took our respective seats, I took out my beyblade. Sighing, I looked at the empty bit chip. This was a depressing sight.

There were four teams: the Spin Shepherds, the Charming Princes, the White Tigers, and the Bladebreakers. The Spin Shepherds were against the White Tigers. Next was us versus the Charming Princes. Our opponents have such weird taste in clothing. As the quarter-finals started, I could feel a pair of eyes watching me. I looked over towards the source to find Lee staring at me with a glare. Not only could I see him glaring, I felt complete anger and hatred towards me. Even though I can't read his mind, I knew what he was thinking. Maybe I can ask my new found friend to give it a shot.

The first round was Gary versus one of the Spin Shepherds. Suddenly, we heard this loud sound, coming from a certain person and no it wasn't Tyson this time. This noise was coming from a certain large White Tiger, who ate as much as Tyson. Well, I think they both could eat about the same amount of food. The only female on the team was scolding him. She said something about their deal, which Gary seemed to have forgotten as he had a very big meal from the looks of it, not to mention smell. At times like these, I wish I didn't have such a good sense of smell. With both the animals combined, I have a better sense of hearing, sight, and touch. There were times when I considered my heightened senses to be a blessing and at times to be a curse, such as these times. Note to self: stay away from Tyson when we decide to have Mexican.

When he took out his blade, I was surprised to find wool on it. Why would they cover their blades in wool? I glanced over to my team mates. They were also wondering the same thing as I was. Maybe it was to keep their beyblade warm, but that wouldn't help to win the match, unless we were battling in an outdoor stadium, while it was snowing. Perhaps, there was something more than meets the eye. As the battle commenced, we quickly discovered why they used wool. It was not only a good warmer but it made a good defense. Since Gary's timing was off, the Spin Shepherds took the first round, much to the dismay of Lee.

Mariah soon corrected this mistake by taking the second round. If she lost, then the White Tigers wouldn't have gone to the finals. The Spin Shepherds, after winning the first round, became more confident that they will win especially since he was up against a girl. Looks can be deceiving. Take a look at me, you don't know just by looking at me that I was a bit beast. I believed it that he completely underestimated his opponent which brought him down. She used her scratch attack to destroy her opponent's blade. He didn't know what was coming until it was too late. Then again, that was how cats catch their prey. We sneak up on them before we pounce.

Lee would take on the captain of the Spin Shepherds. Unlike his other team mates, he didn't use the wooly defense. Instead he preferred brute strength. It reminded me of someone I know, but I don't remember who. During his match, he used the tiger claw attack, which forced me to reveal my past with the White Tigers. Lee and I were the best of friends. We spend a lot of time together and spent time creating the tiger claw attack. That was how he knew it, because he helped to create it in the first place. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to go beyond my history with the White Tigers.

Up next was the Charming Princes versus us, the Bladebreakers. Tyson and Max went before me, seeing as Kai usually didn't go into battle. I would take the last round, assuming that my two other team mates win their rounds. Perhaps, this will be the time I would regain Driger. I hoped so, because I felt so lonely without him. Anyways, when the first Charming Prince took out his beyblade, it appeared to be larger and possibly heavier than ours. Dizzi confirmed it when she told us that they had used the heaviest beyblade the association allowed them to. I wondered why they would use such a heavy beyblade. Then again the heavier it was, the more difficult it would be difficult to move. As Tyson battled, we soon found out how true that assumption would be. It took more effort to dislodge the beyblade than usual. Max also won his.

Now, it was my turn. I hesitantly stepped up to the platform and held out my launcher along with my beyblade. This was it. The game wasn't on the line, but my bit beast. As I gripped onto the beyblade, I took deep breaths to calm myself down. I remembered to back when I had lost the white tiger in the first place. I lost him, because I doubted myself, my skills, and my decisions. Well, I wasn't going to let that stand in my way of getting my best friend back. I was going to get him back no matter what, even if it took me years. Well, at least I know I have someone who can help me in that search.

'You said it,' Dralcian's voice suddenly appeared in my head.

'You know you have such great timing,' I thought back.

'You know I do!' Dralcian chirped.

I returned my focus back to the battle, when I heard the DJ start the countdown. "This one is for you Driger, where ever you are." With that, I launched my beyblade into the stadium. I had put all my heart into that launch, even though it wasn't the finals. I had something to prove not only to myself but to the white tiger as well.

Moments later a green light flashed through the stadium before heading towards my spinning beyblade. It couldn't be. I must be dreaming, when suddenly a mental pinch made me think otherwise. So I wasn't dreaming, then it could only mean one thing. I was really awake, and this was really happening. I took one more look at the green blur. Wait, it was. Driger had come back. In a blink of an eye, he returned to his bit chip and emerged like usual. The white tiger was in da house or stadium to be more specific.

The look on the White Tigers team was priceless. They had known for some time that I had lost the white tiger bit beast. Guessed they weren't expecting this. I knew Lee had wanted Driger for a very long time. When I had lost the white tiger, in his mind, he thought I wasn't good enough to have that bit beast and that this event some how proved it. Nevertheless, when I regained Driger everything changed, since this proved that I was worthy enough to hold the white tiger bit beast. Oh, if only Lee would have known, then he wouldn't be after Driger. Sealed bit beasts only had ten percent of their original power. I, on the other hand, retained my true powers so that made me one powerful bit beast.

