Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend of the 14th Division ❯ The Investigation ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Keiko woke up and got dressed. She walked out to the living room to see Makou looking tired but happy. "How was the Captains meeting?" Keiko asked her making herself something to eat. Makou looked at Keiko, pointed to a large pile of paperwork, then she said "Oh everything was fine except for the fact that Yuki didn't bother to stamp these so these have to be redone". She glared at the pile of paperwork then got up and got some water. Yotsuba got up next. She barely saw Makou and Keiko because she was half awake. She had some toast and put water on her face. She was now fully awake so Keiko said "Yotsuba, can you help me wake up Yuki and Kai. I have something to tell you guys".She blinked for a second then she grinned evily and grabbed a pan and a stick. She first went to Yuki's room and opened the door. Yuki's room had white walls with one side of the wall red and black so thats where she could put her posters and photos. There pictures on it. Some where pictures of all 5 of them or Yuki and Makou She beat the pan against the stick and said "Wake up Yuki!". She murmered something then sighed and tried to go back to sleep. Yotsuba said "Oh my Yuki I guess I will just have to tell Toshiro your dating someone else". She got out of bed and tried to throw one of her shoes at Yotsuba but she moved in time so it only hit the door. Yotsuba laughed and said "Get dressed". Yuki groaned and nodded. Yotsuba shut the door and she went down the hall and she opened the door to Kai's room. She had blue walls with a black one for her posters of her rock bands. She too had photos of all 5 of them. Yotsuba tapped the stick to the pan and said "Oh Kai, Gin's here without a shirt!". Kai immediatly got up and fell out of bed. She glared at me and said "Dirty trick Yotsuba, and I was dreaming that!". Yotsuba laughed and closed the door so Kai could get changed. Pretty soon all the girls were in the living room. Keiko looked at them and said "Ok, first on the agenda is we must practice for the Shinigami Womens Festival because its in a couple weeks. Also, im here to tell you something regarding our boyfriends". Everyone got quiet and Makou smiled knowing it wasn't her guy doing the sneaking. Keiko took a deep breath and said "Ok, the guys are planning something so who has any suggestions to what that is?". Yotsuba immediately raised her hand and said "Yaoi scandal". Yuki and Kai nodded and Kai said "Im with that!". Yuki grinned but said sadly"I know but its too bad its not that. We already established that that isn't it". Yotsuba and Kai nodded and got quiet with there dissapointment. Keiko laughed and said "Makou what do you think?". Makou looked at all of them and said "Ok, there not gay witheachother and there not cheating I dont see why you girls are upset about this. For all we know they could be planning on a group date for you 4". They nodded but Kai said "Oh really? Then how come Renji said and I quote'All I know is if we want to practice were going to have to keep quiet about it or the secret is out'. Now why would they want to pracice for a group date?". Makou nodded and said "Your right, what do you think Keiko?". Keiko shook her head and said "I think if they keep secrets from us it can either really bad or they are doing something as friends. I hope its nothing we have to worry about". They all nodded and the doorbell rang. Keiko opened the door and Toshiro, Hisagi, and Gin walked in. They sat on the kitchen stool and watched as Makou said "Meeting adjurned". Yuki, Kai,Keiko, and Yotsuba nodded. Yuki & Keiko got up and walked to there guys. Kai got up and stretched and walked to Gin. He grabbed her waist and said "Im going to guess your still sleepy". She nodded and said "Yotsuba woke me up while beating a stick against a pan then when I didn't get up she told me you were here without a shirt". He chuckled and said "Did you get up then?". "Of course. I havent seen you without a shirt so of course I got up. Only I fell out of bed and found dissapontment when she lied". He laughed and said "What happened to your sweet and innocent act hmm?". I glared at him and said "That reminds me, how could you shoot me down! Sweet and innocent works on all men. Isn't that right girls". They all looked at Kai and Yotsuba said "Yep. Thats only if the the guys is too blind or stupid. Or maybe if there gay". Kai laughed then looked at all the guys. They coughed and Gin, Toshiro and Hisagi gave glares and Toshiro said "I for one am not gay". Gin and Hisagi said "Neither am I". Yotsuba laughed and said "Well theres no need to be defensive about it !". Makou came back in and said "Ok, I need to see my sisters for a second so you guys are going to have to keep yourselves entertained". The guys sighed again guessing that was a gay joke. "Oh dont be upset guys because gay guys rock! They can tell you if you look good in an outfit or they can be your bestfriend" said Kai walking away humming Gay boyfriend. Toshiro walked to Yuki and said "I could easily tell you if you looked good in an outfit".Yuki nodded and was about to say something but Makou cutted in and said "Actually yes you could but see the gay guy would tell her that the pros and cons of the outfit". The girls laughed and the guys groaned. They all went to Makou's room and sat on he bed. "Alright, since you guys are obviously not going to let the whole guys sneaky thing go im going to let you guys go hangout with them today since its sunday. Also, I cant belive im saying this but if you must pursuade them to talk you may seduce but not on high levels!". They laughed and nodded. "I'll guess I will stay here with Makou." said Yotsuba sulking.They walked out to see the guys talking in a little group. Makou made a sound in her throat and the guys turned around. We all sat around and talked. Toshiro and Yuki stood up and Toshiro said "We'll see you guys later". . Makou said "Ok, the rest of you go. I have to get my paperwork done and I cant do it with you guys here". The nodded and Keiko, Hisagi, Kai, and Gin left. Makou sat down on the couch and said "Ah, silence". She looked over at the stack of paperwork and said "I hate you". She sighed and got up to get the papers.



