Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ True Hearts ❯ Chapter three: Opening party ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Welcome back to chapter three of ‘True Hearts’. I really worked hard on this chapter to make it pleasant and more relaxed. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as the previous ones, even if there were the settings of the story.


Time to begin.

“talking”
‘thinking’


Disclaimer: I do not own Bakuten Shoot Beyblade or it’s characters. I only own this plot and the characters you don’t recognise.



Chapter three: Opening party

A month after the regional tournaments that created the 8 tag-teams, in which the bladers practiced and perfected their strategies, they all took a plane towards Russia. The first sets of matches would be held in the cold yet animated Moscow, in the Biovolt Stadium. When Biovolt was brought down, the BBA bought the stadium instead of letting it take the dust. As each team arrived at the airport, they were greeted by their fans and by the media, bombarding them with questions or signs of love.
The teams headed to their hotel room, to rest after a long journey through the air. On their bed, each blader found a letter and in it, they found an invitation.

~Dear bladers from around the world,
You are invited to attend a party in your honor.
To this party, you will be able to meet old friends,
as well as being able to make new ones.
Amusement and a buffet will await you.

Day: Tomorrow the xx-xx-xxxx
Hour: Starting at 4 o’clock in the afternoon
Location: The Reception Hall of the Hotel

I will be honored to see you there.

Mr. Stanley Dickenson
Chairman of the BBA Federation
Chairman of the World Championship Tournament~

In the BBA Revolution’s room:

As the Chief read the invitation, Tyson and Daichi couldn’t stopped jumping in total bliss.
“Hil... did you hear that? A buffet, there’s a buffet!” screamed in joy Tyson, imagining all the food there would be.
“Yeah... I heard. Can’t you think about anything else? Is food the only thing in your mind?” she replied.
“He’s got food and beyblade in mind. Nothing else...” answered Kenny.
“Looks like it’s also Daichi’s case!” added Hilary.
“Food! Yay! Food! Can’t wait!” was Daichi’s word of joy.
“Hilary... They’re hopeless!” said Chief.
“You think? What gave it away?” came her sarcastic answer.
“Chief... Hil... I’m not that bad.” said Tyson.
Both teens looked at the World Champions with the thought of helplessness, sweatdropping and sighing at their antics.

In the Blitzgriek Boys’ room:

After reading the note, all four bladers threw it away.
“Are we really going?” asked Bryan.
“I don’t want to be bothered by all these loosers. This party is such a pain.” added Spencer.
“I don’t feel like going either. But as bladers, we have to be there.” told Tala. “I’m sure Kai doesn’t want to go either. But he’ll be going like the rest of us. Right, Kai?”
“...” was the bluenette’s reply. He was leaning against the window, his mind searching for something else.
His teammates looked at him and sighed. They knew something was bothering Kai, but unless he himself asked for their help, they knew they couldn’t. Let alone finding out what it was that made him space out. It was better to let him be and wait for him to come to them.
“Anyway... Let’s get some sleep. We’ll need to be prepared for tomorrow. I got a feeling the likes of Tyson won’t leave us alone at that party!” stated the redhead.
Bryan and Spencer agreed.

In the PPB All Starz’s room:

“I bet Tyson and Daichi are thinking about the buffet.” told the small blonde.
“You think? Tyson is a real pig!” replied Emily.
“Ha! Ha! Ha! For that he is! But don’t forget that we’re going to that party to have fun with everyone.” said Michael.
“Hmmph! I’m not going.” said Rick.
“Oh yes, you are. Or are you too chicken to be surrounded by our ennemies?” taunted Michael.
“We’ll be on even ground, right before the matches. We’ll be able to learn more about what they have in mind.” convinced Emily.
Rick sighed as Max laughed. They’d surely have fun with the other bladers.

In the White Tiger X’s room:

“A buffet....”
“Gary! How many times do I have to tell you that eating too much is not good for you?” told Mariah.
“It’s okay, sis. Let him. This party is all about having fun.” replied Lee.
“Eating is Gary’s idea of fun!” added Kevin.
“It’s also Tyson’s...” laughed Ray.
“And Daichi’s...” added Mariah.

In F Dynasty’s room:

“That’s so cool! Don’t you agree, sis?” asked Raul.
“Yeah, it is. I can’t wait to see everyone.”
“It has been a long time, since we’ve seen them. It’ll be fun.”
“Of course it will! We’re going to blow this party up.” said happily Julia.
“We are?”

In Bega League’s room:

“Yeah! I’ve got a special note asking me to be the party’s entertainer. I’ll be singing all night.” said Ming Ming, getting excited.
“That’s great, Ming Ming. As for me, I think I’ll join the White Tiger X’s Team. I haven’t talked to them in a long time. I even brought them a small present.” answered Mistel, taking out a bag of fruits coming straight from China.
“What are those?” asked the blue headed girl.
“These are fruits growing on the highest rock tip nearest to the White Tigers’ village. I met them there, back in China.”
“I’m sure it’ll bring back memories to them too.” replied Garland.
“I’m not really interested in this party, but I’ll join in. Maybe something good will happen.” said Brooklyn.
“I second that.” added Garland.

