Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ 1st Year At Hogwarts ❯ Chapter 12

[ A - All Readers ]
Title: 1st Year At Hogwarts
By: Yume Li

Disclaimer: I do not own Cardcaptor Sakura, Harry Potter, or Sailor Moon.

Note: All incantations would be in Japanese, except for the Chinese incantations and Hogwarts's spells. When the CCS gang talk to each other, it will be in Japanese unless otherwise stated. By the way, the famous Li Clan had pictures of Clow Reed hanging on the walls. Surnames are put first in Asia, while in Western countries, they are put last. This story will follow as closely as Harry Potter book five as possible.

Summary: The CCS gang and SM gang will meet the HP gang on the train to Hogwarts.

Story: Li Syaoran and his cousin Li Meiling had gone back to Hong Kong for 3 days already. Before they went back, they taught Kinomoto Sakura how to fight in armed and unarmed combat. Sakura decided to train hard in magic, swordsmanship, and martial arts. Harry Potter and company would be in the 5th year, along with some of the new transfer students. Touya's sixth sense had returned to him since Sakura had become stronger. The Kinomoto men also knew everything about the cards and about Eriol Hiiragizawa and the fact that Fujitaka Kinomoto was half of the reincarnation of Clow Reed. The story will follow as closely to the Harry Potter Book 5 as possible. For those who did not read Sailor Moon Universal, Travis Watson was Serena’s younger twin. He was also Sailor Sol and Sailor New Moon. Serena was Sailor Sun and Darien was Sailor Earth.


Outside Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour

“What’s taking those two so long? Shouldn’t they be out by now?” demanded Meiling, “Their ice-cream had already melted!” Tomoyo smiled at Meiling, “Daijobu desu. We can just buy another ice-cream for Li-kun and Sakura-san if they want.”

“They’re out!” exclaimed Serena, “Look at what they’ve bought!” Everyone (not including Eriol), including Crystal that is seated at the next table (She’s allergic to all sorts of animals.), stared at the four animals.

“The normal fire birds are called phoenixes. However, the phoenixes that Sakura and Syaoran bought are the rare kind. They are called Soul Phoenixes. They only pick Soul mates to be their masters. The wolves are also the rare type. They are called True Wolves. They only choose Soul mates to be their masters,” explained Eriol.

“Eriol-kun, do you mean that Sakura-chan and Li-kun are Soul mates?” asked Tomoyo excitedly. When Eriol nodded his head, Tomoyo exclaimed, “Kawaii! I’m going to name this tape ‘Sakura and her Soul mate’s Pets’ and I’m going to tape every moment of their time with their pets…”

As Tomoyo babbled on, Syaoran and Sakura sat down. They gently put down the puppies on the table. The puppies immediately proceed to lick their masters’ melted ice cream happily. The humans watched with interest as they lick up the liquid with delight. After finishing the ice cream, they went around the table sniffing everybody curiously before returning to their masters.

The puppy which had golden eyes and silvery fur tinted with dark forest green went towards Sakura and licked her face. Sakura squeaked, “Mou, your tongue is cold! I think I’m going to call you Okami.” Everyone laughed at the name.

The smaller puppy which had emerald green eyes and grey fur tinted with light pink went towards Syaoran and tried to lick him. However, Syaoran had already picked her up, “I’m calling you Cherry since it would be strange to call you Sakura.”

“What about the phoenixes? What are you naming them?” asked Meiling. ‘Just give us your Chinese name, Syaoran-sama,’ thought the phoenix on Syaoran’s shoulder. ‘You can talk!’ exclaimed Sakura quietly. ‘We can only talk to both of you in thoughts. We can also talk to other phoenixes and the True Wolves. Okami and Cherry are True Wolves. They like the names you two gave them. They also like both of you,’ thought the phoenix on Sakura’s shoulder.

“So, have you decided on the names?” asked Meiling impatiently. Sakura nodded her head, “My phoenix will be call Xiao Lang and Syaoran’s phoenix will be called Ying Fa.”

‘Thank you for granting us our wish, Sakura-sama,’ thought the golden-eyed phoenix with ruby feathers that had tiny dark forest green speckles. ‘We’ll guide you on how to train us and the True Wolves. The four of us had special abilities that needed to be train. We will also go wherever you go. Otherwise, we’ll be very weak,’ thought the smaller emerald-eyed phoenix with crimson feathers that had tiny light pink speckles.

“Do you all want to get your broomsticks? If you don’t want broomsticks, we could get your wands immediately,” said Eriol cutting Sakura and Syaoran’s conversation with their phoenixes. “I want to buy broomsticks,” exclaimed Meiling. The rest nodded their heads.

‘I supposed I can’t use The Fly,’ thought Sakura, miserable. ‘We can’t afford people to know about the Cards,’ thought Syaoran, as sensible as always. Sakura nodded her head and sighed.

“Very well, we’ll go to Quality Quidditch Supplies to get your brooms first. Then, we’ll get the wands. Let’s go,” said Eriol. Everybody got their books and supplies and the animals followed them.