"Let's show them the real tiger claw attack," I cheerfully announced to Driger, who more than happily complied with my request.

Driger then started pouring on the power and tearing up the wall. In his wake, he left a huge trail. The next moment, the entire top of the wall was starting to become torn apart. If he kept this up, there wouldn't be a stadium to fight in, but there was still enough of the wall remaining. I could feel his power increasing as he pushed and shoved the other beyblade. Ramming the other beyblade caused a huge cloud of dust and small debris to form. By the time it finally settled, we found only one beyblade spinning. Can you guess which one? It can't be that hard......



Of course, it was mine.

'Congratulations,' Dralcian said to me. 'I wanted to be the first person to say that.'

'Thanks,' I responded to the silver falcon bit beast.

The rest of the Bladebreakers, with the exception of Kai, came rushing towards me. They were congratulating me on getting my bit beast back. When I looked over at Kai, I couldn't believe he said that. If I lost, then they were going to pool their money and buy me a bus ticket back home. The nerve of him, I'll show him. However, my other team mates didn't give me time to dwell on it, because we were celebrating our victory, which places us one more step to battling the White Tigers in the finals. I wished Kai could have been happy that I have Driger back, but he wasn't the type of person to do that. When I tried to sense his feelings, I couldn't make heads or tails of what the guy was feeling. Maybe that was his problem, he couldn't understand his emotions or he was trying to suppress them.

On the way back to our room, we chatted about this and that. Now that Driger was back, I wasn't as worried as I was before. I guessed I was just used to having a bit beast, well a known bit beast. Perhaps, I depended too much on Driger to win the match, but I know that I have to pull my weight too. It takes much more than brute strength to win in beyblading. It took knowledge and experience, which I have. Well, I do have a lot of experience and I will gain more knowledge as I go up against different beybladers from around the world.

"How does it feel to have Driger back?" Tyson asked as we headed towards our room.

"It feels good," I genuinely smiled back at him.

"At least now, Mr. Sour Pants can't kick you off the team," Tyson chuckled as he teased our team captain with silly nick names.

"Yeah, he wanted to buy you a bus ticket home if you lost," Max informed me, which I already knew but he wouldn't have known.

"Figures," I sighed with a hint of disappointment. When I glanced over towards Kai, I saw him looking anywhere but me. "Let's talk about something else."

"Okay," Tyson and Max agreed.

"We won't know who we're up against in the semi-finals until the other match is over," Kenny spoke up. "I believe theirs is still going as we speak."

"They started late," Kai snorted as he kept his distance from us.

"Okay," Tyson said, not sounding too sure about what Kai had said.

"In any case, I'll use tonight to prepare for tomorrow's match," Kenny said. "I have a few things I would like to try."

"Chief, you need your sleep," Max protested. Kenny had been doing a lot of extra work and spending a few nights pulling all nighters.

"I guess it couldn't hurt to cut back a little," Kenny sighed.

"We all want to win," I said thoughtfully. "But we shouldn't compromise our heath for the sake of winning." I added afterwards.

"Yeah, we should all think about our health," Tyson backed me up on this one.

"Then you should really think about going on a diet," Kai roughly suggested.

"A diet?" Tyson gasped as he nearly fainted.

Max had to help Tyson with his balance as he almost toppled over. "I'm sure he was only kidding about that. Right Kai?"

"Who ever said I make jokes?" Kai snorted before making the distance between us greater.

"You just .... never mind," I sighed at his reluctance to be human. Seriously, I don't he was human. Even I was a bit beast, I acted somewhat human.

"You're not going to make me go on a diet?" Tyson asked once he regained his voice.

"You could stand to lose a few pounds," Kai snorted again.

"Don't mind him," Max tried to assure the food loving beyblader. "I think you're okay just the way you are."

"Thanks Maxie," Tyson called Max by his nickname. "So what are we going to do?"

"What else? Train." Kai said as if it was the most obvious thing in the whole world.

"Don't you ever think about anything besides training?" I asked with curiosity.

"It's none of your business," Kai huffed.

"Whatever," I said before turning to the others.

As we approached our room, Max and Tyson decided to hang out somewhere. With them, who knew what could be going through their minds. Kenny decided to check out the other games and other beyblading action. He said something about knowing our opponents before we go against them, in particular the White Tigers, but I seriously doubt they would be training out in the open. Kai had also gone to train, leaving me the only one in the room. I have the room to myself. What to do?

With a green flash, Driger came out of his beyblade and stretched on the floor. He hadn't changed to his human form so that left him in his bit beast form. Wondered why he had chosen his bit beast form over his human one. I glanced over towards him, wanting to know what he was thinking at the moment.

"I suppose you're wondering why I had left you," Driger started off the conversation.

"That would be a good place to start," I said, taking a seat in one of the chairs. I wondered what he was going to say, but I had a good feeling about it.

"Do you want me to tell you the truth?" Driger asked cautiously, as if I was going to do something drastic at the moment.

