Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei ❯ Winning Driger & Meeting Dee ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Hi! ^.^

Ray: Who's Dralcian?

Tyson: We'd like to know.

Max: Well.... *jumping up and down*

Kai: *has his impassive look but is very interested*

Kenny: According to my calculations, it can't be any of us.

Tyson: Then who is it?

Wingzero: -.- You guys still haven't figured out.

Bladebreakers: No.......

Wingzero: In any case, I'll tell ya at the end of the chappie.



Yesterday, I couldn't believe that we almost forfeited the game, since we didn't have enough players at the stadium. Okay, the day started out as normal, with Tyson being a pain to wake up. I tried my hot chili pepper in the mouth trick, but he only fainted later. The others had gone ahead, while I volunteered to stay behind and wake up Tyson. Sheesh, this boy could sleep though anything, even an earthquake. However, when I mentioned that there was no food left, he immediately jumped out of bed and started dragging me to the nearest grocery store. It took me a few minutes to calm the hysterical teen down before we started walking to the beyblade stadium.

On route there, Tyson managed to flag us a bus. I figured with this bus, we would be able to make it to the arena in time for our match. Nevertheless, I was wrong. A rock slide prevented several cars, trucks, and buses from going up the winding path to the stadium. Tyson and I had no choice but to try and climb the mountain. My human companion didn't like the idea at first, but he went along with it, since we were running late. While we were climbing up the mountain side, a large rock came tumbling down at us. I was able to get Tyson and myself out of the rock's way, but it left me at a disadvantage. My ankle was twisted. I had two options: I can heal myself, while not telling Tyson the truth, or I could not heal it and tell Tyson to go on without me. I told him to leave me, as we needed only one more player. That stubborn beyblader wouldn't take no for an answer as he picked me up and carried me all the way there. I never would have guessed that he had enough strength to carry me the distance.

Okay, today we were heading into the finals. It was us against the White Tigers. I could feel my palms sweat and my heart rate increase. As much as I wanted to defeat them, part of me misses being with them, like the good old days. I would like to win, but I also wanted them to win, even if they didn't like me. Deep down inside, they will always be my friends, though a couple of them don't act like it.

In the first set, Max faced off against Gary. They used a double dish, meaning there were two dishes instead of one. The hard part was that they moved in opposite directions. For the first round, Max discovered a way to defeat Galzzy, by using the dishes. Since he had more balance than Gary, he used it to his advantage. Nonetheless, in the second round, Gary managed to defeat him, using brute force. Normally, I wouldn't use my physical strength to defeat my opponents. I would find a way or a weakness that I could use against them. Having won one a piece, they moved onto the final round of the set. Gary, being completely pissed, gave his bit beast enough power to easily defeat Max and to destroy the entire stadium.

For the next set, I went against Mariah. At first I didn't want to do this, because she and the others introduced me to beyblading. She was the one, who made me interested in the sport. Not to mention, her aunt allowed me to live with them. I remembered all the good old times; we used to have back then. Shaking my head, I cleared my thoughts. I have a match to win. When we launched our beyblades into the stadium, Mariah took the upper hand, since I wasn't putting my heart into fighting her. In the second round, I got my act together, with the help of my team mates and a couple of bit beasts. After some advise from my friends and some pestering from a certain bit beast, whom shall remain nameless, I managed to pull through in the second round. I had been trailing until I snapped out of it. During the third round, our bit beasts helped us to remember the good old times that we spent together and how much time we wasted in becoming enemies. We were actually having fun. Still, Lee had to be such a pain in the rear.

