Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Court or Caught? ❯ Persuasive ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tite Kubo owns Bleach. I just borrowed the characters.
 
 
Persuasive
 
“I'm so pleased you came back. Tatsuki ordered the meal for us. She's friends with the owners and they promised to give us plenty of food. Did you ki….. I mean, did you manage to catch up with your friend?” The words tumbled rapidly out of Orihime's mouth. She seemed pleased to see Rukia.
 
`How much time was spent kissing and how much, er, talking?” Ichigo wondered if he would receive a response to his question.
 
“We managed to meet with our friend. Renji was so, um, persuasive I don't think we will have a problem with that friend again.” Rukia was held tightly against Renji's side as she replied. “Let go of me. I can't sit down if you hold me this tightly.” She pushed Renji slightly.
 
Renji released his grip enough that Rukia managed to sit down. As soon as they were seated he moved his chair as close to Rukia's as possible and took possession of her hand.
 
Ichigo knew Rukia wouldn't answer his question. Tatsuki made a face at Uryu. “Are they always like this?”
 
“In my very brief experience, yes. I've only seen them together once before.” Uryu glanced toward the loving couple. “I've heard that this behaviour does not last. It will pass, given time and familiarity.”
 
“I'm happy for both of them. They seem to be so content with each other. I wish someone would focus on me. Um, I didn't mean to say that. Do you think it will rain tomorrow?” Realising how revealing her comments were, Orihime tried to change the subject.
 
“You're young yet, girl. Why are you thinking like that? Because you see some people getting close, or is it because Ichigo is here? Ooops. I think this talking without thinking is catching. No I don't think it will rain tomorrow. Do you have anything to add about the weather Uryu?” Tatsuki was looking intently at Uryu, possibly so she could avoid looking at Ichigo and Orihime.
 
“I find it highly probable it will rain, given the weather today. It hasn't show any sign of clearing this evening. Is that enough of a distraction from your unfortunate words Tatsuki, or would you like me to talk about the annual rainfall in Ecuador? Or should we talk about our oblivious friends.” Uryu grinned slyly at Tatsuki as her eyebrows rose at his remark.
 
“We can hear your comments you know. I may be not concentrating on the conversation, but I'm not deaf. Keep your personal remarks for when I'm not around.” Rukia tore her gaze from Renji's eyes and cast a scathing glace at Tatsuki and Uryu. “We're not here for your entertainment.”
 
“That's for sure. Otherwise you might be talking to us.” Ichigo said the words without thinking. Capturing Rukia's glare he felt slightly abashed. “Hey, Tatsuki. I think the talking without thinking is catching.”
 
“You always talk without thinking. It's your trademark characteristic. Talk without thinking, fight without thinking, act without thinking. You never consider the consequences, Ichigo.” Rukia smiled sweetly at Ichigo as she uttered her words.
 
Ichigo glowered at her and opened his mouth preparing to reply.
 
“I admire that. It's so nice to see someone who is natural in their reactions.” Orihime looked at Ichigo, the admiration clear in her eyes.
 
“Orihime. Get some control. Ichigo is not a person to admire. He's someone to fight with and tease.” Tatsuki was trying to advise her friend, but as usual, any criticism of Ichigo fell on deaf ears.
 
For a second, Ichigo scowled at Tatsuki, but Orihime squeezed his hand and he turned his head to smile at her. “After the meal, I am going to go somewhere private with her. I don't want all these other people around.” Ichigo was intent on his need for privacy with the girl sitting beside him. Privacy could offer so much opportunity.
 
The waiter arrived with garlic bread and antipasto which he placed on the table. Ichigo quickly released Orihime's hand and grabbed some garlic bread. The others quickly selected items that tempted their palates and further discussion gave way to casual comments.
 
“Don't hog the bread, Renji.”
 
“Pass the olives, please.”
 
“I don't like sardines.”
 
“The marinated artichokes are tasty, but I don't want any more.”
 
Within a short time the appetizers were finished and the waiter hurriedly cleared away the empty plates.
 
Renji burped. Rukia punched him in the shoulder. “You could pretend you knew how to behave. You were taught. I know you were.”
 
“What's the point? I had to burp. Hell, it's not like anyone cares. Why should you?” Renji was stroking Rukia's shoulder as he answered.
 
