Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei ❯ Ominous Message ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I remembered waking up the next morning, wondering where I was. Then it hit me. I was at the hotel with the silver falcon. No, we weren't sharing the same room. I glanced over at the clock and realized that I would be late meeting the others, if their flight arrived on time. I quickly hopped out of bed and dashed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. There was no time to fully wash my hair as I needed to eat.

When I finished, I heard a soft knocking on my door. I sprinted towards it, fully clothed, and opened the door. Behind it there stood an amused Dralcian. This time, Dralcian decided to be a male. I wondered what made him change his mind or wait, was it her mind? I became very confused.

"Are you just going to stand there?" Dralcian inquired. Though he had a cold appearance, he seemed to be amused at my situation.

"Sorry about that, come on in," I replied, stepping out of the way. As soon as I moved out of the way, he entered my room. "I was caught off guard by your sudden change in appearance. That's all."

"Understandable," Dralcian shrugged. He glanced around the room, before settling his gaze on me. "When's the rest of your team arriving?"

"They'll be coming on today's flight from Japan," I replied, quickly getting ready. "I came straight from China and they decided to head to Japan before coming here."

"I see," he said. What was up with him? In his girl form, he acted more warm and kinder. In his male form, he seemed distant and a bit cold. It reminded me of Kai.

"I've come to let you know that I'm leaving this afternoon to go to the glitter dome," Dralcian informed us. "There are places that need to be checked out and people to keep an eye on, especially those with bit beasts."

"I understand," I assured him. "You want to make sure that everyone is safe from this organization you're talking about yesterday."

Dralcian nodded his head. "No doubt they'll show their faces there. Well, at least for the final round, because most likely anyone who has a bit beast will be there."

"I would like to think that would be us," I said thoughtfully.

"I wish you luck on your battles," Dralcian said. "As for there reason I came here was I wanted to know if you would like to have breakfast with me before I leave."

"Sure," I answered. "I'll be one minute." I rushed into the bathroom and brushed my teeth quickly. Then I dashed into the main room, where the silver falcon was waiting for me on my bed. He looked up from where he was sitting and nodded his head.

"Where would you like to eat?" Dralcian asked me.

"Anywhere is fine with me," I replied as we entered the elevator. I pushed the button for the lobby. "I'm not that picky and I don't pig out like Tyson."

Dralcian smirked. "Let's see, there's a nice café down the block. They still serve breakfast at this time."

"That's fine with me," I said. We exited the elevator and headed towards the busy street. Several cars were zooming on the streets. Obviously, they were in a rush as their lack of patience shows it.

"It's my favorite restaurant here," Dralcian said. He started walking down the sidewalk.

"That's good to hear," I said casually. At least I knew they had good food, if he liked it that much. Good thing Tyson wasn't here. He would have gotten us kicked out of yet another restaurant. We needed to work on his eating habits. "So what do you want to talk about?" I wanted to start a conversation with the only unsealed bit beast.

"I'm not usually a conversational person," Dralcian stated.

"You were yesterday," I reminded him.

"That was my feminine side," Dralcian said. "I tend to be very friendly and joke around with people."

"So you have two different personalities," I mused out loud.

"I guess you could say that," Dralcian shrugged. He moved along down the sidewalk. "To tell you the truth, I guess it's from the different hormones I have."

"It could be," I said thoughtfully. "I haven't met someone who can switch between genders, though I've met one person who was both at once."

"That would be a hermaphrodite," Dralcian said. "I've met several of those, though not at the same time or decade."

"Yeah, it's a rare occurrence," I said. We approached the café. "This is a nice place." I took in the view of the restaurant.

It reminded me of a small coffee place. They had a few booths and some tables. The walls were decorated with art pieces. A picture of coffee mugs adorned one side. Another was graced with children playing. One wall had a photo of a small Italian road. The lighting was not too bright, but it wasn't too dim either. Behind the counter, a middle aged man stood there waiting for customers to order.

Dralcian stepped into the café and ordered his breakfast, before sitting at a table. I walked over and ordered mine. Then I took a few minutes to look around. It wasn't busy as it was after the breakfast crowd. Besides, who want to wake up early to go and eat breakfast? I took the seat opposite of the silver falcon.

'When will he ever learn to trust humans?' I thought to myself or so I thought.

'Maybe when they stop hunting for me," Dralcian telepathed to me, though he didn't look in my direction.

I nearly fell over when I heard him respond, because I wasn't expecting that. 'You know you have a bad habit of eavesdropping.'

'It's kind of hard not to when you're screaming it at me,' the silver falcon had his eyes closed and seemed to be in deep thought.

'Sorry about that, I'll try to keep my thoughts to myself,' I apologized to him.

'I'm used to it whenever I'm near humans,' Dralcian assured me. 'They're even louder than you, especially when they are frustrated.'

