Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Search For The Keeper ❯ Black Ninjas ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: me no own Beyblade or Finding Nemo.

Black Ninjas

Yin: means darkness. Her bit beast is a vulture that goes by the name Merle.

Yang: means light. His bit beast is a coyote named Kantira

Mel: as in Melas, which means black. Her bit beast is a crow named Nappa.

Nigel: Latin for dark or black. His bit beast is a piranha named Onji.

"………" speaking

`………' thought

*~*~*~* change of scene or some time later

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Chapter 8: Black Ninjas

"I can't believe they made me do it. When I get back there, they are so gonna get it. Maybe I should just dye all their hair neon pink while they sleep." Muttered Jun as she walked back from the supermarket with a bag of groceries in her arms.

When they had stopped playing truth or dare, the girls had decided to get a head start on dinner only to find they were low on food, so they all nominated Jun to go get some while they watched a movie.

Jun reflected on how she was FORCED into getting groceries. She was still in the clothes that Shina had put on her. She was pulled up from the couch she was resting on and dragged to the door. Money was stuffed into her hands and the next thing she knew, she was locked out of the house.

She had stayed there banging on the door, ringing the doorbell, and even tried to find another way into the house, but that didn't work out for her. So, she straightened her clothes, held up her head high and walked to the supermarket to get some groceries.

Now she walked home, the setting sun casting pink and orange streaks across the sky. She smiled as she took her time to reach home, even though she knew it wasn't safe for her to walk alone at night since she lived in a secluded area by the forest.

As she walked on the deserted path that led her to her house, she reflected on how that in just a couple of days, her life had gotten a lot exciting. She had to admit that it was quite boring for sometime without beyblading. Now they were back to battling and her brother with his friends had shown up as well and were staying with her and her team. Life was looking good at this point for Jun, well, except the point that she was wearing clothes that she would never wear. She gave them a look of distaste before a blush appeared as she remembered the way Rai had looked at her when she came out to show everyone. She shook her head to get rid of the thought and willed herself to get rid of the blush.

She hummed as she walked on the path, the forest to her right and the road and open country to her left. It was getting dark so she quickened her pace until something made her freeze in her tracks.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? If it isn't our dear, old friend Jun." A gruff voice said as four images quickly came out of the forest and surrounded her. She recognized the figures all too well, the members of the Black Ninjas, whom Team Celestia had beaten two year ago. They were the ones that had wanted to steal her team's bit beast.

The hooded figure to the right of her was called Nigel. He had deeply rich brown hair and dark brown eyes that gave you the creeps if he stared at you. He had a dark cloak covering him, so his clothes weren't seen, though it would have been his usual dark jeans and a dark shirt. The girl behind Jun was called Mel (A/N: the one who sat on the railings) and she had blazing red hair with cat-like green eyes that had fire in them. She too had a dark cloak on top of her black skirt and an equally black top. The two others were a boy and a girl who were clearly brother and sister. Their names were Yin and Yang, Yin being the girl and Yang the boy. They both had jet-black hair and dark brown eyes that almost looked black as well and sent chills down your spine if you looked at them. Over their clothes consisting or either dark jeans or skirt and a black top was a dark cloak. (A/N: Can't really blame me for their choice of clothing, they are after all the Black Ninjas)

"What do you want?" Jun said without emotion. She looked at all four of them individually before she settled he eyes on the one in front of her, Yang.

"Well, we just want to know some information!" Yang drew out.

"Information?" Jun asked unbelievably.

"Yes, we know about the Bladebreakers and how the captain is your brother." He sneered at her. If one had looked closely at Jun, they would have seen her eyes widening, but she kept her mask of devoid emotion, which she had learned from her brother. She tried not to let her fears out. She hoped that they weren't going to target her brother and his friends just because of her and Team Celestia. She was going to respond about not hurting them when she was interrupted.

"Don't even tell us not to hurt them or go after them!" Barked Nigel as he glared at her.

"And why not? What are you going to accomplish if you go after them? Your problem is with Team Celestia not the Bladebreakers." She yelled, her blue-grey eyes engulfed in rage. A loud malicious laugh rang out in the darkened night. Jun had forgotten how it was very late and the sun had already set by now.

"You think this is about you and your pesky team? Well think again Jun! This about the bit beasts your brother's team carries as well as them knowing the location of the Guardian or even the Keeper of the Guardian." Yang's voice bellowed out into the night. Jun hid her puzzled and surprised look from the news. She never knew her brother's team had bit beasts too, but what confused her was this talk about the Keeper and the Guardian. She felt like she should know this, but didn't. Unsuspected to all around Jun and even herself, her necklace glowed a light blue under her clothes and her blade gave a pulse in her jean jacket that she had worn to keep the wind away from her bare shoulders.

