Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Scars Reopened ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rei stared up at Lee, absolute fear in his eyes.

"Why are you doing this Lee? Why won't you leave me alone?" Lee glared down at the black haired youth.

"Let's just say I'm extracting some well deserved revenge." He said, anger flashing in his eyes. Rei regarded his former friend in shock.

"Lee, I'm sorry, but-"

"You lie!! If you really had been sorry, you wouldn't have abandoned the team, and me, like you had! What was wrong Rei? Was I too rough for you? Were you unable to handle it?! Is that why you left me like that!?!" He yelled, losing it and striking Rei across the face.

Rei winced, then looked up at Lee, shaking his head.

"No, Lee, that's not why I left you. I left you because I no longer loved you. How could I have loved someone who beat and raped me like you did?" Rage took over Lee again and he pulled his hand back, slapping Rei again.

"Since when is what we did called rape?!" Rei glared up at him.

"If I recall properly, forcing yourself upon somebody who repeatedly begs you to stop is considered rape!!" Lee's eye twitched and he struck Rei once more, much harder this time.

Rei closed his eyes, then looked up at Lee once again, blood rolling from the corner of his mouth. "You see? I cannot care for someone who-" Lee had heard enough and punched Rei, right on his barely healed ribs, smirking in satisfaction as he heard several sharp cracks and Rei cried out in pain. Wanting to hear more of Rei in distress, he punched him again.

He stopped when his arms tired, and looked down at the trembling boy beneath him. Lee regarded Rei, and realized with anger that no matter how much he tried to hurt this boy, he still held an aura of pride with him. Getting an idea, Lee reached into his pocket and pulled out his pocket knife.

"Hmm... you think Kai cares for you?" He hissed to the terrified teen. "Well, let's see how much he loves you when I make a little adjustment."

Lee opened the knife and studied the side of Rei's face for a moment before pressing the cold blade against the skin just below Rei's right temple. With a cruel smirk, he slowly dragged it down his cheek all the way to his chin, excitement running through him as he saw the blood trail down Rei's face and heard him whimper quietly. When he reached his chin, he placed the blade in the middle of the cut, and ran it across the fresh wound, turning the cut into a cross.

He was about to continue when he heard harsh pounding on Rei's door and turned to glare down at Rei. "We'll finish this later, Rei. I promise." He hissed, crushing his mouth against Rei's, forcing one last pained cry out of the boy, and then left, running out onto the balcony and jumping down.

The pounding had intensified at Rei's cry, and then someone slammed up against the door hard repeatedly, trying to break it down. A few seconds later, the door was blown apart by a spinning blade, and Kai rushed in, running over to Rei.

"Rei! Are you alright?" Rei closed his eyes, gritting his teeth at the pain as he tried to sit up. "Easy, Rei. Don't move." Rei managed to open his eyes, and looked up at Kai.

Kai ran his thumb over Rei's mouth, wiping away the blood.

"Kai...." Kai wrapped his arms around Rei, holding him gently as the boy broke down in tears.

"Calm down, Rei. You'll be fine now. He's gone." Kai whispered, rocking the Chinese boy slightly, causing the harsh sobs to dissolve into quiet groans of pain. <His ribs.> Kai realized in horror, and pulled away, laying Rei down on the ground and leaning over him, pressing very slightly against his ribs. Counting how many times the boy winced in pain, he was able to find out just how many were broken. <He has 3 ribs broken, and one of them are broken in two places.>

Almost shaking in rage, Kai got up and walked into the bathroom, grabbing some of the bandages Rei had gotten out. Kneeling beside the distraught boy, he helped him sit up again and began to wrap Rei's ribs tightly to hold them in place.

When he finished with his ribs, Kai grabbed some smaller bandages and placed them against the cut on Rei's cheek, realizing in anger that the cuts would leave a scar. *Figures he'd try to brand him. Lee probably thinks he's marred Rei. Shows just how narrow-minded the jerk really is.*

Noticing how ashamed Rei seemed to be, Kai ran a hand through his midnight hair. "I must say, that scar will certainly give you more character, Rei." Seeing Rei bow his head at the mention of his newest attribute, Kai pulled the boy into his arms, gently holding him. "Rei, I don't care if your cheek is scarred. Just because your appearance has changed, doesn't mean my feelings for you have as well." Kai felt Rei relax in his arms and sigh gently.

