Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Black Rose ❯ A Dark Desire ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: Controversial issues. It is on the same line as pedophilic relationships, and possibly more controversial than homosexuality. This fic is very, very dark, take the rating seriously. There will be some smut scenes, but not graphic.
 
Disclaimer: The idea of this fanfic is inspired by the love shared between Setsuna and Sara (from Angel Sanctuary), but the plot is very different from Angel Santuary and so is the characterization.
 
Story dedication: to Shaaarona-chan for being such a great inspiration to my writing, thank to so much for leaving such long analytic reviews for every one of my story. To selina-m for being such a great reader and reviewer, your reviews have really touched my heart. To SiMply Sakura-chan for being such a sweetheart and for being such a great forum buddy. And finally, last but not the least, to Chibi-Cookies for being a sweetie and for putting my name up in her bio as one of her favorite writers on FF.N. I lub you guys!
 
A Black Rose
By: Aisaki Sumi
 
Summary: In the world of riches where money can grant wishes like a genie in a bottle, Li Syaoran is a successful businessman who has everything but tormented by a dark desire for someone he can never have, Sakura. [Sakura x Syaoran, a very dark fic]
 
-------------------------------
Chapter One
A Dark Desire
 
Pervasive sadness in knowing nothing can be changed because their lives are discrete entities: one of dazzling people and soft words to elicit the perfect smile and touching the hearts of many; and another of harsh coolness and a master at the game of human psychology and knows exactly what he wants.
 
Conflict in Eden was their albatross—not enough, never enough, time.
---------------------------------
 
He wanted her. It was a simple, yet it was a dark desire, forbidden in the eyes of many. It was sinful, beyond just sinful. The desire was the turmoil of his heart, tormenting his dark soul day and night; a burden that he must carry alone until the end of time. Such strong desire, lust, want; it was beyond his mind's comprehension. It was too much even for him to handle.
 
Perhaps he was going insane, or already was insane.
 
His actions were driven by this dark passion. He succumbed to the power of alcohol and sex, often using others to distract himself. Dating other women; having countless numbers of one-night stands, had become his daily routine when he thought he needed an escape.
 
He wanted to get away from memories of her, but no matter how hard he tried to erase her beautiful, innocent face from his mind, he just couldn't. He even tried to find someone who looked like her to fill up the hole in his heart. However he knew it was just his desperation speaking. He could never replace her in his heart. Never. Because she was simply irreplaceable.
 
Shadowed amber eyes gazed icily into the vacant space before him, as if looking without actually seeing. His office was dark, encompassed by threatening blackness whose company he thoroughly enjoyed.
 
The dark, velvet curtains shielded away the invasive lights that were trying to peer through the thick material. It gave away the impression of an artificial night, where he could be embraced by the presence of a soul-calming darkness that he appreciated so much.
 
Darkness was his only companion. It understood him, knew his secrets, his darkest secrets; the most sinful ones. It knew what his heart longed for and the ugly soul that was hidden behind his handsome mask.
 
He was the devil, Satan's reincarnation.
 
Li Syaoran was a powerful man, one of the most successful businessmen in Asia. He had everything most could only dream of having: money, a high status, and the multi-billion dollar Li cooperation under his command.
 
But there was one thing he wanted the most, and couldn't have. That thing was a girl named Sakura. She was the only thing he ever wanted, ever wanted to possess, ever wanted to hold. Yet he couldn't.
 
It was forbidden. It was wrong. It was aberrant. It was errant. It was perceived as deeds of the devil.
 
His mind was plagued by these thoughts day and night, irking him to no end. He felt frustrated — irritated by the simple fact that he couldn't have her. It made him feel like a failure, like a loser, like nothing.
 
This obsession was slowly eating away his threadbare sanity. It was devouring him, luring him into the realms of insanity, of madness. He was being irrational, out of character, losing his usual calm and collective personality.
 
She was his only weakness; his only flaw. Yet it was a flaw that he never wanted to amend, never wanted to let go of.
 
Sometimes he wondered if his eyes revealed too much when he watched her silently from (1) afar. After all, the eyes are the windows to one's soul, no matter how hard one wanted to conceal the emotions away, their eyes would display it all.
 
And he was quite certain that their line of sight had collided more than just once. He couldn't keep the longing look in his eyes hidden, he just couldn't.
 
His mother knew about this secret of his, the one that he struggled to keep hidden in the darkness. It was the only reason why she divorced his father and took away the only precious person in his life.
 
They were forbidden to see each other, and even if they did, he wasn't permitted to approach her, or be near her within a radius of fifteen meters. His mother wanted to keep her innocent little girl away from the claws of the devil.
 
