Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Halves and Wholes ❯ Prologe 2: Kago ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
01. Hide

He had to hide her. Before someone found out about her and decided that her creation was worse than the Mod soul idea. The worst part was that he couldn't even remember why he had decided to create her. Sure, it was probably a 'lets try it and see' moment, probably when he was drunk 'Never drink again', but everyone should have a reason to exist, and a Soul Reaper zanpakutô hybrid just had no reason to be here. It's not like she would replace the Soul reapers, or their weapons, ever. Kisuke shook his head. he had to hide her.

02. Glitter

She woke up to glitter. Okay, so it wasn't really glitter, but it was glittery...so whatever. 'First thing, get out of whatever this is'. Wasn't that hard. Her hand went glittery, and she cut right through the container...funfunfun...giggling, she walked into the large, deserted room, and frowned. "Hello?" She called. Her voice rough with none use. Then she wondered why she could talk when no one taught her. "Daddy, you here?" There was a noise on the other side of the door, but it was loud, so she didn't like it. Going to the opposite wall, she did the glittery thing, and went to find her father.

03. Against

She wasn't sure when she learned it, but she somehow found out that her existence was against the rules. Her very life was at risk simply because her father had created her. it was . . . stupid to say the least. Everything that breathed, and even somethings that didn't, had a right to exist. And their existence should only he threatened if they tried to harm others. Hell, the concept of allowing someone to exist or not was stupid. It was egotistical. It was at that exact moment, between the new feelings of anger and depression, that she decided she hated rules.

04. Whispers

The day she went looking for her father was the first day she heard the whispers. indistinct noise, but definitely voices. When she left, they quieted. But whenever the weird people in the back and white robes showed up, she could hear them. She never got close enough to whisper back, the robed ones hunted her. She came to understand, in time, that the whispers came from their swords. Everyone from her home had one. Some were male, some were female and one of the screamed. What she couldn't understand was, if everyone else had one, why didn't she?

05. Ache

It ached. Being Unknown ached. Being alone ached. it hurt so deep down that she cried sometimes. If she hadn't already decided not to hate her father, though she's sure she does anyway, she would hate him fore leaving her alone. She wanted to be someone. Someone important, so everyone would know her. She wouldn't let this stint of anonymousness kill her. But it still hurt. Being alone hurt worse; a constant ache in the bottom of her chest. At night she curled up with any stuffed animal she found and pretended it didn't hurt as much.


06. Ask
She always wanted to ask her father questions. Like the little humans did with the big humans. "what's this" and "why?". Her questions would be "Why do they hunt me?" and "Why did you leave me alone?" She made a list in her mind. Every question she's ever wanted to ask him is written on a white board in her inner world. Every day she finds herself adding to it. "what are the whispers?" and "why can I hear them?" When she finally found her father, He was going to have a lot to answer.


07. Kill

She understood rather quickly what 'kill or be killed' meant. And if she wanted to be remembered, being killed by something that couldn't be seen normal before she could be seen normally was definitely out. She also learned that the glittery thing her hands can do, can make her whisper weapons to kill the aforementioned somethings. She didn't like killing, but the monster was attempting to destroy some girl that didn't know it existed, and she couldn't let that happen. Besides, there was something about the monster that wasn't right. she'd look into that later. Also, to her, the best reason to kill something is to protect.

08. Home.

The only place she knew as home was the place she was hunted. She was there for maybe four hours before she forced her way through a rather painful barrier onto the other side. To a random, nameless. . . . people place. Everything was really quiet, no whispers. She though that she had somehow lost her hearing, but she could still hear. being deaf in a strange place would be bad. She moved around. A lot. first for protection, then because she was board. She settled into another people place because it was nice. She didn't really know why.

09. Name.

People had names. They seemed important, too. She didn't have one. did that mean she wasn't as impotent? Screw that, she was very important. She she had to have a name. An impotent one. The whisper weapons had names. They liked to tell people what they were, because they thought they couldn't be heard. She heard them though. Their complicated names annoyed her. She wanted a simpler name. one thatdescribed her. simple as that. He father his her. Was she a mistake? an accident? She liked to protect people, she wanted to be known. She settled onKago. a mistake that protects. that was her.

10. Friend.

The first time the white girl looked at her, Kago didn't think she could see her. But she was pretty sure she could when the girl came to talk to her. She said her name was Rei. Rei meant Zero. Was she nothing? Kago kept silent about that. Rei was hurting. She wasn't complete. trying to be something she wasn't. But what really though Kago was that Rei could see her. Actually See her. So what ever if no one else could, at the moment. Rei did. And because their was something wrong withRei, Kago promised herself she would help her get better. But for now, Kago was happy she had a friend.