“You could have apologised at least. You don't want everyone to think you're a pig, do you?” Rukia seemed a little unhappy at Renji's attitude. She removed his hand from her shoulder.
 
“I don't care what they think. I'm only here to see you. Can we, er, talk all night like we did on Sunday? I have some, um, things I want you to take care of.” Renji had brought his face near Rukia's and he was looking into her eyes with meaning. Rukia coloured at either his words or his look.
 
“I don't have the money. I still owe Uryu for last time.” The answer came with a combination of longing and reluctance.
 
“Then come back with me. Come home.” Renji kissed Rukia's cheek, ignoring the other 4 people at the table, totally concentrating on Rukia.
 
“I told you, I can't. I have to stay here until… Until I finish the school term. Yes, I've got to finish this term, then I might be able to go home.” The yearning in Rukia's voice was obvious, even to Ichigo. She kissed Renji and he seemed to enjoy the contact.
 
“Rukia, I think the main course is arriving. Do you want to eat?” Orihime noticed the waiter's approach and did not want her friend embarrassed by his presence. Unwillingly Rukia and Renji stopped kissing.
 
The waiter was indeed approaching, bearing large bowls of the pasta carbornara requested by Rukia and Orihime. He placed these on the table and returned quickly with more pasta, salad, meat dishes and vegetables. Rukia and Orihime quickly took some of the carbornara, concerned that if they did not take what they wanted quickly, their favourite food would be eaten by others. The waiter returned with other dishes. Soon there was little space left on the table for anything else.
 
Ichigo took some of everything, except the salad. Salad always seemed a waste to him. Some leaves and oil. What was the big deal with that? Salad was dull and uninteresting. People who raved about it were morons. It was a filler; not important. He ate hungrily. The lack of sleep had made him hungrier as he needed to get his energy from somewhere. Killing hollows had not been the only reason he didn't get enough sleep. Kon was constantly moaning at Ichigo about how he had ruined his life. He tried moaning to Rukia, but she just stomped him. Ichigo didn't know why he didn't just stomp on the annoying pest. Even when he shoved him in a drawer the noise still managed to escape. While he was thinking about Kon, he heard a voice repeating his name. He realised that someone was talking to him as he was thinking about unimportant things.
 
“Ichigo. Ichigo! Are you listening to me? Have you gone deaf or something? Orihime, slap him around a bit. I have to ask him a question.” Tatsuki seemed impatient.
 
“What is it Tatsuki? What the big problem? I was thinking about something. What's so important that you ask Orihime to hit me? Huh?” He knew Orihime wouldn't slap him, but he didn't like other people telling her to hit him.
 
“I wanted to know what we're doing after this. Rukia and Randy don't want to go to a movie…” her question was interrupted by Renji.
 
“The name is Renji, but I think you should could me Mr Abarai, Tweety. I don't like your attitude.” Renji was glaring at Tatsuki.
 
“I don't like your attitude or your face. I think the name Randy suits you better, and my name is Tatsuki, but you can call me Arisawa. I don't want to be on first name terms with a pig.” The tension building between Renji and Tatsuki was unpleasant. Ichigo noticed a mixture of fear and concern on Orihime's face.
 
“I suggest that both of you attempt to address each other by the correct names. It will make the meal more enjoyable for the rest of us. I also do not wish to attend a movie after this meal. I was disappointed with the last film I watched, and it wasn't just because of the company.” Uryu in his pedantic manner was trying to smooth things over. Orihime shot him a look of gratitude.
 
“I don't want to see another movie, either. But is there anything else we can do?” Orihime appeared uncertain about what activities were available if the movie option was withdrawn.
 
Ichigo thought about it and noticed that the others also seemed to be concentrating on the problem. While thinking, Ichigo noticed that he'd emptied his plate. He quickly refilled it and continued eating.
 
“Tomorrow is a school day. Perhaps we should go home. I need to study.” The suggestion came from Tatsuki.
 
Orihime mouth drooped. “That's not much fun. You are right. Tomorrow is school.”
 
Ichigo was taken aback by his reaction to Orihime's expression. Instead of her sadness, he wanted to see her smile at him.
 
“I don't care what you do. I want to spend some time alone with Rukia and I don't want any of you watching or saying anything. After we've eaten, we're going.” Renji's voice was very firm and assured.
 
“I told you I don't have any money. I owe Ichigo and Uryu money. I might have to get a part time job. Who would have thought the human world was so expensive?” Rukia realised the mistake she made and flushed.
 
