Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lina-sensei ❯ Spell Gone Bad ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lina-sensei

By Sailor Crystal Star

Disclaimer: See chapter 1.

A:N sorry for the long update, but I have many other fanfics and schoolwork to work on. But since it is winter break, I have more time to work on my fanfics. The characters are all a bit OOC in this chapter.

Chapter 3: Spell Gone Bad

"FIREBALL!!!"

"Lina-sensei, that's cruel." Sakura commented as Lina blew up another bandit's headquarters.

"Well, I'm just punishing them for stealing." Lina defended," They got what was coming for them anyway."

"I guess you're right." Sakura sighed.

---------------------------

Sakura swung her legs back and forth as she looked back at her reflection in the pond under the balconey.

She was sitting in the railing of the hotel. Lina had used the money she stole to get rooms in a very fine hotel . Sakura was put into a trance just by staring at the water of the pond.

A pebble dropped into the pond making a splash and braking her out of her trance.

"Huh?" She turned to see Xellos standing on the railing beside her. He was also staring into the water. He dropped another pebble into the pond.

"Xellos?" Sakura asked," Why are you always around me? It seems there's never a time when I'm alone and without you."

"It's to early for questions." Xellos simply said while giving her a mysterious grin almost like Eriol's.

"But....but....." Sakura stammered," Then can you answer one of my previous questions?"

Xellos shook his head and Sakura felt a bit disappointed. She looked back at the waters of the pond. Another pebble dropped down.

"People can change emotions like a drop of a pebble." Xellos said in a mysterious kind of way.Sakura nodded.

"What are you anyway?" Sakura asked," Lina told me you are a mozuku, a monster. Is that true? Then, are you emotionless and feel no love?"

Sakura didn't dare to look Xellos in the eye after that question, but if she did, she would have seen his questioning look.

"Why do you want to know?" Xellos asked suspisciously. Sakura looked back at him.

"Curious. I just wanted to know." Sakura clapped her hands together as an idea came to her. But before she could tell Xellos Lina interupted her.

"WOULD YOU TWO GET TO SLEEP ALREADY?!?! YOU'RE KEEPING ME UP!!!"Lina shouted.

"I guess, I'll have to say goodnight before Lina fireballs us" Sakura said as she went back to her room.

----------------

Sakura sighed and turned towards the others. They were all standing in the middle of a huge field. Lina wanted Sakura to show how much she had learned.

"You ready Sakura?" Lina asked.

Sakura nodded and turned around. She raised her hand and began chanting the spell udner her breath. About half-way through the spell she started to forget what came next, she paused then continued to chant what most likely would fit. Finally she realized that she had messed up the whole spell and began to chant again, but a bright flash was seen and a ball of misty light gathered in her hand.

Sakura was startled and yelped. Something started gathering around her which looked a lot like ghosts. She could hear the others fear as Amelia started to scream.

'I think this spell is for summoning the dead! If there is such a spell!' Sakura thought as spirits started swirling around her and when they started making scary moaning and screaming Sakura screamed in fear and through the ball of mistly light upwards.

Unluckily, Xellos came at the wrong time as he transported to see what was going on there, the ball of misty light Sakura had thrown exploded and colors started to swirl around.

------------------

Sakura groaned and opened her eyes. What happened? was the first thought that ran through her mind.

She sat up to see everybody also passed out on the ground. She carefully stood up and looked around. Nothing seemed to be different than before.

"What....what happened?" Sakura turned to see Lina getting up.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know this would happen! I didn't even know the other half of the spell! I'm sorry!" Sakura wailed and ran to hug Lina.

"Um...it's okay since you didn't mean it.." Lina said a bit uncomfortablely, trying to get Sakura to calm down," Is everybody else okay?"

"I'm alright." Zelgadis answered from behind her.

"Me too!" Amelia chirped, rather cherrfully.

"Zzzzzzzzz...." Was all that came from Gourry.

"What about Fruitcake? I thought I saw him before the flash of light..." Lina said thoughtfully looking around.

"What...happened?"

They all turned to see Xellos standing there with his eyes open and a rather questioning expression on his face.

"Fruitcake! This was probably your fault!" Zelgadis accused.

"Zel! Calm down!" Lina said.

"It was my fault! I forgot the rest of the spell and just said anything! Are you alright?" Sakura asked.

"My head feels a bit fuzzy..." Xellos said thoughtfully, closing his eyes and putting a finger to his chin in thought," And I can't seem to feel all your negegative emotions anymore..."

"What do you mean, Mr.Xellos?" Amelia asked.

"Let's talk about this back at the inn. Maybe we'll even find out what spell you just cast if you can remember what you said when you were chanting." Lina suggested.

"Okay."

------------------

They were all sitting around a table at the inn, trying to figure out what to say while Gourry and Lina fought over the food.

Xellos was trying to think what had happened to him, Zelgadis was just sipping his coffee and Amelia and Sakura both exchanging worried expressions to Xellos.

Suddenly Xellos sat up abruptly, causing everyone to jump.

"I can believe it! It can't be happening!" Xellos started to wail," I can't be! I can't be!"

Xellos fell on his knees in agony.

"Can't be what?" Amelia, Sakura and Lina all asked in unison.

"A human." Xellos whispered, almost unheard.

"What?!" Everyone around the table, except the dumbfound Gourry who didn't have any clue what was going on. screeched.