He gently picked Rei up and carried him over to the bed. "You get some rest, and I'll take you to the hospital tomorrow." Rei instantly sat up and grabbed hold of Kai's wrists. "Rei!! Be careful!!"

"No, Kai. I'm not going to the hospital. I'm staying with you."

"Fine, then we'll both go to the hospital tomorrow."

"No! You can't miss the match tomorrow!!" Rei released his hold on Kai's wrists and wrapped his arms around the bluenette's waist. "My ribs can wait until after the match tomorrow. I don't need a doctor right now; what I need now, is you." Kai closed his eyes, shaking his head in defeat and holding Rei close to him.



The next day, the Bladebreakers all walked into the stadium amid hundreds of people cheering, Rei's arm over Kai's shoulder as he helped the raven-haired boy walk. The others had given Kai questioning looks earlier that day towards Rei's new scar, but Kai had shut them up with one warning glare.

Kai looked around, tightening his hold on Rei at the sight of the White Tigers standing by the dish, Lee among them. "Kai?"

Kai looked over at Rei as he spoke. Seeing the pleading look he had on his face, Kai rubbed his arm reassuringly, and helped him over to the bench. He kneeled in front of Rei, ignoring Jazzman as he introduced the teams.

"You feeling okay? Your ribs don't hurt too much, do they?" Rei smiled.

"Yes, I'm fine, no, my ribs don't hurt. Relax Kai, and focus on the match." Kai sighed and stood, walking over to where Max and Kenny were standing.

"Don't say what you were about to." He hissed to Kenny, who had opened his mouth to speak.

"Well, someone's a little touchy about his new found relationship." Dizzi taunted, causing a blush to rise over Kai's face. "I guess Mr. Sourpuss has a soft spot after all."

"Where's Tyson?" Kai demanded suddenly. Max and Kenny shrugged.

"He's probably just sleeping in. Anyway, Max, you're going first. Kai can go afterwards, and that should give Tyson enough time to wake up." Max nodded and walked out to the dish, where Gary was waiting. Kai glared at Kenny.

"I'm going last. I want to go up against Lee." Kenny sighed.

"Fine, then. You'll go last." He relented.


Kai looked over at the White Tiger's, and felt rage build up in him as Lee caught his eye and smirked.

Rei saw this exchange, and his hand drifted up to run over his scar as Lee glared at him. Feeling a hand on his shoulder, Rei looked behind him to see Kai standing there, still glaring at Lee, but squeezing his shoulder comfortingly.


Lee fumed as the "happy couple" all but mocked him as Gary headed for the dish. His hand slipped into his pocket and curled around the 'gift' he had for Kai and Rei, then yelped as he felt a sharp pain in the back of his leg. He turned and glared at Kevin, who was trying very hard to look like he hadn't just kicked their leader.

"Lee..." Mariah warned, narrowing her eyes.

Rolling his own eyes, Lee turned away from the two of them, watching as Gary and Max got ready.

"And the Beyblading World Championship Finals starts in 3, 2, 1! LET IT RIP!!!" Jazzman cried out, causing Gary and Max to pull hard on their rip cords, sending their blades into the dish.


Rei watched, tensed slightly, as Max and Gary battled on, then looked around.

"Kai, Tyson isn't here yet." Kai cursed in frustration, looking around as well.

"I'll go see what's taking him so long." Kenny called, leaving. Rei watched him leave, then glanced over to the match again in time to see Gary's blade come flying out of no where and ram into Max's. However, Draciel didn't budge. He stayed in the same spot, pushing back against Gary's blade just as hard.

After a moment, Draciel tilted slightly down, then straightened up again, managing to flip Galzzy right out of the ring. A huge commotion ran through the crowd, and Max all but bounced into the Bench, cheering over and over. He paused when he saw Rei and Kai were the only ones there.

"Where'd Chief go?"

"He went to go find Tyson." Kai answered. "Damn." Rei looked up at this.

"What's wrong?"