“What do you mean human world? Is there any other? I don't understand.” Tatsuki immediately noticed the slip and seized upon it to question Rukia.
 
“I meant that Tokyo is so expensive. Where I used to live, everything was so much cheaper. I'm still getting used to the cost. Do you really want to go home after the meal? We could go to a games arcade, or something.” Rukia was quick in her response, but even Ichigo noticed that the answer was not very convincing.
 
“But you said human world. What did you mean? It sounded weird.” Tatsuki was not accepting the explanation.
 
Uryu quickly grabbed Tatsuki's hand. “On considering your earlier offer, I've decided I'm prepared to risk a broken arm. Everyone else has been holding hands or behaving like hormonally obsessed individuals. I thought I might try the experience. Think of it as reimbursement for spilling water over me.”
 
Tatsuki turned to Uryu, her eyes wide and her mouth open. “Uryu? You're not serious.”
 
“Yeah, why don't we go to a games arcade? It could be fun.” Ichigo stopped cramming food in his mouth long enough to provide further distraction for Tatsuki.
 
“I'll come, but only if Tatsuki remembers my correct name.” Renji was also prepared to make a sacrifice to divert attention from Rukia's slip.
 
Tatsuki seemed rather confused. She looked at her hand now being held by Uryu; then glanced at the others. “What was I saying?”
 
“You enquired if I was serious about holding your hand. I am serious. This is a date. I did not enjoy my last date. I think it was because I took the wrong risks. I think this is the risk I should take. You haven't attempted to remove your hand from mine, and you haven't attempted to inflict bodily injury on me. May I correctly assume you will allow me to hold your hand without complaint?” Uryu was staring at Tatsuki, focussed on her answer.
 
Tatsuki coloured slightly under Uryu's regard. “Don't try to kiss me. I will break your arm if you try that.”
 
“You promised to break my arm if I held your hand. You have not done so. Does that mean you wish for me to kiss you? I'm not certain that we should move so fast. At the end of the date, I may feel so inclined, but I would prefer to wait until we are unobserved.” Uryu smiled slyly at Tatsuki's startled expression.
 
Ichigo had finished eating. There was only salad left. Renji had taken the last of the meat and Rukia had grabbed the last slice of garlic bread. Ichigo was still slightly hungry but he was not prepared to eat salad. He noticed Orihime was staring transfixed by the scene between her friend and Uryu. Quickly seizing her hand, Ichigo stroked the back of it with his fingers. Orihime turned her gaze onto him and smiled.
 
“Do you want to go to the games arcade, Orihime?” Ichigo was curious as she had not yet voiced her opinion.
 
“I've heard that they are rough places. I'm not sure it would be safe. But I'm sure I would be safe if I was with you, Ichigo.” Her smile was sweet and fresh. Ichigo almost felt moved by her words.
 
“Don't know why you'd feel safe with a guy like him. You'd feel safe with me, wouldn't you, Rukia.” Renji leant toward his date.
 
“I'd feel safe without you, Renji. I don't need you to protect me against everything. I can take care of myself.” Rukia seemed to feel a little unhappy with Renji's attitude.
 
“Yeah, like you're taking care of yourself now. Losing all your, er, money.” Renji caught himself, just in time.
 
“Oh, shut up Renji. I don't have to rely on you. I managed before I met you. I can manage now. Why are you treating me like I've lost my brain along with my, um, money?” Rukia also caught herself just in time.
 
“Because I love you. I want to take care of you.” Renji's reply was intense with meaning. Rukia looked at him, astounded to hear him declare himself in front of witnesses.
 
At that moment the waiter arrived to clear the table.
 
“Could you two just cool it with the romance and stuff? I feel like I should be apologising for you one minute, or slapping you the next. We are in public. Try to act normal.” Tatsuki was back in form, even though she was allowing Uryu to hold her hand.
 
“I think they are acting normal.” Ichigo couldn't resist saying. He grinned maliciously at Rukia as she turned to face him.
 
“Shut up, Ichigo. You're not helping.” Rukia poked her tongue out at Ichigo. He smiled at her. Renji turned to face the rest of the table, moving slightly apart from Rukia.
 
“Do you have any ideas what we can do after this?” Orihime appealed to Rukia. This time she seemed to have chosen to try to prevent the fight that was brewing. “What about you Renji?”
 
