Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Torn: Love and Revenge? ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Honestly Rei I don't know if I want to talk to you right now. Why don't you and Kevin just leave and I'll come find you when I'm ready to talk." Kai yelled through the bathroom door.

"Kai, I'm not leaving. You can stay in there and be mad at me for as long as you want but when you decide to come out I'll be right here and then you'll have to listen to me." Rei was finally taking a stand. He wasn't going to run anymore. He had no proof that there was a reason to run so he was going to stay put. Rei slumped down leaning against the wall opposite the bathroom door.

Kai stood in front of the mirror trying to cover all signs that he'd been crying. Kai was not going to let them think he was weak he already had enough to try to fix. "What is your problem?" Kai asked his own reflection. "You sat up all night waiting for Rei to come back and now that he has you're not going to even talk to him. Stop acting so childish and get out there." Kai walked over to the door and unlocked it, but he just didn't have the nerve to open it. "Rei, can we talk?" Kai questioned through the door.

Rei turned startled not only by the question but also by the fact that Kai had changed his mind so quickly. "Of course we can talk, that's why I'm here. Do you want to start or should I?"

"You start." Said Kai still standing in the bathroom. "Maybe if you explain what going through your head this entire situation will start to make some sense."

"Ok, will you at least come out here so I can see you while I talk to you?"

"No."

"Ok, fine. Anyway I've seen you with Tyson a lot lately and I thought that maybe you liked him more than me. I was going to ask you but…" Rei continued explaining to Kai and then told him where he had been all night.

***In the Hall***

"It's about time." Kevin muttered to himself as he heard Rei start explaining.

"What's about time?" asked Max as chipper as could be.

"Don't worry about it. It's got nothing to do with you. Just continue on with your happy go lucky lifestyle."

"I'm pretty sure it's my business too if it's going to affect the Blade Breakers. Hey you didn't… No, you didn't make Rei come hear to break up with Kai did you? Now he and you are dating? That's just mean. I mean sure you and Kai aren't friend or anything but you can't just take his boyfriend."

"Settle down you little spazoid. This situation doesn't involve you at all. And I'm not taking Rei away, yet."

"Yet, what do you mean by yet? You don't seriously think that you can break those two up do you?"

"I got an idea, Why don't you turn around and go back to you land of lollipops and gum drops before I'm forced to do something that I may regret."

"Just because I act naïve doesn't mean I can't see what going on. You and every one else treat me like I'm five years old. Well get a clue, I'm the same age as all the rest of you I just chose to look on the brighter side of things."

Kevin turned to look at Max for the first time during the entire conversation, "If you say one more word to me I'll make sure you never see the bright side again. The dark side either for that matter." He cast an evil glare then gave a vengeful smirk as he watched Max turn around going back to the room he came from.