Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Treat-or-Treat ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Treat-or-Treat
R: T
Summary: Some of Ichigo’s friends decide to give him a special treat for Halloween. Ichigo K. x Toshiro H.
AN: Multiple p.o.v.’s
Disclaimer: I do not make any claim to these characters, they belong to Tite Kubo.

When Toshiro woke up for the third time that day, he was pleased to discover that he no longer felt drugged. The prodigy fully intended on torturing his lieutenant but not right away. Right now he was too busy enjoying Ichigo’s warmth and the feeling of being held possessively. This was something he had never experienced before. It was nice to know that here was someone who saw him, Toshiro, and not the Captain of Squad Ten.

The first time that Ichigo and his friends came to the Soul Society, Toshiro couldn’t have cared less. He was too busy with his own mission. He didn’t meet any of them until much later. The first time he actually met the orange haired strawberry, Rangiku had to keep a tight hold on his haori to keep him from beating the crap out Ichigo. He hadn’t liked how the teen turned his orderly life into a mess.

Oddly enough, Toshiro found himself gradually liking the distraction Ichigo provided. With the Soul Society in a mess and Momo still firmly under Aizen’s influence, Ichigo became the stability that the young Captain badly needed. He doubted Ichigo knew how much he depended on him. The teen didn’t have to do anything just his presence could calm the overstressed Captain. That’s not to say that every now and then he had to resist the desire to beat the strawberry upside the head with Hyorinmaru.

Hyorinmaru thought Ichigo was amusing and either very stupid or very brave for braving his wielder’s wrath. Everyone quickly learned that Ichigo had no fear of being turned into a human-sized, strawberry popsicle. They took advantage of this making Ichigo the unofficial permanent messenger to Squad Ten. The ice dragon thought that the strawberry liked his wielder. Whenever the dragon voiced those thoughts, Toshiro brushed them off because he refused to believe in false hope.

Thankfully the dragon was not saying ‘I told you so.’ However, Toshiro could feel his smugness at being right.

He never thought that Ichigo could ever return his feelings. He placed his hand over Ichigo’s heart the teen’s breathing was even and deep. He lay like that for several minutes. His mind wandered back to their earlier conversation.

“What if I’m so greedy that I want to enjoy my treat long after this day is over. What if I don’t ever want to give up my treat?”

‘Idiot strawberry,’ mused the young Captain. But as pleasant as the earlier events were there was still the little matter of how he got delivered as a ‘treat’. His earlier irritation returned. ‘They drugged me, put me in this kimono, placed cat ears on my head, and dumped me here.’

“Rukia’s known for quite a while that I care for you. She probably got fed up with me for not saying anything to you, so she took matters into her own hands.”

‘Well that certainly explains some of the weird looks she’s been giving me.’ While Toshiro couldn’t do anything about Rukia since she wasn’t on his squad, Rangiku was another matter entirely. Even if the strawberry blonde hadn’t come up with the idea, (though she probably had), she would have been the one who spiked his tea. His irritation morphed into him being downright pissed off.

Toshiro tried to sit up but Ichigo’s arm refused to let him. The teen held him even more firmly, mumbling “Mine.” Toshiro snorted ‘Possessive idiot.’

He eventually managed to turn onto his other side so that now he faced the desk. He smirked when he saw the cell phone and how convenient for him that it was in reach. He had to lean forward to grab it, which apparently Ichigo didn’t like. The teen rolled over, wrapped his other arm around the ice wielder, and pulled Toshiro tightly against his chest. While the aforementioned ice wielder loved the idea of cuddling with his strawberry, right at this minute he had a lieutenant to torture.

He knew Rangiku would be with Rukia and would not have her phone with her because she knew that he would be unhappy when he woke up. Instead, Toshiro scanned through the names until he found Rukia’s and pushed the call button.

“Hello?” Just as he suspected, Rangiku answered her girlfriend’s phone.

“No alcohol for five months.”

“Captain?!” She was definitely surprised to hear his voice.

“You get to do all of the paperwork for the next two weeks. It better be done right. It better be down on time.”

“But Captain!!” she cried.

It could have been worse and he knew she knew it. “Don’t ever pull a stunt like this again, understood?” That wouldn’t stop her.

“Yes, sir.” She said mournfully.

Toshiro sighed “Thanks.”

