Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Sun and the Moon ❯ Execution Date ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Sun and the Moon
Story By: Paige Stone
Chapter 1: Execution Date
 
Rukia awoke and looked out the small slender rectangle whole. Dawn was coming soon. Rukia sighed and looked up at the ceiling. She knew this day would come and even though her execution date had changed it didn't sadden or shock her much. Since the fact that she didn't think there should be any bloodshed on her account, she deserved to die she should have died by now. But she was still alive.
 
`I don't need to live anymore I should have already died that day…' she thought. `…the day Kaien died, I should have died neither him nor his wife.' She clenched her fist and hit it on the ground tears in her eyes, “No one should die because of me and not one should have to fight for my safety. I don't deserve to live!” Rukia thought out loud.
 
She stopped as she heard the door being unlocked. A man stepped forward as she noticed her brother, Byakuya. Rukia stood up and shook her head to clear her head of thoughts and looked at her brother.
 
“It's time.” Byakuya announced to Rukia.
 
Rukia didn't show any kind of emotion and just nodded. Soul Reapers behind Byakuya step out from behind and walked to Rukia. They each attached the red strings to her color and put a scarf over her head. They tied her hands behind her back then lead her out of the tower.
 
Ichigo was rudely awoken by Uryu vigorously shaking him. “What the hell?!” Ichigo yelled at Uryu rubbing his eyes.
 
Uryu glared at Ichigo then turned pushing his glasses up, “I thought you might want to know that its dawn and Rukia is going to be executed soon that's all I guess you just really don't care then…”
 
Ichigo jumped up and picked up his Soul Reaper kimono top. “You idiot why didn't you wake me up sooner!!” Ichigo dashed toward the Soul Society.
 
Uryu sighed and followed, “He just couldn't say thank you once in a while…”
 
Rukia was lead across the bridge then down some stairs. She could barely see anything in front of her because of the scarf on her head. All she could see was the feet of Byakuya and the other Soul Reapers. As they reached the bottom Rukia could hear the footsteps of a few Soul Reapers.
 
“Captain Kuchiki there's an emergency!” the head of the Soul Reapers said catching his breath.
 
“What is it?” Byakuya said impatiently. “Make it quick we can't miss the execution time.”
 
“That's the issue the prisoners have escaped! All of them are gone and a few Soul Reapers from Squads four, seven, and nine were injured.”
 
Byakuya's eyes widened, “When did they escape?”
 
“About midnight.” The Soul Reaper answered.
 
“What should we do Captain? Do you still want to go through with Rukia's execution?” The Soul Reaper asked.
 
Byakuya stood there but did not answer. “Captain?” the Soul Reaper repeated.
 
Finally Byakuya answered, “This will not stop Rukia from dying continue with the execution I'll go take care of are friends.” Byakuya ordered the men then vanished.
 
“Hey Ichigo can I ask you something?” Uryu asked while he and Ichigo made their way to the tower.
 
“What?”
 
“Where did all the others go Orihime and them?” Uryu asked looking around.
 
“They are somewhere hidden in case if they need to be a distraction for us.” Ichigo replied poking his head around a corner to check if the coast was clear and then started running again.
 
“I see.” Uryu said following Ichigo's movement. He was about to keep going when Ichigo pulled him back against the wall and looked out. “What is it?” Ichigo silenced him with his hand and nodded with his head. Uryu looked out and saw a couple of Soul Reapers. He did not recognize any of them but then one came up it was a Lieutenant, but not just any it was Lieutenant Renji. Ichigo leaned out a bit more so he could hear what they were saying.
 
“Lieutenant! We have not spotted any of the prisoners.”
 
“Damnit! Why am I always stuck with this stupid ass work?!” Renji said and then looked at the Soul Reaper. “Alright I want you to scout out more and look in places they might be able to hide. You three go with him and I'll scout out this way.” He said as he pointed to the other three Soul Reapers that were with him also. They each nodded and said “Right!” and went off.
Ichigo waited until Renji and the others spiritual pressure were further away before heading back to Rukia's execution sight. Right as he ran out someone had blocked his way. Ichigo looked to see Byakuya before him.
 
“You will not pass with out going through me boy.” Byakuya said.
 
Ichigo grunted angrily as he glared at Byakuya. “You will not stop me from saving Rukia!” Ichigo pulled out his sword. His eyes and body shone with a blue spiritual power. “I will defeat you…Byakuya Kuchiki.”