Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ True Hearts ❯ Chapter six: Bad sportsmanship ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“talking”
‘thinking’


Disclaimer: I do not own Bakuten Shoot Beyblade or it’s characters. I only own this plot and the characters you don’t recognise.

Chapter six: Bad sportsmanship

The next day, all the teams reunited once again to find out which of the remaining teams will face each other. The eagerly watch DJ Jazzman approach the screen.
“AND NOW LET’S SEE WHO WILL BE IN THE NEXT MATCH. LET’S ROLL THE SCREEN.” said DJ Jazzman, as he made the screen spin. “SO THE SECOND MATCH WILL OPPOSE... WHITE TIGER X TO... COME ON STOP SPINNING ALREADY AND SHOW US WHO’S ... OH... IT’S WHITE TIGER X ANGAINST THE BLITZGRIEK BOYS.”
“Kai, since you’re my tag-team partner, I’ll let you fight, unless you tell me right now, that you’d rather skip out for today.”
“No, I’ll fight.” answered the phoenix holder.
“Are you sure, Kai. You know I can fill in for you.” told Bryan.
“Yeah... I’m sure. I can’t let Jewel’s words get the better of me. Thanks for your concern.”
“Any time, my friend.” smiled the lavender haired teen.
The Blitzgriek Boys and White Tiger X took position in their team’s box. Tala and Lee were the one to start the round and step before the platform, waiting for the dish to appear.
“Lee. I believe in you. You can beat him.” yelled Mariah at her brother.
“Thanks, Mariah. I will.”
“You’re such a lucky guy to have a girl to give you comfort. You’ll need it, Lee, when I beat you.” taunted Tala.
“At least, there’s a girl cheering me on, unlike you.” replied the black haired teen.
“NOW, IT’S TIME TO REVEAL THE DISH IN WHICH YOU’LL BE PLAYING IN.”
The floor opened and the dish stood between the bladers. They were faced with a forest. Trees, more trees and only trees covered every inch of the bowl. It was clear that hiding was easy to do in this dish, but attacking was another story.
DJ Jazzman and the crowd did the countdown and both Tala and Lee launched their beyblades into this sea of trees. Wolborg made zigzags between the trees, while Tala watched Lee’s face carefully, analysing where he could be hiding Galleon.
“Go ahead and try to find me, Tala.”
“I never knew you were the type to run away and hide.” smirked Tala.
“Hmmph... you may think I’m running away, but you couldn’t be more wrong. Don’t you know that a lion hides, when chasing it’s prey, to make a surprise attack?”
“If it’s your only strategy, then you’ve already lost, kitty.”
Lee gritted his teeth, trying to surpress his anger and continued his taunting, attacking once in a while Wolborg, who kept his zigzaging movement.
Judging by the White Tiger’s eyes movement, the redhead was able to pinpoint Galleon and attack it. Lee was cut off by surprise that Tala found him so easily. He started to get mad and tried to counter Wolborg’s move.
“What’s the matter, Lee? Is your little kitty act not a good strategy anymore? I thought a lion could do a better job in his chase. But then again, you’re underestimating the wolf’s intelligent nature.”
“Why you!” growled Lee.
Unfortunately for him, his efforts were in vain, cause Tala sent his blade into a fierce attack pattern and finaly Galleon was sent recoilling over some trees and stopped.
“TALA WINS THE FIRST ROUND!” stated DJ Jazzman.
Lee got down the stage and returned to his teammates.
“I’m sorry. I lost.”
“Don’t worry. Now it’s my turn.” reassured Ray, as he passed his teammate and headed for the stage.
Tala also returned to his teammates. He looked at Kai.
“Are you still sure you want to do it?” he asked again.
“Yeah. Don’t worry.” answered Kai, walking to the stage to face Ray.
“It’s precisely because we worry that we ask him that!” replied Tala in a low tone.
Spencer and Bryan who heard him gave a little nod and reverted their eyes back on their teammate. That’s when Tala noticed that Jewel was sitting up in a VIP seat, facing Kai.
“I hope he doesn’t see her up there. This could be bad if he did.” stated the redhead teen.
“Huh? What are you talking about, Tala?”
“Bryan...” cut in Spencer. “Look up in the VIP seats. She’s right in his visual field.”
“Oh... I see.” replied the lavender haired teen, as he spotted said girl.
Kai and Ray stood in front of each other.
“Let’s do our very best, Kai. May the best man wins.”
“...”
“Kai?”
The nekojin looked at his friend. He studied his face and started to get concerned. He also realised that Kai wasn’t looking back at him. His gaze was staring at something or someone higher above him. Ray tried to follow his gaze and found the VIP seats. But who was he actually looking at? The nekojin couldn’t tell.
Tala watched Kai’s back, hoping he didn’t spot the girl. But by looking at Ray who lifted his head to watch behind him, he understood that Kai did in fact saw Jewel.
“He saw her.”
Spencer smacked his forehead. “We’re doom, aren’t we?”
Bryan sighed and kept staring at the bluenette.
They were signaled to launched their blades and they both did. Kai merely had Dranzer standing in one spot, while he was fixing her. Jewel sat there, looking back at him.
