Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ True Hearts ❯ Chapter five: Back to the beginning ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“talking”
‘thinking’


Disclaimer: I do not own Bakuten Shoot Beyblade or it’s characters. I only own this plot and the characters you don’t recognise.

Chapter five: Back to the beginning

“Fine. But I warn you, I won’t lose this easily.” he agreed.
The all smirked and got ready to battle it out. All four members approached the classical bowl at the center of the tower. They put their blades on their launcher and took positon, ready to shoot their beyblade into the dish.
“Get ready... In 3-2-1... Let it rip!” said Bryan.
They all shot their blades and circled the dish. Kai had Dranzer settle in the center of the bowl, waiting to see what his teammates would do. Still circling him, Spencer and Bryan went for an attack. They closed in towards the bluenette’s blade.
“Falborg,
Asthey were all going to collide, Kai’s blade disapeared from their sights.
“The hell...”
“Where did he go?” asked Spencer.
“I see!” whispered Tala.
Bryan and Spencer turned to watch Tala, who looked up. They followed his gaze and spotted Dranzer coming down on them.
“Spiral Fireball!” yelled Kai.
Before they new it, Falborg and Seaborg were out of the dish. Kai smirked at their defeated face.
“Told you I wouldn’t lose to you.”
The falcon and whale holder stared at their teammate
“You seem to have forgotten about me...” replied Tala. “Wolborg, Novae Rog!”
Kai’s eyes widened. How could he have forgotten his captain? Then it clicked. Kai lifted his eyes to look straight at Tala’s baby blue ones and grinned.
Kai grinned in a way the redhead had never see him do. Knowing the phoenix holder, something bad was coming his way and he instantly reverted back to look at his blade.
Wolborg’s attack fell to hit it’s target. Dranzer easily evade the grey beyblade by sneaking behind it. The phoenix then went into rampage by smashing into the Wolf over and over.
Tala gritted his teeth and look at Kai, who sniggered at his futile attempt to get free. The redhead already knew that the bluenette was a tough opponent, but he didn’t image Kai to be a fast thinker. He underestimated his teammate, but then again, so was the teen before him.
Kai stared at Tala with pure supremacy. There was no way the redhead could win against almighty him. But by staring at the wolf holder, he knew his opponent was planning something. Kai braced himself and silently commanded his blade to speed up the attack and send the other blade flying out of the dish.
Tala watched closely Dranzer as it pounded on his blade and noted that after a few hit, the blue blade had to pull away to regain its speed. Tala waited for the opportunity to get away from the attack and surely, when Dranzer slightly pulled away, Wolborg speeded out of its reach.
“Wolborg, attack!” he yelled.
Before Kai could stop or evade what was coming toward him, Wolborg had already begun to smash into Dranzer, pushing it back to the edge of the bowl.
“It’s over Kai.” said Tala.
And with that, Wolborg gave the last push needed to make Dranzer fall off. And it did. Kai looked at the redhead, disbelief reflecting all over his face. He had lost.
The other Russians smirked at the defeated bluenette and gave each other a thumb’s up. A clicking sound was heard and the doors of the tower opened up. They all grabbed their beyblades. Kai picked up Dranzer and stared at it for a while. It was Spencer who grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the tower before the mechanism turned on again. They all walked toward another abbey building. They walked in and entered a room that used to serve as a dining room.
“Well Kai, now it’s time for you to talk.” told Tala.
Kai sigh and lowered his head in resignation.
“Fine. But take a seat, cause it’s a long story.” he told them, taking a seat himself.
“How long? Cause we only asked what was wrong with you.” replied Bryan.
“For you to understand what is wrong with me, I have to start from the very beginning. From the moment I met Jewel.”
“Jewel? Ah, the leader of team Legends, right?” asked Spencer.
“... yeah...”
Tala, Bryan and Spencer studied Kai. The more they looked at him, the more they got concerned. Finally, they sat in front of him, waiting for the bluenette to start talking.
“ It all started when I was about 5 years old.

~ Flashback~

It was a rainy day in Moscow. Voltaire arrived at Balkov Abbey and was greeted by Boris. Biovolt’s director leaded the old man to a room. In that room, there was a table and two chairs. One of the chairs was occupied by a 5 years old two tone blue haired boy. He had his head downcast and his eyes were hidden by his bangs.
“Kai...”
The young boy lifted his head slightly to look at the speaker. His eyes widened upon seeing his grandfather.
“Grandfather... I’m... I’m sorry... I... I... I didn’t mean to take Black Dranzer and brake everything... I’m sorry... I’m really sorry...” he said, trying not to cry.
“Kai... I’m here to take you home, back to Japan.” replied Voltaire.
The young boy looked at his grandfather in disbelief. Not only was he not scold for his action, but he was leaving the abbey to return to his home.
“Get your things, boy.”
“Yes, grandfather.” smiled Kai and hurriedly left.
“Voltaire... are you sure you want to take Kai away from here? So far, he’s the only one Black Dranzer responded too.” asked Boris.
“With what you said to me on the phone, Kai is more under shock than happy to produce such power out of that bitbeast. I doubt that he’ll willingly take it and battle in a beystadium. I’ll take him home and try a different approach. Maybe, when older, he’ll consider Black Dranzer as his bitbeast and fight for my ideals. I’ll raise him for such a purpose. He’s nothing more than a pawn for me to use.”
“Not to mention your only heir. I understand, Voltaire. I hope things will go our way.”
They both nodded to each other and hearing running steps outside the room, they knew Kai had return. Voltaire took his grandson’s hand and walked away. They took the next flight back to Japan and headed to Voltaire’s mansion.

