Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The End of Eternity ❯ Lost Light ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The End Of Eternity
Chapter 1- Lost Light
Kai POV
Today was the 3 year anneversary of that fateful day, the day I lost my light...
"Kai we need to go back, the others will find us eventually" a happy and energetic sixteen year old girl said as she pulled away from the seventeen year old.
"Let them search, I just want to be alone with you" Kai told her, pulling her back to him causing her to giggle.
"You've been alone with me for three hours already, Tyson's gonna think I'm dead" she said, giggling more as Kai's fingers brushed a certain part of her neck, tickling her.
"He'll be too busy stuffing his face with food to think, not that he ever thinks" he said, pulling the girl in for another kiss.
"Kai, we have an eternity to be alone. Come on, it's nearing midnight and I'm starving" the girl pleaded, giving him the famous puppy dog eyes which of course, he couldn't say no to.
"Damn your cuteness woman, I just know it's going to cause me trouble" he said playfully and she pulled him to the door of the room and opened it.
"Good evening young master Kai. I hope you don't mind the intrusion" a man with dark shades and shoulder length black hair said, secret service type agents behind him aiming guns at the two teens.
"Who the hell are you?" Kai asked, gripping Keri's hand tightly in his.
"Someone who has been tracking an escaped prisioner. Hand her over boy unless you'd like to see all of your friends executed right before your eyes" the man said, flicking open and shut the cap of an old fashioned lighter.
"She's not a prisioner, she's a human being" Kai growled at the man, who snapped his fingers. Kai's eyes lowered dangerously as another agent brought in his sister, a gun to her head and fear in her eyes.
"Let's not be uncivilized young master or impoliet. Let's let the lady decide shall we? After all, they're her friends too" he said, his eyes flicking over to her.
"I'll go with you as long as no one is harmed and you never return to this place" she said and he nodded snapping his fingers releasing Kai's sister and taking her instead.
They left, agents covering the front and back of the two. After five minutes, the others found Kai and his sister. His sister was crying into his shirt, but in his mind Kai swore revenge for taking the light he loved...
"Eternity wasn't very long was it Keri, but I won't stop searching for you. I can't stop searching, everyone's happiness depends upon it" I whispered to the trees in the snow covered park.
(Somewhere in Europe)
"Ollie, aren't we done yet?" a nineteen year old teenage girl with tri coloured hair asked the green haired boy.
"Almost Keri, almost. It would help if you stopped moving around though" he chuckled and went back to painting the girl.
She had agreed to pose in a 18th century european dress for him so he could complete his exhibit on historical woman throughout history. She already did dresses from other time periods and this was the last one.
"Oliver, please finish soon. We have to leave for Japan, Tyson and the others are expecting us" Robert said, not taking his eyes off of the game of chesse he was playing with Johnny who was most definatly losing.
Two years ago...
She wandered around the abandoned streets, trying to sense where they were. She sensed no one she was running from but bumbed into a red head she thought she knew.
"Johnny? What are you doing here in France?" she asked, her eyes still darting around for them, the hunters.
"Keri-you-have-no-chance-with-me? Where in hell have you been?" he asked her, but noticed she was franticly looking all around her, fidgiting slighlty.
"You're running from them aren't you?" he whispered and she nodded, allowing Johnny to put an arm over her shoulder and lead her away to where his friends were.
"Robert, Oliver, Enrique I'd like you to meet Kahara, Kai's missing girl" Johnny said introducing her to them and putting a slight emphasis on the word missing.
She told them her story after she felt she was safe, making them promise not to tell the others about her. It would only cause them more pain if they knew she was safe one minute and they came to see her and the next she might be missing again or worse, dead.
For the next year she operated in secrecy, living from one of their houses to the next until she was sure they had all been taken out. All but one, and he was in Russia...
"All done Keri, you can go be you" Ollie said moments later and the girl dashed from the room to get out of the unwanted dress.
"She's happy and anxious for the first time since you found her Johnny" Oliver said as he cleaned up his paints.
"Lady Kahara has been waiting three years to be back with Kai and knowing Kai, he'll never let her out of his sights again" Robert said, taking Johnny's bishop.
"I'd be suprised if Kai lets her leave the house without twenty guards after what happened" Johnny said as he moved his queen closer to Roberts king.
"I actually pitty Kai for having to live the past three years wondering whether or not his fiancee would ever come back" Enrique said just as they heared Keri running down the stairs.
"Lets go already! People are waiting for us and I'm sick of waiting to see people!" she shouted from the entrance of Enrique's place.
"Better do as she says lest we die by her hands" Johnny said, abandoning the chesse game and making his way the the entrance.
Japan
"Tyson, did you reach Kai?" Max asked his best friend who was trying to raid the kitchen.
"Nope. Guess he's looking for new leads" he answered, sneaking his hand into the kitchen only to have Hillary smack it with a spatula.
"I can't believe she's been gone for three years. It feels like yesterday that she came back to us out of the cold and finally got together with Kai" Mariah said, causing Ray to grin slightly.
"Techniqally, it was yesterday" he said, hugging the pink haired girl.
"It's not fair, to either of them" Mina said, taking a cookie without Hillary smacking her hand.
"To Kai mostly though, he doesn't know whether or not she's still alive. The police are more than certain she's not" Chays commented, earning a few dark looks, but she had a point.
"I just wish he'd pick up his cell for once. I know he can take care of himself, but I'd like to know what's going on" Tala said, shutting his own cell shut.
"Hey Tyson! Some of your homeboys are here! Looks like they got a new homegirl too!" Gramps yelled from the front of the dojo.
"Cool, sounds like Robert and the others made it and Enrique's got another girlfriend" Tyson said, racing to the door.
Tala POV
"Holy shit! She's actually here!" I heard Tyson cry from the door.
"What's he going on about?" Ray asked, starting to head towards the door but was tackled by a tri-colour haired girl.
"Who are you?" Riah asked, and I noticed the hints of annoyance and jealousy in her voice.
She looked up and I saw familiar honey brown eyes staring into my curelean ones.
"No way. K...Keri?" I stuttered out and she grinned.
"Tala! So happy to see you! Now, you've got three seconds to tell me where Kai is" she said, speaking quickly as she looked around for Kai.
"So this is the infamous Kahara Fujiwara. It's nice to meet you after hearing everyone's tales about you. I'm Hiro, Tyson's older brother" Hiro said, giving Keri his award winning smile I've seen him hook other girls with. I've got a bad feeling, pick up your god damn cell Kai.
Speaking of Kai...
It rings, I ignore it. Afraid to hear that they discovered Keri's dead and broken body lying in an abandoned warehouse or something. For some reason though, it's like the phone is nudging me, telling me to pick up. I can't though, I can't bare ending up with that message.
The ringing stops and I hesitantly listen to the message Tala left:
'Kai, she's alive and here at Tyson's. I suggest you hurry back, Tyson's brother keeps trying to charm her. Oh and another thing, if you're not back in two days, I'll send her after you.'
Japan
"So spill. Where've you been?" Mina asked after all the hello's were finished.
"I was kind of hoping to talk to Kai first, but I don't know where he is" I said, disappointed that he wasn't here with the others.
"Thing is, right after graduation Kai left to search the entire world for you. I left a message saying you were here though. He'll be back soon" Tala answered and I nodded, I hope he comes home right away. I miss him so.
Kai
The central building, located in the hot sun inside the Grand Canyon. I'll give them credit that no normal person would look there, but their stupid to think I'm normal. You will pay dearly for the long years of pain you've caused me and the others. Prepare for death.