Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The past and the future ❯ Change of heart ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(='.'=) (=^^=') (>='')(''=<)

Summary: A girl from Rei's past (a.k.a. Mr.Dickenson's grand-daughter) has joined the bladebreakers. And in the process... captured the hearts of two guys.. Kai/OC/Rei Love triangle. NO FLAMES PLZ!

Disclaimer: I do not own n e beyblade characters. But i do own the ones i created.

'Thinking'

"TAlking"

-----Scene Changes---

-Flashback/sound-

--Flashback in Stephanie's POV--

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: Change of Heart

------------------------------------------

Stephanie and Kai walked down the road together. They had taken Lulu home and was now heading towards Stephanie's house.

" Kai...can i ask you a question?" Stephanie said, deciding to break the silence.

" What?"

" Why....are you so cold sometimes?" Stephanie said. " Well, not really cold but, not really happy all the time"

" Humpf" Kai said

" I'm sorry if i've insulted you or anything" Stephanie said looking down.

" No...you didn't" Kai said. 'what am i doing? she's just another girl...i can't be falling for her'

" You know, you act all tough on the outside, but i bet you're just a big softy on the inside" Stephanie said and smiled. Kai felt his heart skip a beat when she smiled.

" Can ya keep a secret?" Stephanie said.

" Um...."

" I'll tell you anyway, about why i don't blade outside of tournaments" Stephanie said.

---------------------------------------

(A/N: hehe, sorry, you can't know about what they said, but it will later on in the story)

--------------------------------------

" I didn't know...." Kai said as him and Stephanie walked into the mansion. " I'm sorry"

" It's okay" Stephanie said. " It was a long time ago anyway."

" But, if you don't practise training, how do you go into tournaments?" Kai asked

" I don't know" Stephanie said. " I guess...i just do whatever i can"

" Oh..."

" I guess i can try blading" Stephanie said

" Huh?"

" I'll take you on, right now" Stephanie said. " Do you accept my challenge? Or am i not worth the time?"

" Whatever" Kai said. Stephanie smirked.

" Then let's blade"

-----------------

Stephanie got her blade ready and walked into the backyard. She saw Kai standing by the dish already.

" Ready?" Kai said. Stephanie nodded.

They both looked at each other and gave the signal on when to launch their blades.

Both blades span into the dish, sparks were flying everywhere. Stephanie's blade stayed still in one place.

" Dranzer" Kai said. The Blue blade hit the black one, but it didn't budge.

" Dranzer, Fire Arrow now!"

" Alright Ixion, Attack!" Stephanie shouted. Both blades crashed against each other, and Kai's blade flew out of the dish.

" I win!" Stephanie said. Her blade flew back towards her and she caught it with her open hand.

Kai walked over to his blade and picked it up.

" That was fast" Max said

" Max" Stephanie said. " How did..."

" I Just came back" Max said and walked over to them. " And i thought you didn't blade outside of tournaments"

Stephanie hung her head down. " I'm Sorry...you must think i don't like you or something"

" No, of course i don't. you must have your reasons" Max said. " but i'll act as if nothing happened" he ended with a wink.

" Thanks Max" Stephanie said and gave him a quick hug.

" No problem" Max said.

" I'm going to bed" Kai said and started to walk away.

" G'Night!" Stephanie said.

" See ya in the morning!" Max said

" Whatever" Kai said back

" Where are the others?" Stephanie asked

" They're still at the restaurant" Max said. " They told me to come back first"

" I see"

" Well, i better get a head start on sleeping" Max said. " You'll need the extra sleep when your sharing a room with Tyson"

Stephanie smiled. " Alright then, Sleep tight"

" 'Night" Max said and walked off.

----------------------------------------------

Stephanie sat down on her chair in her room and turned on the t.v. She had nothing better to do anyway. She heard the door opening and someone walking in.

" Stephanie Dear, you're still awake?"

Stephanie turned her head and saw Mr.Dickenson walking towards her.

" Gramps, it's only 9 pm" Stephanie said.

" I must have lost track of time" Mr.Dickenson said " Where are the others?"

" Rei, Kenny and Tyson are at a restaurant, Max and Kai are in their rooms" Stephanie said flipping through the channels.

" Maybe i should tell you the news when we're all together then" Mr.Dickenson said

" What news?" Stephanie said looking at him. " Can you tell me now?"

" It would be best if everyone was here..."

" Please gramps!"

