Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Two Kinds Entwined ❯ Ask her to the Dance, Kai! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yami Spring: Can Kai make it anymore obvious that he likes Helen? You'll see…this chapter may surprise some of you….cause Kai's usually cold hearted to everyone..right? We'll see about that…

Spring: Feh. This chapter will be interesting. To me, anyway. :P Oh, by the way, to anyone that's wondering, I am a Yugioh fic writer to-be, that is. I need to work on he first chappie of the fic…but it'll go up probably after I'm done this fic, or earlier. Anyways…

The next day had been a long one. It was evening, and Helen had gone to bed early.

Kai was sprawled on the couch. Two days from that night, there would be a community dance…Kai didn't have a partner. He knew Tyson was going with Hilary, and Rei was going with Maraiah. He decided to call Rei and ask for advice. He had thought of asking Helen, but he didn't know how to ask.

He picked up to phone and dialed Rei's number, hoping Rei wasn't asleep yet.

"Hello?" Kai asked. "Kai? What are you doing calling?" "Erm…" Kai shifted uncomfortably. "Hm?" Rei asked curiously. "Um…about the Dance in a few days? I know you hooked up with Maraiah, so I was hoping you could give me some advice. I want to ask Helen, you know, that angel? But…I don't know…how…"

++++++

Helen was laying flat out on her bed…thinking about everything. But her thoughts kept going back to Kai. `He's so cute…' she thought dreamily. "He looks so seductive when he smiles…" she murmered.

"Who?" came a voice from the doorway. Little did Helen know, Kai had been watching her after his phone call to Rei. "Uh..no one!" Helen said quickly, blushing furiously.

`If you say so…' Kai thought. He walked over to her bed and sat down beside her. He had took Rei's advice and decided to ask her, straight forward.

"Hm?" Helen asked, looking up at the moon through the big window. "Uh…" Kai began. "There's a dance coming up for Christmas in a few nights…and…uh…I was wondering…if…you'd want to come with…me?"

Helen turned to face him. `Did he ask what I thought he asked?' she thought. But she wasn't complaining. This was the one day that she'd been waiting for, ever since she met Kai. She blushed and smiled at him shyly. "Yes." She whispered. "Good." He smiled and took her into his arms.

Kai looked at the clock above Helen's bed. 11:00 PM already. "Let's go to bed." Kai said to her, a little disappointed.

"Yeah. It's late…I need energy for tomorrow." Helen agreed. "And the dance will be awesome too." She said with a grin. "Yeah, definitely." Kai agreed.

Kai headed for his room, and all the way thinking about Helen…and how he was to ask her to dance…and how her lips were going to feel against his…when he finally had his chance…which was either the dance or after it.

Spring: Well, I think Helen knows Kai likes her. Also, I know the chapter is sorta short, but I ran out of ideas today…so…next stop: chapter four! ^_^

Yami Spring: R and R! And see y'all.