Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Sun and the Moon ❯ Byakuya Vs. Ichigo ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Sun and the Moon
Story By: Paige Stone
Chapter 2: Byakuya Vs Ichigo
 
Byakuya smirked at Ichigo. “I don't know how many times I've said it boy, but you need to learn your place.”
 
Ichigo chuckled at Byakuya's words, “You think you're so strong, just because you're from such a rich family. No one matters to you, you don't even care that your own sister is going to be executed! You disgust me Kuchiki Byakuya.” Ichigo clenched his sword anger in his narrow eyes.
 
Byakuya just stood there and pulled out his sword. “Like I said you don't know your place boy, Rukia has nothing to do with you nor does her execution. I told you also no matter how much you train it will take years to be at my level.” Byakuya raised his zanpakuto to his face, “Scatter.” His sword turned pink and broke off into petals.
 
Ichigo smirked, “Isn't it about time for you to stop using the same tricks over and over Byakuya? It gets tiring if you haven't noticed.” Ichigo sighed. “And besides I have been preparing and I will defeat you!” Ichigo called out.
 
He watched around him as the sakura petals started to gather around him. When they came in to cut him Ichigo jumped up and dodged the petals. He was careful to make sure that he didn't jump into another attack. He started to cut through the petals as the started to gain up on him quickly.
 
“I can see you have practiced your just a bit faster but you're going to need more than speed to defeat me boy.” Byakuya watched as Ichigo tried to get past the sakura petals to attack Byakuya directly but the petals were one step ahead of him each time.
 
By now Uryu would have run off no? But instead Uryu had hid in time so that Byakuya didn't notice him. He could not do much to help Ichigo considering he had lost all of his Quincy abilities. All he had was a normal bow and arrow but that couldn't do much. `There's got to be a way to help Ichigo. We can't just mess around with Byakuya we don't have the time!' Uryu thought and looked towards the sky. The sun was getting closer to mid-way in the sky. `Rukia's execution will happen soon we have to either defeat Byakuya or get away from him, but how?' Uryu thought.
 
Ichigo kept trying to get a hit on Byakuya but it was no use. Every time he would get close enough the sakura petals blocked him from getting anywhere close to a hit especially a direct one. Ichigo kept trying to look around for a spot to hit him at but it was hard because he couldn't stay still for long or else he would be cut into a million pieces.
 
“What's wrong boy, too fast for you?” Byakuya said.
 
Uryu then got an idea. `If I shoot an arrow at Byakuya on one side and Ichigo attacks him from the other the sakura petals might go to block my attack instead of his, or at least Ichigo might be able to buy the time to get away.' Uryu thought. “Well it's worth a shot.” He mumbled. Uryu raised his bow and arrow he waited until Ichigo was going to attack one side and he would shoot the arrow. `There!' he thought as Ichigo was preparing to attack Byakuya's right side Uryu shot the arrow at his left.
 
-Pnnnnng-
 
His arrow was shot. Ichigo noticed what Uryu planned and took advantage of this opportunity. He stared at Byakuya and then at the arrow, which made Byakuya look towards where he was looking and Ichigo took the chance to escape and go after Rukia.
 
“Hpfm.” Byakuya easily blocked the attack. “You thought that pathetic attempt would help you b-” Byakuya stopped when he realized that Ichigo was nowhere to be seen. `Damn.' Byakuya thought as he turned his zanpakuto back to normal.
 
Rukia was being led up stairs that lead to where she was being executed. `I hope the others made it safely out of the Soul Society.' Rukia thought thinking back to when the Soul Reapers had come to warn Byakuya about the prisoners escape. `Ichigo please don't be rash.' She thought pleading.
 
“Gah!” a man screamed from behind. Rukia jumped from the sudden scream. She couldn't see anything and she couldn't take of the scarf due to her hands being tied behind her back. She heard another man yell “Get back! I'm not scared of you!” then a blade cutting at the man. Rukia fell to the ground frightened of what was happening she felt as though she was blind and could only hear the cries of the Soul Reapers around her.
 
As the last of them fell she felt someone pick her up. Frightened she tried to get him to let go. “Let go! I will not let you take me let go!” Rukia struggled kicking fiercely.
 
“Damnit! Would you stop I'm trying to help you!”
 
Rukia gasped, “I-Ichigo?”
 
“Who else would it be damn you have a hard kick. I think you messed up my jaw.” Ichigo said rubbing his jaw.
 
“Well I'm sorry I can't really see anything I thought you were someone kidnapping me or something.” Rukia apologized a giggle in her voice.
 
“Oh, that reminds me…” Ichigo took the scarf off of Rukia and untied her wrists. “How's that?” he asked.
 
“Much better.” Rukia smiled rubbing her wrists.
 
“Alright enough play time we have to get out of here.” Ichigo said and picked up Rukia again. “Hold on tight!” he ran off and jumped off the cliff.
 
“Ichiiigoooooo!” Rukia screamed holding on as they fell down.