" Oh Alright" Mr.Dickenson said. " The World tournament that was supposedly going to be here has moved to Toronto"

( They're in Vancouver)

" Toronto?" Stephanie said. " Oh"

" Well, we have to go there as soon as possible" Mr.Dickenson said.

" But then that means....I won't be able to see Robbie and Lulu" Stephanie said

" You can come back as soon as the tournament's over" Mr.Dickenson said

" Alright..." Stephanie said.

" Oh and by the way" Mr.Dickenson said reaching into his pocket. " On the way home, i saw Robbie and he said to give this message to you" He handed her a note.

" Thanks Grampa" Stephanie said and took the note. Mr.Dickenson smiled and stood up.

" Well, I'll be in my room if you need me" He walked out of her room and closed the door behind him.

Stephanie turned off the tv and sat on her bed. She opened the note and read it.

Hey Steph

While i was with Zach today, he said that he was really sorry for what he did yesterday and hopes that you can forgive him. He said that he didn't know what he was thinking and his old memories with you got stuck in his mind. Just thought you'd might want to know

-Robbie

Stephanie sighed and put the note down. She buried her face into her hands.

-Flashback-

Zach wiped off his face and glared at Stephanie.

" Oh you'll pay for that Stepphie, But you know what" Zach said smirking. " What you just did there, made me love you even more"

-End Flashback-

Stephanie looked under her bed and took out a box. She had kept it there for a long time and didn't take it out ever since she came back from America. She opened it and saw a picture of her mom, her and her dad. They were all smiling and looked like everything was perfect.

Stephanie smiled sadly and a few tears fell from her eyes. She took out another picture. It was a picture of her, Zach and Robbie all hugging. They were only 9 years old.

'Zach and I use to be such good friends...' Stephanie thought. Something flashed through her mind.

-Flashback-

" Can't you just give me a chance?" Zach said. He walked over to Stephanie and held her hand. " Can't you give us a chance?"

" Zach..." Stephanie said. She looked away. " I did....but you blew it"

" She came onto me! I swear i didn't do anything" Zach said.

" It doesn't matter" Stephanie said. " We can still be friends"

Zach sighed and ran his hand thorugh his hair. Stephanie started to walk away.

-End Flashback-

" I'm so sorry..." Stephanie said outloud. ' and to think i once loved you...'

" About what?"

Stephanie jumped up and saw Max standing at her doorway.

" Sorry, did i scare you?" Max said

" Oh MAx, it's you" Stephanie said. " Come in"

Max walked into her room and sat down beside her. " I saw you crying and was wondering if anything was wrong"

" I'm okay" Stephanie said.

Max looked at the picture in Stephanie's hand. " Hey..isn't that you, Robbie and Zach?"

" yea" Stephanie said. She handed him the photo.

" I thought you hated Zach" Max said looking closely at the photo.

" We use to be good friends" Stephanie said. " But then..."

" You did something to him?" Max said. Stephanie sighed.

" something like that.." Stephanie said.

" Can you tell me?" Max said. " I'll try and help you feel better"

" He...said that he loved me" Stephanie said. " But then...i found him, kinda, cheating on me"

" Oh" Max said. " Well....i don't know what to say"

" You don't have to say anything" Stephanie said. " Now you know why him and i always get into fights"

" Did you talk to your mom about these things?" Max said

" My mom...died when i was little" Stephanie said. She held back the tears that was in her eyes.

" I'm sorry" Max said. " But i know how you feel"

" You...do?" Stephanie said.

" My mom and Dad got a divorce, i felt like my whole family was falling apart" Max said. " But i just kept thinking that....If my mom and Dad saw me like this, they would feel really bad, so i just kept saying to myself, be happy, for the sake of your parents"

Stephanie looked at the photo of her family.

" You're right" Stephanie said. " My mom and Dad wouldn't want to see me like this"

" Just be happy" Max said and gave a thumbs-up.

Stephanie laughed. " Okay"

" Well, i really should get to bed" Max said. " Later"

" bye" Stephanie said. Max walked out of her room.

-------------------------------

Robbie picked up the phone and dialed Lulu's number.

" Hello?" Lulu said.

" Hey Lu, It's me" Robbie said

" Rob? Hey!" Lulu said

" Yea, well, I saw Mr.D and he told me that the world tournament is going to be held in Toronto"

" What?!" Lulu said. " Then we won't be able to see Stephanie"

" Yea, so, i was thinking about doing this....."

------------------------------------

:D:D:D:D:D

~Azn Fantasy Angel

I believe because it is impossible - ???