Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Rukia's Birthday Surprise: What First Kiss? ❯ Birthday Kiss Or Not? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Bleach belongs to Tite Kubo, not me. This is fan fiction and means no harm to the anime/manga.
***
"Why not?" Rukia huffed, petulant that he would turn down her advances. Angrily she let go of his hands and backed away. Had she misinterpreted the look burning in his ruby eyes? Was she that bad at guessing his intentions? On the other hand, was it a dream?
"Because," Renji answered, his tattooed brow wrinkling under the white headband he sported. "I don't want you to kiss me...”
Normally their game of insults would be fun, but he had verbally crossed a line he should not. She grasped the front of her black and white uniform, hiding the fact that she felt stabbed in the chest. Rukia backed away so her backside slammed into the far wall. Books thumped on the shelf nearby. All she could manage to croak out was, "How dare you say that! I've never been so insulted you son of a bitch!"
"Listen, you silly girl," he interrupted, stalking her like a cobra staking out its prey. “You didn't let me finish!”
“Silly girl, watch your mouth asshole!” Rukia shouted, face full of hurt while she dodged around the desk. There was but one thing to do, before she punched him or pounced on him.
"I don't want to spar with you, so knock it off! Don't try to piss me off when I'm trying to tell you something important,” Renji growled, snaking his long arm out and yanking her forwards so their chests collided.
"You make me crazy, Mister Vice Captain Abarai! What do you want from me?” she snarled.
Aware of the fact he was embracing her at the same time he was yelling at her, she remained silent. Pressing a hand to the small of her back, he caught her other hand inches from his face. She winced in pain as Renji angled her upraised hand down so it was safely at her side. Heart pounding she grunted, unable to free her hand trapped between their chests. Rukia was too proud to look him in the face and too upset that she would start crying, so she simply pressed her cheek into his robe. She was so tired of fighting conflicting feelings that when Renji wrapped her wrist around his back she clung tightly to his robe instead of fighting the embrace.
"I wanted to be the first one to kiss you," Renji told her. Softly he pressed his lips to the top of her head, startling her.
"What?" Rukia blinked up at him, at last able to pull her face away from his robe. Conflict dulled his eyes, and she could see his mouth opening and closing trying to find the right words to express himself.
"That's right. I wanted to kiss you first, Rukia," he repeated, seizing on the right words that had broken through to her. For a few minutes, she stared at him with wide-eyed shock.
"What sort of stupid macho pride is that? Damn it you could have freaking said so!" Rukia yelled up at him, pounding on his chest. "Ever since you became vice captain to my brother you've had such a STICK up your ass!"
"I had to be careful! You know how your brother and his rules are," Renji began, and then thought better of it seeing her brow knit with a deeper scowl.
"You're just as bad as Ichigo," Rukia fumed. "Acting like a kiss is a big deal!"
"Well it is to me," Renji fumed, his eyes gleaming with anger again. "Especially when it's with you, Rukia!"
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" she rolled her eyes, pounding his chest again with the hand trapped between them.
"Because I want it to be special damn it, that's why," Renji shot back. He hitched her up further on the wall so they so they were at eye level to one another. To do so he planted his hand on her backside and tugged up, then wrapped his other hand around her back to trap her arms and keep her from breaking away.
"Special..." Rukia trailed off. Rukia felt Renji's lower half as he leaned heavily, pinning her against the desk in a rather suggestive position. Extremely aroused she was scared her brother would walk in at any minute.
"We're too much alike. Hot tempered and ready to bite back," Renji snickered. "I shoulda known better than take you on without a battle plan."
"Keep speaking like that and you'll turn off my attention now that you've gotten it," Rukia warned.
"You're so damn beautiful when you're pissed at me," Renji said, voice a bit softer, yet not without its deep rich tones that made her heart pound. His face dipped towards her so close that she could feel his hot breath fanning her cheek.
"Well," Rukia swallowed, again at a loss for words, realizing he was trying to dig himself out of a hole. How chauvinistic Renji sounded, but how sweet and romantic at the same time!
“I made ya shut up for a full minute. Now I know I'm not losing my touch. Yes, I wanted it to be special, Rukia,” he repeated. “A first kiss should be special between a man and his woman, ya know!”
"So then kiss me now, if you're so damn worried about the whole deal," she challenged him. "And then we can stop all this bullshitting around."
"You say I can't wait?” Renji murmured, his plans for a romantic first kiss going out the window.
"And this isn't the first time we've kissed you insensitive ass. You're acting like the one in the cell didn't count," Rukia complained. "Or have you forgotten."
Renji blushed, widening his eyes in shock as he asked himself how he could be so stupid. He sighed, “Okay, ya got me. If I say I forgot you're going to kill me, and if I say it didn't count cause I didn't know we'd be lovers you'll also kill me. So what the hell can I say?”
“So what's the answer, Mister Vice Captain?” Rukia asked impatiently.
Renji dipped his head down and caught her lips awkwardly. His hot breath flooded her mouth, and Rukia squirmed against the hard desk under her backside. Renji pushed himself between her knees, released his grip, feeling her arms lift and then wrap around his neck. Sweeping his tongue into her mouth, he groaned at the hotness and sweetness of her taste. Rukia tentatively duplicated what he was doing, and then relaxed. Still moving his lips over hers, the tattooed Soul Reaper backed away from the desk, and dropped to one knee. Along with him he tugged her off the desk. Gasping for breath Rukia blinked up at him, her eyes slightly unfocussed and staring at his own half open.
