Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ True Hearts ❯ Chapter two: A force to be reckon with ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hi everyone! Here’s chapter two. Like I said in the previous chapter, this is going to be a little more interesting. There’s more action.
Enjoy your reading.


Time to begin.

“talking”
‘thinking’

Disclaimer: I do not own Bakuten Shoot Beyblade or it’s characters. I only own this plot and the characters you don’t recognise.



Chapter two: A force to be reckon with!

A week after the announcement made by Mr. Dickenson, the tournament debuted to create the tag-teams around the world. So far, four teams were already decided. Back in Italia, Julia and Raul from F Dynasty had qualified, defeating the favorites: Enrique and Oliver from the Majestics.
Also taking part in the tournament were Brooklyn and Garland, along with their alternates Ming Ming and Mistel from Bega League. They defeated, on the United Kingdom ground, the other two members of the Majestics, Robert and Johnny.
Max and Rick were the american tag-team with their alternates Emily and Michael. Max and Rick had their share of trouble when they had to face Kane and Jim of team Psychic. And for Max, to be facing Kane in a beystadium, fair and square, was an honor and one of his best battle in life.
Just as Kane and Jim lost to the PPB All Starz, Salima and Goki lost to Ray and Lee. Ray once again battled against Salima. Some memories between the two were triggered and that didn’t pleased Mariah one bit. Tension rose between the girls, only to have Ray intervene between them. None the less, Ray and Lee made it as a tag-team, followed by Mariah and Gary. Of course, Kevin was always following them everywhere.

The tournament in Japan was coming to an end. Daichi had already won block B’s finals and took his spot as a member of the BBA Revolution team. Only Tyson was left. He was preparing for his upcoming match, hearing the chief’s advices.
In the stands of the stadium, the fans were chanting, asking for the match to begin.
“Welcome back, boys and girls!” started AJ.
“The Japan tournament is almost over. We’re waiting for the finals of block A to reveal Daichi’s partner.” added Brad.
“Yeah and everyone is glued to their seat to see if Tyson will, once again, be part of the World Championships.”
“ALRIGHT, FOLKS! PLEASE WELCOME BLOCK A’S FINALISTS! FIRST IS TYSON! AND NOW, HIS OPPONENT ZEO!” said DJ Jazzman.
“Hey Zeo. It’s an honour to battle you in the finals.” told Tyson.
“Same here! But don’t think I’ll go easy on you.”
“I don’t want you to. Show me how much you’ve improved.”
“BLADERS, TAKE YOUR POSITION!”
“For the final round, Tyson and Zeo will be battling in a classic bowl. We’ll be able to see their work.” told Brad.
“Tyson and Zeo go way back. We’ll see which of these old friends, now ennemies, will come out the victor.” added AJ.
“IN 3-2-1 LET IT RIP!”
Both blades flew and landed in the dish, circling each other. Not wasting to much time, Zeo launched an attack. He came zigzagging in all directions and the moment he was about to collide into Tyson’s blade, Dragoon evaded his attack. Dragoon spinned at high speed and slam into Cerberus, pushing it to the edge of the dish.
“What’s the matter, Zeo? I thought you’d be more resisting my attacks.” taunted Tyson.
“Don’t worry. I’m just getting started.” replied Zeo. “Cerberus, attack!”
“Dragoon, attack!”
As the beyblades rushed towards each other, Kenny was looking frantically at his stats on his computer.
“Oh no! Watch out, Tyson! It’s a trap.” he suddenly yelled.
“What? How do you know that, Kenny?” asked Hilary.
But it was too late. Tyson couldn’t dodge the attack and Hilary saw what Kenny meant. Cerberus evaded Dragoon and made a u-turn to slam into Tyson’s blade at high speed. Not loosing time, Zeo called upon his bitbeast:
“Cerberus! Chain Storm!”
In a flash, Cerberus came out and used its special attack, knocking Tyson’s blade at the edge of the beydish. Dragoon was affected by the attack and was wobbling.
“You got me worried for a second, Zeo. Now it’s my turn. Dragoon, Evolution Storm!”
Using its special attack, Dragoon restore its balance and went in for the kill.
“Arghhhh!” replied Zeo, shielding his face with his arms.
Once the attack came to an end, the crowd heard a light click of a falling blade.
“THAT’S IT FOLKS. CERBERUS STOPPED SPINNING. TYSON IS THE WINNER!” yelled DJ Jazzman.
“Again, Tyson and Daichi are the winners. BBA Revolution’s tag-team is set.” said AJ.

