Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Treat-or-Treat ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Treat-or-Treat
Rating: T
Summary: Some of Ichigo’s friends decide to give him a special treat for Halloween. Ichigo K. x Toshiro H.
AN: Starts out in Byakuya’s p.o.v. and then switches to Ichigo’s.
Disclaimer: I make no claim to these characters. They were created by Tite Kubo.


“Brother?”

Byakuya Kuchiki looked up from the papers he was reading to see Rukia poking her head into his office. “Come in.” She looked like she had something on her mind. “What is it?”

She looked perplexed. “I was just wondering if it would be appropriate to give a friend a gift on Halloween?”

Byakuya frowned in thought. “Do you mean that you would like to give this friend a treat?” When she nodded he said “I don’t see why not.”

Rukia relaxed but still seemed to remain tense. “In order to do this I’ll have to trick someone into being the treat.”

Byakuya stared at his little sister warily. “And who exactly are you going to trick?” Rukia looked at him like it was obvious, but when she realized he actually didn’t know she told him.

“I see and who exactly are you going to be treating?”

Rukia told him and added, “It will keep him from annoying you for quite a while.” If Byakuya had been anyone else he would have shivered at the too innocent look on her face. However, since he wasn’t anyone else he thought carefully about Rukia’s words. The prospect of not being bothered for a while was very enticing, buy there were still a few details he needed clarified.
“Where do you plan on this taking place?”

Rukia gave him a surprised look. “Um, well Urahara said he would arrange that.”

“How do you plan on the tricking the treat?”

Rukia looked at him sheepishly as she explained the plan that had been cooked up. When she was finally finished, Byakuya only had one thing to say, “I’ll help.”

Three days later, on the morning of Halloween, the plan was put in motion.


His head hurt. His eyes refused to open.

The last thing he remembered was drinking his first cup of tea for the day. ‘I’ve been drugged.’ The thought swam lazily through his mind. His keen ears picked up the sounds of voices, but his foggy brain failed to understand them.

“Maybe we gave him too much.”

“How does this look?”

“No, don’t use those, try these instead.”

“He looks so cute!!”

Slowly he slipped back into unconsciousness.



When Ichigo woke up that morning it was with a sense of anticipation. After all it was Halloween. However, that thought reminded him of how all of his friends seemed to have made plans that didn’t include him. Frowning, the teen got up and went down stairs to make breakfast. Nobody else was home. His dad had to go to a three day conference, while Yuzu and Karin were spending the weekend with their friends. “First my friends and then my family,” he muttered while eating. ‘I wonder why Rukia was so insistent on me staying here.’ Yesterday Rukia called and told him not to go far from the house. Faced with the idea of having nothing to do, Ichigo decided to take a walk. ‘Maybe I’ll run into one of the gang.’

The weather outside was nice. Ichigo only needed to wear a hooded sweatshirt to remain comfortable. ‘I feel sorry for the people going trick-or-treating tonight.’ The weather was nice now but by evening it would be bloody cold. He wandered around town for an hour or so without seeing any of his friends. Finally he gave up and headed home. Winter would be coming soon. He smiled as his thoughts shifted to a certain wintery captain. ‘I wonder if Renji, Rukia, or the others will come here for Halloween.’

Speaking of Rukia, she had been behaving oddly for the past few weeks. She was definitely hiding something not just from him but Renji as well. Normally the redhead could read their raven haired friend like a book.

As he unlocked the front door Ichigo resigned himself to spending this Halloween alone. When he opened the door he was smacked in the face by a sign. Rubbing his face, the irritated teen glared at the board in front of him. Painted on it was a note written by Rukia. He knew it was her by the awfully drawn rabbit at the end. It read:

Ichigo,

You’re probably rubbing your face right now.
Serves you right for not paying attention to your
surroundings.
Some of us got together and decided that you
deserved an extra special treat for Halloween.
Go upstairs and look in your room.

P.S. Have Fun!!!!

With his curiosity now fully awakened, Ichigo slipped his shoes and sweatshirt off before heading up the stairs. ‘Apparently everybody ditching me isn’t a coincidence.’ On his door knob was another note, but he didn’t recognize the handwriting. This one read:

Please treat this poor, lonely kitty gently.
Soothe his ruffled fur.
He can be quite prickly, but for you
he just might purr.

Previously he was just curious but now he was a little wary. ‘Just what the hell did they do?’ Cautiously he turned the door knob and poked his head into the room. His jaw dropped while his eyes doubled in size. Quietly Ichigo entered his room and stared at his bed.

Curled up on his bed in a dark teal kimono with fuzzy, fake, white cat ears, lay one Toshiro Hitsuguya sound asleep. Unable to comprehend what he was seeing, Ichigo grabbed the desk chair and sat down. While his mind tried to make sense of the situation, Ichigo just watched the person he cared for the most. The kimono showed the Captain’s lithe body well. Toshiro’s white hair was a stark contrast against the dark teal cloth. His breathing was deep and even. The normally tense body was totally relaxed. ‘I don’t want to know how they did this because there is no way he would have agreed to this voluntarily.’ The cat ears were a nice touch making the little captain look like a kitten. Absentmindedly he reached out to caress Toshiro’s face enjoying the feel of the soft skin. Ichigo couldn’t stop the smile that appeared on his face.