“Damn… what the hell was that for?” Rukia panted, licking her lips. The look on his face was priceless. His eyes were half shut, and he had a rather goofy half smile on his face she rarely saw.
"This was how I wanted it to happen. Not that way. Not in a cell with you about to die. But you and I together somewhere... special where you'd always remember it and know that it was your first kiss with the man that... oh damn it."
“That man that what?” Rukia asked, her eyes softening.
“Oh hell you know what I mean! The man who wants to be with ya forever what the hell do you think I mean?” Renji blurted out, baffled when he saw the smile on her face. Did he say something RIGHT for a change?
Suddenly a grin spread across his face from one side burned cheek to another. Again that insufferable smirk of pride crossed his face that drove Rukia up the wall and thrilled her at the same time. Just like when he enthusiastically blabbed out “Pick me! I know the answer!” so many years ago at the academy. It was as if Renji Abarai had finally achieved something he extensively planned for; he basked in the same tingling that now surged over her. Gripping the front of his robe with one hand, she hooked her arm around the back of his neck. Renji said nothing, simply panting as he set her on his knee so they were at eye level with one another.
“You see why now I wanted it to be special, Rukia?” he whispered, pulling back with a smug look.
“You're the most infuriating bastard I've come across, besides Ichigo,” Rukia bit her lip, but was trying to keep from laughing. The dark haired Soul Reaper seized the moment to press her mouth to his this time and map out his mouth. Securely his arms held her, clinging to her small body tightly as if he feared she would evaporate.
His soft moan in her mouth gladdened her, and Rukia slipped off his knee to straddle it. Renji repositioned her, shifting his hand to her waist and plunging the other into her hair. His long fingers tunneled through it, rubbing her scalp, and holding her face to his. As her tongue slid over his pronounced canines, she felt his heart pounding as fast as hers was.
“Are you surprised I'm not giving you a line of shit about how you're too good for me?” Renji whispered, blowing in her ear.
Again they broke away, panting and resting their forehead together, not wanting to be away from each other. From the way in which the tattooed soul reaper pressed his knee to her crotch, she felt very comfortable, and shifted a bit. Now Renji grasped her bottom, squeezing it through the hakama. He rumbled when she rubbed his muscular chest and slipped a hand into his robe. For now, Renji brushed his nose to hers, softly kissing her cheeks, and running his tongue along one ear. Rukia trembled at how bold he was being, and sighed with pleasure. She lightly seized his ear with her teeth and nibbled on it, causing him to groan deliciously.
“I HAD wondered why you hadn't said that, but I figured you wanted to keep all your parts intact including your male ones,” Rukia murmured suggestively.
“I figured since your brother trusts me to escort ya, he's upped his opinions of me,” her brother's Vice Captain answered.
“Oh so now you're thinking your worth it because my brother stroked your ego?” Rukia began, frowning dangerously.
“You don't know when to shut your mouth do you?” Renji said, and clicked his tongue. “Ichigo was right. You talk too much.”
“Don't even bring him into this to dodge the subject!” she warned. Grumbling Renji cut off her words with another passionate kiss. Rukia's doubts evaporated with the gliding of his tongue along the arch of her palate. She lost her resistance enjoying the squeezing motion of his fingers in places she had not thought him daring enough to try.
“There's a good reason WHY your brother trusts me, you know,” Renji said when their kiss ended. Rukia panted, her breath whisked away, and her thoughts muddled as to why she should be angry with him.
“Where are you going with this?” she demanded.
“You brought up your brother stroking my ego, not me,” Renji retorted, sticking his tongue out. When she thought of the things he could do with it, Rukia shivered.
“As soon as you say something meaningful you always put your big fat foot into your mouth,” Rukia complained.
“That reminds me we have to leave now,” Renji said, glancing at the wall clock in concern.
“Lucky for you,” Rukia warned, but he saw the playful gleam in her eyes. “Does my brother know you're molesting me beforehand?”
“If it was anyone else he'd probably kill them,” Renji blurted out, and then she saw a guilty look on his face.
“What was that?” the dark haired Soul Reaper blinked in shock.
“I wasn't supposed to tell you till you now,” Renji confessed, shaking his head in frustration at himself.
“Tell me what?” Rukia asked, grabbing his ear and tugging on it. Renji yelped and grabbed the offending hand, kissing it softly.
“He's given me permission to court you,” Renji said levelly, unsure of her reaction. “And before you give me that shit about rules and protocol… I was only doing what I thought was right!”
“You what… court me?” she gasped. Rukia's breath caught and she felt her heart stop. Swallowing hard she felt the tears stinging her eyes and seized Renji's robe even tighter, twisting in it her grip.
“Hey Rukia, are you okay? Answer me!”
Strong arms arrested her fall. Renji worriedly held her, shaking her slightly and rubbing her forehead. Averting her gaze, she instead buried her face in his shoulder and cling to him tightly. Carefully he rose to his feet, guiding her to stand with him. Cupping her cheek, he then tilted her face to look up at his concerned one. Still he held her securely with his arm around her waist.
“I think we need to talk about it some more,” Rukia finally said, voice shaky.
“I shouldn't have blurted it out, but I couldn't help myself,” Renji said with a smile. “I hope that answers your question.”
“It does, and doesn't,” she whispered. “It's all so sudden.”
“All the more reason to not keep him waiting,” Renji nodded, seeing her eyes still shimmering with tears. She was touched to see the concerned look on his face at the sight of them.
“We'd better go then,” she nodded, slipping her arm through the Vice Captain of squad 6 as he let her go. Renji escorted her out of the office, stopping only to turn out the light and close the door behind them.