Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Halves and Wholes ❯ Prologe 1: Rei ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
01. Conversation

It started with a conversation, a 'what if'. he wasn't even sure who suggested it.
'What if you mixed a human with a hollow?' a comment easily laughed off.

But it stuck with him, and crept up on his with every tick of the clock.

'what if...'

'what if...'

'what if...'

he was never one to let an idea overwhelm him, but this idea led to another, 'would it be stronger?' and 'would it help?'. After much deliberation with his two co-conspirators. Aizen decided to see what you got if you crossed a human and a hollow.

02. Music

The hospital was loud. but Humans often were. Not that he cared about any of them as the hustled by, not seeing him. he was here to see Zero, and it wasn't like he could as them where the kept the brats, so he wondered around the place, trying to read the sings that pointed into random directions. up the elevator, down the elevator. down this hallway, up this one. All in all, he hated hospitals.

until he heard someone ask where the infant ward was, and they were told. he followed them.

Aizen decided then that he hated elevator music.

03. Pink

Zero was pink. She was pink skinned, wrapped in pink. she was also quiet. pink lips wrapped around a pink thumb, pink eyelids closed in content. That was until another baby was wheeled in. He was wrapped in a blue blanket, and had hints of orange, yes orange hair. And He was screaming at everyone. his noise mad Zero scrunch up her pink nose, clutch her pink blanket tighter and frown a cut little pink frown.

Aizen felt something akin to paternal love, if you could call it that and vowed that he will not dress her in pink again.

04. Sunrise

Rei loved to watch the sunrise. the colors were breath taking and that breath was chilled. it was rare that she could get up to watch the beginning of the day, she had more time to watch the sunset. She hated the sunset, not because it was an ending, but because it brought on the darkest night, where nightmares lay in wait. Every sunrise signified that Rei had made it through the land of nightmares to a new day, where hope waited. And for the girl who would give anything for a family, hope was the only thing she had.

05. Silence

Rei liked to be alone. There was never a time where she didn't want to be by herself, if only for a few minutes, to just exist. People were too loud, period. Rei loved it, lived in it. And the almost silence at the end of the day was best. Nature was going to sleep, people were whispering, and the heat of the day still clung to the air. the older people didn't think 10 year olds knew the value of silence, but as Rei reviled in it, she decided that that Adults didn't know the value of noise, either.

06. Fight

It wasn't that she liked to fight, but she had too. She had white hair and gold eyes, not very common. So she'd fought off those that she could, which were quite a lot. But sometimes she didn't win, because you can't win all the time. And they'd get her, they'd cut her hair and dye it black, they'd beat her again, when they saw it, because how many other people had Zero's as birthmarks? But Rei got tired of losing,as most people do, and decided that if she was going to fight, she may as well learn how.

07. Orange

If there was ever a color worse than pink, it was orange. At least that was what Rei thought.Orange was loud; bright; hot. It was most unpleasant for Rei to find out that The male personification of Orange happened to be in her new school, in her new class, and right in front of her new seat. He was loud, he was relatively smart, and his temper ran hotter than her roommates lava lamp. Plus he wasn't all that bad looking. Rei could see the love/hate relationship she had to the color would probably continue with the boy.

08. Unreliable

When it came to protection, people were as unreliable as skin. Even a paper can cut through the feeble shield that separates everything else from the red chaos underneath. People say one thing and do something else; make a cut, and you can never trust them again. And they will do almost anything to get under your skin, and inside you to see what's making you tick, then judge you on what they found and whisper. Rei double checks her wrist cuffs and pulls down her sleeves because she knows both people and razors can leave scars on unreliable shields.

09. Forget

Rei is easily forgotten. Her mother forgot to pick her up from school, her father forgot to come home to her. Her mother forgot to feed her. The police forgot to protect her. Rei's used to being forgotten, so used to it she expects it. So when the orange strawberry takes it rather personally when Rei showed up for school with more bruises and black hair one day, he makes a promise. And Rei smiled at him. He'll forget his promise in time, she's sure. everyone does. until then Rei will smile and thank him politely, but she wont believe.

10. Beyond

Rei was beyond surprised when, one month, three weeks, and six days after the Orange strawberry made his promise, he kept it. The black long since been washed out, due to way to many showers, and her hair was it's natural silvery white again. It was sunny that day, a good day to run away from the older kids who intended to hurt her. they caught up with her down at the water. which was weird because she was fast. when all was lost, He saved her. He yelled at her too, but he hadn't forgotten. Was she beyond that?