Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Cleaning the Floor ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yay! The ever lovable disclaimer!

Kai: You've got to be kidding me.

Nope!

Kai: *sighs angrily* 'Sister of the Blade' is property of SunSet Productions and does not own Beyblade...

*huggle* I lurv you Kai!

Kai: -.-

---'Sister of the Blade'--- (version 1)

"Tyson! Get back here!" He didn't hear Hillary screaming after him. Tyson wanted to get home to practice with his grandfather. A new tournament was coming into town this weekend and he wanted Dragoon in top shape. Grandpa was sitting outside the dojo, headphones on and nodding away to his music. Tyson couldn't believe it.
"Hey! Gramps! What are ya doin'?"
"Huh?" Grandpa turned off his cd player, "I'm sittin' here enjoyin' mah music while Takeshi takes care inside."
"Takeshi?"
"Is there an echo? She's a new student-"
"She?"
"-looking for her big bro who was taken from her in their youth. It's quite a story. Why don't you go in and meet her? Just don't tread on the floor with your dirty shoes."
Grandpa returned to listening to his cd while Tyson went inside. The floor was spotless and shining. A large red blur spun around near a girl, polishing the wood around her. The girl was sitting with her back against the wall, facing Tyson, her long, double-shade, red hair falling over her face. She had her knees pulled up where she could bury her face in them. He didn't say anything to her and she remained silent until he stepped into the room.
"Don't step on the floor."
"Why?" He continued walking forward. His feet slipped from under him and he skidded towards her, his head stopping at her feet.
"That's why. Wouldn't want you to get hurt.", She lifted her head and moved her hair from her eyes. They were a mysterious blue, like the ocean at night, but seemed full of energy and kindness. She shifted her weight and placed Tyson's head in her lap. He blushed and tried to stop her, but he kept slipping on the floor, "My name's Takeshi. What's your's?"
"I'm... I'm Ty--....Tyson.", his words stumbled after each other for she was now stroking his hair, looking down at him lovingly, like a sister to a brother. There seemed to be a longing in her eyes, "Do you blade?"
"Yeah. It's all I really had any strength to do after they took my brother away. At least that's what they told me and what I remember. Of course I was only 5, not old enough to pull a rip cord under severe emotional stress, but when I got older I got better." Her voice seem to drift, almost as if she wasn't talking to anyone in particular, but softly rambling.
"My grandfather took him from me, after our parents died (Okay so I don't know what happened to them, but it was so cliche and it fit the storyline) and they sent me to an orphanage where all I did was cry myself to sleep at night and train during the day. The people who took care of me told me the same thing every night before I fell asleep in my tears. 'Tomorrow we'll go see your brother' then when they thought I was out like a light I'd hear them say, 'Her grandfather will never let her see her brother again. It's so cold, using that poor child as a motivation to make him stronger.'
"But I never gave into the fact that I might never see him again. When I heard about him training to be a champion Beyblader, I forced myself to work harder so I could get into the competition to see him. It didn't work because I refused to be on a team. So I started traveling, asking people about my brother, but it's been so long since I've heard anything... I can't even remember his name..." Takeshi clenched her teeth and began to cry, but her voice stayed firm "It's a silly dream. My grandfather could have done anything to him, poisoned him, brainwashed him, even killed him to keep him away from me."
Tyson started to open his mouth to speak. He couldn't think of anything to say. What do you say to someone who hasn't seen her brother since she was 5? Who was pouring her heart out openly to you? Nothing, you just kind of sit (or in Tyson's case, lay) there and wait for her to run out the door. But she didn't do that, instead she pulled Tyson's back to her chest and cried into his shoulder.
"I want my brother... will you help me find him?"
"Of course I will."