"Tell us what we want to know!" Yin said to Jun.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Jun stated

"Don't lie!" Mel shouted as she stepped forward. Jun settled her grocery bag down beside her and turned around to step up to Mel.

"I'm not lying." Jun drew out.

"Well, if you aren't going to tell us nicely, we could always use force." Mel said with delight.

"For the last time, I don't know what you are talking about!"

*SLAP*

Mel's right hand came across Jun's face, slapping her and whipping her face to the right. The others gave a snort of laughter at this.

Jun slowly turned her head back to facing Mel, a red tinge on her left cheek, a little bit of blood dripped from the corner her mouth. Her blue-grey eyes blazed from the anger she was welling up inside. She controlled herself from not hitting the icy girl in front of her. Jun, even though nobody would of thought she would, wanted to do nothing than strangle the Black Ninja or at least get a good punch in. She settled on glaring at the girl who flinched from the withering glare from Jun.

Jun flashed her eyes at the rest of the members, each quieting down with her piercing glare on them. After she was done and the laughter was gone, she placed her hardened eyes back to Mel. Unconsciously, Mel took a step back from her and cursed silently in her head for her moment of weakness. The Black Ninjas knew from past experiences that Jun was the most deadliest person to cross with in Team Celestia. Now they were doubting if they should have done this.

"Apologize," Jun's voice pierced the silence. Her voice had a deadly edge to it, which she herself hadn't heard in almost two years since she last saw the Black Ninjas.

Mel turned towards the others who shook their head in disagreement. Mel turned back to the teen and willed herself to remain calm and unnerved, after all, there was four of them and only one Jun.

"No!" She answered, a malicious smirk crossed her lips.

"Well then, there is nothing for me here anymore." Jun said, her lips pulled together in a straight line, keeping back an angry retort that was at the tip of her tongue. She was heading to pick up her bag of groceries when she was punched in the stomach.

She doubled over in pain and crouched down on her knees, her arms crossing her stomach. She turned towards the attacker and found Yang towering over her. She looked around her and noticed the others surrounding her. As she turned back to Yang, another punched landed on her shoulder and another on the right side of her face. She hunched over and a kick was swiftly delivered on her back.

"You think you're going to leave here safely and without a scratch? You are quite mistaken." Nigel's voice growled out above her.

By this time, Jun had enough and she ignored the pain as she shot up and planted a punch right in Yang's face. She quickly turned around and blocked the oncoming punch from Nigel with her right arm and then swiftly planted a punch on his gut. She went down and shot her leg out tripping Yin who crashed down onto the floor. Then faster than anyone could see, she jumped back up and delivered a roundhouse kick square across Mel's jaw. When all of them were down she smoothly picked up her untouched grocery and walked towards her house. As she past a bend in the path, she took off running and kept running until she reached her home. Before she went in, she settled herself on the steps leading towards the door to catch her breath.

She cringed as she recalled the fight. She should have been on guard and her fighting was sloppy. If her sensei had seen it, he would have given her a lecture for at least two hours on how disgraceful she was to him and herself by being careless. Jun knew she was rusty in her fighting skills, but she never would have guessed that she was that rusty. She resulted in thinking maybe she should start training tomorrow so she could get back into her fighting mode. If the Black Ninjas were back, then she would have to train hard. Plus, training always improved her blading skills as well and Kami knew that she would be blading more often now than before. Suddenly her life didn't seem so boring anymore.

When she was done contemplating, she walked towards the front door and silently opened it and slipped in. She tiptoed into the kitchen and settled the bag full of food on the counter. She really didn't want anybody to see her as she was. She already knew a bruise was forming on the right side of her face as well as her shoulder and her stomach was still sore too. She silently tiptoed out of the kitchen and headed for her bedroom. She heard the TV on in the living room and guessed that the others were watching a movie of some sort, but she couldn't guess which one.

She made it to her bedroom and locked the door before she walked into her bathroom. She winced at her appearance. Her hair was dishevelled, a bruise was slowly forming on her right cheek, the blood on the left side of her face was dried up, but she thanked the Gods that the slap didn't leave a mark. The red tinge wasn't even noticeable anymore. Her clothes were all dirty from the fight as well. She took off her jacket and the ripped jeans as well as the rest of her clothes. She was glad that a bruise wasn't forming on her stomach, but it was very sore. Her shoulder though, was another matter. A big purple bruise was already making itself known.

