Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina-sensei ❯ The Student ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lina-sensei

By Sailor Cherry Star

Disclaimer : I don't own any of the characters, I only own my own created characters.

Chapter 2: Student's Arrival

Lina sipped coffee this morning and everybody was a bit surprised that she didn't fight over the foor with Gourry today.Zel was getting concerned and so was everybody else, but they were a bit afraid to ask since she might get angry or something.

"Good morning, my dear Lina!" Xellos chirped as he appeared behind them.He opened an eye and saw Lina put down her coffee cup and slowly turn around.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed.

"My, my. What happened to you? most confusing is why you aren't fighting over food with Gourry today?" Xellos asked .

"I'm trying to make a good impression on my student. She's supposed to arrive today.And you can't do anything to scare her of. E.H, whoever this strange character is, said he'll give me a big reward in money if I teach her and properly. You better not mess things up." Lina warned.

Xellos mearly nodded and sat down by a table next to theirs.

---------------

"And who might that be?" Xellos asked himself after Lina and the others went upstairs. A girl with honey brown hair a little past her shoulders and sparkling emerald eyes entered. She was just the same age as Lina and was also wearing sorceress's clothing. A light pink tunic, very similiar to Lina's and a white cape with the inside of it yellow. She wore only purple, violet and pink jewels on her gloves and boots.

The girl entered and looked around . She searched her cape pocket for a piece of paper and quickly read something then stared around the room as if looking for somebody.

"What a pretty young lady." Xellos said and walked up to her," Why hello! What might a pretty lady as yourself be doing here or who might you be looking for?"

The girl looked questionly at him and then put on a happy charming smile," Hi! I'm looking for a certain Lina Inverse.-"

"Ah! Your the student she's expecting. Nice to meet you. I just happen to be a close friend of hers." He said.

"Really? Do you know where she is? What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm Xellos. The mysterious priest." He said while smiling.

"Who are you talking to Xellos?" Lina walked up to them and looked at the girl then glared at Xellos.

"You must be Lina. I'm Sakura Kinomto, your student." Sakura quickly introduced after readin a description from the paper," i heard that you're really great. You're so pretty and very beautiful. "

Lina blushed as Sakura kept on admiring her.

"Well, that's enough. Let's get to know each other. Why don't we sit down and Xellos will order you something to eat. Will you Xellos?" Lina said and gave Xellos a death glare and he nodded.

-----------------

Sakura sat across from Lina and was explaining her magic abilities and spells she knew. Xellos was listening to bits of it since he wasn't that interested.

"Star magic."

Xellos had never even heard of that kind of magic before. Xellos looked at the stairway as Zel, Gourry and Amelia walked down, but stopped short seeing the girl.

"Lina? Who is she?" Amelia asked curiously.

"This is Sakura. My new student." Lina said rather proudly.Everybody took a seat by the table next to Lina's.

"Sakura? So that's your name?" Gourry asked dumbly and Lina wacked him on the head.

"Stop being so stupid!" she said.

"Lina, if you stop hitting him, maybe he will. His head must hurt from all the hits you've given him.

Lina and Amelia started to argue as Gourry was caught in the middle. Zel, Sakura, and Xellos just watched from the sidelines.

"Are they always like this?" Sakura asked.

"Sadly, yes." Zel answered.

-----------------

The next day, the group started to travel again and Lina was teaching Sakura along the way. Xellos dropped in now and then, saying that he wanted to see how Sakura has progressed .

At nighttime when the group rested by a small lake, Sakura couldn't fall asleep. As she walked along the shore and sat down against a tree and watched as the soft moonlight reflected on the surface of water, she tried to figure out was wrong.

'It could be that I'm just homesick, but that couldn't really be it. They're really great friends and I don't get the chance of feeling homesick. Lina's very smart, and also a very fun and good friend. Amelia may be justice obsessed, but she isn't that bad and is very caring and helpful. Zel, he' too serious, but Lina can get him to actually have some fun. Gourry is just a bit too dumb and Xellos, well he's just there.'Sakura want on to describe her days here in this demension, but coulnd't shake off the feeling . Something is or will go wrong.

"What can it be?" She asked herself.

"What be?" She gasped and looked up to see none other then Xellos resting on a tree branch not too far from the ground and her. He looked like he was resting peacefully with his eyes closed and his hands behind his head.

"Xellos?" Sakura asked to make sure.

"Who else could it be?" He asked.

"What are you doing on that branch? Were you sleeping up there? Did I disturb you?" Sakura asked quietly to make sure she didn't wake anybody up.

"That..." He began and lifted a finger," Is a secret."

"Huh?" Sakura looked confused," But... why would that be a secret. It's not like it's that important. Is it?"

Xellos chuckled at her curiousity and how dense she was," Well, maybe it is, mnaybe it isn't."

"What's that suppose to mean? Why are keeping such a small thing a secret? " She asked again.

"Because if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, now would it? If I tell you I'd be giving the secret away." Xellos explained, but it only got her more confused.

"But why keep such a small thing as a secret. You can tell me this secret and you will still have other many secrets. If, that is, you have many." Sakura said trying to get what he was trying to say.

"I suppose. You are a bit intelligent. " Xellos said and yawned," Would you get some sleep? Morning will be in almost 2 hours now and if you want to have some energy you better rest. You've been thinking here for a bit too much."

"I guess you're right." Sakura said as she was reminded of sleep. She yawned and put her head on the tree roots and covered herself with her cape," Goodnight."

Xellos vanished after he was sure she had fallen asleep.

A:N What is Xellos' reason for hanging around Lina and Sakura? What will go wrong?

Stay tuned to find out and........

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!