The winner of the third set will determine who will be the Asian champions. Tyson squared off against Lee, captain of the White Tigers. They used a desert type of beyblade stadium. In the first round, Lee surprised us by using an attack, while his bit beast was inside his blade. All of us were surprised that he could do something like that, but with Lee, anything was possible. When Lee's blade started pushing Tyson's blade off the rock and into the sand, Tyson started to panic. Out of nowhere, Kai gave Tyson some good advice. He said that Lee's attention was elsewhere and to use it as an advantage. I can tell his attention was on me, since I still hold the white tiger bit beast. Kai told him to use the stadium and make it his. I wondered what he was talking about. Then suddenly, Tyson decided to make his beyblade to into the sand. Kenny kept on panicking about Tyson not listening to him. Lee decided to attack from above, but that proved to be his undoing, since Tyson used his storm attack to defeat him. Having one round a piece, the third round had to be played. Lee decided to show off our home town skills as he attacked Tyson. He said that if I had stuck around long enough, I would know them. Humans can be so foolish at times. A tie was the result of that round.

The officials declared that one more round would be played to determine the winner. I couldn't allow this opportunity to slip from my fingers. Somehow, I needed to convince Lee that I only left so that I can learn more and in return, bring back the knowledge to our village. Tyson was completely pumped after his set. He literally jumped towards the stadium, when I told him that I wanted to fight Lee. Kenny said that Tyson had the momentum going, but I wouldn't listen to him. This was something between the White Tiger's team captain and me. At first, I was faltering in my attacks, when Tyson gave me some good advice. I then told Lee the reason why I had left and proved it by using his own attack while combining it with the tiger claw attack. From then, we had this understanding. He still held onto the memory, but he doesn't call me a traitor anymore. Through this ordeal, he figured out it was better if I left the village and returned with the skills I have acquired.

The others had opted to go back to Japan, after the finals; however, I wanted to go to the United States and meet with the silver falcon. He mentioned that he could meet me as soon as my flight landed. The bit beast would be waiting at the airport for me. I couldn't wait to meet this other bit beast. Dralcian informed me he was the only bit beast other than me, who hasn't been sealed. I glanced outside the window on my flight to the United States of America for the American tournament. Normally, I could have flown there on my own, but someone would become suspicious as to how I arrived there by a different means of transportation. I wished I was flying out there, on this sunny day. It was the perfect weather for flying.

'Today is a perfect day for sun bathing,' Driger commented from his blade.

'Only you would say that,' I thought back to him.

'You can say that again,' Dralcian chirped.

'Not you again,' Driger sighed.

'I can chat with your master if I felt like it,' Dralcian said smugly.

'Not if I have a say in the matter,' Driger said, very annoyed.

'Would you two mind knocking it off?' I asked both bit beasts.

'I will as long as he does,' Dralcian huffed. 'Anyways, he started it.'

'Only if Rei allows it,' Driger said in a dignified manner.

'So you two will get along?' I asked very hopefully.

'Okay,' they replied in unison.

'So what would you like to do, once you arrive here?' The silver falcon inquired. 'We have several Broadway show, the Empire State building, the statue of liberty, movies, amusement parks, and much more.'

'I was thinking of checking out the local beyblade action,' I thought.

'Don't you want to relax?' Dralcian asked me.

'We have to get ready for the next tournament,' I reminded him.

'In that case, you might want to check out the BBA research facility,' Dralcian informed me. 'They normally give tours, but I think they might be flexible for you guys.'

'What makes you for sure?' I asked the silver falcon.

'You'll have to find out for yourself,' Dralcian teased me.

'Typical of you,' Driger sighed.

'What are you talking about?' I inquired the other two bit beasts.

'We used to know each other,' Dralcian explained to me. 'We lived next to each other, ever since we were very young. As a matter of fact, I can't remember living without him as a neighbor.'

'Then how come you didn't know who Driger was,' I asked remembering our first mental talk.

'Driger wasn't always his name,' Dralcian told me.

'I know, Rei wasn't always my name,' I sighed mentally.

'Well, anyways after you check out the facility, what do you want to do?' The silver falcon asked me.

'Would you like to meet my team mates?' I asked him.

'.............'

'I know I can trust them,' I tried to assure him.

'It's not that,' Dralcian sighed. 'It's just that I don't exactly trust humans, ever since they sealed our kind within those bit pieces.'

'Understandable,' I nodded mentally.

'Anyways, I'm going to get some sleep,' I yawned mentally.

'Sure thing,' Dralcian said. 'Night.'

'Good night,' Driger said to me.