'I see. So what do we do now?'

'I don't know.'

'Maybe we can chat?' I suggested nervously.

'About what?' He raised a brow and opened his eyes.

'This organization that you've been following,' I sent back to him. 'I want to know more about them just in case I run into them. You said they were collecting powerful bit beasts. I would think they would show up during our matches as five of us have bit beasts and I am an unsealed one.'

'You have a point,' Dralcian said after pausing a moment to think. 'Here's what I know of them so far. I have heard that they experiment on bit beasts, trying to make them stronger. They have even gone as far as creating their own bit beasts from science. They currently possess a bit beast, which can absorb others. As far as their physical features, I can't tell you, because there are so many of them. More than half of them are either teenagers or children, who have been training to be perfect beybladers with no emotions or hearts. They're basically soldiers.'

'How awful,' I gasped mentally. 'Who could do such a thing like that? It's inhumane!'

'Which is one of the reasons why I don't trust humans,' Dralcian said mentally. His blue eyes became cold. 'I don't know who to trust. One of these days, they might turn around and hand me over to that organization.'

'Does this group have a name?' I inquired.

'They don't have a name,' Dralcian informed me. 'They live in the Abbey, but I have yet to locate it. I just wish I knew where it was. Then I will be able to free those children and the trapped bit beasts.'

'If I knew where it was, I will be more than gladly help you,' I stated firmly, not wavering in my decision. 'They cannot get away with those atrocities and not be punished for them.'

'Those are my exact feelings,' Dralcian thought back with a very serious tone. 'Be careful who you talk to about this. Don't let anyone know you're a bit beast, because one way or another, they're bound to find out and make you one of their experiments.'

'That's awful,' I shuddered inwardly. 'There's no way I want to end up as someone's guinea pig.'

'Neither would I. It's strange, but I feel comfortable in your presence, but most likely it is due to the fact that we are both unsealed bit beasts.'

'I guess you're right about it,' I thought. 'At first I didn't trust humans. When I lived with some of them for awhile, I began to think otherwise. Not all humans are after power. There are some who want to live peacefully and help each other.'

'Now those people are hard to find. When you do, protect them, because they're the only ones you can depend on and trust completely.'

I nodded my head and glanced over his shoulder to find a waitress coming with our orders. Dralcian ordered regular pancakes. I had strawberry pancakes. We ate our breakfast in silence. Each of us was in our own thoughts. I was thinking about this organization that the silver falcon had been talking about. Were they that dangerous? How would I know if and when I find a member? Where were they located? What was their purpose? Why were they experimenting with bit beasts and training children to be perfect beyblades? This all doesn't make sense.

Once we were finished, we went our separate ways. I went to the pick up the rest of my team via the BBA tour bus. I wondered how they will react to finding out they had a bit beast on their team the entire time, without knowing. I sighed and leaned back in the chair. Maybe it was best if I don't tell them yet. I don't know them well enough to trust them completely. That Kai was a mystery to me, a mystery which needs to be solved. One of these days, I will find a way to break down those walls, he had built around himself. He acted aloof, but I knew it was all an act. Inside he felt lonely.

'Thinking about a cold hearted team captain, whom I shall not name,' Driger thought to me. He gave me a mental nudge.

'Don't even go there,' I scolded the bit beast. 'I'm having a bad day already. You're only making it worse.'

'Sorry,' Driger hastily apologized. 'What's wrong? If you don't mind me asking.'

I went over the entire conversation Dralcian and I had before breakfast. 'So you see, we have to be careful. If not, we maybe joining those bit beasts in their experiments. I seriously don't want to be a laboratory cat.'

'I thought it was rat not cat,' Driger stated.

'I'm a feline,' I reminded him. 'So it would be cat.'

'True,' Driger said after thinking for a moment. 'Where are we going?'

'We're going to meet the others,' I answered question. 'Their plane arrives this afternoon, so I thought I would surprise them with the good news.'

'Okay,' Driger said. 'I think that's them. What's with the old man? Where did he purchase that outfit? A second hand store?'

'Don't be judgmental about other's clothes,' I reprimanded my bit beast, though I completely agreed with him. I didn't want him to be judging people by their outward appearance.

'Sorry,' Driger apologized. 'Why is he wielding a kendo stick?'

'You'll have to ask him that,' I sighed. Now that he mentioned it, I became curious as to why he was carrying it.

"There's the rest of my team," I informed the bus driver. He pulled over and opened the door. We exchanged a few words, before they entered. Tyson had to literally drag his grandfather onto the bus, because the old man was trying to impress the ladies. From the looks of it, he wasn't doing that bad, but it must have been embarrassing for Tyson to see his grandfather doing that. I must say he has an unusual one.

"Wow, I can't wait to tour the BBA research facility," Kenny said dreamily. "I've wanted to go there for the longest time. You know they have cutting edge technology and some of the best scientists on their staff."