“Kai! Are you taking this battle seriously?” yelled Ray at his friend.
Kai lowered his gaze and lock eyes with Ray. Drigger’s holder was taken aback by that look. He could tell, something was bothering Kai. He may not talk much, but the Tiger master knew that his eyes couldn’t hide his feelings. Ray saw deception, confusion, hurt in this simple staring contest. The bluenette suddenly closed his eyes and, after a few second, spoke up.
“Dranzer, Spiral Fireball, now.”
Dranzer did as told and burn the entire forest. Leaving no place for Drigger to hide, but also cutting the tiger’s movement into a small corner where fire didn’t reach. Rei was searching a way out of this, but found that Drigger could no longer move from his spot. Kai opened his eyes very slowly and Dranzer went into attack mode and disposed of its opponent.
Ray sighed, knowing he was utterly defeated and lost his opportunity to win against Kai. He shouldn’t have called to his friend. Instead, while the bluenette was distracted, he should’ve attack. It was too late to regret it now. Nonetheless, he was glad he did, otherwise he would not have seen through his friend’s pain.
“THE BLITZGRIEK BOYS WINS!”
Kai returned to his teammates and they started to make their leave. Once out of sight, Tala whacked Kai’s head.
“Don’t give me a scare like that. I really thought you were about to throw in the towel.”
“Yeah, Kai. You almost gave us a heart attack.” added Bryan.
“Sorry...”
“KAI! WAIT!”
They all turned to find Ray running to them.
“Kai...” started the nekojing, panting slightly. “Mind telling what’s going on? You were so out of it, as if you lost all will to blade. It was kinda scary, in a way, really.”
“It’s nothing, Ray. You worry to much.”
“Don’t tell me it’s nothing. I won’t pry it out of you. But please, if you need to talk, you know where to find me. Promise me!” urged Ray.
“I won’t do anything. But fine, I promise that if I need to talk I’ll come to you.”
“Don’t worry, Ray. We’ll also watch over him. He’s just tired.” reassured Tala.
“Somehow I don’t think that reading Kai’s eyes with hurt, confusion and deceipt is my idea of being tired. But I trust you with him.” replied the nekojin. “By the way, you were looking at someone during the match. Who was it?” he added.
The four Blitzgriek Boys stared at Ray in disbelief. Kai more than the others. He hadn’t realised that Ray had become such a close friend to be able to read him like an open book.
“I was looking at... someone...” he told him, deciding against telling him that he was looking at a girl. If he did, he was afraid his friend would tease him about it and tell Tyson about it. And that in itself was the worse thing that could happen. Endless laughter.
Ray sighed. It was hard to get Kai to open up. But now that he knew the bluenette wasn’t at ease, he’d make sure to keep an eye on him, even though he was aware that Tala probably shared in Kai’s secret.
“Then I’ll see you later, Kai.”
“You too, Ray.”
And with that, the nekojin left them. The Blitzgriek Boys started walking heading back to the hotel. Kai silently thank Ray for his concern.
As they walked through the hallway, they spotted Elliot, the leader of the Dragon Squad, bullying one of team Legends member. They recognized her has Kiara. The white haired teen was caught between the black haired teen and a wall. Tala looked at her. She was trembling from head to toe and she seemed to want to merge with the wall until she disapeared.
The Blitzgriek Boys couldn’t hear what was being sad, but clearly Elliot was scaring the poor girl.
“Hey! Let her go!” ordered Bryan.
“If it isn’t the russian team. Hehehehe. So you want me to let her go? Fine by me. I’m done with her, anyway.” he grinned at them. “I hope I made myself clear, cutie. Don’t make me regret letting you go.” he added to Kiara and left.
Bryan and Spencer made their way next to her and watched as Elliot turned a corner. Kiara, on the other hand, sank to the ground. Kai crouched next to her.
“Kiara... are you all right?”
“I’m... I’m fine, now. Thank you.” she mumbled between sobs.
“What did he tell you?” asked Tala.
“I’m sorry... I’m sorry... I’m so sorry...” she said as she grabbed Kai by the waist and cried in his arms.
“Kiara!”
Kai and the others turned around and saw Jewel standing behind them.
“What have you done to her?” she hissed.
“We’re not the ones who did something. It was the leader of the Dragon Squad.” replied Spencer.
“Kiara... Kiara... are you okay?”
Kai stepped away to let Jewel take his place.
“Jewel... don’t be mad... they helped me... they helped me...” said the white haired girl, hugging her team captain as hard as she could.
“Come now, sweety. Let’s go back to the hotel.” she helped the other girl up and started walking. Jewel turned her head slightly and added: “I’m sorry I accused you and thank you.” then walked away with her friend.
“There’s definitely something going on. I don’t like this!” told Tala to no one in particular.
“I agree...” said Bryan.
“...” Kai had no words. He merely watched the redhead comforting her friend.