Yuki's POV

Toshiro took me to his office and we were talking. I pouted at him and he looked at my expression and said "What?". I sighed and said "Apparently you dont trust me enough to tell me why you, Gin, Hisagi, and Renji have been doing behind our backs. Were not blind nor stupid. Girls talk you know!". He looked at me then grinned. " I know your not stupid. I probably go crazy if you acted stupid and blonde but no matter what you say im not going to tell you". I laughed and said "Oh really, how about I just go tell Rangiku that she has no more paperwork and that you have to do it!". Toshiro looked at me and said calmly "If I have to do paperwork all the time then I cant see you". I sighed and said "Good point. Ok, relationships are built on trust and respect. If you dont trust me then what?". He grabbed my hands and said "I do trust you its just that I cant tell you. All I can tell you is that were not cheating on you and were not gay with eachother! You will find out soon enough what were keeping from you". I nodded and he kissed me. "This sucks! I was supposed to seduce you and get answers!" I said when it ended. He laughed and said "Nice try, but I was warned to resist all temptation". I looked at him and said "Really? So what if I said I never wanted to see you again you would just shrug?". He shook his head and said "No, I would probably kiss you until you changed your mind". I smriked and said "I might try that out...later". He chuckled. We kept talking and I wondered if the others were having the same luck as I was.

Kai's POV

Gin and I were on the same hill we always hang out at and I was in his arms looking at the sky. I sighed and he looked at me and said "What is it?". I glared at him and said "Dont act blonde, your hair is silver, you know exactly why im upset!". "Is it because of the whole sweet and innocent thing?". I nodded and said "Its not fair! Keiko is a year younger then me and she got more answers out of Hisagi than I did out of you. I cant really say she seduced him but it was close enough!". He nodded and said "I already told you that sweet and innocent doesn't work on me". I sighed and said "Fine, I guess I wont kiss you until you tell me whats going on". He opened his eyes and said "I doubt you could keep that threat". I laughed and said "Try me!". He leaned his face toward me but I looked the other way smiling. He looked at me and said "Your serious arent you. If you want to know then I'll tell you". I looked at him and said "Ok, what is it?". " Well, you have to kiss me first. A kiss for each letter". I glared and said "Nope! A sentence thats all". He nodded and I kissed him. He said "Ok, we guys have gotten together often for drinks and we've been talking". I kissed him again and he said "We mostly talked about you girls". I grew less suspicious but I said "Good, last time and make it a good one". I kissed him a little bit longer than the others and he said "We haven't done anything wrong and you will find out about it when the time comes". I groaned and said "You only beat around the bush when you answered! Thats not fair!". He kissed my hand and said "All is fair in love and war". I sighed and cuddled next to him. 'Dammit! Keiko better be getting some answers' I thought.

Keiko's POV

"I guess you dont love me" I said looking at him. He shook his head and said "Of course I love you! I just cant tell you whats going on!". I turned my back on him and said "Why do you keep secrets from me?". He walked to me and grabbed my shoulders. He turned me around my held me close. "You know that I would tell you. I can though. You will know in a couple weeks though". I sighed and sat down on the branch of the tree where we first kissed. I thought 'Just make him feel a little guiltier and I should find out'. I looked at him and said "You dont trust me and you dont love me. If you did you would tell me! If you wont tell me what it is can I guess?". He grinned and nodded. "Ok, first, are you cheating on me with some other girl?". He shook his head and said "No im not! I think we already established this Keiko". I nodded and said "Is there a Yaoi scandal I dont know about? Are you that lonely you would go to a guy?". He twitched at the lonely part and said "No im not gay! And I dont believe im lonely either". I nodded and said "Ok, are you guys planning on doing something?". He nodded so I said "Ok, are you guys going on a long assignment?". He shook his head and I said "Damn! Im out of ideas". He laughed and said "Then stop trying! You will find out when it happens". I sighed and said "Fine". He kissed me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Keiko, I have a question?" he said after a while. I looked at him and said "What?". He looked at me and said "Would you storm into my office and demand I tell you what was going on?". I laughed, nodded and said "Yes I would but see, I would act calmer than Kai did. Oh, did you know Kai was only acting. She only pretended to be angry to scare Gin. I guess it didn't really help though". Hisagi laughed and said "Good. Now I can tell Gin and he wont have to worry about her storming in his office again". I laughed and said "Anyways, I will wait to find out but keep in mind I have my ways of finding out things". He sighed and said "Hey, did you find a song yet for the festival?". I nodded and said "Well im not sure if I should sing it but im going to practice with it". He nodded and kissed my head again. I leaned against him and thought 'Failure!'.