"Chief, calm down," Tyson said, trying to calm the genius down. "It's just the BBA research facility. Nothing special about that."

"You're wrong," Kenny snapped at Tyson. "It is one of the most advanced research facilities. I can't wait to see what they do." He turned towards me. "I can't believe you were able to get a tour of the place. Normally, they don't let anyone enter, except personnel."

"I don't know how either," I answered sheepishly.

"I think it's cool," Max chirped. "What do you think Kai?"

"Whatever," Kai replied in his usual voice.

"Is there anything you say besides 'hn' or 'whatever?'" Tyson asked mockingly.

"We are going to be training once we arrive back at the hotel," Kai said in a stern and cold voice. He left no room for arguments.

"But Kai, that's all we have been doing," Tyson moaned out loud. "Can't you give us a break every once in awhile?"

"You've been seriously slacking off," Kai scowled. "Max, you need to work on your offense. You will never win if you keep defending yourself. Tyson, you need to work on your strategy. Don't depend on Dragoon's strength, because some day a stronger bit beast will over power your dragon. Then you will have to come up with another way of defeating him, without using brute force." Kai's red eyes turned towards me. "As for you, you need to increase your speed and power."

Tyson huffed in response and crossed his arms, before turning his back to Kai. Max nodded his head and agreed to work on his offense, but he also asked if they could take a few minutes every once in awhile to catch a breather. Kai said only a few minutes and then back to training. Kenny said he will be working on upgrading our beyblades so we can receive maximum performance.

The BBA research facility came into view. When we reached the place, a man stood out there waiting for our bus to arrive. We exited single file with Kenny in the lead. The others couldn't outrace him, when he was this hyper. I never thought I would see the day that the Chief became excited and what seemed to be like a sugar high. He was like a child going to the toy store, eager and hyper.

During the entire tour, Kenny had been keeping a record of everything we had came across. I wondered how much information he can fit onto that laptop of his, but then again, he could always upgrade it. I glanced over to the side and noticed a blonde woman with a red head. She reminded me of Max. I didn't get a good look at her, as my tour group was heading off in the opposite direction. I must ask Max about his mother. He never mentioned her when we talked about our families.

In the middle of our tour, that same woman approached us. Suddenly Max yelled "Mom" and rushed towards her for a hug. She was quite surprised that he was here. When he mentioned he was on the Bladebreakers, she narrowed her eyes and her voice didn't sound too pleased. I wondered what was going through her mind, but I could only read feelings. I concentrated on her and felt a mixture of emotions: happiness, sorrow, regret, anger, frustration, jealousy, and pride.

We were going through the rest of the area, when Tyson mentioned that it takes more than a beyblade to win the match. The person holding the blade must also be trained. An inexperienced blader can hold the best blade, known to the world, but he can lose to someone who has the worst blade and the most experience. What she did surprised the rest of us. She agreed with Tyson and showed us an area where they train all their bladers. They were practicing with several dishes.

Judy, or Max's mom, practically challenged us to face her team. No doubt Tyson and Max accepted it. Tyson wanted to prove his point. Max wanted his mother to be proud of him and his accomplishments. As for me, well, they needed a third person and Kai wasn't about to.

The first person was a musician. Tyson faced him. It took longer for Tyson to defeat him, because he had to think for this one. Thinking wasn't one of Tyson's strengths. I faced the next person. He was an artist. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I kept myself from doing so. Instead I concentrated on defeating him. Ha, he thought he could fool me with that cheap color trick. I don't think so. You should have seen his face when I started to wash away his 'paint.' Finally Max took on Emily. She knocked his blade out before he could set up a decent defense. I narrowed my eyes at her. Everything in me told me to pounce on her, even though she was a girl. Then we found out that the first two were amateurs. They had been using us as lab rats. They wanted to see what we were capable of before facing us in the American Tournament. How low can they go? If I could I would transform into my bit beast form and show them a thing or two.

"I can't believe she did that to us," Tyson growled as we entered our shared hotel room. He was just as mad as I was and maybe more.

Max remained quiet but from looking into his eyes I can tell he was extremely disappointed. He must have wanted a good reunion. Instead, he was treated as much as a stranger would be by his own mother.

"I'm sorry about that Max," Kenny spoke up. "We all didn't know she would pull that one on us."

"I guess if there's anyone to blame, it's me," I sighed, flopping on the couch. "If I hadn't asked for the tour, we wouldn't have gone."

"You couldn't have known about it," Kenny spoke hastily. "I was as much eager to go. So I can say that we all are partially to blame."

"Is that so?" A certain blader with crimson eyes asked sarcastically from where he stood, leaning against the wall.

"Oh, that's right," Tyson spoke, dripping with sarcasm. "The great Kai never makes any mistakes. He's too perfect."

"Shut up Tyson," Kai growled at him.