Returning to his teammate, Elliot entered the waiting room. They were standing in the middle of the room, waiting for their team leader to come back. They headed out to the stadium. The screen had selected them as well as FDynasty for the next round.
Getting on stage, Julia looked at Anya.She smiled at the girl in front of her.
“I’m sorry to make this sudden, but I request a battle royale against your team.”
Anya looked at her opponent with disgust.
“We’re meeting for the first time and already you’re making such request. Hmmph... you think you’re so much better, is that it? Or is it that you’re not confident enough on you own? Pathetic.” Anya turned to look at her captain. “Well Elliot? What do you want to do?”
The said teen got up and walked to the dish, next to Anya. Raul did the same.
“Since their so eager to lose fast, let’s give them what they want.” he answered flatly.
Julia was about to jump at his face, but Raul calmed her.
“He’s taunting you, sis. Don’t listen to him.”
DJ Jazzman called forth the dish. It was the classical bowl that was brought up.
“ALRIGHT BLADERS. TAKE YOUR POSITIONS. IN 3-2-1... LET... IT... RIP...”
The four bladers launched their beyblades and started circling one another. Julia and Raul took no time into summoning their bitbeast and prepared for their Gemini attack.
“Alright Raul, let’s do this...”
Before they knew what was happening, Elliot and Anya also called forth their bitbeast. The bitbeast coming out of Anya’s beyblade was a red dragon with pitch black eyes. Elliot’s beast was also a dragon, but his was icy blue.
“Etnia, use Volcanic Ignition, now” yelled Anya.
“Whisper, Arial Tempest.” added Elliot.
The attack combination of Anya’s fire dragon and Elliot’s wind type dragon came raging down on Torch Pegasus and Thunder Pegasus. It was so intense that the beyblades had not only stopped spinning but they had half melted with the dish.
Julia fell to her knees. Raul was staring wide eyes at his blade.
“Well now, feel better by losing together?” laughed Anya.
“Anya. Let’s go. We’re done here.” said Elliot, going down the stairs, followed by his teammate. The other Dragon Squad member, joined them and left the stadium.
“IN A SURPRISING BATTLE, DRAGON SQUAD TAKES THE WIN.”

The other bladers who watched the whole thing had their mouths hanging.
“I can’t believe it. FDynasty lost so easily in what they’re best in.” stated Hilary.
“Moreover, Dragon Squad actually have bitbeasts.” voiced Kenny. “Dizzy, did you capture all that, cause we have to analyse their stats. Especially since we now know they have bitbeasts too.”
“Don’t worry, Chief. I have it all recorded for ya. I’ll help ya with the analysis, so don’t fall asleep again and drool all over me. I’ll be fried like Torch Pegasus and Thunder Pegasus if you do. I bet just looking back at those footages will make me burn up.”
“Dizzy, stop it. I’m sweating enough without you making this kind of jokes.” replied Tyson.
“Sorry, I couldn’t help it.” she replied sheepishly.
The other teams stayed silent behind them. They all agreed to what had been said.