Curling up in the chair, I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. Slowly but surely, I started to fall asleep. While I was drifting off to sleep, I wondered what Dralcian would look like. How does he act around me? What does his bit beast form look like?

Yawning, my eyes fluttered as they adjusted to the light. I wondered how long I was asleep when a flight attendant came over the speakers. We were about to land in half an hour. I brought my chair into the upright position and waited for the plane to land. As I opened the window, I noticed that it was afternoon.

'Hi!'

'Hi Dralcian,' I thought to him.

'I'm here at the airport,' the silver falcon informed me.

'My plane will be landing in around half an hour,' I informed him.

'Oh okay,' Dralcian said. 'I'll just hang out around here.'

'You'll get bored within minutes,' Driger snorted.

'And you're annoying as ever,' Dralcian teased the white tiger.

'You two like to annoy each other?' I wondered as I talked to those two.

'Pretty much,' Driger said. 'It's became a habit between the two of us. We're good friends, even though it may not seem like it.'

'Basically what he said,' Dralcian agreed with what the white tiger.

Half an hour later, the plane landed at the airport. The first thing I had to do was check in, since I was visiting from another nation. I was required to go through customs, which took awhile, since there were several people. They checked for things such as drugs, weapons, any fruit or vegetable, and anything illegal. Since the 9-11 event, security had become extremely tighter. They were boosting flight security, since they don't want a repeat. My next task was getting my luggage. I couldn't carry it aboard the plane, since it was larger than the maximum allowance.

As I left the baggage area, I started searching for Dralcian. He said that he would be wandering around the area. Driger thought he might have left, since we took forever just to get checked in. I told the white tiger that he would not leave us. In any case, I still had money for my expenses. I had saved up enough money from my jobs, for travel expenses and buying spare beyblade parts. While looking around, I couldn't find the silver falcon, when a girl came bounding over towards me, with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Hi!" she greeted me enthusiastically. She kind of reminded me of a female version of Max. Her hair was silvery white that went down to her shoulder blades. She had bluish-silver eyes. What surprised me was that she resembled a neko-jin, with her cat like eyes and fangs. She had slightly loose blue jeans, a white button down shirt that was open, and a black tank top.

"Hi," I replied. "I'm kind of looking for someone."

"Would that someone go by the name of Dralcian?" She inquired while tilting her head.

"How do you know?" I asked her, completely bewildered.

"I'm Dralcian, but everyone calls me Dee," she shrugged.

"I thought you were supposed to be a bird and a boy," I whispered to her.

"Well...... I don't know how my human form resembles a cat like you, but I am still a silver falcon," Dralcian replied.

Standing next to her, I realized she was about my height. "That doesn't explain why you're a girl." Whenever we talked, Dralcian sounded male.

"To tell you the truth, I'm both," Dralcian informed me as we headed towards the exit. "I have two forms: male and female. I guess you can say I have four forms."

'Two human forms and two bit beast forms,' I thought.

'You can say that again,' she spoke to me mentally. I nearly jumped when I heard her in my head, but a few seconds later, I remembered she can read minds.

"So do you have any mode of transportation?" I asked the silver falcon.

"It's out in the parking lot," Dralcian informed me.

"Okay," I said, walking beside her. We walked across the street, where several people were getting into awaiting cars, taxis, buses, and other modes of transportation. When she stopped, I gave her a questioning look.

"This is my ride," she motioned towards the motorcycle. Her motorcycle was silver in color. It had a metal frame. I can't say much about it, because I don't know much about them.

"You ride this thing?" I asked her. She nodded her head and opened the luggage area. I watched her as she grabbed two helmets and tossed one of them to me, before wearing the silver/grey helmet. "Hand me your bag."

I complied with her request as she placed my bag into the compartment. With that, she had to use her rope to keep my bag inside it, because it wouldn't fit. My baggage was too large to fit in it. "Where are we going first?"

"Probably the hotel," Dralcian suggested. "After all, we don't want to be carrying around your bag, do we?"

She had a point. "Mr. Dickenson gave me enough cash to pay for it, and he reserved us a room," I said thoughtfully. "And in any case, I know he reserved us a room for the tournament."

