Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ scattered dreams ❯ Together Again ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okay! Here is another chapter of Scattered Dreams!!

All you need to know is in chapter 1!...the only ones I own are Karsin, Luka, Aki, Yushi, and the three business people (Nashi Vaquize, Yauni Kashini, and Kani Yukashi).
--

In this chapter: Rei is awake! And Bryan is coming home!!! Yay!! But whats lurking in the shadows?

--

Note:

anything in 'BKTR' are Rei's memories.

--

Last Chapter:

"You take him... We'll go home and change. Let him shower. Get in the BMW and go get Bry." Kai told him. "Just don't drive to crazy...I don't need you both getting stuck in the hospital."
"I won ’t." Tala promised. Him and the nurse headed off to his pale ice blue 1966 Shelby Mustang, helping Rei into the passenger set, then put the bag into the trunk. "Let's go home and change before we go get Bryan."
"Umm...alright." Rei told him, nodding. "Am I allowed to shower first?"
"We should have time." Tala told him, pulling out. He ended up following Kai's shinny black 1956 Thunderbird all the way home.

--

Chapter 12 (I just realized how many chapter I have for this...and it is still more or less plot-less!): Together Again

Tala pulled into the garage between Kai's Thunderbird and the BMW car. He put his Shelby Mustang into park, sighing. His eyes automatically darted to the BMW motorcycle that Bryan usually drove.
When Bryan was arrested, the police had impounded his bike. It was in hopes of finding trace evidence on the tires or frame to link him to the murder. In the end there was nothing found and the bike had been released. It now sat in its parking place, looking innocent and reminding them who wasn't there. Soon its rider would be home.
“Tala?” Rei's small voice called. Tala blinked, his eyes focusing on Kai, who was now standing in front of Tala's car, his brief case in one hand and the food in the other. Tala smiled at him and Kai nodded. He turned and headed inside.
“Sorry about that Rei.” Tala told him, smiling as he turned the car off, then got out. He went around the car, opening Rei's door. “Ready?” He asked, getting a nod. Tala carefully picked Rei up, holding him close to his chest.
The doctor had warned them that when Rei woke up, he would be weak. Rei was going to need physical therapy to regain the muscle lost while in the coma. On top of that, he would need to be slowly weened back onto solid food.
Tala figured that it was worth it if they could have their Kitten back. Tala carried Rei into the house, calling out to Kai.
“I'm in the kitchen!” Kai called back. “Putting the food away for later! Figured that we would go out to eat after getting Bryan!”
“Alright!” Tala called back, heading for the stairs. “Going to take Rei upstairs to bathe!”
“Fine!” came Kai's response, though softer from the distance between them.
Rei stared up at Tala, slight shock on his face. “Neither of you look like the loud type.”
“Normally we aren't, but around each other we can get pretty loud. The four of us trust each other.”
“I see.” Rei whispered, laying his head against Tala's chest. Tala chuckled, sending vibrations through his chest. Rei smiled, purring in response. Tala smiled at that as his opened the door with some difficulty. He crossed Rei's bedroom, entering the attached bathroom. He sat Rei down on the closed toilet lid, then turned away from him, staring the bath. He tested the water, then turned the heat up a little more. He let it run for a couple of seconds, then tested it again. Nodding once, he put the plug in, then added some mango smelling bubble bath. Rei always had liked his baths slightly warmer then warm, but not hot.
Tala turned back to Rei, smiling at him. “I'll help you undress, then help you into the bath. While you're taking a bath, I'll go find you something to wear for tonight. Is that alright?”
“That’s fine.” Rei told him, blushing as red as Tala's hair. Tala smiled at that. When they had gotten Rei from the club, his behavior was somewhat childish in acting, but it took a lot to make him blush. Now he was blushing just from being in the same room as Tala while naked. This was just like the Rei that he knew from school.
Tala helped Rei stand, smiling encouragingly at him. Rei stood there with some help, legs shaky. Tala quickly removed his pants and boxers, then helped him to sit on the edge of the tub. Rei smiled, pulling his shirt off on his own. Tala balanced him as Rei lowered himself into the tub. Tala pulled his hands away, now wet from the bathwater. He kissed Rei on the top of the head, then turned the water off. He whipped his hands dry on the hand towel, then left the room.
“Call if you need anything.” Tala said. “I'll be in the other room when your done.”
