Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chosen ❯ Epilogue: Together ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Chosen

Epilogue: Together


Author: Kameko-chan

Warnings: Yaoi. Swearing.

Pairings: Kai/Ray, Tala/OC, hints of Max/Tyson

Notes: I've posted chapter 13 and the epilogue at the same time; make sure you've read both!

----------------------------

"Kai, quit being such a loner and blade with us!"

It was a dance they were all accustomed to; one of them would ask Kai to join their game, he would refuse, and they would continue without Kai until the boy's curiosity got the better of him and he ventured out. Ray smiled and waited for the usual answer from his long-time crush.

"Okay."

Kai had to keep himself from smiling as Ray blinked rapidly in confusion. Kai's immediate acceptance was never part of the game, and Ray didn't know how to continue.

"Oh," the golden-eyed teen finally replied, too bewildered to say anything else.

And so Kai joined the group, and even Tala was there, his crippling depression having taken a turn for the better to everyone's joy. When they talked, Kai even joined in on the conversation, expressing his own curiosity at the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of Mr Dickenson. They didn't remain on that subject for long; Max, Tyson and Kenny seemed agitated when they mentioned it, as they did when they spoke of their old friend Oliver's disappearance. Soon, they gave up speech for some good, hard blading, and wore themselves out in their heated competition.

As they lay on the lawn, late afternoon sun casting long shadows over their faces, Kai realized that the bag he kept his extra parts in seemed a bit heavier than normal. Curious, he rummaged in it briefly and found an entire extra Beyblade, one he had never seen before in his life. Aquamarine in color, and the bit chip was missing... It was, overall, nothing extraordinary. Yet when he looked at it, Kai felt something stir in his heart. A deep, profound sadness made his chest tighten, and he felt as though he'd forgotten something very important, though he could not think of what it was..

But the Beyblade had awoken another feeling in him. Smothered by the inexplicable grief had been... happiness. No, more than happiness. Joy. Pure elation. But it had not been because of the owner of the object, he knew that as surely as he knew the sky was blue. And again, that faint feeling of something forgotten fluttered at the back of his mind.

He doesn't know to this day what possessed him to do it, but at that moment, Kai leaned over and kissed Ray. It was soft and far too brief, but in that kiss Kai felt that flutter again, like a memory that lay just out of his reach. Ray felt it too, and he also felt with a start the familiarity of Kai's lips on his. They had never kissed before, but it seemed so... natural. Why...?

The two pulled apart and stared at each other, saw the same questions in the other's eyes, and realized with some regret that they would get no answer. It was all so strange.

But then Ray was in Kai's arms, and neither cared anymore. They were together, and they finally felt whole.

---------END----------

Hmmm... the epilogue wasn't quite what I was going for, but what are you gonna do? It's good enough =P

It's finally done!!! Aren't you all proud of me for finishing it? I must admit, I never thought I could. Sorry about ending so abruptly, I'd originally wanted to make the story deeper, but I'd written myself into a corner and I needed to end it. It was the right time, I'm certain.

Sorry to the Oliver fans!! He kinda got caught in the mass OC slaughter, and I didn't have a way to keep him alive. Er... if you're an Oliver fan, let's say that Tala kept some remnants of the Chosen's powers, and was able to pool them together to bring Olli back. Sound good? ^_^;; `Cause that's the best I can do.

If you didn't quite get it... Mr Dickenson was the one who hired Joel. I wanted to be kinda subtle about it, but I also don't want to have everyone go "Huh? Who hired Joel?" Hence this blurb ^_^ If you really want to know the details of his master plot, you can e-mail me. I just didn't find them vital enough to include in the story.

I know I've said it before, but thank you to the reviewers. It is such a great feeling to read all your feedback, and I want you to know that I appreciate it immensely. *bows* Once again, thank you.

*tosses away pen* Well, that's all, folks. It's been wild. Kisses to everyone.

~Kameko-chan~