Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Nadesico Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Project A-Ko Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Official Anime World Tournamet! ❯ Opening Ceremony ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi! Here's Chapter 2, Opening Ceremony!

It had been 12 hours since all the anime characters had opened their letters. And it had been 12 hours since time had stopped. Bags were packed, machines were prepped for launch and monsters had been trained. Children were exited and nervous about leaving their frozen parents, adults were jumpy, hoping that nothing would happen while they were gone. And the teenagers couldn't give a stuff-they just wanted to fight. Specified clouds came down and took the characters up to the location of The Anime Society- Cumulus Mountain. It was huge! The dorms were quite large-they had to be, in order to house the 52 competitors. Then, next to them, was the marketplace, a bonanza for any anime character. The ones that were unfortunate enough to miss out with fighting were showing off their powers in the Market Square and making a few bucks too. There were cafés, bars, clothing stores, the lot. There was a Monster Checkup Center, where Nurse Joy & Joe were waiting to check Pokemon and Digimon alike. There was a Lost and Found and a Police Station. Officer Jenny & Mihoshi were prepared to throw out any troublemakers on the President's command.

Then, there was the arena. There was only the one ring inside, but it had to be big enough for even the Eva's. The stands were so tall, they made Mount Everest look like a sparrow standing next to an osterich. And it was garunteed that every seat was taken. The Commentator's Box was high up, yet with the help of anime magic, the commentators could see each fight as if they were watching it from the front row. It would be quite an event, and the characters were sure to enjoy themselves.

The competitors all arrived at the same time & were greeted by a young lady. She had purple hair that came to her bum, and buns like Reenee from Sailor Moon. She resembled Reenee from Sailor Moon, but was very different. She was 14, she wore a tight V-necked shirt with no sleeves & black bike pants. Her belt bore a silver buckle, she wore black, knee-high boots. Her belt had two holsters (one on each side of her) with two whopping guns. She held up her hands for silence & despite the varying ages, she got it.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. I'm sure most of you will be nervous about fighting like this for the first time. However, the crew from Dragonball Z…" at this, she waved a hand over to the Dragonball Z characters and they waved nervously. "Are quite used to this so if you have any questions, you might want to ask them. Here are the rules outside of battle. Any bouts must stay inside the ring. Any fighting outside it & you may end up with a heavy disqualification from any fighting. Anyone fooling around in relation to the dorms, AKA, setting someone else's dorm room on fire," she eyed a few characters here, `Will also result in a disqualification at the most. Curfew is 11 o'clock. Anyone outside after this must have a valid excuse or else. You may visit other dorms. Girls can visit other girls any time. Same with boys. However, boys seeing girls against girl wishes will result in a penalty. And vice versa. If there are any problems resulting with your dorm mates, please report to the Head Office in the marketplace. You all should have gotten nametags. I advise that you have them on all the time." At this, everyone started to get their envelopes out of pockets and pin the tags onto their torsos. "And finally, don't forget that you're all here to make friends. So swap phone numbers and addresses. Have fun." The girl beamed. "Now, any questions?" About 4 hands went up. The girl pointed to the first one, which belonged to a little girl.

"Yes, Ms. Sakura Avalon?" Sakura put her hand down and called out,

"You said Curfew was 11 o'clock. Do we have to be asleep by then?"

"No. Since we feel you are all responsible enough to be here, we also feel you can set your own bedtime. However, you should plan a good time so you're not bleary eyed & tired for your matches. Next?" She pointed to a male this time. Brock yelled,

"Miss, can I get your phone number? And are there any more girls like you?" A lot of the guys snickered at this, but Brock stayed his goofy-eyed self. Misty punched him in the arm.

"Jerk." She muttered. The purple-haired girl was quite ticked, but she held back her rage.

"No, you may NOT have my phone number, and yes, there are 5 more of us. But one of them is a GUY, so watch who you ask for phone numbers." Now everyone had a good chuckle, wondering which poor sap would have to battle this miserable guy first. Now, Yolei Inoue called out,

"Miss? Are we allowed in dorm rooms of our gender after curfew?"

"All the Female rooms are connected by doors. Same with the males. I said if you're caught outside after curfew, so yes, it's allowed." The last person, Shinji Ikari, asked how would they know what was happening on the 3 days they would be there. The girl, who's name was Reenee Akagi, said that there would be a time table in each dorm & that even if you didn't read it, the intercom & screen in each room would update every 15 minutes. She then read out the dorm plans…

"When I call your name, please come up to the front. For the Teenage Girls, Sora…uh, can't pronounce last name, Digimon." Sora came out & a few guys went googoo. James let out a catcall and Gary Oak called out,

"Hey, gorgeous! Come around to my dorm for a while!" Sora blushed & Matt Ishida looked like he was gonna roll heads.

