Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of a Tortured Soul ❯ Chapter 2: Kai's POV ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok I'm back with chapter 2! This chapter was inspired by Angelgirl10 so thank you for your idea it really helped with this chapter! And of course I must thank my reviewers! You guys are awesome! This is a yaoi which means maleXmale relationships so if anyone has a problem with that then you can leave.

Disclaimer: I don't own beyblade. Poor me…

And now on with the fic!

Tears of a Tortured Soul

Chapter 2: Kai's POV

~Kai's POV~

How could I let my self appear so weak? I've never been so vulnerable before. As if that wasn't enough it was in front of Ray too… I've always been able to hide my emotions so why am I unable too now? Is it because I'm actually starting to remember? Everything about my past is starting to come back to me.

~Flashback~

"Grandfather when are mom and dad coming back?" said the voice of a 6-year-old Kai.

"You need not concern yourself of them Kai. Right now you need to work on your training." The man's voice was cold, it sent shivers up the young boys spine.

"But Grandfather…"

Slap!

Kai put his hand to his now bruised cheek. Tears came to his eyes but he only received another slap.

"Foolish boy! You must never show your emotions! It is a sign of weakness and you are not weak!"

~End Flashback~

That was when it all started. That was when he started treating me like a tool and not a grandson. I didn't know what friendship or love was because I'd never experienced it. I became the cold-hearted jerk that my team refers to me as. I knew nothing but the will to win and nothing else. That was my mission in life. To win. Not to experience the joy in life. The Bladebreakers changed all that. They did what no one else would…and that was accept me. I acted like a complete jerk to them, I said horrible things to them and yet they still wanted to be my friend. That day on the lake…I could of drowned right there and they could of walked away…but they didn't. They reached out to me. Told me I was their friend. And it's because of them that I'm still here today. I finally know what it means to have friends but it still isn't enough. I still crave the one thing I was never given. Love. I never thought I could ever love someone. Yet I proved myself wrong when I met Ray.

He was the only one who ever seemed to understand me. I guess he was the only one who tried but I still found myself attracted to him. But me? Gay? Was is possible that I Kai Hiwatari was gay? Yeah…it was and I'd fallen for my Chinese teammate.

~Flashback~

"Go Dranzer!" The blue blade spun around the forest area that Kai was training in. Determination spread all across his face as Dranzer seemed to fly from tree to tree. Suddenly a gray blade came flying from a distance knocking Dranzer back into Kai's hand. Annoyed Kai turned around.

"Who's there?" he demanded.

"Sheesh always a grump aren't you." Came the reply. Kai sighed recognizing the voice.

"What do you want Ray?" his voice held no emotion.

"Thought I'd come see how you were doing." Ray smirked as he walked up to the blue-haired blader. Kai sighed in annoyance.

"Well as you can see I'm fine. So if you don't mind…" Ray just nodded in disapproval.

"You think I came all the way out here just to leave? C'mon I'll take you on." Ray said presenting his launcher. Kai smirked.

"Fine but when I beat you don't come crying to me." He said also preparing his blade.

"Don't worry I won't be the one crying."

"3…2…1…Let it RIP!"

~End Flashback~

Ray was the only one who ever bothered with me. He always made me feel like I mattered. I always felt alive around him. But I was too stubborn to admit it to myself. Until that day…

~Flashback~

"Kai c'mon grab my hand!"

"I don't know…I don't know if I can change."

"Kai please!"

Kai looked up into the amber eyes of Ray. They were filled with worry and concern that Kai might drown right in front of their eyes.

"We want you back Kai! Please come back to us!" Ray pleaded.

"You really…want me back." Kai tried to swallow the lump in his throat but found he couldn't.

"Yes Kai! We want to be your friends! Please don't leave us like this!"

"Ray…Guys…I'm so sorry." Kai had tears in his eyes but he wiped them away and grabbed Ray's hand.

~End Flashback~

It was then that I realized that I loved Ray. He wasn't like the others he was different. He reached out to me and pulled me from the ice…he wanted me back he didn't care about how much of a jerk I was. Then again neither did the others but in my mind Ray was different. He wasn't as hyper as the others. Unlike them he had a calm down to earth side and he was always making sure I was ok. Even when I was rude to him he still came back. Tyson, Max and Kenny, they didn't want to get involved or be around when I was mad. But Ray…he was always the one to confront me when I was upset. He stood beside me when the others walked away. That's why I love him. But there's no way he could ever love me back. After all I've done…with a past like mine who would want to love me?

A.N: WHEW! That took longer than expected. Sorry for the delay! Now this story can go two ways and this is where I need you help! Should the next chap. Be in Ray's POV and continue like the way this chapter did or should it continue in normal pov! You're reviews count so send em in! Oh and thank you to ReiKai-chan for pointing out about the chapter thing. I don't know why it go messed up. And for pointing out Ray's eyes! ^_~