Jun sighed and turned on the shower. After she had a quick shower, she walked back into the room, a towel around her body. She got her bare essentials and put them on before she made her way to her bed. On her bed were piles of clothes that Shina had left. She picked up a pair of jeans that looked exactly like the jeans she wore before and slipped them on. She went back into her bathroom and picked up the top from before. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but it would show her shoulders including her bruise so she just gathered the rest of her clothes and put them in her laundry basket. The pair of jeans, sadly to say, were thrown in the garbage. She walked back to her bed and picked up another shirt. It was a short-sleeved white t-shirt, like a tank top. On it was a picture of Dory from `Finding Nemo'. It was cute, since it had the phrase, `just keep swimming' on it. She slipped it on and walked back into the bathroom.

She got out some foundation that Shina had left when she did her make-up, and started applying it over the bruise on her right cheek, wincing as she did it. She reminded herself that before going to bed, she would have to clean herself up and put ointment on for the bruise to fade away. After she was done, she could hardly notice that the bruise was there. Even though she hated make-up, Jun thanked whoever made up foundation. After she was done, she left her bedroom and walked back into the kitchen to get started on dinner.

Jun knew she couldn't tell anyone. They would get worried and she didn't want that. She would deal with the problem herself. She didn't want the others involved because she knew that they would get hurt. She decided to research about this Guardian and its Keeper later in their library. The books there were really old so there was bound to be something on what she wanted to know. She also thought about what else the Black Ninjas had said. They had told her that her brother's team held bit beasts too. If this was true then Jun knew that the Black Ninjas wanted their bit beasts, but Jun would stop them before they would get near to her brother and her new friends. She promised that she would do anything to stop the Black Ninjas before they got to the Bladebreakers. With this thought she was in the kitchen and decided to put the groceries away before she started on dinner.

As she was putting the food away, she heard footsteps coming from behind her, indicating that someone had entered the kitchen.

"Hey, you're back!" Rai's voice was heard behind her. She turned around to see him in front of her, smiling. Jun could just feel her face heating up.

`Kami! Why does he have to look that good - so HOT! Stop it Jun, you're not some love struck puppy.' She thought.

"Yup, but none of you guys are getting off that easily for forcing me to get the groceries. I will have my revenge." Jun said, a smile on her face. Rai laughed at the comment and nodded his head in agreement.

"Ya, well I guess that we deserve it. Will it make you feel any better if I told you we ordered out for Chinese so you don't have to cook!" He said. Jun's eyes lighted up at the comment.

"Yum! I love Chinese!" Jun said cheerfully. Rai cocked his head to the side, like what a dog would do and looked intently at Jun. She almost squealed at how cute he looked.

`Who cares about being a love-struck puppy! I definitely like him, plus he has my weakness in guys, he has long hair! But no way am I going to tell him I like him. He probably already has a girlfriend, not to mention that I'm in deep trouble and I don't want Rai involved.' Jun came out of her thoughts by Rai's voice.

"You obviously have Chinese background like me, but Kai was raised up in Russia. Aren't you Russian?" His topaz eyes reflected his confusion clearly as Jun stared into his eyes.

"OH THAT! Our dad is Russian, but our mom is Chinese. We were both born in China, but we moved to Russia when we were little, but I took after my mom as you can tell with the type of clothes I usually wear." Jun explained while picking at the foreign clothes she was wearing from the dare by Shina. Rai nodded his head showing that he understood.

"I see, but how did you get here in Japan?"

" Oh, my grandparents, from my mom side, were Japanese." She further explained.

"But wouldn't that make your mother Japanese too?"

"They adopted her when they were visiting China."

"Oh, I get it now. Very complicated I see."

"Ya, you could say that."

"I have one more question."

"Shoot away."

"What did you dare your brother to do?" He asked as he leaned towards Jun.

"Oh that! Well you could probably help me. I told my brother that before he leaves here, he has to tell Haoma how he really feels about her. I've been trying to get them together for years. I know they like each other, but with them being too stubborn, they won't admit it."

"OH! Great, now this is what I've been waiting for. So Kai does like someone. He really doesn't express himself to us if you know what I mean."

"Ya, I know what you mean. I've seen him doing that to other people. He'll open up sooner or later. As of now, he only opens up to Haoma and I. Since you guys will be staying here for a long time, you'll see more of the real Kai that people hardly see. Actually, I'm the only one who can get that side out of him. Anyways, will you help me with Kai and Haoma?"

"Sure, after all, you guys got Tyson and Hilary together."

"No problem, I love playing matchmaker! We'll have to talk later, cause I can think of other matches." Jun said, her eyes dancing in excitement.

"If you're talking about Shina and Zeo, I'm way ahead of you!" After this comment, they noticed how close they were to each other. They backed away, their face flushed as they tried to straighten themselves.

"Cool! Let's go, I'm starved." Jun said, breaking the tensed silence.

With that the two headed back into the living room, to eat and watch a couple of more movies with the rest of the gang before heading off to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

R & R please!

If anybody has suggestions add it on to a review!

Ja ne