“Looks like Tyson made it.”
“I didn’t doubt him, Tala.”
Kai and Tala were sitting in their waiting room, watching the end of Tyson’s match. They were also preparing for the russian finals. Tala had already qualified and it was now Kai’s turn.
Kai got up an headed for the door, followed by Tala, Bryan and Spencer. While the other Blitzgriek Boys headed to their seats, Kai walked toward the arena and took position. In front of him stood a familiar face.
“Well Kai. It’s been a long time since we last saw each other.”
“King...”
“You haven’t changed at all.” added the white haired blader.
“King! Stop talking and battle him, already.” scolded Queen.
“ALL RIGHT! HERE’S THE DISH: THE ICE BOWL.”
It was a dish composed solely of ice. In the center was a small circular plain and around it were stalagmites.
“ BLADERS GET READY. IN 3-2-1 LET IT RIP”
With a mighty yell, both Kai and King sent their blades flying. They slammed in mid-air and landed on the plain. Space was really restricted and the blades kept slamming into each other.
“Time to end this. Ariel, attack!” shouted King.
Just as King launched his attack, Kai sent Dranzer to balance on one of the iced stalagmites. By doing so, he was able to dogde the attack. That’s when Kai took the opportunity to strike.
“Dranzer! Spiral Fireball, now!”
Just as it started, it ended quickly. Ariel was lying at King’s feet.
“AND KAI TAKES THE WIN! THE BLITZGRIEK BOYS’ TAG-TEAM IS TALA AND KAI!”
“I hate to admit it, but you did play well, Kai. Congratualations!” said King.
“...”
Kai walked toward Tala, ignoring King.
“It’s always a pleasure to talk with you, Kai.” added Ariel’s wielder.
“How could you lose?” yelled Queen.
While the sibblings were arguing, Kai and Tala walked away.
“You know, it wouldn’t kill you to make conversation with the other bladers, Kai.” indicated the redhead.
“Whatever!” was Kai’s reply.
“That’s a start.” taunted Bryan.
“Shut up!” said the bluenette.
“He’s getting better! One word at a time.” laughed Spencer.
The Blitzgriek Boys sniggered, while Kai sighed in exasperation.
‘ It’s gonna be a very long tournament.’ thought Dranzer’s master.

A day later, everyone had their eyes fixed on their tv screen. Even our famous bladers. For the first time in the beyblade history, two new teams would join the World Championships.
The finals of the autralian tournament were almost over. The favorites of the tournament had already lost one of their members to a newcomer. Claude of the ex-Barthez Batallion was defeated by Anya. She had short black and purpled hair and dark brown eyes. Her skin was as white as a sheet and she wore a lavander tank top and short navy blue jean shorts and brown combat boots.
She rejoined her teammates: Dalie, who high fived the other girl, had dark brown hair and electric blue eyes. She wore a simple green shirt opened on her back, a black miniskirt and black stileto shoes. Next to her, was Felix, a quiet blond boy with red eyes. He wore a dark red t-shirt with a black and white skull design on it, as well as black cargo pants with chains hanging on the right side, lots of necklace, black leather wrist bands and his black combat boots. The last member got up from the shadows of the box and walked up to center stage.
The crowd couldn’t believe their eyes. Block A’s finals was up next. Miguel was going up against Elliot, a dark haired young man with dark eyes. He was wearing a black shirt, a dark grey jacket, black pants and boots.
Both bladers got into position and when the signal was given, they launched their beyblades into the dish. The classical bowl they were battling in was shattered to pieces when Elliot’s beyblade collided into it. The shattered pieces flew in all directions and knocked Miguel’s Dark Gorgoyle out of the stadium. The only blade left spinning was Elliot’s.
The performance of the new australian team left the world shaking. Their team was named the Dragon Squad.Each and every team heading to the championships were astonished, by the power they held.

“I don’t believe it!” said Tyson. “Miguel, defeated?”
“That’s not good!” added Hilary.

“Whoa! What power!” told Max.

“Incredible! We have to watch out.” said Lee.
“Indeed...” replied Ray.

“They’re a force to be recon with.” said Bryan.
“You said it Bryan.” responded Spencer.
“...” came Tala and Kai’s response.
Kai was looking intently at the bladers.There was something familiar about them, something that reminded him of an event that happen long ago. But what was it? He couldn’t tell.

