Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Torn: Love and Revenge? ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kai jumped from his bed and raced to the door. He flung it opened and immediately hugged Rei. "It's really you. You came back. Why did you leave? Was it something I did?"

Rei stepped out of the hug. `What is he doing? He almost sounds like he was worried about me. I doubt that. Kai doesn't care, but why did he hug me then? Usually I'd have to practically beg for a hug. This is too much I need to go.' "I'm sorry Kai" was all he said then he ran off toward the elevator.

"Wait, Rei come back. Where are you going? What did I do?" Kai screamed down the hall as Rei stepped in to the elevator.

"I don't think so." came a familiar voice from inside the elevator. "I figured if I left you alone you'd run. Now turn around, go back to the door and talk to Kai. This time I'm not leaving till you two make up."

Rei hung his head and slowly walked back to the door, where Kai still stood stunned. He walked by Kai and into the room. Kevin followed and motioned Kai to go sit next to Rei on the bed. Kai did so but refused to look at Rei. Being rejected twice in the same day was one thing he did not want to experience. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Kevin spoke. "Rei, either you tell him or I do. It might not sound very good coming from me."

"You know what just forget it. I'm pretty sure I already know what you want to tell me and I don't want to hear it from either of you. Rei just pack your stuff and go. I guess this is good bye. I just wish you had the guts to break up with me instead of cheating on me." With that Kai stomped off in to the bathroom and locked the door.

Rei looked up in shock. "Me cheat on him? Where did he pull that from? I thought he knew me better than that. I would never do such a thing" Rei said to Kevin.

"Don't even start Rei, if I were in Kai's position I'd suspect the same thing. Also, isn't that what you are accusing him of?" Kevin leaned down and hugged Rei. "Now go tell him what's really going on before things get way out of control."

"Fine." was all Rei had to say has he walked to the bathroom door. "Kai can you please come out here we need to talk."

"I have nothing left to say to you Rei now just go." Rei turned to walk away from the door but saw the look in Kevin's eyes and turned right back around.

"Kai you've got it all wrong. I'm not cheating on you with Kevin, or anyone for that matter. I only stayed at Kevin's because he's been my best friend forever and I needed to talk."

"I don't believe you. If you just needed to talk then why didn't you talk to me?"

"Honestly, it was because I need to talk about you. I've just been so confused lately and I didn't know how to ask you so I went to Kevin for advice."

"About me? Why would you need to talk about me unless it's because you want to leave me and don't know how to say goodbye?"

"Because, because I thought you might be cheating on me."

"I'm not the one who always needs to go for a walk to clear my thoughts. Or constantly asks to be alone for awhile. That's you. You're the one who doesn't want anything to do with me anymore."

Rei turned over his shoulder and whispered, "Could you please leave I think it might make this a little easier." Kevin nodded his head in agreement but signaled that he would be right out side the door. "Kai will you please come out here so we can talk?"