There was a pause then Rangiku squealed forcing him to hold the phone away from his ear. “You guys are together now? I’m so happy for you!!” The phone was a good five inches away yet he still heard her clearly.

A large hand reached out plucking the phone from his grip and disappeared behind him.
“Hey, thanks. Tell Rukia I really appreciate the wonderful treat.” Ichigo grunted when Toshiro elbowed him in the stomach.
“Come at your own expense. He wasn’t happy when he woke up.” Ichigo paused listening to whatever Rangiku was saying.
Toshiro shivered when warm lips brushed against the back of his neck.
“No not yet, you’re lucky he hasn’t seen that yet. Just tell Rukia thanks and we’ll see you later this evening. Huh?” Ichigo paused, “Oh those, I thought they were cute; but Toshiro threw them at the wall. Okay. Bye.” Ichigo reached over him placing the phone back on the desk.

“How long have you been awake?” Toshiro asked as the arm wrapped around him again. Another kiss was placed against his neck.

“I woke up when you turned around. I’m surprised you weren’t harder on Rangiku.” Hands tugged on his waist forcing him to turn around. Now facing Ichigo, Toshiro felt his face flush at the warm, content look in the strawberry’s eyes. “Sorry about waking you.”

He scrunched his nose when Ichigo leaned forward to kiss his forehead. “I don’t mind as long as you being here becomes a regular occurrence.”

Toshiro frowned and opened his mouth to say that he wasn’t sure how that would work, but Ichigo kissed him. “I know you’ll have to go back but there’s always weekends and holidays; plus I don’t care if you come here or if I have to go there. As long as we’re together, alright?”

Toshiro nodded, “You’ve put some thought into this already.”

Ichigo gave him a lopsided grin, “I fantasized.”

The prodigy rolled his eyes, deciding to change the subject. “Are we expecting company later?”

The warm eyes were definitely amused, “I warned Rangiku, but she insisted that they were coming over. You’re not going to torture her too badly, are you?”

Toshiro gave his strawberry an innocent look, which the teen didn’t seem to buy. “Make sure there is no alcohol in the house. I’m sure that I have plenty of stories to tell Rukia.”

The warm brown eyes widened, “What kind of stories?”

He gave Ichigo a blank look. “Oh, just some stories of her past escapades.”
Ichigo chuckled, “You’re evil.”

Toshiro smirked, “Yet you love me anyways.”

A soft, sweet smile appeared on Ichigo’s face, “Yes, I do.”


Several hours later the two of them finished getting the house ready for their guests. Since he didn’t feel like cooking, Ichigo decided to order pizza later after Rukia and Rangiku arrived. It never occurred to him or anyone else that the raven haired woman and the strawberry blonde would hook up. Well, Toshiro knew it would happen and supposedly was there when it did. The little Captain, however, refused to answer any questions on the subject.

Speaking of Toshiro, the drug still hadn’t completely worn off yet. His kitten was lying on the couch asleep. Ichigo’s heart felt like it would burst from all of the emotions that it contained. While Toshiro hadn’t voiced his feelings; his actions spoke volumes. The teen had thought long and hard about what would happen if the prodigy returned his feelings. He didn’t care how it happened just as long as they got to spend time with each other.

Waking up with Toshiro in his arms had been wonderful. Certainly better than his dreams.

Ichigo glanced up at the clock. ‘They should be here pretty soon.’ As he finished changing into his costume, the teen almost felt sorry for Rangiku–almost. They shouldn’t have drugged him. Originally he hadn’t planned on dressing up but Toshiro talked him into it. Yuzu was a flower fairy, Karin was a dead soccer player, and together they decided he would be a vampire.

‘How original,’ he thought dryly, ‘At least they didn’t make me wear the usual cape and ruffled shirt.’ Instead Yuzu and Karin agreed to let him wear something modern: leather pants, dark burgundy, button-up shirt, and an ankle-length, black coat. Last but not least were the actually real looking fangs. Ichigo frowned at his reflection in the mirror.

He was startled when arms wrapped around his waist. He grinned when Toshiro nuzzled his back, “I thought you were asleep.”

“I was,” Toshiro answered. “You make a handsome vampire. You can bite me anytime.”

Ichigo shivered, “Thanks.” After a lot of convincing, Toshiro still wore the kimono. After several kisses, he grudgingly put the car ears on. He not only looked adorable but hot as hell. Ichigo swallowed, redirected his thoughts from what they could be doing, and suddenly wasn’t too sure about letting anyone else see his kitten dressed like this.