"Misty, Jessie, Pokemon." The two came out and now Izzy made a catcall towards Misty. She slammed her fist into her palm & so did Jessie. Izzy gulped and changed his mind. "Ryoko, Nadesco. Rei Ayanami, Asuka Langley Soryu, Evangelion. Tron Bonne, Misadventures Of Tron Bonne. Videl, Dragonball Z. Lina Inverse, Nahga, Slayers." Nahga laughed her ridiculous laugh and everyone covered his or her ears for protection. " Serina, Amy, Ray, Lita, Mina, Sailor Moon. Princess Ayeka, Tenchi Muyo. And Ako, Project Ako." All the girls were standing in front of Reenee. She handed Tron the keys to their dorm. "Dorm One. Go, unpack your bags and then have a look around. Okay, next, Teenage Boys…" And it went like that. Everyone went to their dorms and put their bags down on any bed they could get. The boys shoved each other around to try get the top bunks, which triggered the Digimon Emperor into hating Ash. Cody was running around, introducing himself to anyone he saw, starting with the boys in his dorm. Davis leaned on the ladder to his bed like nothing was happening. TK was doing the same. Ash came up to them and said,

"Hey, is he alright?"

"Yeah, just loyal. I'm Davis."

"Yeah, I read your nametag. I'm Ash."

"Yeah, I read your nametag." The two then began to laugh like old friends and TK felt left out. He then went over to Trunks.

"Hi. You're from Dragonball Z?" Trunks looked up, with that flicker of defiance in his eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Then, you'd be in the Fists and Magic Division."

"Mm, hm." TK sat down on Trunk's bed.
"I'm TK. Pleased to meet you." Trunks ignored him, just looking at the ground. Davis yelled,

"Hey, TH, maybe he just doesn't want to talk!" TK got really pissed and roared, with Cody & the Digimon Emperor,

"IT'S TK, JACKASS!" Any talk from the other boys stopped and it was dead quiet. The Emperor went for the door and hissed,

"I can't believe I'm stuck with these asses. I'd rather stay with the girls." And he made a dramatic exit. The guys just looked at each other & proceeded to talk.

Meanwhile…

In the Girl's Dorm, the girls were preparing for a sleepover.

"I can go & buy some chips!" Kari yelled. Sakura shook her head.

"No, I'll get it. Besides, I can get there faster & it takes half an hour to get there and back." So Sakura got up and left with Madison, who wanted to meet some new people. Sakura took out her Clow Key…

"Fly Card! Go!!" In two shakes of a duck's tail, the two were up in the air, heading towards the nearest convenience store.

The Digimon Emperor was in that same convenience store at the counter.

"A pack of antidepressants please. I'm feeling bummed." The pink haired guy frowned.

"Sorry, kid. Any proof you need these antidepressants?" Emperor took a prescription out of his pocket.

"There. My doctor said if I needed more, just present that to any pharmacy." The man, Yoshi Kamiya, studied the slip of paper carefully, then nodded.

"Righto. I'll go get some. I just needed proof that you wouldn't use them to get high." And Yoshi walked into the backroom. Now, Sakura and Madison came in, causing the shop bell to ring. Emperor turned around and watched as the two went into the snack food department to pick chips. He also noticed that the brunette had a pink wand resting against her collarbone. Fists and Magic Division, he thought. Yoshi came back with a foil packet that held 4 tablets.

"That's it?" The Emperor asked dully. Yoshi nodded. "Then a few more packs please."

"Sorry kid. Love to, but this is it. We might get another shipment, say, Thursday?"

"But that's 6 days from now!" Emperor roared. Yoshi shrugged and then looked past Emperor to see Madison and Sakura. Sakura spied the antidepressants and pipped up,

"Oh. If you need some more antidepressants, I have some right here." As she rummaged, Emperor raised an eyebrow.

"You carry around antidepressants?" While this went on, outside it was a mass of anime characters. One person had a run in with another, and it wasn't exactly favorable…

"Hey, jackass! You tripped me!"

"I did not, you child! You're hallucinating!"

"Well, Mr. Vegeta. You'll be in the Fists and Magic Division with me, so I'll chuck a fit if they pair me with you! And even if they do, it'll be an excuse to whoop your ass!"

"Ms. Inverse, it would be my pleasure to see your underdeveloped form land outside the ring in flames."