Tala walked over to Rei's closest, opening it. He reach in, pulling out one of his nicer outfits. It was a pale blue and sliver. Tala laid it down on the bed, running his hand over the soft fabric.
It may sound strange, but Tala loved Rei in blue (1). He didn't know why, but something about that color on Rei just seemed right to him. He wasn't sure if it was because the first time they met Rei was dressed in a blue shit and jeans, or if it was some fantasy that he had. He wasn't even that big of a fan of blue. Sure he loved Kai's hair, who didn't? The color was unusual and it went well with his red eyes. But that didn't go along with his cloths. Tala himself owned one maybe two shirts that was blue...and it had be rural blue to match his eyes. He preferred to wear orange, white, and black. Kai had more then once told him that he was a wannabe mascot for Halloween.
Kai had no right to say anything though. He stuck with his dark colors: dark blues, dark purples, and black being the main ones. He hadn't changed since they were in school. The only white he ever wore was a white scarf that he wore when it was cold out, which was most of the time. He had had that scarf as long as Tala had known him, which was been going on eight years. Tala was surprised that it hadn't turned brown yet, but it was still as perfectly white as the first time Tala saw it.
Bryan was the one that had a wider selection in his closet...well next to Rei that was. Bryan wasn't picky about what colors he wore. If it fit, it looked good, and wasn't expensive, then he would wear it. The few expensive shirts and pants he owned were for “business dinners”, “court” or “dates”, or so he had told Tala once. “Cloths don't make me, me.” Was what he told Tala when he had asked why he wore the cloths he did.
“Tala.” Came a quiet voice. Tala blinked, glancing over at the alarm clock. It was almost 7:30.
“Shit.” Tala muttered. They had to be out of the house by 7:40, there was no way he was going to get Rei's hair dry by then. “Coming Rei.”
“Alright.” Rei said, voice still muffled by the door. Tala opened it, heading over to the blushing boy. He smiled encouragingly at him.
“You ready to get out?” Tala asked, picking up one of the fluffy towels. “I still have to blow-dry your hair.”
Rei nodded. He unplugged the tub, then held his arms up for Tala to pick him up. Tala smiled, easily picking him up, wrapping him in the towel. He sat Rei down on the toilet, then grabbed the hair brush and hair dryer. He set about the task of drying Rei's hair.
“Tala?” Kai called from the doorway. “You done yet?”
“Sorry Kai, I lost track of time.” Tala sighed, brushing Rei's hair. It was still slightly damp, but they had to go. He quickly plaited Rei's hair, a skill that Rei himself had him when they were still in school.
/Rei sneezed. He hated being sick, and worse, no one was there to cheer him up. All three of his roommates were still in class, and he hadn't seen his boyfriend (2) in days. He shook his head, trying to clear it.
The school nurse had ordered him to bed, saying that he was not allowed anywhere else on campus but the bathrooms. He had insisted that he was fine, that the small fever was nothing to be concerned about. She had given him a hard look and told him not to start.
Now here he was, laying in bed, missing all of his classes, and to top it off he had nothing to do. He reach up, undoing his headband and then the wrap that kept his hair out of the way. If in doubt, plait you hair.
He ran his fingers through his knot-less hair. He separated his hair into parts, then set about braiding it.
“How do you do that?” Came a voice from the door way. Rei blinked, looking up at his red-head room mate.
“Don't you have class?” Rei asked, losing track of the braid. He sighed, running his fingers though his hair, then separated it again.
“Got bored.” Tala answered. Really all he wanted to do was check on Rei, worried when Kai said he was sick. “Can you teach me?”
Rei blinked. “Teach you to plait?”
“Yeah.”
“Why? You don't have long hair.” Rei said.
Tala couldn't flight the slight pink that flowed over his cheeks. “I kinda just want to touch your hair...Have since I first saw it.”
Rei giggled. “If thats all, then you can touch.”
Tala approached the bed, climbing up onto the bunk bed to sit next to the smaller boy. He reach out, running his hand through the soft black hair. Rei smiled at him. “It's really soft. Beautiful too.”
Rei laughed. “Thank you.” Rei ran his fingers through his hair once more, separating it into parts again.
“Teach me.” Tala requested again. Rei stared at him for a while, wondering what was going on. “Please.”
“Alright.” Rei said. And he did./
“Rei?” Tala called for the third time. Rei looked up at him, blinked his eyes. “Are you alright?”
“A memory.” Rei whispered, reaching up to rub at his slightly hurting head. Tala nodded, picking him up.
