Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Emotions ❯ In the beginning... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mixed Emotions

[Words]- Narration

(Words)- Sound/action

<words>- setting

words- thoughts

Chapter 1

<1989, Hinata Inn>

[It was the opening of the Hinata Inn, Mr. and Mrs. Acosta were working hard entertaining their first few customers. Their kids in the meantime were looking at their parents behind the stairs of the Inn, longing for their time to play with them again. Since the day their parents started building this Inn, they had no time left for their children. Sometimes, when there were problems going on with the construction of the Inn, their parents would leave their house and then be back the next morning, too tired to play.]

"When would dad and mom play with us again?" a 5 yr. old girl asked her twin brother who was sitting down beside her, looking at their parents. "I don't know..." he replied as he stood up, "C'mon, let's find something to eat..." He scratched his back as he held out his hand to his twin sister who quietly held his hand.

As they headed for the Inn's kitchen, they suddenly heard the loud honk of a truck. The twins held on each other tight as they hid behind the Inn's refrigerator and looking at the Inn's entrance from behind the counter, beside the refrigerator. They saw their parents opening the front door of the Inn, looking horrified at what they saw. The twins tried to find out what their parents saw. But suddenly, there were loud bangs from outside the Inn. After a few seconds, the twin's parents, still with horrified faces fell dead on the floor. At the sight of this, the customers who saw the dead bodies screamed and ran out of the door shouting madly.

The twins cried as they tried to move closer to their dead parents. But suddenly, there were more bangs heard from the windows. `They have guns! They're going to destroy the place!' the 5 yr. old boy thought. "Stay low sis!!!" the twin boy said, hiding her farther behind the refrigerator. "Onii-chan!" the twin girl cried as her brother enveloped his arms around her. (Shattered glassware and sounds of machineguns were heard)

After a while, everything was silent again. `What's happening?! Why were they destroying the place? My parents aren't evil...are they?' The twin boy thought. (Sniffles from behind him were heard) "Sis?" he asked, softly as he held her in his arms. "I want my okaa-san and oto-san!!!" the young girl cried. "Don't cry, sis... don't cry..." he replied, caressing her back as tears of his own began to fall from his eyes. (Footsteps were coming close to their hiding place) "Shh... keep quiet..." the twin boy said as he hid his sister behind him.

All of a sudden, a familiar face popped out from behind the counter. "There you are!!!" she said, happily. "Aunt Haruka?" the twins both said in surprise as they both hugged her tightly. "We need to get out of here!!! Those thugs might come back any minute!!!" Haruka said as the twins followed her out the Inn.

<10 years later, in Nagoya airport>

"Onii-chan, why are we going back there? I hate that place..." Naru complained, putting her bag on the luggage conveyor belt in the Luggage area. "We have to, sis... Oto-san and Okaa-san gave that place to us..." Heero said, putting his bag in the conveyor belt, "We must follow what they want us to do..." "But that place is a dump!!! Besides, we don't have enough money to rebuild the place..." Naru grumbled as she followed Heero in the waiting area. "Hey, Aunt Haruka said that she asked some people to repair the broken building... All we have to do is fix up the place a bit..." Heero replied as he sat down on a chair near the window, "After 10 years... that place would surely be dirty..." "I never really thought we'd come back there... I mean..." Naru said, looking into her brother's eyes, "Too much has happened there... Too many memories I can't bear to forget..." "Now, now... you're getting emotional you know!" Heero laughed, ruffling Naru's hair. "Stop that!!! Don't touch the hair, man!!! Never touch my beautiful hair!!!" Naru exclaimed, combing her hair neatly as Heero laughed even harder.

<An hour later, outside Hinata Airport>

"C'mon Naru! The driver's waiting!" Heero said opening the taxi door as Naru shoved her heavy bag in the trunk of the taxi. "I'm coming!!! Sheesh" Naru exclaimed as she got in the back seat of the car. "Where to sir? Ma'am?" the driver asked once the twins were in the back seats of the car. "Huh? Oh! Yeah... um, Hinata Inn please!" Heero replied. "Which Inn sir? The new one or the old one?" the driver asked. "Huh? You mean there's more than just one Hinata Inn?" Naru asked in surprise as she looked at her brother. "Actually ma'am, there's only one Hinata Inn... the other's have just included the words, `Hinata Inn'..." the driver replied, "Where should I take you?" "Could you just show us to those two Hinata Inn's?" Heero asked. "Of course sir," the driver answered back as he started the engine, "We'll be at the nearest Hinata Inn in 5 minutes..."

[The engine roared as the car sped through the busy streets of the city of Hinata.]

<5 minutes later, at `Hinata Inn'>

"No... This isn't the one..." Heero said as he got out of the taxi. "This place is huge!!!" Naru gasped as following her brother out the taxi. "This Hinata Inn is Mr. Tokushima's, this Inn opened 10 years ago..." the driver said, "It opened just after the 1st Hinata Inn opened..." "What 1st Hinata Inn? Did this open after that Inn you're saying..." Heero said, "You know... was ambushed 10 years ago?" "Actually... yes... I think the old Inn has been renovated by someone..." the driver replied, "Do you want me to take you there?" "Yes! Please do!!!" Heero said as the twins went back in the taxi. "Don't worry, I'll get both of you there..." the driver said, smiling at the twins as he started the engine and drove off towards the main road.

Next Chapter...

Could you please give me a review? I'm new at this fan fiction making... Thanks a lot!!!