Boys Over Flowers Fan Fiction ❯ You Want Me To Be What?? ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: You Want Me to Be What? (2/?)
Author: Makoto Sagara
Series: Hana Yori Dango (Boys over Flowers)
Archive: afallenangel-dot-net-slash-makotosagara, fanfiction-dot-net, Foreverfandom-dot-net; anywhere else, please ask first.
Pairings: Tsukasa/Tsukushi, Rui +Tsukushi, Akira + Shigeru, Kazuya/Sakurako, others will pop up
Warnings: Heterosexual pairings, language, violence, angst, sap, based off the manga
Rating: 15 and up (T+)
Disclaimers: Hana Yori Dango is the property of Yoko Kamio, the publishing company of the manga, and all the television companies that produced the anime. I make no money from this. In fact, I have no money. I just can't get my stupid muses to leave me alone after a month and I'm caving into their insanity…
Notes: Thanks to Chroma for pointing out the fact that I messed up Akira's family name towards the end in the first chapter. And, also, yes, I listed Het pairings and based of the manga as warnings. First, of all, I normally write slash/yaoi and secondly, I've seen too many fics based off the anime. Bleh.
Summary: Tsukushi's four years without Domyoji are up. After all of the good things that happened to her since her senior year at Eitoku Gakuen, will his reappearance change things? And why is his whole family in tow? What does his mother have in plan for Tsukushi that could change her life for good? (This is based off the manga ending, not the anime ending.)
"We're going to be married!"
Sakurako and Yuuki squealed with joy and the other three girls spent the rest of the plane ride talking about all the plans that Shigeru and her mother were already putting into play. For some reason, I couldn't really get excited about her news, although I was happy for her. Maybe it was because part of me knew that had I not been in the picture, the wedding that Shigeru was talking so animatedly about would have been to Domyoji. That thought made me a bit ill-at-ease. Or maybe a part of me was still dwelling on the unreal marriage proposal of so many months ago.
"You aren't going to join them in the talk?" Hanazawa Rui asked, coming and taking the spot that had been vacated by Nishikado as I seemed to zone out into my own thoughts. I looked across the aisle and saw that Nishikado and Mimasaka were quietly talking amongst themselves. Kazuya and Junpei seemed rather quietly talking to one another as well. "Makino, are you alright?"
"I'm fine, Hanazawa Rui. Just a little… tired," I said, forcing a small smile.
"Yes, waking up at six am is a bit much," he said. "However, I remembered that today is your birthday." He handed me a small box covered in red velvet. Cautiously, I opened it up and saw a beautiful gold chain with a small diamond pendant. "Don't look at me like that. Tsukasa called me and asked that the three of us get you a gift for your birthday. That's what we decided on, with Shigeru's help."
Blinking, I closed my mouth and gave him a real smile. "It's beautiful."
"It's a bit small, but Shigeru thought that anything bigger would be too much." Hanazawa Rui sighed heavily and leaned his head against the back of the chair. "Wake me up before we land, Makino."
"Okay," I said, carefully putting on the chain and pulling the pendant up to stare at the gleaming stone. This was the second piece of jewelry that Tsukasa had given me. The gorgeous Saturn pendant he gave me last year was at home, in my brand new jewelry box, locked up safe and sound. "Sometimes, you're too much," I whispered, smiling happily to myself.
As soon as the plane landed, the guys ushered us into a few cars, out of the cold and crisp Canadian air, intent on getting us to Tsukasa's house as soon as possible. Yuuki, Hanazawa Rui, Junpei, and I were in one car, while Mimasaka, Nishikado, Shigeru, Sakurako, and Kazuya piled into the other car. I spent the three hour car ride enjoying the company of my friends and the beautiful scenery. I was trying to stop the pounding of my heart at the expectancy of meeting Domyoji again.
Before I knew it, the cars were stopping in front of the gorgeous villa, and servants were coming out of it to take our luggage inside. Not surprisingly, Tsukasa wasn't waiting for us outside. However, I knew where he would be. And it looked like the others did as well, for they were all chattering as they walked inside. I stopped and looked around at the large, colonial styled mansion and smiled faintly at it.
"Are you thinking about last year?"
"A little," I said, turning my gaze to Hanazawa Rui's amused face. "I'm just glad that Asai and those other girls aren't here this year."
