Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ New Life? ❯ I am Kurosaki Ichigo. ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi~ It's Xanjos again. Thanks for looking at my fanfiction, people! I really, really appreciate it! Again, pardon for my horrible English. Please enjoy!
 
 
 
 
<< Chapter 1: I am Kurosaki Ichigo.>>
 
 
 
 
Preparations: 100% complete. Temporary artificial memory is ready to be injected.
 
“ We should start now, Kisuke.”
“ I know…. but it is harder than you think to inject an artificial memory into a gigai.”
“ Don't give me that crap, Urahara! All I care about is her! Is she ever going to get her memories back?”
“ Kurosaki-san, please be patient. We need time, which is something we do not have now. Thus, I created this artificial memory to replace her blank, empty mind….”
“……….”
 
-------------------- One Month Later ---------------------
 
Rukia waved goodbye to Urahara and climbed onto the bicycle, carrying the boxes that she was told to deliver around the Karakura neighborhood.
 
Her father-- wait, no, the person who adopted her, Urahara Kisuke opened a weird and small shop called Urahara shoten selling weird candies and other merchandises. In her “family” was uncle Tessai, Yoruichi-san, and her other younger brother and sister who were also adopted, Ururu and Jinta.
 
It's a weird family all right, but it felt so familiar, or even, homey… though she does not know if it is a right word or not, since she never had a home before. Rukia spent her childhood in an orphanage in Nara, a completely different city than where she is living now. But Karakura town-- it was just so comfortable to stay here, and it felt just like where she belongs.
 
== == == == == == == == == == == == ==
 
“ Are you sure we should send her to meet Ichigo now, Kisuke? Wouldn't it be way too early for her to meet her old friends?” Yoruichi questioned.
 
“ It is time already…. The Kuchiki family and many of the Gotei 13 are impatient about the progress.”, answered Urahara, who is typing rapidly on the computer.
 
“ Stop pretending,” snapped Yoruichi, “you never gave a shit about personalities.”
 
“Ah, ah. So you've seen through me already~” laughed Urahara, “I am also curious about my research on the new prototype gigai and the artificial memories… it would become handy if we can inject memories into beings as we like.”
 
“…. I see….”
 
== == == == == == == == == == == == ==
 
It was hot in the afternoon of summer in Karakura town. Kuchiki Rukia was tired of riding on her bike and delivering parcels already, but since she only have one package left, it wouldn't make a difference whether she rests or not.
 
She stopped at an ordinary looking house. It was common and quiet, with a scent of familiarity floating around it. “This is weird…. I've never been here before either!” Rukia said to herself. She felt the same kind of feeling again and again, in places of Karakura town and, strangely, pictures of the Edo era in books.
 
What's wrong with me? thought Rukia as she pressed the doorbell……..
 
Greeting her was a boy about her age with orange and messy hair. Silence filled the area as their eyes met.
 
Huh? It's the…. feeling again. What is possibly going on with me? I….
 
“RUKIA?” the young boy broke the awkwardness in the air. He charged up and looked at Rukia with surprise, joy, yet also immense sorrow at the same time.
 
“erm.. I don't believe we've met before, mister…” Rukia backed up in shock. What's with this guy? And what's with that familiar way he is greeting me in? Do I know this person?
 
The joy and surprise in his brown eyes vanished like the haze in a split second, and Rukia wondered what she said made him so sad. “Hey… are you okay?” she asked.
 
“Nothing… are you here to deliver something from the Urahara shoten?” the boy said with very little emotion in his tone of voice, his eyes still lifeless and empty.
 
“Eh? Erm..yea-yeah. Please tell me your name so that I can check if you are the one who should receive the package.”
 
“….Kurosaki Ichigo.”
 
The instant she heard the name, her head was filled with agony. What-- uh, my head! What's with the pain---
 
Rukia's eyesight was blurred and in an instant, she fell to the ground, her world turning into darkness, her conscious leaving her head.
 
=== === ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ===== ======
“Ichigo..where are you, Ichigo..?”
 
Ichigo turned to look at Yuzu, who fell to the ground. He whispered: “Yuzu… are you having a scary dream?”
 
“Don't come…it's dangerous….get away, Ichigo…..!”
WHAT? Damn it… Ichigo tightened his fist in frustration. Why are all of them worrying about me when they are about to die?....Makes me who is being scared for myself…look STUPID!
 
Rukia, who is resting on the ground, glared upon Ichigo, who looks extremely worried. Although they just met each other, she feels like she've met Ichigo so many times before that. He resembles Kaien-dono so much….remarked Rukia, and she felt like crying once again. But it is not the time to cry, no, not now. It is up to Ichigo whether or not they will survive.
At last, Ichigo turned around to face her.
 
“Give me the sword, shinigami. Let's give it a try.”
He looked so determined. He sounded so determined, too….
Rukia couldn't help herself but smile.
 
Her hands reached for Sode no Shiraiyuki.
“It's not Shinigami,” she commented, “It's Kuchiki Rukia.”
“I see….I'm Kurosaki Ichigo. Let's pray this doesn't become the last greeting for the both of us.”
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == = =
 
“Ru-Rukia?” Now Ichigo is getting very worried. Did something happen? What did he do? He called Urahara with his cell phone to pick Rukia up, and then lifted Rukia and carried her into the living room.
 
She was pale, but all the same, she was beautiful. She smelled just like how she used to smell like too…. She had very weak reiatsu in her, but it didn't change. Kami… Please be okay, Rukia….
 
He always felt guilty whenever it comes to Rukia. Afterall, she lost her memories because of him. It was because of Rukia he now have the power to protect the ones he love and the ones he value, but he still couldn't protect Rukia.
 
It was always Rukia who protected him. Why?
 
The doorbell rang again, and it was Yoruichi. “ICHIGO!” she called. “Come on! Before Rukia wakes up, I have to get her back to the shop. Hurry up!” “Ye-Yeah…” Before he carried Rukia outside, Ichigo whispered beside her ears. “I am sorry…Rukia…. I couldn't protect you…….I'll see you next time….”
== === == === == == == == === === == == == == == ==
 
“W--WAH?”
I am back in my room? But how?
“Ah! Rukia-san! You are awake!”, smiled Urahara. “You fainted in my customer's doorstep and we had to drive you back!”
“I--I see… thank you…”
Urahara began to head for the exit, but just before he reached the door, he stopped. “Did something happen?”
Those memories…… I must be dreaming. What shinigami? Nothing like that exists in the world….
“No…it's fine…”
“Really?” said Urahara secretly as he went outside. “Since you have a headache, you should take a rest, Rukia-san~”
`Hai…. I will….”
 
The door closed, and Rukia was confused once again. Why? Why did that weird…shinigami thing came to her? What's wrong? Who is that ichigo? What's with the headache?
 
It's just way too complicated for her liking. Maybe it's just a dream…. Everything will be fine, sooner or later….
 
== == == == == == == == == === == == = == = = === === =
“ So did anything happen?” asked Yoruichi, who happened to be standing near the doorway. Urahara thought for a second, then replied: “ Memories of Rukia and Ichigo's encounter was revealed in her mind, and the abrupt change of memories caused her to collapse in pain, that's all.”
“ It seems that she is beginning to remember now…. If I am correct.” Tessai added. Urahara sat down,:“ All we need to do is spark her memories, little by little, and she will remember soon. But we have to wait…….”
 
 
 
 
 
 
<< Chapter 1 End>>
 
So how was it? Please review and stay tuned for more chapters! :D
 
Sorry for my horrible English… oh well~