"Now isn't the time to be fighting," Max interjected.

"He's right," I backed him up on this one. "We have more important things to talk about. For instance, the All Starz have data on all of us, except for Kai. We'll have find more about them, if we want to even out the playing field."

"Maybe Kai can go in for one of you?" Kenny suggested. "Like you said, they haven't recorded any data from him."

"That won't be necessary," Kai said. "I'll be the reserve."

"Why am I not surprised?" Tyson said.

"Because he always acts that way?" The blonde answered.

"What do you propose, Chief?" I asked him, getting back to our main problem.

"I propose we gather as much data as we can on the All Starz team," Kenny replied. He opened his laptop and started typing. "There's only so much data I can collect from here. The rest will have to come from the BBA Research facility."

"You mean we have to break in?" I asked, wanting to clarify that point, because he could be implying something totally different.

"Yes, that's the only way we'll be able to see the data on the All Starz team," Kenny pointed out. "I don't think they would place their valuable data on a computer that was connected to the internet. They will most likely have a separate network. Besides, we might run into Judy and we can ask her the reasons behind her actions."

"I'm in," Max said quickly. "There are a few questions that I would like to ask my mom."

"If you're going then, I'm going too," Tyson said seriously. I never thought I would see the day, when Tyson became very serious about something other than beyblading. "There's no way you're going to leave me behind." The three of them left the room to go prepare for our raid tonight.

"What about you Kai?" I inquired as I padded over to him. I leaned against the wall next to him and glanced over at him. He didn't even acknowledge me.

Cracking one eye open, Kai surveyed the room. His gaze stopped on me and then he shut his eye. "Go if you like. I'm not coming with you."

"Why wouldn't you?" I asked him.

"Because it is none of my business," Kai responded coldly.

"I thought you wanted to win the American Tournament," I sighed at his stubbornness and aloofness.

"I have more important matters to attend," Kai said in his usual way. "Besides I'm not here to baby sit the lot of you. You can look after them if you're so eager to know."

"Fine then Kai," I huffed with indignation. "If you don't want to be part of this team, why did you say so in the first place? I'm sure there are other people who are more capable of being our team captain."

Suddenly I felt a hard impact one me, followed by cold crimson eyes staring me down. I could have easily moved him off with my bit beast strength, but something told me that would make him even more suspicious with me. My eyes met his and I glared into those red eyes of his.

"What makes you think I haven't been doing my job?" Kai asked in a very demanding and harsh voice.

"You haven't been looking out for us," I replied with equal coldness. "You're only concerned about winning. That's why you make us train every day. You don't care if we're emotionally hurt or physically wounded as long as we can win."

"Shut up!" Kai screamed near my face. I flinched, as he was very close to my sensitive hearing. "You don't know what you're talking about. I have been looking after this team in my own way and I don't need you to tell me how to do my job."

"Maybe if you cared about us, then I will back off, but until then you're doing a lousy job," I retorted. Bad move.

"How can you tell that I have been doing a 'lousy job?'" Kai demanded to know.

"Well, first of all you haven't considered our feelings and our emotions," I responded. "You're always making us train, even though we can't stand on our feet. You force us to train, even if we're hungry. You won't allow us to take occasional breaks to catch our breath. Shall I go on?"

"No need to," Kai growled at me. "I can clearly see you don't want me to be your team captain. I suppose you would make a better one?"

"I know I will," I replied dryly. "The rest of the team will at least respect me instead of bad mouthing me behind my back."

"I don't care what they think," Kai said. "They need to grow up. Not everything is a game. There are serious stakes here and we can't take everything lightly."

"What do you mean by that?" I inquired with curiosity. "Does it have to do something with an organization that is searching for powerful bit beasts?"

"Where did you hear that?" Kai very much demanded to know. He pushed me further against the wall.

"I heard it from one of my friends," I replied, not wanting to tell him that I heard it from a powerful bit beast like myself. "It's none of your concern, because you don't care about us. You most likely don't even like any one of us, especially Tyson."

Kai soon closed the distance between us. I could feel his warm breath on my neck and started to become nervous. Before I can think anything, I felt his lips brush against mine, followed by a bruising kiss. I gasped out loud, giving him an opportunity to stick his tongue in my mouth. A split second later I felt that aforementioned object in my mouth, exploring it to the fullest. His tongue played with my tongue and I moaned in his mouth. It took some time before my brain kicked. I was about to returned the kiss when he broke it off and pulled me closer to him. "So what do you think?"

To tell you the truth, I was very confused at the moment. I didn't know what to think than other that Kai was a complete mystery. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out of it. My head rested against his shoulders. His arms were securely wrapped around my waist. In his arms, I felt safe and content. I could stay like this forever, but we had other plans. Surely Kai wouldn't want the others to see us in this position, knowing how he doesn't show anyone his feelings.