"Say WHAT?! Alright, you bastard! Say that to my face!" And the two began shouting the foulest words at each other, causing a public riot. Some cheering for this small chested young one, some for the Saiyan Prince, others saying to stop fighting. In the end, Chi Chi and Goku came to break it up, Chi Chi carrying Lina off & Goku trying to restrain Vegeta. Meilin was out exploring when she accidentally bumped into Piccolo. He slowly turned around to face the 10 yearold.

"Sorry, mister." She mumbled. Then, she ran off as fast as she could. Piccolo shook his head.

"Kids today…" No one wanted to go near Nahga. Brock was wandering around with Tracey, the two of them watching girls. But Brock went too far when Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo went by…

"Excuse me miss. Did it hurt?" Ryoko saw him and thought, Oh Jesus, it's that frootloop from the intro…

"Did what hurt?"

"When you fell out of heaven." Ryoko pretended to think.

"No…but it was painful when I came out of the bowels of Hell after about 10 000 years. And d'ya know what else hurts?" She landed a good punch in Brock's jaw & he flew backwards. She rubbed her fist and Tracey gaped. "It hurt when I had to listen to you." And she went off, smirking. Brock sat up, nursing his jaw.

"I'm not talking to her!" Tracey muttered. Brock frantically shook his head. Maybe he shouldn't speak to any other girls…

Everyone had come at 2:00 pm, and now it was half past 4. Yoshi went to the Boy's Dorms & issued a meeting in the Teen Room. Reenee and a new girl called Rei Akagi did the same.

They both said the same thing,

"Hello all. You all should have taken a look at your timetables now. In half an hour, the Opening Ceremony will start. You all are going to be introduced individually, so you have to make a real show of it. Those in the Monster Division should display their monsters on entrance, so we'll need their names now. Those in the Robot Division, you'll come in with your robots and then show your faces. You must all be dressed in your best and be ready to rumble. Now, as the timetable says, the Ceremony will be going until most likely 8, so for dinner you can either eat out or order pizza. You have to go to the changerooms near the arena to get changed, commentators must be ready by 5:55pm. Can you guys manage all that?" Every person nodded & the three organizers then yelled,

"Now, GET MOVING!!" The anime characters rushed out en masse, trampling anyone in the way. They each had bags with their outfits for that night & almost dropped them every time someone rammed them. Sakura was letting Madison and Sasami borrow the Clow Key & Fly Card so they could get to the changeroom first. But when they landed, they were trampled.

In the Male's Changeroom…

Izzy pounded on the door of the shower & roared,

"Goddamnit! HURRY UP! I'M A FREAKIN COMMENTATOR! MOVE IT!" The feet on the other side wriggled angrilly.

"Give me a break! I just got in here!" Izzy recognized the voice and yelled again,

"Alright, Cardcaptor boy! Move it or loose it!" Matt and Tai observed their friend go into pissed mode.

"What's up Izzy? It's just a shower." Izzy stomped his foot.

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT! THIS IS A V.I.P SHOWER!" Then, Li yelled back,

"It was hard enough to get a shower when the others are taken! Oh, look," Li threw the door open with a towel around his waist. "Here it is, you whiner. Take it before someone else does." And Izzy did. Tai shook his head.

"Why do I make friends with the weirdest people?" Meanwhile, Tenchi was kicking up a fuss as well.

"C'mon! You don't really need a shower, do you, man?" Freiza walked out of the shower & put his hands on his hips.

"Well, excuuuse me for wanting to be clean!"

In the Female's Changeroom:

"*GASP!* You SHOULDN'T be walking around in the nude miss! It's setting a bad example for the young ones!" Ryoko shrugged & then, Nahga, Ako and Yolei came by wearing their birthday suits.

"Lighten up, Chi Chi. We're all girls here." Yolei said. Chi Chi's jaw went through the floor.

"HAAA HAA HAA HAA!! It wouldn't be right for the great Nahga to not show off her perfect body in public!" Kari leaned over to Sylia & Priss and whispered,

"I don't want jugs like Nahga's when I grow up!"

"No one wants jugs like that, Kari." Sylia and Priss said at the same time. Lina roared,

"Hey, what the hell happened to my outfit? Nahga, if you took it.."

"No, Lina! It's out here" Linna called out as she slipped into her Hard Suit. "You'll have to come out!" Lina grumbled and slowly edged out with a towel around her. Ryoko snuck up on her and quickly yanked the towel away and vanished with it, leaving Lina with nothing.

"YOOOWWW!!" Lina rushed for her outfit but slipped on the floor and collided with Chi Chi's leg. Everyone cracked up & Madison managed to get it all on video.