At Quality Quidditch Supplies

Eriol offered to wait outside the shop with everyone’s books and animals. Sakura offered to take care of the phoenixes and the puppies since pets were not allow in the store. As she was Syaoran’s Soul mate, nothing would happen to the animals while Syaoran is away for a short while.

Syaoran bought the latest model, Lightning, for both Sakura and himself. Meiling bought Firebolt, while Tomoyo and Crystal bought Nimbus Two Thousand. They left the shop and Eriol brought them to a narrow and shabby shop.


At Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC

A tinkling bell rang as Eriol stepped inside, closely followed by the others. Everyone was quiet, including all the animals. Eriol smiled, as an old man appeared suddenly, startling everyone.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Ollivander,” greeted Eriol cheerfully, “I’ve brought the transfer students to buy your wands.” Mr. Ollivander smiled and said in a mysterious voice, “Who’s first?” Crystal stepped forward nervously.

“Which is your wand arm?” asked Mr. Ollivander as he pulled out a long measuring tape with silver markings from his pocket. “I’m left-handed,” said Crystal quietly. “Hold out your arm,” he said. Crystal held out her arm and Mr. Ollivander measured Crystal.

As Mr. Ollivander went to get a suitable wand, everybody realized that the measuring tape was measuring her on its own. The measuring tape stopped when Mr. Ollivander came out, “Try this one. Beech wood and dragon heartstring. Nine inches. Nice and flexible. Take it and give it a wave.”

Crystal took the wand and suddenly felt warmth in her fingers. When she waved her wand, the floor instantly turned into crystal. Mr. Ollivander nodded his head, “Excellent. Right on the first try. Seven Galleons, please.” Crystal paid the money and Meiling went forward.

Meiling tried two times before getting the right one. “Ebony and phoenix feather, eight inches, springy,” said Mr. Ollivander. Meiling waved and the room turned crimson red. Meiling paid for her wand and Tomoyo stepped forward.

“Try it. Cherry blossom and unicorn hair. Seven inches. Swishy,” said Mr. Ollivander. Tomoyo gave a wave and cherry blossoms hung on the walls. She paid for the wand and Serena stepped forward.

As Mr. Ollivander went to look for a wand, a wand fell on his head. He rubbed his head gingerly and hesitated, before giving the wand to Serena. “Try this one. Rose wood and moon dust with a sprinkle of sun dust. Eight inches,” said Mr. Ollivander. Serena waved and roses fell from the ceiling. She paid for the wand and her twin walked forward.

As Travis went forward, a wand dropped. Mr. Ollivander went and picked up the wand and thought to himself, ‘Another strong wand. Perhaps we have a chance to defeat the Dark Lord, after all.’ He gave the wand to Travis, “Try this. Falcon feather and sun dust with a sprinkle of moon dust. Ten inches.” Travis waved his wand and the whole room was bathed in golden light. Travis also paid for the wand.

Syaoran went forward and had to try twelve times before getting the right wand. Mr. Ollivander handed the wand carefully to him, "This is one of the most powerful wand that I’ve made. Use this wisely. Peony wood bathed with moon light. Eleven inches." Syaoran gave a sharp wave and the room glowed slightly and returned to its original way. All the wands were back on the shelves and the flowers and crystals were gone. Syaoran paid for the wand and Sakura went forward.

Mr. Ollivander gave Sakura a wand and said, “This is the last powerful wand in my possession and it is the second strongest wand. Use it well. Cherry wood dipped in star liquid. Seven inches.” Sakura gave a wave and peony flowers entwined with cherry flowers appeared. They disappeared before landing on the floor. Sakura paid for her wand and rejoined Syaoran.

“All of you wait outside for me. I need to talk to Mr. Ollivander for a while,” said Eriol. Everyone did as he said. After they left, Eriol warded the room. Mr. Ollivander spoke up, “The four of them had four of the five legendary wands. They are from the light, right, Clow?”

Eriol laughed, “You recognized me. I didn’t think you would. However, I’m not Clow Reed anymore. I’m now Professor Eriol Hiiragizawa. The children aren’t from the light. They are the light. Do you know who has taken the most powerful wand? Did anyone find the legendary sword, Terra?”

Mr. Ollivander smiled, “I've told Albus about the girl. She came from America, but she’d an Asian name. Min Li, I think. Albus said that she is in Slytherin and that she found the sword on Hogwarts’s ground. A powerful Slytherin isn’t reassuring news. She might be on the Dark Lord’s side.”

Eriol sighed with relief, “I know the girl. She is also the light and is one of Clow’s descendants. There’s no need to fear that she’s working for Voldemort. I’d to go now before the children became suspicious. Tell Albus that the legend is about to come true. The legendary wands had found their owners. With the legendary sword, I doubt that Voldemort can win this war. Good day.”

Eriol removed the ward and left the shop. Then, he brought everybody home to rest before everyone's studies began.