Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ I hope fate is on my side ❯ Not doing so well ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
A/N: Thanks for the review. I've decided to update sooner than I thought. Enjoy!!
Disclaimer: I don't own Daa! Daa! Daa! or Card captor Sakura
 
 
Recap<<<His worst fear was confirmed… The room was completely empty. Miyu was nowhere in sight. All her belongings had also vanished without a trace…. Kanata dropped to his knees and stared at the empty room “Miyu, where are you……?”>>>
 
Chapter 2
Not doing so well
 
Just then, the phone began to ring. Kanata didn't seem to hear it so Christine picked it up. “Hello..?” she muttered timidly.
“Hi. I'm Miki, Miyu's mom. Is Kanata home?”
Christine thrust the receiver at Kanata and whispered, “It's Miyu's mom….”
 
Kanata took it hesitatingly. He was shivering and sweating profusely. What was he going to tell Miyu's mom? That he was sorry and that he had no idea where her only daughter was? He was supposed to `protect' Miyu, not let her disappear like that.
“He..ll..o?” he stammered.
“Kanata, I just called to tell you how thankful I am!!” said Miki, cheerfully.
“Thankful? What do you mean?” asked a very confused Kanata.
 
“For taking care of Miyu, of course. I'm so sorry we had to drag her off on such short notice. You can come and visit us anytime and you can bring all of your other friends as well.” said Miki.
“You mean to say that you were the one who took Miyu away?” asked Kanata.
“Of course it was me, you silly boy. Did you think she was abducted by aliens or something? I'm so sorry to make you so worried” replied Miki.
“Me? Worried? Nah!! As a matter of fact, I was just thinking that she might have gone back home” lied Kanata. “Phew, she's alright. For a second there, I thought I had lost her for good.”
“I'll ask Miyu to call up when we reach home .Ok? Bye!!” asked Miki.
“Bye!” concluded Kanata.
 
Christine heaved a sigh of relief. “Thank goodness!! She gave us such a fright. She could have told us about it. But I guess we can't blame her. She must have been terribly upset, the poor girl.”
 
Just then, Nozomu came running inside the house shouting, “LITTLE MIYU!! Where are you?” His eyes fell on the girls. “Oh…. Nanami, Aya, Christine. What a wonderful surprise! Please take this. ”he said, handing them each a beautiful red rose.
“How did he know that Miyu was missing?” whispered Kanata to Santa.
“Well actually, I had called him on the way here using Christine's cell phone. I figured if there were more people, we would be able to find her faster.” replied Santa.
Nozomu, who was dancing around, suddenly remembered why he had come there and yelled, “WHERE'S MY `LITTLE MIYU'?”
Nanami cut in “No need to get all excited. Miyu's fine. Her parents had come here earlier and she has gone back home with them.”
“You mean to say that she has gone back!!!? Nooooooo..” cried out Nozomu.
 
 “Anyway, we didn't get to say a proper goodbye. Why don't we all go to meet her this Saturday? We do know where her house is after all.” suggested Christine.
“That's a great idea!!” everyone chorused.
Aya and Nanami left soon afterwards. But Santa, Christine and Nozomu stayed back.
“Do you want me to stay here tonight?” asked Santa.
“Huh…..Why?” questioned Kanata.
“Well, I thought you might want some company. You'd be `all alone' here otherwise” replied Santa.
 
`All alone'… `All alone' ... Kanata's eyes opened wide as the words kept repeating itself inside his head. That was when the realization donned on him. `His' Miyu was no longer there. She had actually gone back to her home. He had always thought that parting with Miyu would be a bit difficult…. but never did he think that it would be so unbearable. He was not at all prepared for this day. He felt like he was pierced in the heart by a thousand burning arrows.
 
He turned away and bowed his head, hiding his face. “Yes, please stay over. I'd really appreciate it, Santa.” he choked. “That's great!!” declared Santa, happily (clearly not noticing anything. What ever happened to that `kind and considerate' Santa?)
 
However, there was one person who noticed this sudden change in Kanata…. Christine.
 
 
Meanwhile, on a train an another part of Japan,
 
“We'll be there in about two hours, Miyu.”
Miyu, who was idly gazing out of the window jerked her head around and said “Two hours? What do you mean? Our stop is coming up next.”
 
“No dear, the next stop isn't ours anymore. Your father and I have got another surprise for you!” replied Miki happily.
“Not another one! I've had enough of surprises for one day, thank you very much!!” Miyu replied angrily.
Miki studied her daughter's face intently for a while and slowly turned away, looking hurt. Miyu's features softened as she realized how rude she had just acted.
“Sorry.” she mumbled.
Miki turned to her and said, “No. I'm the one who is supposed to say sorry. I never spent much time with you. I was always busy with my work. I never considered asking your opinion about anything. I sent you off to Saionji temple, a place you didn't even know. You must have faced so many difficulties all by yourself. But now, things are going to change. I promise I'll never send you away to Heiomachi or any other place for that matter. We've got a new home in Tomoeda. We'll be staying there from now on. You can be with us…. just as you always wanted.”
 
