Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Torn: Love and Revenge? ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rei was woken by the sun shining through the window. "What… where am I? What time is it.?" Rei turned over to see the clock "10:30, oh man I'm late. Why didn't anyone wake me up? Kai's going to kill me for missing practice." As he walked toward the bathroom he remembered where he was and why. Then he turned back to the bed and crawled over it. Leaning over the edge to wish Kevin a good morning he realized He wasn't there. "Great now where the heck did he go off to" Rei asked no one in particular, but was answered.

"I was about to ask you the same thing." Rei jumped and standing at the door was Mariah. "Are you trying to steal some of our team secrets or have you just finally realized that Kevin really is your type?" Mariah asked with a giggle.

"Oh, hi, this probably looks really wrong but it's defiantly not what you think I'm still with Kai I just needed to get away for a while and Kevin let me stay the night with him."

"Whatever Rei, I don't need any explanations. Just let Kevin know he missed practice and Lee wants to have a talk with him. I'd suggest you disappear before Lee finds you hear though. I'm pretty sure he won't be as calm if he finds out Kevin missed Practice because of you." Mariah turned to walk out of the room and was face to face with Kevin. (A/N. Obviously Kevin's not tall enough to be in her face, but you understand the point right?)

"I don't think it's really any of his business why I missed practice. Now please leave me and Rei to talk."

"Yeah, whatever, just don't say I didn't warn you. I'm out of here." With that she walked out and closed the door behind her.

"I should really get going too. I have to pratice and I really should try to talk to Kai. Thanks for letting me stay with you last night, and I'm sorry I got you in trouble with Lee." Rei mumbled quickly never taking his eyes off the floor.

"I'm always in trouble with Lee. You don't have to leave yet. Stay awhile longer I think we need to talk." Kevin and a seat on the bed and Rei joined him.

Rei gave a questioning look as if asking `why do we have to talk' with his eyes. He watched Kevin turn his head to the floor. `This is big' Rei thought. `I've never seen Kevin afraid to say what he's thinking, never.' Suddenly Kevin jumped up grabbing Rei, hugging him tightly and pulling him up too. Rei pushed away assuming it was just Kevin putting another pass on him. When he looked at Kevin his eyes were fixed on the floor, and it looked like he was going to cry. "I'm sorry," Rei replied grabbing a hold of Kevin. "I didn't mean to offend you, but you know I'm seeing Kai right now."

Kevin backed away from the taller kids embrace, and wiped a tear from his eye before it fell. "It's not that," he answered. "I …well…umm."

"Don't be scared. It's me remember? You can tell me anything."

Kevin blurted out as quickly as possible, "I went to spy on Kai this morning and I saw him to Tyson and then I saw Tyson wink and I think they are doing something but I couldn't hear and I don't know what."

"Wow, slow down, and breathe." Rei said as he fell on to the bed, not sure if he was telling Kevin or himself. "Now what am I susposed to do? Does he even want me to come back?"