“I don't want to walk by the river again. Then again, it might be fun to give some swimming lessons.” Looking at Uryu and Tatsuki, Renji smiled wickedly. It was obvious who he was planning to teach to `swim'.
 
“I don't want to go shopping again. It turned out more expensive than I thought.” Ichigo was ruefully remembering his depleted bank balance. He knew Rukia would repay him. He just wasn't sure when. Remembering the state of her finances he knew he would have to pay for dinner tonight. Sighing he began to stroke Orihime's hand. It was nice the way her palm felt against his.
 
Hesitantly Orihime made a suggestion. “If you liked, you could come back to my place and play cards, or something, just for a little while.” She seemed a little nervous of the possible response. Her cheeks had reddened slightly.
 
At her words Ichigo knew his hopes were ruined. He'd planned to walk Orihime home after the date, without any company or interruptions this time. If everyone went to her place, there'd be no privacy. He thinned his mouth in disapproval.
 
`Yeah, good idea, Orihime. We can trounce them at poker. Maybe we should play for money.” Tatsuki seemed enthusiastic at the idea. She grinned at Uryu. “I bet I can beat you at cards.”
 
“Or if you don't like cards we could play Monopoly.” Orihime suggested.
 
“I hate Monotony. It's boring.” Having played the game before, Ichigo did not like it. The whole thing was dull. It reminded him of the money he was owed.
 
“You only hate it because you always lose. I think we should go back to Orihime's place. What do you think, Rukia?” Tatsuki was now trying to enlist further support.
 
Rukia frowned. “What's Monotony? Is it a card game? Have you ever heard of it Renji?”
 
“Don't worry about it.” Ichigo wanted to avoid another revealing conversation. “We won't be playing it, if we go back to Orihime's. Maybe we should go to a games arcade, or a movie.” A games arcade was at least dark and noisy. It would be possible to sneak away when no one was looking.
 
“I would be delighted to return to your home after the meal, but I would prefer not to play poker. Maybe we could play the dictionary game instead.” Uryu smiled at Tatsuki and Orihime.
 
“I've never heard of that game. What is it?” Renji seemed curious. He looked at Uryu with interest.
 
“Oh, come on Renji. You probably don't even know what a dictionary is.” Tatsuki sneered at the shinigami. It was obvious that she did not rate his intelligence highly.
 
“I know what a dictionary is, girl. I've just never heard of the game. Explain it.” Renji leant back in his seat and crossed his arms expectantly, keeping his eyes firmly fixed on Uryu. Rukia seemed a little confused by Renji's transfer of attention. She looked at his profile, her brows drawn together slightly.
 
“You look up an obscure word in the dictionary and everyone writes down a meaning for the word. The person who looks up the word has to provide the correct meaning. The other people have to guess the correct meaning. If someone chooses your incorrect meaning, you receive a point. Anyone who selects the correct meaning also receives a point.” Uryu was obviously trying to simplify the rules of the game. His glasses glittered, reflecting the light.
 
“I don't know if that game is terribly fair, Uryu. You would know the meanings of more words than any of us. It would give you an unfair advantage.” Orihime seemed a little unsure about the game. She frowned slightly at her friend.
 
“I've thought of that. Do you have a Japanese/English Dictionary at home?” Uryu smiled shrewdly at Orihime.
 
“Yes. It's pretty old and battered.” Orihime's eyes started to gain a look, which indicated she might be starting to understand Uryu's suggestion.
 
“Get on with it Uryu. What's your idea for this stupid game?” Ichigo realised that there was little point in arguing against all of them. He wasn't going to have any privacy with Orihime on this date. No dark games arcade, no dark movie theatre. No time. Yet going home and studying did not appeal as an alternative.
 
“I think I know. We'll use the English word and we have to create a Japanese meaning. That's a clever idea, Uryu.” Tatsuki was looking at Uryu with admiration.
 
Sighing Ichigo rubbed the back of his head. “That sounds more like school than fun. I think I'd prefer watching a reality TV show or write an essay on the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of Poland.”
 
“You're outvoted Ichigo. I think it might be amusing.” Rukia was uncharacteristically enthusiastic. She was still looking uncertainly at Renji.
 
Renji noticed her look. “Why are you looking at me like that? Is that all the food? I'm still hungry.”
 