It had been a month since Kai had return to Japan and Voltaire didn’t let his grandson do as please. The old man’s motto was « Faillure is not an option» and he made sure Kai didn’t fail in anything. He had personal tutors teach the young boy and had him spend two hours a day into perfecting his beyblade skills.

Six years later, Voltaire kept that training regiment up. One day, after one of his math class, Kai was summoned at Voltaire’s office. The bluenette knocked and opened the door. He entered the room where his grandfather was sitting in his chair.
“Kai. I asked you here so you could meet someone. You can come in.”
As he said that, the door opened once again, this time, to reveal a 10 years old girl. She had fiery red hair and gold eyes. She was dressed in a simple white blouse and grey skirt. Kai looked at her and she looked back at him.
“Grandson, this is Jewel. Jewel this is Kai. Jewel will be living here with us. From now on, you two will do classes together.”
“I don’t mind, but why is she...” started the bluenette. But he was suddenly cut off by Voltaire.
“Jewel is my new protégée. She has great potential in the music industry, so I took her in. I offered her chance to learn from the best at Dream Project.” replied the old man.
“Dream Project? What’s that?”
“Dream Project is a music label. I’m a business man and even though beyblade is the trend, I expanded my field in the music industry as well. We all know that beyblade is more of a man’s field. So I created Dream Project for women all around the world to be stars as well.”
“I see.”
Kai turned to look at Jewel and extended his hand.
“Welcome into the Hiwatari family. Let’s get along.”
Jewel shook his hand and smiled.
“Thank you. Please take good care of me.”

After three years leaving together, Jewel had become quite a successful songstress and Kai was the reigning champion in the local beyblade tournament. Unexpected to Voltaire, they had fallen in love. Every free time they had, they spent it together, hiding from Kai’s grandfather. They knew the old man would definetely refuse to let them date. Unfortunetely, they were discovered by Voltaire and were severely punished. After a beating, Kai was sent back to his room. Jewel was waiting for her turn. One of Voltaire’s henchmen, grabbed her by her arm and dragged her to the torture room. He forced her into sitting on a chair before the head of the Hiwatari clan. The said man motionned for his servant to leave and then faced the girl.
“I give you a roof over your head, food on the table, clothes to wear and also fame and popularity. This is how you repay me? Kai is my only heir and I will not allow you to be with him. You are not fitting to be at his side. You are merely a pawn for me to use. You knew that from the moment you step into this house. And yet, you dared to disobey and flirted with Kai.”
Jewel had her head downcast and listened to his every word. Voltaire getting more angry at her non-response, grabbed her hair and pulled her up to her feet before throwing her on the ground. He punched her and kicked her non-stop until she stayed on the ground, unmoving. He pulled a gun and shot her once. He then left the room, yelling at his servant to get rid of her.
Fortunately for Jewel, the man who was ordered to make her disapear, was the main buttler of the house. His name was Hoji and he was assigned to Kai. Hoji drove her to the nearest hospital. He also informed Kai of Jewel state. The doctors did everything they could for her and she was now hooked to an artificial life supporting device. The doctors didn’t give her much of a waking chance, but they ensure that they’ll do all they can to keep her alive.
Since then, Kai had visit her at least three times a week. He also had Hoji watched over her when he couldn’t.

Two years later, on Jewel’s 15th birthday, Kai took time to go and see her in the hospital. When he got to her room, she was nowhere to be found. Kai went to ask the nurses and told him that the girl had woke up and was given, by the doctor in charge, the right to leave the hospital. She was completely healed and fine. Kai demanded why wasn’t he informed and the nurse told him that Jewel said she would notice her guardian herself. Kai was relief to hear that she was up and running, but at the same time he couldn’t understand why she had left without his knowing.
Even Hoji didn’t know. Certainly Voltaire had no idea, since he thought the girl dead.

~ End of flashback ~

“It’s been three years since her awakening and she suddenly reappears here in the World Championships. What’s more is that she and the others hate the sport. They always said that it was barbaric and nothing was fun into watching a spinning top go round and colliding into another one.” Kai added. “And when I went to meet Jewel down the stage earlier, she was about to runaway from me and she said that... to put it simply... she said... she said that she didn’t want me in her life.”
Kai lowered his head again to hide the tears that were welling up in his eyes. The others just looked at him and kept their mouths shut. They could easily understand how hurt he could be after everything that happen. Tala could also see how much the bluenette loved and still love Jewel, even after so long without seeing her. All this time, he was thinking about the redhead girl. Tala finaly understood why it was that Kai showed up whenever he felt like it, appearing at his own moments. He was actually searching for her. The Blitzgriek Boys also found it suspicious for team Legends to be in the tournament if they really had no good words for the sport. Let alone, being able to play it and entering so easily as one of the eight finalists.

By the time the Blitzgriek Boys return to the stadium, Tyson and Max were about to finish.
“Looks like we arrived just in time.” said Spencer.
“Yeah.” replied Bryan.
Tyson grinned at his friend who returned it ten fold.
“Here I go, Max. I hope you’re ready for me.”
“Come one Tyson. Bring it on.”
With that said, Tyson sent Dragoon into an overpowering attack. Even if Max’s defense was strong, his Draciel couldn’t take that much raw power from the white blade and in a gust of wind, the green blade was finally sent to Max’s feet.
“AND THE WINNER IS TYSON. THE BBA REVOLUTION WINS THE FIRST MATCH. LET’S APPLAUD BOTH TEAM FOR A WONDERFUL BATTLE.” yelled DJ Jazzman. “WE’LL SEE YOU TOMORROW FOR THE NEXT BEYBLADE MATCH.”