Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Emotions ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mixed Emotions

[Words]- Narration

(Words)- Sound/action

<words>- setting

Words- thoughts

Chapter 2

<after a 15 minute drive up a steep hill; the old Hinata Inn>

"This is it sir," the driver said, pulling over in front of a familiar building. "Thanks..." Heero said as he helped the driver bring down their luggage. "I don't want to go in there!!! There might be ghosts!!!" Naru cried, hiding behind her brother's back. "Yeah right..." Heero said, sarcastically as he opened the front door of the Inn. (The sound of a roaring engine going away)

[Heero stepped inside the renovated Inn, looking carefully at everything. Naru followed her brother in the Inn and sat down on the nearest couch.]

"This place's a dump!" Naru grumbled as Heero sat down beside her. "Well, it looks better than last time..." Heero replied, yawning, "Remember... They almost wrecked the place..." "Yeah... but what are you saying we should do?" Naru asked lazily, stretching her arms, "Clean this whole place up by ourselves?" "Exactly!" Heero said grinning as he stood up. "You're trying to kill me, aren't you?!" Naru protested as she followed Heero in the kitchen, "Wait up! I'm not done with you yet!!!"

(Heero stopped in front of the refrigerator)

"Remember this?" Heero asked softly, pointing at the refrigerator they once used as a hiding place. "Huh? What about it?" Naru asked with a puzzled look as she scanned the refrigerator, "It's just an old refrigerator, what's so special about it?" "This refrigerator saved our lives once, remember?" Heero asked, scratching his head. "Yeah? Big deal?" Naru said, idly as she opened the refrigerator, "Darn, this stupid thing doesn't even have any food in it..." "C'mon sis, let's choose our rooms..." Heero said as he headed back to the lobby where their bags were, "We'll start fixing after we eat lunch, okay?" "But I might get lost in this dump!!!" Naru complained as she following her brother while stomping her feet as she walked, "Can't we just check in a hotel and just fix this place up some other time?" "No! This is our home now..." Heero said as he got his bags, "And stop calling this place a dump!"

[Heero saw the old stairs where they hid before. He got his bags and went up the stairs. Naru sat down on a couch as she angrily got a chocolate bar from her bag and started eating it.]

"Naru!!! C'mon!!!" Heero exclaimed from upstairs. "Hold your horses!!!" Naru sighed as she got her bags, "I'm coming already! Sheesh, can't he wait?"

[Naru sighed as she started to drag her bags up to the next floor with her chocolate bar in her mouth.]

<2nd floor, Hinata Inn>

"There you are!!! Look at this!" Heero said, pulling Naru by the hand to an opened door, "Nice, isn't it?" "Wha-? How'd that get there?!" Naru exclaimed as she ran in the opened room.

[The room was filled with the things Naru had when she was a kid; her toys, pillows and even her old clock was there. Naru looked around the room with astonishment as she sat down her old bed.]

"Funny how that got there..." Heero said smiling as she sat down beside his sister. "Onii-chan... How'd all my things get here?" Naru asked looking quite confused, "We've never even slept at this house before..." "That surprises me too..." Heero said, looking around the room, "Why don't we check out our old house after lunch?" "Hey! Great idea!!!" Naru said as she stood up the bed raising her fist up in the air, "Maybe that way, we'll know who's the jerk who put my things here!!! `Oh no... She's at it again...' Heero thought. This is great!!!" (Naru started laughing hysterically).

[After Heero found a room for himself, he and Naru left the Inn and went downtown.]

<Noon time; in front of the Culture Plaza>

"Haay... there's so many changes here..." Heero sighed, scratching his head as he looked at the huge mall, "They tore down the old noodle shop we used to have lunch at..." "Yeah..." Naru replied, "But I like this mall!!!" "Orokashii!" Heero sighed, hitting Naru slightly at the head with his palm, "I can't understand you sometimes..." "Hey!!! That hurts!!!" Naru cried, rubbing her head, "Pick on someone your own size!!!" "Hey Naru! Over here!!!" Heero called out as he stood in front of an old house a block from which Naru stood, "Come see this, quickly!!!" "I'm coming! What now?" Naru said, as she walked over to Heero's side.

[Naru saw the old house and gasped. She quickly entered the old house before Heero could stop her.]

"What's this?! What happened here?!" Naru exclaimed at every worker who would pass by her, "The owner of this house likes things the way it was before you people came!!!" "Wait-" Heero said, entering the house as a tall, fat man in an American suit walked in and said, "What do you mean?! I hated the structure of this place before!" "What are you talking about?!" Naru exclaimed, poking her finger on the man's chest, "You don't have the right to destroy other people's property!!!" "Huh?!" the man said in a confused tone. "You fiend! I'll report you to the owner!" Naru said, "I know the owner, you know!" "I am the owner of this place..." the man replied, "If you're talking about the old lady that once lived here, she already moved to France." "Huh?! Uh oh... I'm dead... b-but..." Naru replied, uneasily as Heero suddenly stood in front of Naru. "Forgive my sister, sir... She's just hungry; she hasn't eaten lunch yet..." Heero said hiding Naru behind him as he dragged her bit by bit out of the house, "She's always like that when she's hungry... (Smiling unusually)" "No I'm no-" Naru protested as Heero quickly covered her mouth and laughed unusually.

[Then, without warning, Heero ran quickly, pulling Naru behind him. They turned around a corner then stopped to rest. (Panting heavily) Heero pulled out his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his forehead.]

"Never do that again, will you!" Heero said, looking at Naru, "You're trying to kill me!" "Gomen me Onii-chan..." Naru said, apologetically, scratching her head, "But I thought Miss Takami was still living there..." "Well... people do make mistakes..." Heero said, patting his sister's back, "Besides... I thought she was still living there too..." "I still remember eating her delicious rice cakes..." Naru said, with a longing look in her face, "Those were my absolute favorite... Rice cakes... I'll miss her Rice cakes..." "Yeah, I remember you gobbling up a whole plate of Miss Takami's rice cakes!!!" Heero said, laughing hard, "I think there were 14-15 in a plate!!!" "So what?!" Naru exclaimed, "I've seen you eat 2 plates of Ebi Sushi... I think it was about 15-16 in a plate...Hehehe" "Shh!!!" Heero exclaimed, turning red as he hit Naru on the head, "You're too noisy, someone might hear you!!!"

(There was a strong breeze; Naru's blue cap began to fly away)

"Ah!!! My cap Darn... That's my favorite one!!!" Naru exclaimed, running after cap. "Naru!!!" Heero called out as he ran after Naru towards a dark alley, "Wait for me!!!"

Next Chapter...

Could you please give me a review?! Thanks a lot!!!