“We'll drop you prescription off before we get Bry, then pick it up on the way home, alright?” Kai asked, standing back to let Tala take care of Rei. Tala always took care of Rei when he was sick, and Rei took care of them. Rei turned his head, smiling at him.
“Here we go.” Tala said, siting Rei down on the edge of the bed. He picked up the cloths, handing the shirt to Rei. Once it was on, he helped Rei into his boxers and pants.
“Tala...I don't know were the BMW key are.” Kai told him, watching.
“Alright. I'll go get them, take Rei down to the car.” Tala glanced over at the clock. 7:48. They were so going to be late. “Hope Bry doesn't mind.”
“I'm sure he won't once he sees why.” Kai promised. Tala nodded, heading out of the room.
“Kai?”
“Yes Rei?” Kai asked, moving over to Rei. Rei smiled, letting Kai lift him.
“Who's room is this?” Rei asked, wrapping his arms around Kai's neck.
“Yours.”
“Not ours?”
“No, you don't sleep with us on a regular basses.” Kai explained. Rei nodded. He was confused. If they loved each other, then why did they have separate rooms. Did Kai, Tala, and this Bryan person not love him every day? Were they only lovers when it benefited them?
“We're lovers?” Rei whispered.
“No...We don't have sex Rei. We love eachother but we don't have that kind of relationship. At least not yet.” Kai explained to the best of his ability. How do you explain to one of your loves that you don't share a bed because of him being a forced prostitute and a “rape” victim. “But we love you Rei, and thats all that matters. Okay?”
“Okay.” Rei repeated.
Kai carefully opened the car door, sitting Rei down on the back seat. Rei turned himself, sitting properly in the car. “I'm driving.”
“How did you know I was here?” Tala muttered crossly. Kai turned, glaring at him. Tala smiled, seeing the love in that glare. “Fine.” He tossed the keys to Kai, then got in the passenger seat.
--
Kai parked the car and turned it off. “I'll go get Bryan.”
Tala nodded, unbuckling his seatbelt. It was now 8:27, they were almost thirty minutes late. Tala watch as Kai walked across the parking lot, heading over to the station. He sighed, slumping back in his seat, watching the minutes go by on his watch. He then turned, looking back at Rei, who was sitting quietly in the back seat. “You want to get out?”
Rei nodded, eyes darting around him. Tala smiled getting out of the car and opened the back door. He helped Rei out, then sat him on the trunk of the car. Rei's eyes darted around again, taking everything in-in a split second. Tala smiled, that was one of the things he loved about Rei.
Tala turned back to watch the door. Not long after, Kai and Bryan made their way over. Kai was talking, Bryan nodding every once in a while. Tala also couldn't help but notice that Bryan looked more relaxed in his jeans and gray t-shirt, which they had brought him, then the orange jump suit he had been wearing the last time Tala saw him.
“Who's that?” Rei asked, noticing him as well.
“That’s Bryan.” Tala explained. “Rei...Just remember that Bryan hasn't seen you in a long time...Don't get scared if he does something.”
“Why would I?” Rei asked, glancing over at the red head.
“I'm just saying.” Tala said, looking over as the two came within hearing distance.
“But he’s safe?” Bryan was asking Kai.
“He’s safe.” Kai answered, looking over at Tala and Rei.
--
Kai walked quickly to the station, wanting to get Bryan so that they could get out of there as soon as possible. He entered the station, finding Bryan standing at one of the desks in his orange jail outfit. Everyone around him was congratulating him on getting out.
“ Bryan.” Kai called. Bryan turned and gave him one of the biggest smiles that Kai had ever seen on the lavender haired mans face. “Brought you some cloths.” He handed the new outfit over and Bryan left to change.
“Hey Kai!”
“Karsin.” Kai greeted. The older man smiled, looking then he had in weeks. “Glad he’s out?”
“Missed my partner.” Karsin said, then grinned like a mad man. Kai felt arms wrap around him from behind and he relaxed against the strong chest.
“Missed you.” Bryan muttered, holding him close.
Kai turned his head, looking up at his lover. “I’ve missed you too.” Bryan leaned down, kissed him. The kiss was filled with so much passion and need that it caused Kai to give a breathless moan, knees locking to keep him up.
“Where’s Tal?” Bryan all but purred.
“Outside.” Kai told him, slightly out of breath.
“Let’s go.” Bryan released Kai, looking up at his partner. “Bye Karsin.”
“Bye guys.” Karsin told them, watching them leave the station.
“How’s Rei?” Bryan asked, once outside, holding the door for Kai.
“He’s awake.” Kai informed him, grinning.
“Is he alright?” Bryan asked, worried about his youngest lover. There were a lot of complications with people in comas. Many woke up brain dead, or with nerve damage. He feared that may have happened to their Kitten.