Apparently his apprehension showed on his face because Toshiro asked, “What’s wrong?”

“I’m not so sure I want you wearing that when they get here.”
Toshiro rolled his eyes, “So you want me to be naked instead?” He smirked when Ichigo’s face darkened. “Possessive strawberry.” He reached up and pulled Ichigo down so he could kiss the scowling teen.

Ichigo growled, pulling Toshiro tightly against him. He deepened the kiss causing Toshiro to moan softly. Finally his body decided that it needed oxygen, forcing him to pull away. “Mine.” That made Toshiro smirk again.


Thirty minutes later Rukia and Rangiku finally arrived. Rangiku was dressed up as a French maid while Rukia was dressed like that stupid rabbit she liked. Ichigo noticed that Rangiku kept looking around warily. He hid his grin when Rukia offered to help get drinks ready in the kitchen. “If you want. Who else is coming?”

Rangiku answered absentmindedly, “Orihime, Urdu, and Chad. Renji and the others are out on patrol duty.”

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Rukia was talking to Toshiro.

The Captain could tell she was nervous around him. “Did Rangiku ever tell you about the time she got drunk and locked herself out of her room?”

“No.” Rukia answered with curiosity.

“She skipped out on doing her paperwork again instead she spent the day with Yumichika drinking.” He told her. “It was about midnight when she returned and discovered she had locked herself out.” Rukia was now grinning. “Earlier in the day I had to leave the office early due to a horrible headache, leaving a huge pile of paperwork on the desk. When Rangiku couldn’t get into her room, she decided to sleep on the couch in the office. That’s a normal occurrence.” Rukia nodded definitely interested. “At four a.m. she woke the entire squad, screaming that the paper monster was going to get her.” Rukia’s eyes widened comically and she burst out laughing.

Toshiro grinned evilly internally, “Then there was the time she was drunk and thought the hell butterflies were stalking her.” He didn’t think Rukia’s eyes could get any wider. Rangiku had always been his lieutenant so he had years to collect blackmail material. “Of course, I can’t forget the time she convinced herself that Izuru and Renji would make a cute couple…”

In this case revenge was oh so sweet.

Fifteen minutes had passed since Rukia had disappeared into the kitchen. Plenty of time for Orihime, dressed a zombie princess; Uryu, a scarecrow; and Chad, a mummy, to arrive. Plenty of time for Rangiku to become extremely nervous the longer her Captain waited to make his appearance. When the other three asked her what was wrong she tried to (and failed) brush it off. Ichigo only grinned when they turned to him for answers.

Suddenly everyone could hear Rukia laughing hysterically from the kitchen. A look of horror appeared on Rangiku’s face three seconds before she dashed into the kitchen. Ten seconds passed before they all heard Rangiku wail, “CAPTAIN!!!!”

Toshiro walked out of the kitchen supporting a still laughing Rukia with a satisfied smirk on his face.

“Captain, how could you?!!” Rangiku wailed again.

Orihime, Uryu, and Chad decided it was in their best interests not to ask about what was going on. They also decided not to ask about Toshiro’s costume. Thankfully the pizza arrived just then and Uryu started a horror movie he had brought.

Halfway through the movie Orihime saw something that made her want to squeal but she stifled the urge. She poked Uryu in the side and caught Chad’s attention, motioning towards the couch.

Ichigo had his arms firmly wrapped around Toshiro, who was curled up against the teen’s chest.

Orihime smiled when she saw that the Captain was sleeping. However, her smile faded to be replaced with worry when she remembered Ichigo mentioning that Toshiro had been sleeping a lot today. Ichigo caught her watching them and smiled causing her to relax a little. If Ichigo wasn’t freaking out then there was nothing to be worried about. Turning back to the movie Orihime cuddled against Uryu.

Ichigo wasn’t all that surprised when Orihime caught on to the fact that there was something no quite right with Toshiro. He knew that later she would demand to know what was wrong. Movement from the corner of his eye caught his attention. Rukia was still very much amused by whatever his kitten had told her while Rangiku looked awful.

He still wasn’t happy about the fact that they drugged Toshiro. However, he wouldn’t argue with the results. They may not have gone trick-or-treating or gone to some lively party; however, this was the best Halloween ever. He tightened his arms around Toshiro and smiled when his kitten mumbled something about possessive strawberries.