At 6:00PM…

"WELCOME TO THE CUMULUS ARENA!" Izzy roared over the loud speaker. "IT'S THE EVENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, FRIENDS, FAMILY AND FIGHTERS ALIKE! WE WELCOME YOU ALL TO THE FIRST, OFFICIAL, ANIME TOURNAMENT!" The crowd was going berserk. Cko was screaming her lungs out and Bulma was waving pom pom's in her husband and son's honour. Even Babidi, Dabura and Majinn Buu were there, expressing their joy for Cell and Freiza. Cooler and King Cold were hollering for the cute girls. Ash's mom had made quick friends with Sakura's dad & Tori, Sakura's brother, couldn't get June off him. Down below, Umi, Fuu & Hikaru were getting their act ready. Every competitor was to perform either in a group or by themselves and as explosions echoed around the arena, Madison and Sasami roared,

"LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!" The arena exploded into joy as the first act came on-Kari, Yolei and Sora in Vegas outfits and Davis, TK, Tai and Cody in suits with top hats. The girls were holding onto the legs of their digimon and were being flown in.

"INTRODUCING THE FIRST ACT…KARI, NEFERTIMON, YOLEI, AQUILLAMON, SORA BIRDRAMON, DAVIS, VEEMON, TK, PATAMON, TAI, AGUMON, CODY AAAND ARMADILLOMON!" The Digimon crew burst into cheers and the rest of the audience applauded. They were dancing (And very well too) to Joy Enriquez's `Tell Me How You Feel'. At one stage, the girls put their arms over their chests and took their tops off! Izzy gaped and gasped with the rest of them & Davis yelled,

"That wasn't part of the act!" The girls obviously had it planned, and it turned out they'd been wearing thin, small, strapless boob tubes underneath. When they'd finished, Agumon and Tentomon set off some special effects. The crowd went berserk again, and every male in the audience wanted the girls' autograph.

"Ooh, wish Sora was my girlfriend…" Izzy muttered. Then when he saw the spectators looking up at the Commentator Box and he realized the mic was on. He yelled, "I MEAN, THE DIGIDESTINED!!! AND NOW, THEY'RE THE ROCK BAND THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE, IT'S PRISS, TRON AND MATT!!!" A stage came up in the middle of the arena. Matt had his electric guitar and Priss and Tron had a mic each. A guy from Matt's band and two guys from Priss' were the rest of the band. Tron opened her mouth and sung,

"She gave you everything she had,

But she was young and dumb,

She'd just turned twenty-one.

She didn't care to hang around,

So when the shit came down,

Why she was nowhere to be found…" It seemed like everyone knew the lyrics. Teisel and Bon Bonne were watching their big sister and going bonkers. They looked like they were enjoying themselves. Then, Umi, Fuu and Hikaru from Rayearth cartwheeled out in gymnastic body suits, followed by Meilin and Li…

"AND NOW, THE CARDCAPTOR CREW WITH THE RAYEARTH BABES! GIVE EM A HAND!" Then, the arena went black and a ribbon of light went whizzing around. Only those right near it could see what was going on. Then, the lights came back on and the audience could see Sakura on her wand. She was dressed to kill and then she landed in the middle of the arena. The six of them performed their little tricks, sending sparks everywhere. These were the only acts, so after this, the performers rushed backstage to get ready again. Now, Madison roared,

"THANK YOU IZZY! AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE YOU TO THE FIRST EVER COMPETITORS IN THE MONSTER DIVISION!" Anyone who knew the competitors went ballistic, especially Ash's mom and Mr. Mime.

"INTRODUCING…FROM THE POKEMON AREA, ASH KETCHUM AND PIKACHU!" Mrs. Ketchum burst into happy tears as her son came out with Pikachu on his arm. "MISTY AND DEWGONG!" One of Misty's sisters said to the others,

"She'd better win with that Dewgong I lent her!"

"BROCK AND ONIX! TRACEY AND SCYTHER! JESSIE AND ARBOK! AND JAMES AND WEEZING!" Cassidy and Butch just snorted.

"Amateurs. The Boss would be more proud if it was us up there. Let's go steal something." Giovanni placed a hand on Cassidy's shoulder and shook his head.

"For God's sake!" He muttered. "It's a tournament! Take the day off…or you won't have a job at all."