“He’s got amnesia.” Kai told him. “So take it easy with him. Also, he’s pretty weak. He lost a lot of mass while in the coma.”
“But he’s safe?” Bryan asked, nodding his head to show that he heard the warning.
“He’s safe.” Kai assured his lover. Kai looked at the car, to see Rei sitting on the trunk. He head Bryan sharply suck air in, eyes only seeing Tala.
“Bryan.” Tala all but whimpered. He moved from his spot next to Rei, and threw his arms around Bryan’s neck. Bryan caught him with practiced ease, holding him close as their lips met in a desperate kiss. Kai smiled when he heard the moans from Tala as they kissed again and again. Kai moved over to Rei, smiling at him.
Rei watched Tala and this Bryan person interact, eyes calculating but still curious. He placed both hands on the trunk and pushed himself off. The second his feet hit the ground, his legs buckled. He gave a startled cry and Kai gasped, grabbing him before he could fall.
Bryan and Tala pulled away when they heard Rei ’s scream, instintes telling them to protect Rei. Both of their eyes darted to Rei, seeing what was wrong.
“Rei!” Tala cried out, quickly moving over to him. “Are you okay? What happened?”
“I just wanted down.” Rei told him, standing with Kai’s help.
“You’re not strong enough to be moving around yet.” Tala explained, glancing back at Bryan. Bryan hadn’t moved. He was just standing there staring at Rei.
He couldn’t believe it. Rei looked even smaller then the last time he’d seen him. All the presious weight he had gained was gone, plus some. He still couldn't stand on his own and muscels from a decade of martial arts were nearly gone. Golden eyes were a pale yellow in color, black hair was dead and lifeless. Rei looked completely drained, like he was lost in his own body.
“Rei.” He whispered, moving over to his three lovers, eyes only on the youngest. He reach out, brushing hair from Rei’s eyes, then allowed his fingers to brush over a slightly pointed ear. Rei watched him with those lost pale yellow eyes. Bryan leaned forward, brushing his lips against Rei’s. The contact was brief, only lasting a few seconds, but it shot a jolt of pleasure through both of them (3). “I’m Bryan, Kitty.”
/Rei walked down the hall of the dorm house. He was finally out of his village. The world had always intrigued him and he was finally going to live a life he had always dreamed about.
510.
512.
514.
516.
520.
STOP.
He stared at that door, his new house. The dorms were set up so that two seventh graders and two eighth graders shared a single dorm room. He opened the door, and was greeted by a relatively small room. There was two sets of bunk beds, under the bottom bunk of each were storage drawers. There was a desks at the foot of each bed and a three drawer dresser sitting next to both desks. The closet door was open, only half full of school cloths and dress cloths.
He walked farther into the room, closing the door behind him. He made his way to the seemingly unused bunk bed. The other set showed to be claimed by the eighth graders, as posters and knickknacks were on/around the bed from last year.
He placed his suit case onto the floor, deciding to take the top bunk, he put his cloths into the dresser, leaving the under drawer for his bunk mate. He took his now empty suit case and stored it in the closet with the eighth graders.
With a sigh, he moved to the bed, climbing up to his claimed one. He pulled the Talisman that his best friend had given him for when he was away to bring him luck and protection. He took off the necklace and hung it on his bedpost.
Rei looked over as the door opened. A slightly older boy with lavender hair walked in. His silver eyes looked Rei over, then sighed. Rei shifted, dropping off the bed, not loosing his balance when his feed hit the floor. “Nice to meet you. I’m Rei.”
The lavender haired boy looked him over again, then climbed up onto the other top bunk. “I’m Bryan, Kitty.” He said, then laid down, back to Rei. Rei blinked and climbed back up onto his bed. This was going to be an interesting place./
Rei blinked his eyes, focusing on the real world. His head was throbbing painfully now, the medicine from the hospital finally wearing off. He was on his knees, though he couldn't remember how he got there. Bryan was also on his knees-them spred on either side of Rei's, arms wrapped around Rei- one around his waist and the other was holding his head against the officers shoulder.
“Bryan?” He muttered, hands coming up, fists finding a place to hold onto on his gray shirt.
“You alright?” He whispered back, the arm that was around the small boys waist moving to rub his back.
“Hurts.” he shifted his head to hid his face into Bryan's neck, away from the light of the street light they were near.
Bryan blinked, looking up at the other two. “Its okay.” He assured their kitten. “Kai? Tala?”