"Yeah, you wouldn't believe how many vacancies there are," Dralcian said exasperated. "When I was looking around, there weren't any within thirty minutes of the beyblade tournament."

"So do you need a room?" I asked her. I had wanted her to be there in person.

"No, I reserved a room weeks in advanced," Dralcian said with a smug smile. "I knew that the tournament would be held there so I book myself a room for the entire tournament. And in any case, I didn't know there was another like me going to the tournament. I was interested in seeing the All Starz in action."

"All Starz?" I asked her as she hopped onto her bike.

"The All Starz represent the United States," the silver falcon informed me. "You may or may not face them. I know that they all have bit beasts."

"Do you know anything else about them?" I asked her.

"I know more about the bit beasts than the actual people who hold them," Dralcian told me.

I hopped onto her motorcycle and placed on the helmet. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I informed her that I was ready to go. She then started her motorcycle and allowed it to warm up, before slowly starting to drive. My feet had found the two pegs for them to rest on, when I had sat upon the bike.

'What hotel are you staying at?' Dralcian telepathed to me.

'I'm staying at the New York City Grand Hotel,' I thought back to her.

'I know where that is,' she said with enthusiasm. 'I'm staying there. I wonder which room you and your room mates have.'

'I don't know until we reach there,' I shrugged. 'I thought you would have a home or an apartment.'

'Well, I do have an apartment, bit it isn't here,' the silver falcon announced. 'It's in Russia.'

'Why are you here then?' I wanted to know.

'I had a lead,' Dralcian said with a very grim note. 'For you information, there's group of beybladers, searching for powerful bit beasts.'

My eyes widened. Would they know about us? 'Do you know anything more about them?'

'That's why I'm following these leads,' Dralcian sighed mentally. 'I have been tracking them for the past decade, but when I think I'm close, I can't find any solid evidence. They must have pulled out before I arrived.'

'They're one step ahead of you,' I thought.

'Yeah, but they don't know about me, and I plan to keep it that way,' Dralcian said. 'I suggest you stay low, because they're on the move.'

'Understand,' I assured her.

'We're here,' the silver falcon announced as we pulled into the parking lot. She then found a parking space close to the front entrance and pulled into it. They had allotted a small space for motorcycles. It was a good thing, because parking lot was almost full. As soon as she parked, she hopped off of her bike and started to remove the rope.

'Why would they want powerful bit beasts?' I thought out loud.

'World domination,' Dralcian said, while pulling out my bag.

'That is not good,' I looked at her bluish-silver eyes with my golden ones.

'You can say that again,' she thought as she handed over my bag. 'That is the reason why I even bother looking into this.'

As we headed towards the hotel, we talked about her recent leads and misleads. She told me that about half the time, her leads were false, but she would go on them. She said something about not taking any chances. In her lifetime, her mission was to find other bit beasts and help them if they needed it. As it turned out, our room was one floor above hers, which was good in a sense. We didn't have to go far to reach each other. Since she didn't know whether or not we would arrive there, she rented her room on a daily basis.

An hour later, I had finished unpacking and had called the BBA research facility. To our surprise, they had agreed to give us a tour of the place. I had told them that the entire Bladebreakers team would be attending. Maybe that played a factor, but I can't say for certain. Dralcian wanted to show me around, but I was tired from the flight and adjusting to the different time zone so we lounged around the hotel room. I didn't know when the others would arrive, but I seriously doubt it would be by tonight.

"Would you like me to show you how to get into a bit chip?" Dralcian asked out of the blue.

"Why would I need to know that?" I asked her, surprised. She had caught me off guard with that question. I seriously wasn't expecting her to show me.

"One of these days, you might need it," the silver falcon shrugged. "I thought you might want to learn it now, while you have someone to instruct you."

"True... but how did you learn?" I inquired. "And why?"

