Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ 1st Year At Hogwarts ❯ Chapter 9

[ A - All Readers ]
Title: 1st Year At Hogwarts
By: Yume Li

Disclaimer: I do not own Cardcaptor Sakura, Harry Potter, or Sailor Moon.

Note: All incantations would be in Japanese, except for the Chinese incantations and Hogwarts's spells. When the CCS gang talk to each other, it will be in Japanese unless otherwise stated. By the way, the famous Li Clan had pictures of Clow Reed hanging on the walls. Surnames are put first in Asia, while in Western countries, they are put last.

Summary: The CCS gang and SM gang will meet the HP gang on the train to Hogwarts.

Story: Li Syaoran and his cousin Li Meiling had gone back to Hong Kong for 3 days already. Before they went back, they taught Kinomoto Sakura how to fight in armed and unarmed combat. Sakura decided to train hard in magic, swordsmanship, and martial arts. Harry Potter and company would be in the 5th year, along with some of the new transfer students. Touya's sixth sense was returned to him since Sakura had become stronger. The Kinomoto men also knew everything about the cards and about Eriol Hiiragizawa and the fact that Fujitaka Kinomoto was half of the reincarnation of Clow Reed. The story will follow as closely to the Harry Potter Book 5 as possible. For those who did not read Sailor Moon Universal, Travis Watson was Serena’s younger twin. He was also Sailor Sol and Sailor New Moon. Serena was Sailor Sun and Darien was Sailor Earth.


At Eriol’s Home, In The Living Room, After Breakfast…

Eriol stood up when everyone had finished their breakfast. “Attention please,” called out Eriol. When he was certain everybody’s attention was on him, he spoke up, “Later, we’ll be going to Diagon Alley to buy your school supplies. On the way there, I’ll explain everything about the wizarding world and your school, Hogwarts, to all of you. Miss Reynolds, did you bring any money with you?”

Crystal nodded her head, “But they are all in one-thousand note forms.” Eriol smiled, “That’s okay. The goblins will help you to exchange your money to the wizarding money at the wizard bank, Gringotts. The wizards used goblins to guard the wizard bank. You can also open a bank account.”

“Demo, Eriol-kun, Sakura-chan and I didn’t bring that much money,” said Tomoyo worriedly. Eriol smiled, “Tomoyo-san, you don’t have to worry about that. All of you, except for Miss Reynolds, already had bank accounts. If there’s no questions, let’s set off.


Along The Way…

Tomoyo trained her video camera on Eriol as he began his explanation, “There are some basic terms of wizarding language that you must know. First of all, non-magical folks are known as Muggles. Wizards that have long lines of wizard heritage are known as Purebloods, while Wizards that have Muggle parentage are known as Mudbloods by the Purebloods. Mudblood is a very insulting word to use on a fellow wizard, since Mudblood basically means dirty blood.”

“The subjects in pictures or portraits in the wizarding world can move. You’ll probably see many portraits in Hogwarts. The wizard sport, Quidditch, is very popular among the wizards. The reason is that it is the only wizarding sport. Quidditch is played in the air on broomsticks. Your schoolmates can explain better than me, so I don’t have to go fully into detail. There are three different types of money for you to memorize. The gold ones are Galleons, silver ones are Sickles and the bronze ones are Knuts,” continued Eriol.

Then, Eriol said in a more somber voice, “Now, I’ll explain about the threat to the wizarding world. Twenty-five years ago, a man named Tom Riddle started looking for followers to get rid of Muggles and Muggle-born wizards. He was also known as Lord Voldemort, the Dark Lord. During the Dark times, many wizards that are opposing him were killed. It was the time when people were afraid and did not know who to trust. They were even afraid of speaking his name. They referred to him as You-Know-Who or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Albus Dumbledore was the only person that Voldemort feared.”

“Fifteen years ago, Voldemort lost his power and almost died when he attempted to kill Harry Potter, a one-year old baby. From that day onwards, he was known as The-Boy-Who-Lived. Although Voldemort lost his power, he still attempt to hurt Harry for three times. He managed to survive the three times though. On Voldemort’s third attack, he managed to gain a new body. Harry had watched the death of Cedric Diggory, a fellow schoolmate, and the resurrection of Voldemort and had warned the Headmaster and the Minister of Magic. But the minister refused to believe him.”

Looking out of the window, Eriol said, “We’re nearly at Diagon Alley, I’d to keep this short. Hogwarts is the finest institution in the west. there are altogether four houses. They are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. All of you will be sorted to one of the houses when you get there.”

Turning to Sakura, Eriol apologized, “Gomen, Sakura-san. There are quite a number of ghosts at Hogwarts. The History professor is also a ghost. But they are quite harmless.”

Sakura went pale at the mention of ghosts and gripped Syaoran’s hand tightly. “It’s all right, Sakura,” comforted Syaoran quietly, “Remember your undefeatable spell: Everything would surely be all right.” Sakura nodded her head stiffly and tried to relax.

“We’re here,” murmured Eriol. Everybody got out of the vehicle and stared at the grubby-looking pub. “This is the Leaky Cauldron,” stated Eriol as he walked into the pub.