“Its just a headache.” Tala assured him, kneeling down next to them. “Come here Rei.” He requested, placing his hands on Rei's shoulders to pull him back.
“No.” he whined, holding tighter onto Bryan. “Don't go.”
“I'm not going anywhere.” Bryan assured him.
Even if Rei had amnesia, some part of him knew that the two of them had been apart for a very long time. It was this part of him that was making him latch onto the person that he only had two short memories of what could have been from 10 years ago for all he knew.
Bryan cuddled the small body to his chest, standing up. Tala sighed, standing as well. He opened the door, allowing Bryan to take the backseat with Rei. Rei allowed himself to be maneuvered to sit in the middle seat, buckled up. Once done, Bryan buckled up into the seat next to him. Rei grabbed his hand, holding it to his chest with his two.
“Rei, sweetheart, hows your head?” Tala asked, taking the front passenger seat.
“Hurts.” He whispered, pulling his legs up, trapping Bryan's hand farther, head falling forward.
“We'll stop to get your pain meds before dinner.” Kai told him, backing the car out of the parking space.
“What meds?” Bryan asked, his other hand coming up to pet the Kitten's bowed head. He kissed it next, hopping to take some of the pain the younger boy was feeling.
“When his memories come back they give him a headache. The meds are to help the pain.”
“Kay.” Bryan sighed, wishing that Rei didn't have to go through this. The boy had been through enough in the last few years, that he was the last person that needed to go through this.
Kai pulled through the drive through at the local pharmacy. He picked up the prescription, heading out onto the road. “Where do you want to eat Bryan?”
“The Mexican restaurant is fine.” Bryan told him.
“Alright.” Kai agreed, heading down the road towards the restaurant. He pulled into the parking lot, turning off the car.
“Come one Rei, we have to get out.” Bryan told him, trying to get him to uncurl. Rei whined, having no intention of moving from where he was. Bryan sighed, removing his arm with a little force. Rei cried out when it was taken away, uncurling with the intent to get it back.
Bryan got out of the car, standing back. Rei quickly fallowed him, latching onto him once more. Bryan smiled sadly at the boy, letting him hold onto him as he wrapped his arm around the weak body to keep it upright.
Tala lead the way into the restaurant, requesting a table for four. Once seated and drinks served, Kai gave Rei one of his pills. Rei looked up at him, giving him a small smile. “Thank you.”
“Your welcome Rei.” Kai assured him, sitting back in the booth.
Dinner was quite, all just enjoying being back together again. After the bill was paid, they piled back into the car, heading for home.
Bryan lifted Rei into his arms, the sleeping Neko-jin moaned at being moved. He smiled, rubbing the boys arm. He head upstairs, into Rei's room. He laid Rei down, pulling the covers up over him after he removed his shoes. Rei mumbled, rolling over, snuggling into his pillow.
Bryan turned around, leaving the door open a creak. He headed into his room, Tala and Kai already in there getting ready for bed. Bryan pulled his shirt off, then his pants. He fell onto the bed, a content sigh escaping his lips. Tala crawled onto the bed, snuggling against him. His head found a place on his shoulder-against Bryan's neck, arm thrown up to rest on Bryan's left shoulder. Bryan moaned again, wrapping his right arm around Tala's waist, throwing his left arm straight out as an invite for Kai to join them.
“Feels so good to be home.” Bryan muttered, words slightly slurred as he slipped into a half awake state.
“We'd give you a proper welcome, but it looks like you're to tired.” Kai committed, slipping into bed on the other side of Bryan. Like Tala, he laid against Bryan. Head resting on Bryan's outstretched arm, leg thrown over his, left arm resting across his chest to lay against Tala's side.
Bryan moaned, kissing first Tala, then Kai. “I'll have to take a rain check.” He muttered.
“Agreed.” Tala sighed, his body relaxing into the sleep he'd been deprived of for weeks.

Note:
1) My sister loves Rei in blue, so that's where I got that from. Also, he wheres a lot of blue in the show if I remember right.
2) Rei's boyfriend from school is different from Tala, Kai, and Bryan. At this moment I'm not sure who it will be, but I've got an idea. If you have a sujestion them do tell me.
3) This is the first real kiss shared by any of them and Rei that I've mentioned. As to if its the first real first kiss between them...not even I know that yet. What do you thinking?


Well...that's number 12! What do you all think of it? Good? Bad? Should I continue on this mainly plot-less story?

Well...your choice. All I know is that I have ideas for at least three more chapter (and I know that wont be the end...I believe.)

^-^ Review everyone!