"Yes, I thought that Sakurako and Tsukasa were going to kill them."
"Yes, well, you're the one who threw water on them and called them murderers."
He chuckled darkly and walked inside. "Better not keep him waiting. You know what he's like."
I did, but I still couldn't stop the hammering in my chest and the dryness in my mouth. I think my legs were even trembling. I hadn't seen him in so long that I didn't know if I could gather up enough courage to make it up the stairs and inside that disgustingly large house to see its master. Squaring my shoulders and taking deep breaths, I forced one foot in front of each other and slowly made my way inside.
"Makino!"
There he was, his tall, commanding presence filling my view and demanding that I look at him. He looked the way I remembered him, long legs in comfortable jeans, a warm sweater hugging his broad chest and shoulders, and his ridiculous hairstyle still forcing that you look at his handsome face, which was twisted into a look of annoyance, aimed at me, no doubt. I smiled at him, my face blushing as I took in all of him, but, before I knew it, I was crying and I couldn't stop.
"Tsu-tsukushi?" He sounded worried and scared as he wrapped his strong arms around me, enveloping me in the smell of his expensive cologne and the feel of his body. Something stirred in me, a yearning I think, that I hadn't felt before, as he held me. Scared, but overwhelmingly happy, I pulled away and wiped the tears from my face.
"I missed you, Domyoji Tsukasa."
He crushed me close to him once again, leaned over, and gently kissed me. "I missed you too, Tsukushi," he whispered, returning to kissing me. Slowly, my arms wrapped around his back, and the kiss deepened, the yearning in me growing larger and louder. The more it demanded my attention, the harder I held onto Tsukasa and deepened our kiss.
"Oh, here you two are," Nishikado said merrily, forcing the two of us to break apart and catch our breaths. "Please, don't let us interrupt you, but you might want to take that upstairs." He gave us a lecherous smile that made me blush from my toes to the tips of my hair.
"Don't you know anything about timing, Soujiro?" Tsukasa yelled as he kicked Nishikado in the shin.
"Don't you know that you shouldn't make out with your girlfriend in the middle of the hallway, idiot?"
"Shut up," Tsukasa shot back before turning to me. The little vein above his right eye had popped out and was throbbing, but his eyes were gentle. "I'll show you to your room, Makino."
Thoughts of the last time he said that swam to my mind, also followed by the events that happened shortly thereafter, but I forced them back and fell into step beside Tsukasa. Unconsciously, our hands met and his fingers laced around mine. His hand was comfortably warm and strong, easily engulfing my smaller hand. I suppose that was how our relationship seemed at first, him hot and strongly trying to win me over any way he could, and me trying to run away from being swallowed up. His persistent and nearly conflicting actions finally won me over, drowning out the thought of being with anyone but Domyoji Tsukasa.
I stopped short as we reached the door to a room, trying desperately not to slam into Tsukasa's broad back. Looking up, I could see his big brown eyes staring at me. "What? Is there something on my face?" I asked, trying to sound as if I was joking and hoping that he wouldn't get upset. Needless to say, I was mildly surprised when he gently cupped my face and placed a sweet and soft kiss on my lips. "What was that for?"
"I missed you," he whispered, one hand winding around my back. The other bent my knees and before I knew it, he was carrying me, bridal style, into the room. I hadn't even noticed when the door had opened, but Tsukasa took great pains to make sure he didn't bang my head or feet against the door frame. He gently set me down on my own feet and felt my heart stop and nearly break out of pure joy.
A large king-sized bed was surrounded by red roses and baby's breath. I could only assume that those were either red silk or Egyptian cotton sheets, but the candles and flowers with the canopied bed brought tears to my eyes. "Beautiful," I whispered, feeling his arms wrap around me from behind.
"Not as beautiful as you."
"Hardly. I've been flying for hours and I didn't even get a chance to dress appropriately before I was hauled out of my bed this morning," I protested.
"Tsukushi," he growled. The sound of his voice made my knees weak and my heart kick start by fluttering in my chest. "Shut up, woman!" I couldn't even put up any sort of resistance as he turned me around in his arms and his lips met mine again. Just being with him made all time and space seem to stop, and before I could even blink, we were laying on the bed, hands all over one another.