Toshiro’s eyes fluttered open as he lazily stretched mimicking a cat perfectly. Ichigo’s guess that he was been drugged was confirmed when Toshiro winced and cradled his head with one of his hands.

“Are you alright?” Ichigo asked softly.

The teal eyes focused on him in surprise. “My head hurts a little but why are you here? Where am I?”

“You’re in my room.” Ichigo answered. He knew exactly what the ice wielder would ask next.

“How did I get here?” Toshiro pushed himself into a sitting position and in the process noticed what he was wearing. “More importantly, why am I dressed like this?”

Ichigo had to stifle his laughter at the look on his love’s face when he found the cat ears. “Why you’re dressed like that, I don’t know. As to how you got here I would venture a guess that Rukia, Rangiku, and probably someone else brought you here.” He couldn’t contain his laughter when the cat ears went flying across the room to hit the wall with a thud. His laughing earned him a glare from the very pissed off captain. His next words certainly did not help the situation, “Why did you do that; they were cute.”

Toshiro growled warningly “Kurosaki, I do not appreciate being made fun of.”

That shut Ichigo up; he would have to wait until Toshiro calmed down to tease him. “They didn’t do this to make fun of you.” He frowned when the white haired captain tried to stand up. “You shouldn’t do that. Whatever they used to drug you is probably still in your system. Besides that where are you going?”

“Why else would they do this; and,” Toshiro said as he fought a dizzy spell, “I’m going back to the Soul Society.”

“You wouldn’t make it there.” Ichigo retorted as he quickly caught Toshiro as he stumbled. Despite the protests he maneuvered the captain back to the bed and got him to sit down. “They did this as a treat for me.”

Startled teal eyes stared at him, “Wh…?”

This was the first time Ichigo had ever seen Toshiro unable to speak. “Rukia’s known for quite a while that I care for you. She probably got fed up with me for not saying anything to you, so she took matters into her own hands. She could have done it differently, though.” The teen rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as Toshiro’s cheeks flushed pink. He almost didn’t catch the prodigy’s quiet question.

“Did you like the treat?” The teal eyes were fixated on the window refusing to look at Ichigo.

Ichigo didn’t care for the past tense that was used. “Don’t I get to enjoy my treat for the rest of the day?” He asked as it dawned on him that the ice wielder hadn’t made too much fuss about being his ‘treat’. The teen sat down on the bed facing the one he loved. The white haired captain refused to look at him. Ichigo’s heart beat quickened as possibilities flashed through his mind. “But wait what if I’m greedy?” That definitely caught the Captain’s attention and he finally looked at Ichigo. The question was clear in the teal eyes.

Ichigo reached out to caress his kitten’s face. “What if I’m so greedy that I want to enjoy my treat long after this day is over. What if I don’t ever want to give my treat up?” Toshiro shivered underneath his gentle, touch, but he didn’t look away. “What does my treat have to say about that?”

Toshiro frowned slightly as he thought. Ichigo patiently waited for the Captain to make a decision. If he pushed too hard then he would scare Toshiro away. Normally patience was not a word associated with Ichigo; however, if that’s what it took to win Toshiro’s heart then he would become the most patient person in the world.

After what seemed like an hour, the frown melted away to be replaced with a look of resignation followed by a sigh. “I don’t have much of a choice if you’re really serious about keeping me.”

Ichigo’s eyes danced with amusement. “True. You might as well give in now because I have no intention what-so-ever of letting you go, ever.” He loved the way Toshiro wasn’t giving in too easily. He grinned when his kitten huffed and crossed his arms.

The small smirk and the mischievous glint in the teal eyes let him know that Toshiro was only teasing as he said, “If it’s the only way to get any peace then I guess I will have to give in.” He said it so mournfully that Ichigo chuckled. “What am I to do?”

Suddenly the teen turned serious. “Once you’re mine I won’t give you up.” It was only fair that he give the Captain fair warning.

Toshiro sighed, “Idiot strawberry. Possessive, idiot strawberry.” He surprised Ichigo by leaning forward to brush his cool lips against Ichigo’s.

It was the sign of acceptance that he had been looking for. He cupped Toshiro’s face with his hands. “Mine,” he murmured before kissing the Captain. When he needed oxygen he pulled away.

“Possessive, Idiot strawberry.” Toshiro repeated, smiling. He then pulled back slightly. “You realize this works both ways, right?” He didn’t give Ichigo the chance to respond. “You’re mine.”

The orange haired teen couldn’t stop the goofy smile that appeared on his face. ‘And he calls me possessive.’ Ichigo wouldn’t have his kitten be any other way, though. Suddenly he pulled his kitten into a tight hug and buried his face in Toshiro’s neck. For the first time in a long time, he felt happy; especially when Toshiro’s arms wrapped around him. There were no words he could use to explain what he felt, knowing that his feelings were returned.

Ichigo felt Toshiro yawn. ‘The drug is still affecting him.’ He moved around until he could lie down pulling Toshiro against his body. This position placed the Captain along his side; his head using Ichigo’s shoulder as a pillow. Within a few minutes they were both asleep.