Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Max and Judy ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Can you remember anything about your brother?"
"Only that he was very sweet-"
"Oh, brother..."
"And he has the brother bit beast to mine."
"What's your's?"
"Taizer." Takeshi held up her Beyblade. The bit beast was a dark blue dragon (that looks nothing like Dragoon). They both sat on Tyson's bed and tried to compile a list of characteristics that Takeshi remembered about her brother. Unfortunately, she couldn't remember anything. Well, anything specific.
"Hair?"
"It was short."
"Eyes."
"They were pretty."
"How much older?"
"Not very."
"Can you remember-"
"No... I can't." She sighed, huddled against Tyson's pillow, and mumbled softly to herself.
"What are you saying?"
"It's a song my brother sang to me.
tatakai no aida no
shizuka na machi ga
tsuka no ma no nemuri ni ochite-iku
tooi hoshi no shita de
yume miru kimi ni
inori wo kome merodi- todoke you
Can't remember the rest though."
"Perfect! We can use the song!"
"?"
"If we play it on the radio, your brother'll surely come here!"
"But... it means a lot to me."
"Don't you want to find your brother?"
"I do, but..." Takeshi sighed and laid back down on her side.
"Great! Right after school we'll head out to the radio station and-"
"Zzzzzz...." Tyson looked back at his roommate to find her clinging to his pillow and snoring... real, mouth open, drooling, snoring. (I sleep like that too so haha XD)
-the next morning *whoosh*-
Takeshi rolled over to find Tyson next to her. She sat up in surprise. The boy had had his arm draped across her side in a protective/warmth style. He was shivering down his back. **Oh, Tyson...** She sighed deeply and covered him in a blanket before changing clothes and heading outside.
"HYAH!!" Grandpa dropped down on her with his wooden sword drawn.
"GAH!" Takeshi fell to the ground, holding her head, "Ow!"
"Hey, sorry, homegirl. Thought you were Tyson. I was just trying to wake him up for school."
"Easy mistake, Sensei."
"Call me 'Pops'."
"Pops."
A shout was heard from Tyson's room, followed by a thud and hurried rustling. Tyson ran outside and past Takeshi, grabbing her arm and dragging her along the way.
"What's wrong Tyson?"
"If I'm late one more time, who knows what kind of torture Hillary'll sic on me!"
"Who's Hillary?"
They burst through the door right as the bell rang. Mrs. Kincaid stood behind her desk and happily took roll, ignoring the ruckus next to her.
"Oh, hello there. Are you Takeshi?"
"Yes, ma'am."
"The orphanage called and told us about your arrival, it's very nice to meet you. I'm Mrs. Kincaid, your teacher."
"Mrs. Kincaid."
"Mrs. Kincaid!", Hillary cried out, slamming her fists into her desk, "Tyson was late, yet again! What kind of example is he showing to our new student?"
"I'm sorry I'm late I-"
"I over slept.", Takeshi said, overlapping Tyson, "I turned off Tyson's alarm clock which he so graciously set for me. I'll will take his detention."
"Oooh. Look at the liar trying to protect Tyson." whispered someone in the back.
"If it works, it's all worth it, isn't it?"
"Well, you're still getting detention for being late!"
"But-"
"No buts! You and Tyson can clean the room after school!"
Tyson and Takeshi both stayed behind to clean the classroom, much to their despair. Tyson tried to talk their way out of it, but with no results. Takeshi was a very strict clean-freak who even got Hillary to clean.
"But I'm student council president!"
Later that afternoon, while the three of them walked to Tyson's they came across Max and his mom.
"Hey, Max! What's up?" Tyson ran up and hugged his friend. Hillary followed behind him, but Takeshi held back, hiding in their shadow.
"Hey Tyson, Hillary.", Max paused to take notice of the girl standing a ways from them, "Say, is she with you Tyson? She's pretty cute."
"That's Takeshi, she's here looking for her brother."
"Really? Wow, that's dedication. Do you blade?", Takeshi nodded, "Cool, would you like to battle?"
"Sure!" She brightened up instantly.
The four of them stood poised for battle. Max and Takeshi reared back to rip. Tyson and Hillary played announcers as Max's mom, Judy, watched the battle closely for study on Takeshi's blade. Tyson started the count-down.
"3... 2... 1... Let it rip!" Max and Takeshi let their blades go. Draciel and Taizer made a round around the inside edge of the make-shift Bey-stadium before coming into the middle and clashing. The two blades grinded against each other while their bladers watched.
"Come on, Draciel!" Max's bit-beast gave a battle cry as it rose from the blade. Takeshi never made a movement as Draciel shoved Taizer towards the edge of the stadium.
"Wow! Already this battle is burning!", cried Hillary.
"No joke, I've never seen Taizer in action so this is guaranteed to be a battle full of beybladin' surprises!"
Taizer was touching the very edge of circle when Takeshi threw her head back.
"Now, Taizer! Dragon's Tempest!" The red blade spun increasingly faster and began to kick up dust. The dust became thicker and beared down on Max's blade until it was knocked from the stadium. Takeshi bent down and picked up her blade, wiping the dust from it casually.
"That was amazing! I didn't even see your bit-beast!"
"Thank you. It kinda a comes with the 'Beyblading because your whole life depends on it.' package."
"Say, Max. Why don't you and your mom come down to the radio station with us later?"
"Why?"
"Oh." Takeshi had remembered "I'm going to sing to find my brother."
"Really! Gee, I hope your singing is as pretty as you are!"

______

Iris: Heh, those lyrics are from 'Nocturne' Amiboshi's image song. It was playing and I found it awfully relevent to a bedtime lullaby. XD hehe, review me!