Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ 30Kisses ❯ Draft ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dear Niisama,

It feels strange to write to after we've spent so many years not speaking to each other. It's even stranger that I decided to write this letter to you, even before writing my report to Ukitate-taichou.

This first week in Karakura has been marked with incredibly bad weather. It never rained a week straight while I was patrolling here.

I think you would have liked it here.

Accomodations are scattered. Hitsugaya-taichou and Rangiku-chan are staying with Orihime. Renji's staying at the Uruhara Shouten. Madarame and Yumichika are with one of Ichigo's friends, Keigo, I think. I'm still staying with the Kurosakis, but Kurosaki-sensei was kind enough to give me my own room this time.

Am I weak because I don't feel safe now that I can no longer feel your reiatsu when I wake up at night?

Rangiku-chan dragged us to the Matsuri festival. It's very similar to the ones we had in Rukongai. Lots of lights and sake and Renji nearly got arrested. Orihime showed us how to do kareoke; Rangiku-chan was a very enthusiastic participant. I think you'd like kareoke, maybe we could try it next year.

It's nothing like what we have at home. I know you don't like crowds and drinking, but please give it a chance. I think you'll find that you enjoy having time to relax.

Hitsugaya-taichou kept complaining about everyone acting immature, but even he appreciated the beauty of the sakura trees at night. He said it's something he would like to show Momo when she gets out of the 4th Division.

Did you and Neesama ever have a chance to do the same?

That reminds me, there's this recipe I want to try when I get back. Cherry pie! It's a Western dish but I think you'll enjoy it. I got the recipe from Ichigo's other friend, Mizuiro.

I'm glad we're no longer avoiding each other at mealtimes. It's nice to be able to have real conversations now, instead of short comments as we pass each other in the hall.

Speaking of Ichigo's friends, they're helping me on my patrol. Indirectly, of course. Since I can't shunpo in the gigai, I get Keigo to give me a ride on his motor-cycle and now I can patrol twice the area in the same amount of time. He keeps telling me to put on a 'helmit' but I love the feel of the wind in my hair. It's almost like flying!

I'd like to see you race against one of these motor-cycles one day. You would definitely win, but I think I may prefer the motor-cycles. Or the tentouken, when I am strong enough to use one.

So far, there haven't been any Arrancars, but there are still a lot of unusual energies here in Karakura. Strangely, a lot of them appear to be human, rather than ghosts. This might be due to the concentration of reiatsu here, but we still need to check it out.

There are so many things I want to tell you. But now, I'll wait to tell you in person, rather than hiding behind this letter.

I miss you


Sincerely,
Rukia
XOXO-Orihime says these mean 'hugs and kisses'.

AN: Italics are crossed out sections of the letter. See my fic journal for a better, clearer version of this.