Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of a Tortured Soul ❯ Chapter 1: Lost in the Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yes I'm back again. This time with a new fic all about my favorite character…Kai!

Summary: Kai doesn't want to keep the secret of his dark past to himself anymore and wonders off into the night. He finds he's not alone when a certain amber-eyed boy discovers him and soon discovers his secret.

Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade! I never will so. ya. Yes this is a yaoi means boy/boy relationships! So if you have a problem then you are welcome to leave. For everyone one else…enjoy!

Tears of a Tortured Soul

By. Mikin Ishida

"Yeah! We kicked butt!" Tyson shouted pumping his fist in the air.

"I can't wait till we face the Demolition Boys…after what they did to Kai I think it's time they had a taste of they're own medicine." Said Max. The others nodded, that day the Bladebreakers won another victory but this time it wasn't in the Bey-arena. Instead they won the permanent leadership of they're captain Kai. After saving him from the depths of a frozen lake Kai came to realize that the bladebrekaers were his friends and that they would always stick by him.

"Speaking of whom…where is Kai?" asked Ray. The others froze and looked around now realizing that Kai was no longer in the room.

"You know he was a bit shaken after the incident at the lake. I bet he's in his room resting." Said Kenny. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Chief's right! Anyway I don't know about you guys but I'm exhausted after today so I'm going to bed!" Tyson stated getting up from his seat.

"I'm with you Tyson." Max said yawning and stretching his arms. "What about you Chief?"

"Not me. I have to do some work on everyone's blades before the tournament." He replied.

"Great another all nighter." Dizzi retorted sarcastically.

"Come on Dizzi" Kenny said shutting his laptop and heading to his room.

"I think I'll go to bed too. G'night guys." Said Ray heading to the room that he and Kai shared.

"G'night Ray!" The others said as he exited.

Ray sighed as he headed down the hall to his and Kai's room. Out of all the bladebreakers, Ray was the most relieved that Kai had come back to the team. Over time he found himself attracted to the blue-haired boy and soon found himself falling in love with him. But he would never admit that to anyone. For now he was just glad Kai was back for good. He finally walked into the hotel room but found that it was empty.

"Kai?" he said. The room was empty and Kai was nowhere to be found. He looked around and saw Kai's shoes were missing.

`He couldn't of gone out…could he?' Ray thought to himself. He walked over to the window and saw that it was raining. He sighed and grabbed his jacket and headed out the door again.

`I'm not positive…but I have a feeling he's out there. And I'm gonna find him.' He thought as he ran out of the hotel and into the cold rain of the night.

Meanwhile in the center of the city a figure of a boy sat on a bench allowing the rain to soak his thin but muscular body. His blue hair hung in his face and he held his beyblade in his hand. It was as if he wasn't aware of his surroundings or the rain pouring down on him. In his mind was total darkness…and he was alone.

"Kai! Kai where are you!" Ray shouted searching the city for his crush.

`Where could he be? I've searched everywhere except…' his thoughts wandered off as he stared ahead and saw a park not to far away. His eyes widened.

`If Kai were anywhere…' he ended his thoughts and ran to the park praying Kai would be there.

"Kai! Kai!" he shouted. He looked around franticly still not seeing anything until…he saw a familiar figure sitting on a bench not to far from him.

`Could it be…Kai!' he ran with all his might towards the figure. He was right…there was Kai sitting lifeless on the bench. Ray walked up to him but Kai didn't seem to know he was there. Ray looked sadly at the one he loved…he was soaked to the bone and his hair was drooping in his face. His eyes were shut and he was holding Drazner in his hand.

"Kai…" he said stepping forward laying his hand on Kai's shoulder. The blue haired boy opened his eyes and looked up at the owner of the hand. Ray felt a pang in his chest as he stared into Kai's eyes. Once they were full of fire and determination but now…they were lifeless and empty.

"R..Ray?" his voice was weak and helpless. It was not the voice that Rau was used to.

"Yes…it's me. Kai…what are you doing out here? You're going to get sick…"

"I…" he broke into a fit of coughs.

"Kai you're getting sick. C'mon let's get you back to the hotel." Said Ray pulling off his jacket an draping it around Kai's shoulders. Kai reached up and grasped Rays arm. The raven-haired boy looked down only to see Kai's desperate gaze.

"Kai…?"

"Ra…Ray….d…don't…leave me…" after saying those words Kai collapsed against Ray's chest.

"Kai!" he exclaimed in surprise but the blue haired boy didn't respond. Ray sighed and lifted Kai bridal style and started walking back to the hotel. Ray couldn't help but blush at the closeness of him and Kai. When Ray reached their hotel room he gently laid Kai down on the bed. He sighed.

`He looks so…peaceful when he sleeps…complete opposite of his normal act.' He ran his hand across Kai's cheek.

`He looks so vulnerable…so touchable…so beautiful. I just wish I could fully break the wall he hides behind. I wish I could have his heart…' a tear slipped past the amber boys eyes. Kai began to moan in his sleep, his eyes were squeezed shut as if he was in pain. Sweat was beginning to form on his brow, it made Ray reach over and feel the older boy's forehead.

`He's burning up….' Kai began to move around like he was trying to get away from something. His body began to shake as the fever took control.

`He's having a nightmare…I have to wake him up.'

"Kai…Kai…. wake up Kai please…." Ray grabbed the pale boys shoulder and started shaking him but the boy kept shaking and thrashing around.

"Kai wake up c'mon!" crimson eyes shot open, fear bore them. Ray sat back down on the bed and sighed relieved. The crimson-eyed boy sat up still shaking all over.

"Kai are you ok?" Ray said after a few moments of silence. The only sound there was Kai's heavy breathing. The boy nodded though.

"Yeah…just fine." His voice was shaky anyone could tell he was scared.

"Why do I have a hard time believing that?" Those moments of Kai's vulnerability were gone and his cold mask was back up again.

"I. Fine." He stated getting up from the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"To get changed. My clothes are wet." Kai said while grabbing some clothes out of his bag and walking into the bathroom. Ray sighed and started to get ready to change his own clothes.

A.N: Ok first chapter done! Please let me know if you like this or not so I'll know weather to continue this or not!