“Tomoeda? But I…… never mind.” Miyu muttered.
It was no use explaining things to her mother now. About two years earlier, she would have been the happiest person on earth if she could be with her parents always. (Considering the fact that she was left alone most of the time.)
But now, things were different. She would love to be with her parents…. But, she would love it even more to be with Kanata, baby Luu and Wanya. She loved them all so much but they had all been taken away from her. After Luu and Wanya left, she was able to smile again only because of Kanata. He was always by her side
 
He was the only one who truly knew how much she cared for Luu.
That fateful day, when Wanya had announced that he and Luu had to return to planet Otto, only Kanata had understood how heart-broken she felt. She remembered how she had run into his arms that day and cried, confessing that she didn't want them to be separated. He had comforted her and had given her the strength to say `Fare well' to Luu and Wanya. Now, she had to bear all the sadness by herself. There was no more Kanata to help her anymore….. and she was not sure whether she could live with that.
 
 
Back at Heiomachi,
 
Nozomu and Christine left Saionji temple together. On the way, Nozomu noticed that Christine still looked troubled and asked quietly, “Is something the matter, Christine?”
She continued walking and did not reply. Nozomu sighed and walked behind her. There was no use pestering her for an answer.
If she wanted to, she would tell him what was troubling her. Suddenly, she stopped walking. Nozomu came to a halt a few paces behind her.
 
“I never realized….” she blurted out.
“Realized what?” asked Nozomu softly.
“The very fact that Kanata was so in love with Miyu!! All this time, I was blind. I failed to see what was going on. I thought that I was the only one who truly loved him and that only I knew the true meaning of love…But I was wrong!”
 
She paused for a second before continuing, “All I ever cared about was me and my feelings. I never thought about Kanata's feeling. Not even once. Whenever I saw Miyu and Kanata together, I'd go berserk. This is because one corner of my heart was telling me that those two were perfect for each other and another corner of my heart was telling me that Kanata should be mine and mine alone. No matter how perfect they looked together, I'd interfere and spoil everything for them.”
 
“I'm so selfish!” she concluded tearfully.
 
“No, you are not…”
Christine slowly turned around and looked at Nozomu. He walked up to her and gently wiped away the tears from her cheek. He smiled warmly and said, “Don't cry. You look beautiful when you're smiling.”
Christine seemed really confused. She had never seen him behave like this before.
He continued, “And what's this, about you being selfish? For one thing, I know that you are one of the kindest people I know….”
But before he knew it, she had jumped into his arms and was crying her heart out.
 
Nozomu looked slightly taken aback. But he recovered soon enough and wrapped his arms around her protectively. After a while, she calmed down a bit.
 
He said softly, “Don't go blaming yourself for things you haven't done. All this while, you thought that you were in love with Kanata. But I think the truth is that you were never sure about your feelings. You `respect' him. You respect him because he is smart, popular, good-looking and he excels in everything he does….. But, because he is a boy, you mistook the feeling of `respect' for `love'…. And you behaved like any other girl in love.”
 
Christine gasped. Now that she thought about it, she realized that he was right. She never `loved' Kanata… she `respected' him. She felt depressed because she came to know this truth only now. For more than two years, she had thought that she was in love with him. But now that the truth was starting to sink in, she was feeling better already.
 
“You know…All this while, I was pretending to have a crush on Miyu. I knew that Kanata was the boy of her dreams. I wanted him to be jealous and confess his feelings to her . But I guess I too made things worse for them. It's not easy to `pretend' to have a crush on a girl like Miyu. It's easier to actually have a crush on her…I guess whatever I told you applies to me as well.” confessed Nozomu.
 
Christine smiled. Nozomu really knew what was going on inside a girl's heart (even things she herself didn't know)
She tilted her head up and gazed at his face intently. How come she had never noticed how incredibly handsome he was? He was so cute….
 
Suddenly, she became aware that they were standing so close to each other (which is an understatement because they were practically hugging each other). She blushed like crazy and broke away from him. Her heart was beating really fast. She had never felt this way before….not even around Kanata.
 
“What's the matter, Christine?” asked Nozomu.
“Nothing…. Nothing at all… I have to get going. Thanks for everything!! BYE!!” she said and zoomed off at super speed.
Wow, that girl has super human powers!” thought Nozomu (sweat drop) and he slowly made his way back home.
 
Little did he know that this was the beginning of a beautiful relationship…
 
A/N: I'm sorry that I couldn't fit the card captor gang in just yet…but I promise they will show up in the next chapter. Hope you liked this chapter…