"I learned by accident," Dralcian sighed as she sat onto one of the beds. "Why I did it? I was being chased by humans, and they had nearly caught me too, since I was physically exhausted. Then I wished I was somewhere else. As it happened, someone left a bit chip there and before I knew it, I was in it. I stayed in there until they were gone and emerged from it unchanged. However, I did discover that all the other bit beasts dropped ninety percent in strength, after they had been sealed for such a long time."

"Oh," was all I managed to say.

"So do you want to learn?" She turned to face me.

I nodded my head, signaling that I wanted to learn. It may come in handy one of these days. "I never know when I'll use it."

"You're right about that," Dralcian agreed with me as she pulled out an empty bit chip. She then placed it on the bed. "First of all, you have to clear your mind. Next you have to concentrate only on the bit chip. Lastly, imagine yourself in it and then that's it."

"How do you get out of it?" I asked her, not wanting to get stuck in it.

"You do the opposite," she informed me. "It's not that hard really. Once you get the steps down, you can do it in your sleep, but be careful not to spend too much time in it."

"I will," I assured her. Then I suddenly thought of something. "If both unsealed and sealed bit beasts are able to go in and out of bit chips, then what makes us more powerful?"

"You see, the sealed bit beasts do not have bodies," Dralcian explained as she looked over at me. "That means they require more energy to maintain a physical state in this realm. We, on the other hand, have our physical bodies. We don't have to use our energy to be physically present."

"But that doesn't explain their ninety percent drop when they're in their beyblade," I interrupted her explanation.

"I was getting to that," the silver falcon continued. "We have an extra source of energy, food. Not to mention, our physical bodies are extremely efficient in converting it into energy."

"I understand," I said, nodding my head.

"Would you like to try?" She indicated towards the temporarily forgotten bit chip.

"Yes," I said, walking over towards it. I followed her instruction to the letter and soon found myself within the bit chip, looking up towards her. I must admit this surprised me at first, because I didn't expect it work this time.

'Have you done this before?' Dralcian raised her brow.

'No,' I replied. 'You're a good teacher.'

'Flattery will get you no where,' She teased me.

Remembering what she said, I did the opposite of her directions and found myself sprawled out on my bed. I glanced over towards her and found her stifling a giggle.

"You really ought to work on your landings," she suggested.

"Yeah, I guess so," I joined her as we laughed.

"Maybe I can help you," Driger suggested after emerging from his bit chip. In case you didn't know, we had the blinds and curtains drawn so they can't see us.

"Thank you," I said to the white tiger.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Dralcian asked the both of us. "We still have time before dinner, and I don't think Rei is up to sight seeing."

"Yeah, I'm still tired from the flight," I agreed with her.

"Maybe we could watch some TV?" Driger suggested as he looked over at the box.

"There's nothing good on at this time," Dralcian sighed as she glared over at the TV. "Trust me on it. I've been here for at least a week."

"Okay, then that's out of the question," I noted as we just sat around, being bored out of our minds. "Maybe you can tell me about your past adventures."

Both bit beasts didn't mind. Driger told me of the many battles he had won over the ages. He also mentioned his several masters. Some of them were nice like me and some of them were not so nice. Dralcian had so many adventures she had pick and chose from them or we'd be stuck listening to her for who knows how long. She chose the more interesting ones.



Wingzero: Have you figured it out?

Ray: No, who is he/she?

Kai: *raises a brow*

Max: *bounces up and down eager to know*

Tyson: *grabbing the Chief and shaking the poor genius*

Kenny: @_@

Wingzero: Come on, surely you must have at least one guess.

Kai: Is it Bryan?

Wingzero: Why would Bryan help Rei out?

Ray: He wouldn't.

Max: Is he/she an oc?

Wingzero: No.

Tyson: Then tell us already!

Wingzero: You're looking at him/her.

Ray: O.O!! YOU????

Wingzero: Why not? My gundam form and this form are both birdlike?

Kai: She has a point.

Ray: True, but why both male and female?

Wingzero: ^^ If ya read Kai's Cold Beginnings, you'll find out why.

Ray: *goes off to read it*

Kai: O.O!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! *runs after Ray and pins him down*

Ray: HEY!!!!

Wingzero: ^^UUU *waves to the reviewers*