In the Dragon Squad’s room:

Elliot tore apart the invitation. To him, this party was for little children who wanted to play and he planned to show how serious he was about beyblading. Unfortunatly for him, his female teammates begged to differ. They were already planning what they would wear for such an occasion and also started to look into the boys’ bags for suitable clothing. Elliot and Felix sighed. They weren’t escaping this party. Anya and Dalie would never forgive them.

In Team Legends’ room:

“I’m not going!” said Jewel with determination.
“It’s going to be fun, Jewel.” replied Lorelei.
“Yeah! And we’ll be together. We don’t have to talk to the others if you don’t want to. At least, we’ll hang out together.” added Kiara.
“I said I’m not going. If you girls want to go, you can. But I don’t feel like seeing any of the bladers.” responded the red haired girl.
“Fine! Do what you want. You don’t know what you’re missing.” told Lorelei.
“Well, that’s Jewel, alright. Lorelei, we’ll just have to have fun for three.” smiled the white haired girl.
“More fun for us.” grinned the black and orange head.
Jewel sighed. These girls would probably end her. They were too hyper for her own taste. She headed towards the window and gazed at the scenery.

The next day, one after the other, the teams gathered in the ballroom of the hotel. Of course, Tyson, Daichi and Gary went to the buffet, while the remaining White Tiger X and BBA Revolution sat at a table, chatting happily. They were soon joined by the PPB All Starz.
“Hehehe! It’s so like them to jump on the buffet table.” told Max.
“It’s so embarrassing when they do...” added Hilary.
“Well, at least, we know they’re happy.” joined Kevin.
“You don’t say!” laughed Michael.
When Ming Ming saw the stage, she immediately ran to it, doing her job of performing, to Kenny’s pleasure and the others’ discomfort. As Ming Ming sang, cheered by the Chief, the rest of her team gathered to a table. Mistel went to greet his old friends and offered them his present.
“Hey guys! Long time no see. Here, I brought you a little gift from your hometown.”
“Hey Mistel. Good to see you.” replied Ray.
“Thank you. I can’t wait to taste those delicious fruits again.” added Lee.
“Yeah, thanks.” piped in Mariah and Kevin.
“My pleasure.”
“Hey guys... Isn’t Ming Ming amazing?” cheered Kenny.
Everyone sweatdrop at his so obvious love for the songstress.
“She’s not bad... But I know someone who’s way better than her.”
The teams turned around to see Lorelei and Kiara coming closer to their table.
“Yeah. I agree with Kiara. Ming Ming is kind of an average singer.” added Lorelei.
“How dare you speak of my dear Ming Ming like that?” roared Kenny.
“Ah finally someone who agrees with me.” mewed Hilary.
“That makes two, Hil.” joined Tyson.
“Hey...” said the Chief, starting to break in tears.
Lorelei and Kiara chuckled, joined by other bladers, who were used to a more rational beyblade expert.
As for F Dynasty, they took out their circus gear and started to show off. They skillfully threw their beyblades in the air and caught them with their baton. Anya and Dalie sat at a table facing the twins, applauding and cheering to their performance. Elliot and Felix sat a the rear where the lights barely came, hoping the girls would forget them. The Blitzgriek Boys had done the same in the opposite corner from Dragon Squad. The only ones who didn’t show were Kai and Jewel.

Kai was facing the window, thinking about Jewel. He playfully flip through his fingers a picture of her and him in younger days, all smiles and happiness. He remembered the time when they would spend hours near a river bed and gazing at the clouds and talking about various subjects. These times seemed so far away yet so near. Kai never thought that he’d see her again, not after what happened. If only he could erase that moment so it would never take place, maybe things would have been different between Jewel and him. But Kai knew that it could never be.

Jewel was laying in bed. She was thinking about everything that had happened up to now. She was also thinking about Kai, whom she hadn’t seen in years and for whom her heart yearned, even after so long. She suddenly rose up to her feet and walked to the door. She opened it and walked the halls until she reached the door to the Blitzgriek Boys room, forgetting about Mr. Dickenson’s party. Jewel stood there for minutes, watching the door in front of her. Her hand rose up to knock on the piece of wood, but at the last minute, she stoped and lowered her hand to her side.
‘I can’t see him, not now.’ she thought. ‘I’d only cause trouble for both him and I.’ she sighed.
Jewel lowered her head and watched the ground. She turned on her heels and walked away. She decided to take in some fresh air and left the hotel ground, walking in the cold moscovitch streets, with nowhere in particular to reach. She rose her head towards to the sky, in hope to see the stars, but there were none. She sighed and continued on her way.


That’s it for now. Hope you enjoyed it. Please review. See you next chapter.

chibiSetsuna-chan