There was a time - not so long ago - that I would have fought to get him off of me, but as I laid there, kissing him, I realized that this was exactly where I wanted to be. We were alone and together finally after months of separation. I just prayed that there wouldn't be any interruptions, like the F3, Tsubaki-nee-san, or anything of the sort. "Did you lock the door," I asked as my hands fumbled to push his sweater over his head.
"Of course," he whispered into my neck, his teeth gently nibbling as his hands deftly unbuttoned my shirt.
"Good." I didn't even blush that time as his hand found its way under my bra to begin gently massaging my breast.
"Where is Tsukushi?" Kazuya called from the hallway.
"Shut up, Kazuya. You're so stupid. I don't even know why I let you hang around someone as perfect as myself," Sakurako yelled.
The little exchange in the hallway seemed to deflate Tsukasa's mood, and he just dropped down next to me on the bed. Unfortunately, that was not what I wanted at the time and I was rather cross about being disturbed yet again. I grumbled as I rolled over to put my head on his chest, but the sound of his beating heart near my ear and the warmth of his body finally lulled me into a restful sleep.
I woke up many hours later, Tsukasa next to me slumbering peacefully. I took the opportunity to study his handsomely innocent face. While the features that I knew and loved were there, so were dark circles that I hadn't noticed before. I guess that his hectic life of working and meetings and college courses were making little time for restful sleep for him. I could feel a tightening in my chest and other parts of my body as I just watched him, but I didn't want to wake him up and I was no longer sleepy. Carefully, I extracted my legs from his, dressed in clean clothes, washed my face and straightened my hair before walking downstairs to the large living room.
"Makino-senpai!" Sakurako yelled, as she was one of the two who were facing the door as I entered. It seems that the only ones missing from the gathering were Rui and Tsukasa. Akira and Shigeru were on one couch. The other held Nishikado, Yuuki and Junpei, while Sakurako and Kazuya sat clumsily next to one another on the loveseat that faced the door.
"I guess that Hanazawa Rui is off sleeping somewhere?" I smiled at the others as I said that.
"You know what that guy is like, Makino," Akira said, stretching out his long legs onto the coffee table and winding his arm around Shigeru. "All he does is sleep."
"It looks like you are comfortable with one another," I said, sitting on the other side of my friend.
"Well, even if it is a prearranged marriage, and we may not love one another, at least we are comfortable with the other person," she answered, smiling over at Akira. "Besides, not all of us are as lucky as you to get the person that we love."
I blushed at that statement, a happy smile crossing my face at the same time. "I suppose that I am lucky."
"Damn right, you are," called a familiar voice, laced with what I knew was irritation. "Don't you all look so cozy, sitting here?" Tsukasa had on clean clothes and was over to me in a few long strides. "Why did you leave?"
"You were sleeping so soundly. I didn't want to wake you."
"So, does this mean you two finally did it?" Soujiro asked from the next couch. Looking around Domyoji, I could see everyone else in the room staring at us - even Junpei.
"Wo-would you just shut the hell up?" Tsukasa yelled, moving over to try and kick Soujiro, yet again.
"You're so damn violent, Tsukasa," his friend yelled back, his fist moving up to hit him back.
"Anyway," Yuuki said sweetly, "it's still December 26th, which means it's still Tsukushi's birthday! What are we going to do?"
Tsukasa and Soujiro broke up their little spat long enough to look over at me. "What?" I asked softly. "Have I got something on my face?"
"Not really," Hanazawa Rui said sleepily as he wandered his way into the living room as well.
"It's a shame that Ayano-san and Amakusa-san couldn't be here as well," Yuuki said.
"But Kin-san couldn't take that much time off from his new sushi restaurant," I replied.
"I know," she said, sighing heavily. "But, if they were here, then it would be everyone and could have a huge party."
"We can have a huge party anyway," Junpei replied. I think until that point, Tsukasa had just blocked out his very presence, but there was no denying that he noticed him at that point.
"Who invited you, model?" he growled.
I jumped up from the couch and placed a hand on Tsukasa's chest. "I did. Everything is alright. He is our friend, and I wanted him to be here, along with Kin-san and Ayano-san, for my birthday. You don't mind, do you?" He looked down at me and his anger seemed to melt off his face.
"I guess not," he grumbled, walking over to the windows. "Should we go snowboarding?"