"Lee's going last, so I was going to have Tyson go next, that way I could have the pleasure of beating Lee myself, but now I'm going to have to go next." Rei shook his head, smiling slightly.

"Get moving, Kai." He said, pushing the boy forward slightly.

Kai strode out to the dish, glaring at Mariah as she met him there.

"Just who do you guys think you are?" Kai snapped as he pulled Dranzer out of his pocket. "You think what your 'leader' is doing will bring Rei back to you?!" Mariah gritted her teeth as she set her own blade, glaring back at Lee.

"But Kai, you don't understand. We're not in on what Lee's been doing. He's been doing this on his own free will, and none of us are alright with it. Rei is our friend, and we would never wish something this awful on him." She defended, turning back to the match.

Kai was surprised at this new announcment, but kept his cold glare in place.

"So why don't you do anything to stop it? Why do you sit back and allow him to do this?!" He yelled, just as Jazzman announced the start of the match, and let his blade fly into the dish, heading straight for Mariah's. He growled in anger as she somehow evaded him, and ordered Dranzer to turn around and attack her.


Rei watched, confused at Kai's strategy, or more appropriately, lack of. <This isn't like him at all. He's just attacking her over and over, and not even considering any other maneuvers except ramming her head on.>

"He's too angry." Rei whispered, realizing what was going on.


Kai tightened his hand over his rip cord, growing frustrated as Mariah kept dodging him. Hearing her scoff, he looked up in shock to see her standing there, her arms crossed and glaring at him.

"You're mind's not even on the match is it?" She accused, narrowing her eyes. Kai was startled, and both of the blades backed away from each other. "You're too busy stressing out over Rei to focus properly on your blade. Shame on you."

"What?!"

"Rei can take care of himself." She sighed. "Of course he's going to need help getting through this, but you don't need to shield him from the world. Rei's already been through a lot, and he's still alive isn't he?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Back in our village, Rei and Lee were once a couple. But then, they started fighting, and Lee started abusing Rei. That's why Rei really left. Rei has been beated, raped, and shunned, and he's still here with us. YOU need to have more faith in him! He's not made of glass, Kai!! Stop fretting over him like a distraught mother!!" This said, her blade rushed forward, slamming directly into Kai's, and sent Dranzer carrening out of the dish.

Kai didn't even flinch, staring at Mariah in shock. <I'm shielding him from the world?> He thought back quickly over the past weeks, and all but winced. She was right; he had been shielding him. Kai had been treating Rei like a two year old, barely let Rei sit up without him at his side, and would practically attack anyone who even slightly posed a threat. Rei had put up with it all, never complaining once, and Kai shook his head.

Grabbing Dranzer, he looked up at Mariah with graditude in his eyes, and she broke out into a wide grin, skipping back to her group. Kai turned and headed back to his team, but not before he caught Lee's eye, and the two of them glared at each other for a few seconds.

Heading back, he sighed as he saw Kenny standing there with the others, Tyson not around.

"Where's Tyson?" Kenny winced at the tone.

"He's in the infirmary. He's got food poisoning. They're pumping his stomach now." Kai stared at Kenny, not hearing anything else he said. It was Rei speaking up that had him coming out of his daze.

"What did you say?" Rei looked up at him.

"I said, I'll take his place."

"What?! No way!! You are not going out there, Rei!" Kai snapped. Rei stood up, shaking his head.

"We have no choice. Kai. Kenny's blade won't be able to stand up to Lee's, and there's no one else to go. We'll have to forfeit the match."

"But Rei-"

"Max, we've come too far now. I'm not going to let us lose by default." The raven-haired boy looked back at Kai. "Please, Kai. Let me do this." Kai ran a hand through his hair, sighing. Mariah's words rang through his mind.

"Alright." He muttered. Rei grinned, then headed out to the dish, where Lee was already waiting.

"Well, well, well." Lee taunted, smirking. "Rei. I'm glad to see your over protective boyfriend has actually let you come out and play." Rei glared at him.

"I'd rather have an overprotective boyfriend then an abusive one." Lee growled at this, and the two of them set their blades.

"Get ready, Rei, because I'm going to make sure you regret ever leaving the White Tigers!!"