Next, the sports channel were broadcasting the canadian tournament that was held a day earlier. They were broadcasting the final round. Block A’s winner was already declared as Mariam of the Saint Shields was picking her damaged blade up. She was defeated by Kiara, a white wavy haired girl with icy blue eyes. She wore a light pink lolita dress with laces and pink lolita shoes. Mariam went back to Ozuma’s side and looked at him, hoping for him to win.
“Don’t worry, Mariam. I won’t lose!”
“I hope so, Ozuma. But be careful.”
“Yeah...” he responded, walking towards the playing area.
Walking on the opposite side, was a young woman with blazing red hair tied in a ponytail on the left side of her face and piercing golden eyes that stared at her opponent coldly. Wearing a black corset, a black mid-thigh skirt and black stiletto shoes, she looked all fired up.
“We are about to start the last round of the canadian finals. Which of Jewel or Ozuma will come victorious of this match?” asked Brad.
“I don’t know! Either one of them is capable of taking the last seat. They’re both excellent bladers that deserve to advance.” answered A.J.
“I agree with you.” nodded Brad.
“Jewel is a new blader, but she already proved that she could blade. With her swift thinking and her ‘take no prisonner’ attitude, she became the idol of the crowd, here in Canada.”
“Ozuma doesn’t need to be envious of her. He’s quite popular with the ladies here. He’s a blader packing a lot of power and has his bitbeast, Flash Leopard, on his side.” added Brad.
While Jewel and Ozuma stared each other down, the dish was revealed before them: it was a dish composed of 7 horizontal poles, placed on different height in a cage, spinning one moment very slowly, the other very fast.
“They have to be careful not to get hit when the poles get faster or they’ll stop spinning.” said A.J.
“Indeed! It will take fast thinking and both Jewel and Ozuma have to predict the moment the poles will speed up as well as finding a way to defeat their opponent.”
“BLADERS, TAKE YOUR POSITION! IN 3...2...1... LET IT RIP!” said DJ Jazzman.
Both bladers launched their beyblades into the dish and spinned in accordance to the poles, seizing each other up to see what the other would do. Both of them saw the flash that happened at the base of the poles, signaling it was taking speed. Commanding their blades to fasten their speed, they were able to prevent them from being knocked by the poles.
Ozuma sent Flash Leopard into an attack. It slammed into Jewel’s beyblade over and over again. Ozuma smirked but lost his smile, when he saw that his attack didn’t fade the redhead, who had her eyes closed. She looked uninterested and almost seemed to let her blade to battle on its own. Not liking her attitude, Ozuma called forth Flash Leopard into action.
“Flash Leopard, let’s end this. Cross Fire!”
Jewel finally opened slowly her eyes and sent her blade into collision with the poles, forcing them to spin in high velocity. With sheer power and sheer will, her blade pushed the poles to rotate and in doing so, Jewel was able to stop Ozuma’s cross fire and also his blade.
“THE WINNER OF BLOCK B IS JEWEL!!” yelled DJ Jazzman.
Ozuma was dumbfounded. He couldn’t believe what happened to him. Mariam walked next to him and asked if he was okay. He never answered, to occupied to look at his opponent leaving the arena with her teammates. Other than Kiara, there was also a girl with black and orange hair, shoulder lenght, and green eyes. She was wearing a green tank top and cargo pants with brown combat boots. She also wore a lot of chains on her pants and leather bracelets. Her name was Lorelei and, from what Ozuma could tell, she was their expert blade builder.
“Mariam. I’ve got a bad feeling about these girls.”
“Why?”
“There’s something wrong with them. Can’t you feel this weird energy around them?”
Mariam watch the girls as they walked away. She didn’t see what Ozuma was talking about, but she knew his instincts rarely lied to him.
“Wow! What determination. To be able to force the dish into spinning before it’s due time, it’s amazing!” said A.J.
“You said it, old friend. In only one counter-attack, she was able to defeat Ozuma.”
“TEAM LEGENDS IS GOING TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS! CONGRATULATIONS!”

“I can’t believe Ozuma lost.” whinned Tyson.
“Me either.” agreed Kenny. “He’s a strong blader. To be defeated by a newcomer is quite a shock, but to be beaten in a such a way is even more unbelievable. The strategy she used, she made it look so easy to do.” he added.
“We have to watch ourselves against that team.” said Hilary. “Them and the other new team.”

“Amazing! I can’t wait to face them.” said Max.
“Hmmph!! They don’t seem so tough to me.” replied Rick.
“Rick...” sighed his teammates.

“We got our hands full with these new teams.” said Ray.
“You think?” replied Lee, sarcastically.
“Don’t worry! There’s no stopping us.” reassured Ray. “I believe in our team.”

“Hey, Tala! We got our work cut up for us.” said Bryan.
“Don’t let it get to you. They are not undefeatable. Right, Kai?”
“...” was his response.
As Kai watch Team Legends leave the beystadium, he couldn’t shake away the alarm that went off in his head. He knew that team very well, more specifically their team leader, Jewel. He couldn’t understand why the girls were here in the World Championships. Something was going on and he intended to find out what it was.
“Kai? What’s up with you?” asked Tala.
The other two watched the bluenette with a worried look. When he didn’t answer, Spencer got closer to him and lowered his face to the same height as Kai’s, looking intently at him. Kai got up and left the living room, in which they watched the match, to return to his own room.
“You think he’s sick or something?” asked Spencer.
“No... I don’t think so. But there is something off with him.” replied Tala.
In the back of his mind, Tala wondered if it had anything to do with the new teams. Especially the trio of Team Legends. He himself felt a connection with them. But he couldn’t remember what it was that felt so familiar about them.



That’s it for now. What did you think of it, so far?

I’ll meet you in the next chapter. Until next time!

Yours truly, chibi Setsuna-chan.