"It's too late for that," Akira said. "Besides, the weather report is calling for heavy snow tonight. We don't want a repeat of last year…"
"What happened last year?" Kazuya asked.
"Don't ask stupid questions," Sakurako said, elbowing him in the stomach.
"Actually," I said, blushing yet again, "I'm a little hungry after everything. The airline food wasn't all that great."
"Yeah, you'd think being on a private Domyoji jet, they could have at least served better food," Soujiro said.
"Are you trying to piss me off," Tsukasa growled, the little vein above his right eye popping up again.
"Everyone relax. Tsukushi's not the only one who's hungry. We were all just waiting for the three of you to finally join us before trying to get some food," Shigeru said, jumping up from the couch. "Now that everyone's awake, dinner time!" She grabbed my arm and dragged me out to the dining room.
I laughed at her antics, trying to get free from her strong grip along the way. "It's okay, Shigeru. You're going to make me crash into a wall or something. Slow down."
"Sorry, Tsukushi. I just can't take it when they argue like that. Makes me wonder how they've been friends for so long."
"Sometimes, I wonder myself, but then they are always there for each other when one of them needs something."
"True. True," she said, sitting down at the dining room table and patting the chair at the head. "You should sit here since you are the guest of honor. And I'll sit next to you on your left. Yuuki-chan can sit on your right. Akira will sit next to me. Soujiro can sit next to Yuuki….." She started rambling off the seating arrangements as everyone else followed us into the room.
And so, my 18th birthday passed with a huge dinner, lots of fabulous presents, and lots of drinking late into the night. There was this huge cake made for me by Tsukasa's servants that made Shigeru and Yuuki squeal in joy, and I must admit that it was rather impressive, but it resembled a wedding cake a bit too much for my tastes. However, it was delicious when Tsukasa brought me the first slice.
After everyone had passed out on the floor of the living room, I wandered out onto the back balcony and watched as the snow slowly fell around the house. I was hardly surprised when warm, strong arms wrapped around me.
"If you're not careful, you'll catch a cold again," Tsukasa said with a hint of irritation in his otherwise smooth voice.
"I wasn't planning on staying out here that long," I replied. "Did you hear the news about Akira and Shigeru?"
"Of course. As the heir to the Domyoji Empire, things as important as the engagement of a rival heir was told to me," he said, his chest puffing out. "Besides, Akira called me, depressed, when his parents told him."
"Truthfully, I never thought that those two would agree to something like that. I was so sure that Shigeru would find someone who she genuinely loved to marry, and that Akira would run away as fast as possible from that arrangement."
"They certainly seem like an odd couple."
"What about Sakurako and Kazuya?" I said, turning around and burying my head into his chest.
"I saw that happening last year, even though you seemed to not notice it."
"R-really? …It took me a long time to even notice that Kazuya had feelings for me, other than friendship."
"You really are dense," he said, a smile in his voice. "But that's one of the reasons I love you."
I punched him lightly in the arm, snuggling even closer as I did so. "Well, excuse me for having a hard time for even identifying my own feelings, let alone anyone else's. But, those two look like a master and pet, not really boyfriend and girlfriend."
"True. She says jump and he can't keep up fast enough, from what the others have told me."
"Oh, by the way, Sumusu says hello and wonders when you'll be back to Japan. It seems he misses his Domyoji-nii-san."
"How is he?"
"He's fine. He loves his first year of high school and he's rather happy that our parents let him go to a regular school, instead of enrolling him at Eitoku."
"And does his older sister miss anything in particular?"
"Of course I miss you, you idiot," I said, pulling away from him and feeling a hot blush cross my face.
"Good," he said, pulling me back into the house. We carefully tiptoed around the others as they lay sprawled all over the place and snuck up to our room.
As soon as the door was closed and audibly locked, our hands took on a life of their own, undressing each other as our lips met over and over. I wish I could say that my first time was absolutely perfect, but there was pain and blood and it was over way too soon. I really couldn't see the big deal that was made by everyone else over sex. However, after much touching and kissing and whispering to one another, we were making love - slower and gentler this time, less desperate. All I remember was this amazing feeling of floating and the feel of his body inside and around me as my whole body shook. I know that Tsukasa climaxed again, and it felt so strangely wonderful to be held by him as every muscle in my body seemed to melt.
All I heard before sleep overtook me again was the sound of his voice whispering in my ear "I love you."