"FOR THE DIGIMON AREA, DAVIS AND VEEMON! TK AND PATAMON! Kari AND GATOMON! YOLEI AND HAWKMON! CODY AND ARMADILLOMON! DIGIMON EMPEROR AND WORMON! TAI AND AGUMON! MATT AND GABUMON!" June, who hadn't cheered for her brother, now squealed for Matt. "AND SORA AND BIOMON!" The Digi-crew was standing next to the Pokemon group. "AND FINALLY, SAKURA FROM CARDCAPTORS!" Sakura flew in on her wand again and the other fighters just gaped at her. Emperor gasped and watched her as she made a touchdown right next to him. She smiled at him and he suddenly felt very queer. Izzy came back and said,

"THANKYOU MADISON! ROBOT DIVISION, BGC 2040! SYLIA, PRISS, LINNA AND NENE!" The girls came out in their Hard Suits and removed their helmets.

"You go, sis! Galatea yelled. "Go or I'll kill you!"

"AKITO AND RYOKO OF NADESCO!" Yurika watched as they came out.

"He'd better not be making out in there." She muttered. She noticed that Miyuki was nowhere in sight and she got peeved.

"EVANGELION'S CREW ARE SHINJI, REI, ASUKA, TOJI AND KAORU!" Gendo fainted, and Kensuke yelled,

"God, Misato! How much beer did you give him?"
"AND FINALLY, ALL BY HERSELF, TRON BONNE!" One of the Birdbots of the Loath family ran up to Glyde with Madison's video camera.

"I got the Changeroom footage sir! SQUAWK!" Glyde chuckled, then groaned when he saw the film had been removed. Madison chuckled in the Commentator's Box.

"Sucker…" Sasami tore the mic away from Izzy.

"THANKYOU IZZY! FOR THE FISTS AND MAGIC DIVISION, DRAGONBALL Z….GOKU, GOHAN, GOTEN, CHI CHI, VEGETA, TRUNKS, PICCOLO, KRILLIN, ANDROID 18, VIDEL, CELL AND FREIZA! SLAYERS…NAHGA AND LINA INVERSE! TENCHI MUYO…TENCHI AND RYOKO! HI, RYOKO! SAILOR MOON, SERINA, AMY, RAY, LITA AND MINA! AKO FROM PROJECT AKO AND LI AND MEILIN FROM CARDCAPTORS! HEY! MADISON, GIVE IT BACK!" Madison then yelled,

"THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR PUTTING UP WITH SASAMI! THE MONSTER DIVISION WILL BE ON AT 8:30 SHARP TOMORROW MORNING! NO PASS OUTS WILL BE ISSUED UNLESS APPROVED BY AN OFFICIAL! AND NOW, THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE OFFICIAL'S BENCH!" The female and male refs came out, each gender wearing a specified costume designed by…yup, you guessed it, Madison. There was Ritsuko, Gary, Washu, Maki, Ayeka and Prof. Oak. They waved happily and the crowd cheered and began to file out for the carnival out in the Market Square. The competitors headed to their rooms, except for the adult males-they went to the bar for a drink. Nahga and Misato were going too. The spectators had to camp in tents on the other side of the arena. Most of the girls left for showers (Most of them hadn't had one before) and any others left over were in the teens' room having a huge pizza party. Amy was trying to do research on all the competitors, yet finally cracked at the amount of noise and left. She asked Piccolo (Who hadn't left to get drunk) if she could stay and research in the Adult Male's room. He was more than happy to oblige, and the two just sat on the floor. One meditating, one typing. Meanwhile, the boys had something planned…

"Goten, how'd you GET these?" Goten giggled.

"I just took it!" The guys all smirked, for Goten had found what was to them a pot of gold.

Maps. Not just any maps. Ones that showed ever duct, every vent…for the female block and changeroom.

"Goten, remind me to pay you after this." Tai snickered. Matt said,

"We can spy on every girl we want…but if I catch anyone spying on Sora…" He jabbed Gary in the ribs and Gary yelped out in pain. James mumbled,

"I say we strike tomorrow night. Agreed?"

"Aye." The others whispered, punching the air in agreement. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Guys! We're back!" The others hid the maps. They knew that Maki and Cody would dob them in. They let the boys in, who'd just come back from the changerooms. The guys had a pizza party too, and the Emperor didn't kick up a fuss this time, talking to Kaoru about how hard it was to be the bad guy. But it was the same all over Cumulus Mountain: by midnight, everyone was asleep. But there were a few exceptions. Emperor couldn't stop thinking about Sakura. Ryoko was having doubts about hitting Brock. Amy was wondering why a Namek like Piccolo would let her stay in the room for a bit. But as the others slept, they dreamt about having the Tournament Cup in their possesion…

So whadya think? I know it took a while to get out, but hey, at least it is out at all. Also, the Rounds will be announced next week! Yay! Well, that's it for now…