Rukia rolled her eyes. “You've already eaten more than anyone, except Ichigo. I can't believe you're still hungry.”
 
“I can't help it if I'm hungry. I remember when we were kids, you sometimes stole my food because you said you were hungry, or don't you remember?” Renji still had his arms crossed. He raised an eyebrow at Rukia in enquiry.
 
“She stole your food when you were kids? Why?” Tatsuki seemed fascinated with this piece of information. “So how long have you known each other?”
 
“A while. What is it Renji. Why are you ignoring me.?” Rukia answered Tatsuki's question without really thinking. Her question to Renji was her main interest.
 
“What do you expect me to do? They,” Renji jerked his head at Ichigo, Uryu and Tatsuki, “keep making personal observations when I touch you. I thought if I didn't hold you they'd stop griping. I'm fed up with the whinging.”
 
Rukia took his hand. “They have no right to complain. Ichigo is stroking Orihime's hand and only let go so he could eat. Uryu is threatening to kiss Tatsuki and they're holding hands, even though this is their first date. They're just jealous that you're so spontaneous if your affection. Don't worry about them.”
 
Renji unfolded his arms and placed one around Rukia's shoulders. “Yeah, I think you're right. They're jealous. Hey, look. Here comes some more food. Just as well. Oi, you. Can we get some bread as well?” Renji addressed the waiter.
 
The waiter nodded as he placed dessert in front of Uryu, Tatsuki and Orihime.
 
Rukia punched Renji on the shoulder. “That wasn't very polite. And you don't ask for bread at the end of a meal.”
 
“Why not?” Renji didn't seem to care about Rukia's censure. He kissed her cheek.
 
“I want more bread too. Could you two stop taking over the conversation? You can work out your problems later.” Ichigo was watching for the return of the waiter. When dessert was placed in front of Ichigo, he quickly began to eat.
 
The waiter returned with the requested bread and Ichigo and Renji grudgingly shared what was brought.
 
“I should get more `cause I asked for it.” Renji grumbled. He crammed the bread in his mouth and watched Ichigo take the last piece, moodily.
 
“You asked for it but I'm paying for it.” Ichigo hissed the response to Renji when he thought Tatsuki wasn't listening. He did want her to ask any more questions. There had been too many close calls already.
 
“If you're still hungry we can buy some snacks on the way to Orihime's. We shouldn't impose on her generosity. Is it agreed, then? Dictionary game at Orihime's?” Uryu asked.
 
They agreed, except for Ichigo who was still hoping for some private time. He realised that he was not going to win, but he was still let down.
 
After the bill was paid, they all walked back to Orihime's place. Ichigo held Orihime's hand and trailed behind the others. He was hoping for a few minutes peace, but Tatsuki kept turning around and urging them to keep up. Ichigo was beginning to regret the suggestion that she attend the date. There had been too many slip-ups tonight. Either they would have to explain everything to her, which he did not want to do, or they were very careful what they said. It was hard.
 
As they passed a supermarket, Uryu remarked, “You might want to purchase some extra food if you are still hungry. It would be considerate if we did not impose on Orihime's generosity.”
 
Tatsuki grabbed Ichigo and made him come into the supermarket with her, leaving the others outside. “It will be quicker this way” was her explanation. She made him carry the baskets which she filled and he also had to pay for everything. Ichigo sighed again. Why were dates so expensive?
 
Shortly afterward they arrived at Orihime's home. Ichigo quickly glanced around, remembering the last time he had visited. It had nearly ended in the death of Orihime and Tatsuki. He didn't want to think about that too much.
 
Tatsuki and Rukia unpacked the purchases and Rukia gave Renji a large bag of chips. “Eat these. Maybe they will fill that empty hole you call a stomach.”
 
Renji accepted the chips and ate them quickly. Meanwhile Ichigo selected some fruit bars and munched on them. He wasn't quite so hungry after the bread and while he ate he watched Orihime who was searching for the dictionary. She finally located it at the bottom of a drawer.
 
“I don't use it very often. I have a newer one, but I left that at school today.” She handed the dictionary to Uryu.
 
He quickly leafed through the pages. “This will suffice. Now could you also supply pens and paper? Then we can all seat ourselves and commence the game.”
 
Orihime unearthed some paper that had printing on one side and decided that it could be used. The printing was just some handouts from school from the previous year and not important.
 