"That would be preferable," I informed the white tiger.

"I don't think you can handle the truth," Driger said wearily. Maybe he doesn't want to tell me or he just doesn't think I was old enough.

"I think I'm old enough to know if I can handle it or not," I answered with a tone that was confident of my decision. "Why did you leave?"

"I left so you can sort your feelings out," Driger said calmly. "You were torn between the White Tigers and the Bladebreakers."

"I know," I sighed looking down at my feet. "Part of me wants to be accepted by the White Tigers and the other part of me wants to be accepted by the Bladebreakers."

"You know the answer to that," Driger said softly.

"Yeah, I wish I could change my history with the White Tigers, but we all know that isn't going to happen," I sighed once again.

"Then you must look to the future," Driger said with confidence.

"You mean with the Bladebreakers?" I asked the bit beast.

"Yes," he answered. "You feel more like a family with them than the White Tigers, am I right?"

I nodded my head, giving my answer. "I don't know why, but in the little time I spent with the Bladebreakers, I felt they have become the family I lost."

"You're emotions won't lie to you," Driger mentioned.

"There's more isn't there?" I asked him.

"Yes, you were starting to doubt yourself and your decisions," Driger answered as he sat down on the floor. "You must have confidence in yourself and your decisions."

"I do have confidence in myself," I said a little bit offended.

"You weren't confident during the match," Driger pointed out. "You started doubting your decision to leave the village and started buying into those lies Kevin told you."

"I suppose so," I sighed yet again.

"You need to have confidence in your decisions or you'll find yourself regretting every choice you make for the rest of your life," Driger mentioned.

"I want to, but sometimes I think I could have made a better choice," I hesitated in saying.

"You dwell too much on the past," Driger said slightly annoyed. "You can't go anywhere by looking back, you must look forward."

"I guess you're right there," I said. "I shouldn't be regretting the choices I make, but something tells me there's more to this; otherwise you would have told me."

"You needed to discover the answers on your own," Driger said. "I will always support you, but you know I can't always protect you from the harsh reality."

"So you left me to find myself?" I asked.

"Yes and I see you have done well," Driger commented.

"I have one question though," I said after a slight hesitation.

"What is it?" Driger asked.

"Would you ever abandon me?"

"No I would never do such a thing!" Driger exclaimed with shock.

"Thank you," I said before giving the white tiger a hug. "You know you're also a good mentor."

"Is that so?" Driger asked in my embrace.

"Yes, you helped me to regain confidence in myself and my decisions," I said. "Not only that but you have helped me sort out my feelings for the White Tigers and Bladebreakers."

"I'm glad to help you," Driger smiled.

"Oh I forgot to mention something," I said pulling back. Driger tilted his head in curiosity. "There's another bit beast out there, who hasn't been sealed."

"Are you sure about this?" Driger asked.

"Don't you remember him contacting you?" I pointed out that fact.

"Oh yes," Driger said recalling the voice. "I didn't know he was an unsealed bit beast."

"You didn't ask him, did you?" I said while sweatdropping massively.

"No," Driger replied sheepishly.

'Go figure,' Dralcian said.

'I resent that!' Driger huffed mentally.

'You were always on the slow side,' the silver falcon teased him.

'Take that back!' Driger growled. He paused for a second to think. 'How did you escape being sealed?'

'I had been fortunate enough to be in a secluded area, where hardly any humans attacked,' Dralcian explained. 'I managed to escape with my life barely. I had to go into hiding until I couldn't hear any human thoughts for awhile.'

'My parents sacrificed themselves so I could get away,' I sighed mentally.

'That's so sad to hear,' Dralcian said with sympathy. 'Anyways, it's good to hear you two back together again.'

'Maybe we can meet,' I thought to him.

'Sure, I'll be busy for some time, but I won't mind showing you around here,' Dralcian said a little enthusiastically.

'You shouldn't be planning ahead,' Driger said. He had a serious look. 'You still have two more rounds to go and don't forget one of them is with the White Tigers.'

'You worry too much,' I thought.

'In any case, you'll either come over here or I'll come over there,' Dralcian announced.

'That's settled,' I thought when suddenly a sound came from the door. I glanced over to Driger, who went back into his beyblade.

To my surprise Kai came inside and took one glance at me, before heading towards the bathroom. I wondered what that was all about. Then I heard the shower going. He must have finished training. I have other things to worry about than his hygiene.



Wingzero: Ugh. I was so stuck on the part with Driger and Rei.

Ray: You were?

Wingzero: --UU Yeah. It sounds lame.

Ray: At least you tried.

Wingzero: Anyways, if you want to know what's going on my life or with my fics, I'll keep you posted in my bio. Just look at the end of them.

Ray: Um okay. Btw, who's Dralcian?

Wingzero: -- You're really clueless.

Ray: Uh yeah.

Wingzero: I'll leave you guys to guess.

Ray: Come on.

Wingzero: Nope, you'll have to find out for yourselves.

Ray: *points to the reviewers* What about them?

Wingzero: They'll have to find out for themselves.

Ray: --UU

Wingzero: ^.^