Makou's POV

I had just finished with the stack of paperwork when all 3 of them walked in sulking. I looked at them and said "What happened". Yuki looked at me and said "Couldn't get any answers outta them! I tried everything". I gave her a look and said "Everything hmm?". She laughed nervously and said "Not everything but enough to get answers". Each of them told me what they could find out. I calculated it all in my head and I finally said "I have come to a conclusion, I think its best we leave this matter alone. We know its nothing bad, and we will eventually find out so theres no point in pursuing the issue is there?". Yotusba walked out from her room and she too was sulking. I looked at them and said "Come on cheer up! How about we go out to the training field and we can train with eachother like we used to in the academy ". They perked up ad nodded excitedly. They got some water bottles and walked out. We went to the shed which held some staffs and targets. I got out a box of daggers which were used as weapons for the targets. We all stretched then threw some at the targets. We had done this in the academy so it was no suprise we all had perfect aim. We all hit the bullseye so Makou said "Alright, lets see your fitness. Lets do some gymnastics". They all groaned and stretched a little more. One at time they did some
backflips, cartwheel, somersaults, and one handed handsprings. I nodded and said "Ok, now we go one on one! Grab a staff!". They all grabbed a staff and I yelled "Lets see if you guys still remember to fight! Who wants to get me first?". They all were about to come at me but Yuki said "I will". I picked up my staff and took the defensive stance. She came at me full speed. I tried to to tag her with my staff but she flipped in the air and dodged. She got behind me and was about to tag me with the staff but I moved. She followed where I was and got me in the back. She laughed and said "Tag!". I laughed and said "Again!". She nodded and she took the defensive stance. I came at her and pretended I was about to get her but I flashstepped behind her and tagged her in the back. She laughed and said "Im done!". Keiko came next. She was sneaky because she kept moving from place to place trying to confuse me. I closed my eyes and looked around. I felt her come behind me and I tagged her in the stomach. "Aww" she said. I took the stance again and she came at me from behind. I didn't dodge in time and it got me in my side. I laughed and said "You're sneaky!". She nodded and laughed. Kai was next. She took the stance and came at me full speed. I watched every step she took but she flipped in the air and disappeared. I looked behind me to discover her above me. Instead, she got behind me and poked me in the neck. I sighed and said "Thats it! You're dead". She laughed and took the stance. I came at her and rushed behind her. I was about to tag her but she got ot of my grasp and moved. I got in front of her again and tagged her in the chest. She laughed and said "You cut it a little bit too close there Makou". She rubbed the spot just barely above her bust. I laughed and Yotsuba said "My turn". I nodded and she took the stance then came at me. She fought her way through my defenses. Our staffs were clanging together move after move. I left my self wide open on my side and she tagged me there. I sighed and said "One more time". She nodded and I came after her . I took her for a suprise when I got behind her and tagged her in the back. She thought I was going to attack from above or the front. Yotsuba groaned and said "Damn!". We got some water and I said "See, now you're back to yourselves again! Just spend time with them and leave the whole thing issue alone ok?". They nodded and we talked some more. POV END
Who would have guessed the guys were in Toshiro's office talking about them!

Gin looked at Hisagi and said "What did you say Hisagi?". Hisagi looked at all of them and said "Keiko tried guessing what was going on but she was dead wrong about everything. Also, Gin did you know that Kai was acting when she came into your office to yell at you?". Gin's face turned into a frown and he said "Hmm, she was convincing. Maybe I shouldn't play around the subject with her anymore. All I told her was that were not doing anything wrong and that all were doing is talking with eachother about them". They all looked at Toshiro and he he said defensively "I didn't say anything wrong. I resisted all temptation that she gave. She tried to make feel guilty though and it kinda worked". Gin shook his head and said "You're not supposed to fall for stuff like that. We are to stay strong and not fall into any of their traps". They all nodded and Hisagi said "We technically are hiding something from them though". "True but it's nothing bad. You guys should be more careful though." said Renji. They nodded and Gin said "What time is the next practice" asked Hisagi looking at Toshiro. Toshiro shrugged and said "Right now I guess. Go get your stuff". They nodded and went to get there "stuff'".

What is this 'stuff'?
What practice?
Find out soon!