Ichigo took the papers from her and handed them out. It seemed the right thing to do. If he helped now, he could possibly stay behind to tidy up once every one left. That way he could have some privacy with Orihime. He smiled at the thought.
 
“It might be best if we trial this first. If you're agreeable I will choose the first word. That word is `Shop'.”
 
Everyone busily wrote down a meaning, with Uryu copying the meaning from the dictionary. They handed their paper to Uryu who read them aloud.
 
“Shop: a place where perverts meet; a small purple flower; the inter-dimensional portal between worlds; a place which sells items; to betray one's friends or a small specialised device used in making chocolate.” Uryu read the selections blandly.
 
Ichigo could not suppress his smile as he heard his meaning read out. He was sure that at least one person would choose it. It sounded like a good meaning to him.
 
As people made their responses, Ichigo was disappointed that no one chose his meaning. Most of them chose the one about selling items. He had chosen that one also. Renji chose the answer about betraying friends.
 
“Only one person was incorrect. The correct answer was a place that sells items. But that was only a practice and I chose a word I thought most of you would know.” Uryu looked over the top of his glasses at Renji. “Are you sure you wish to participate?”
 
“Yeah. I'm sure. I wasn't really paying attention.” Renji was again sitting very close to Rukia. Very close.
 
Looking at them, Ichigo thought it was likely that Renji would make Rukia sit even closer if he could, maybe even in his lap. Perhaps he could persuade Orihime to sit close to him. He sidled closer, pushing certain disturbing images from his mind. Orihime looked a little startled as Ichigo moved nearer, but did not move away from him.
 
“Tatsuki, before our friends become overcome with animal passions, why don't we continue the game? Would you like to select the next word?” Uryu passed her the dictionary, accidentally (not) brushing her hand as he passed her the book.
 
Tatsuki looked at Uryu steadily as she accepted the book. “Don't get any ideas Uryu. I may change my mind and break your arm, just to show you I can.” She contradicted her harsh words with a smile.
 
Uryu smiled in return.
 
Slightly flustered, Tatsuki began to look through the dictionary. “Okay, here's one. Ghost.”
 
Six head were bent as six pencils scribbled hurriedly on paper. Ichigo was not sure that his meaning was good this time. They handed their meaning to Tatsuki.
 
“Ghost: a small purple flower; a spirit that has remained in the human world; an inter-dimensional portal between worlds; a bun containing sweet bean paste; a device for killing mice or a species of flea.”
 
Ichigo frowned. He was sure he'd heard two of those meanings in the last round of this game. He decided not to choose either of those. As one of the meanings seemed relevant to him he chose that.
 
As they selected their meaning, Ichigo was astounded to find he had chosen the correct answer. No one had chosen the repeated meanings but more than one person had chosen a species of flea.
 
“I think I should mention you do not keep reusing the same meaning. It makes it obvious it is the incorrect answer. I would encourage you to create a new meaning each time.” Uryu's mouth curved in a wry smile as he made the observation.
 
“You didn't say that earlier.” Rukia removed Renji's hand from her neck. “Stop that, you're distracting me, even though I like it.”
 
“I thought it was obvious. Oh, that's right. You've never played this game before. So which one was yours? The purple flower?” Ichigo's sarcasm was evident. He was sure Rukia was repeating the flower.
 
“No. The portal. I thought it sounded convincing.” Rukia seemed offended by Ichigo's observation.
 
“Rukia likes small purple flowers. I think they suit her.” Renji sounded defensive as all eyes turned to him. Are we playing this game or not?”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
Author's note:
 
As usual my prediction is correct. I won't be able to finish this story in the next chapter or for some time, unless I cancel the date between Ichigo and Orihime. That would throw the plot into disarray and I would have to cope with annoyed characters. Urgh.
 
If you read this story and like it, please review. I would like to thank xsakura for reviewing all the chapters so far. (I nearly died of shock to actually get a review for each chapter on this site, but that's my problem.)
 
Next chapter: Will this date ever end? (Maybe). Does anyone really care who wins the game? (Huh?) Will Tatsuki break Uryu's arm? (Interesting idea). Will Rukia and Renji `talk' all night? (What do you mean by `talk'?) Will Ichigo manage to get private time with Orihime? (Unlikely) Will Rukia ever pay Ichigo the money she owes him? (See previous response) If you're lucky one of these questions will be answered in the next chapter.
 
MS