A mother's overly protective intuitions he presumed.
 
He still remembered the day when his mother found of about his secret love for Sakura, the one that obtained greater depth than that of a simple brotherly love. Yelan was fuming, furious beyond belief.
 
Like an offended tiger protecting her children, she growled at him, bellowed at him, screamed at him and called him the reincarnation of the devil himself. She threatened to take Sakura away from him, to a place where he could never reach.
 
The words echoed still in his mind even up to this day.
 
I knew you were an evil child! I knew you were going to bring trouble to us and plague this family the day you were born! You're not my son, you're the devil! You're not Syaoran! Those hurtful words were spat out from the mouth of his supposedly loving mother.
 
Ever since he was a child, he knew she treated her differently from Sakura. He had caught those icy, hateful glances, full of resentment and disdain directed his way when she thought he wasn't looking.
 
She had always been more affectionate toward Sakura, his younger sister, than to him, and attempted to keep her away from him as much as she could.
 
Syaoran didn't mind it back then, he thought she was just being her old, overprotective self and that was all. But he was wrong. He was proved wrong on his fourteenth birthday when she found him holding onto Sakura in a way perceived by her as inappropriate and forbidden.
 
How could you Syaoran?! She is your sister for god's sake! Just how low and how disgusting can you get?! I've been watching you for the past several years, trying to convince myself that you will not do this to me, to this family. I thought you would eventually change and lose the devil's shadow in you from my strict way of raising you. But I was wrong! How could I have ever thought that the devil can actually change?
 
On the same day, she filed a divorce and moved out of the Li mansion, leaving his stunned, speechless father and a bewildered son behind.
 
It was on that fateful, inevitable day that she walked out of his life, stealing away the person he regarded as the most precious one in his life.
 
She took away Sakura, his younger sister — the one he loved ever since he was a child and the one he still loved up to this day even as a twenty-two-year old businessman.
 
He only saw her once a year, sometimes once three years. Their meetings were sporadically planned. Their destinies were like the golden threads weaved by the constantly spinning wheel of fate. Neither could predict what the future had installed for them, but Syaoran was quite positive that it wouldn't be great.
 
A sigh heavy of aggravation escaped his parted lips as he sank deeper into his black leather chair. His eyes aligned with the darkened ceiling, as he was lost in deep contemplation once again.
 
The ghastly silence that filled the room was the one that could be broken with the simple drop of a needle. It rang in his ears, almost mockingly, silently whispering the sins he had committed, taunted him with a different blackmail-worthy secret.
 
It was then the phone suddenly decided to ring. Narrowing his amber eyes annoyingly at the offensive, unnerving ringing, he called his secretary. Or rather, yelled at her. “Sayuri! Get the goddamned phone!” The order came out as harsh as he had intended.
 
“Yes sir!” He heard a loud and clear answer through the thick, well-polished dark red door, (2) followed by a loud clatter of what sounded like the falling of a stack of important documents and some other personal belongings.
 
Furrowing his eyebrows into a discontent frown, Syaoran could only message his pained temples, feeling a heavy migraine coming.
 
She was so going to get fired.
 
The door was shoved open with a force too great to be applied to such expensive surfaces. A young woman in her early twenties scampered into the room with a flushing face. Her business suit was stained a dark, brown tinge of what seemed like spilled coffee.
 
She pushed aside the strands of dark hazel locks that were threatening to get in her way before picking up the phone for Syaoran.
 
“Hello, Li Cooperation, Li Syaoran's office. May I inquire who is calling?” She greeted the caller with a formal and polite tone, despite the fact that she had just caused a huge mess and rushed into her boss's office covered in spilled coffee. Her breathing was uneven and rapid, yet she concealed it all from the caller.
 
After a few moments of nodding and paled expressions, Sayuri covered the speaker part of the phone and turned to Syaoran with a white face. “It's Takahashi Satomi-san!” She whispered in a panicky tone, horrid eyes boring into the deep pools of amber, scouting for help and instruction.
 
Crossing his arms, Syaoran stared at her nonchalantly. “Tell her I no longer wish to see her.” He said coolly with little hesitation, as if breaking up was just part of his everyday routine. This earned him a look that was torn between disappointment and exasperation.
 
Sayuri turned away and inhaled deeply. “I am sorry Takahashi-san. I am afraid Li-san has some important business to take care of and this will take up a lot of his time. He will probably be very occupied by work for the next few months and he wishes you the best of luck to find someone else. He says he is sure that the person will be a much better lover than him, and will be able to offer you more which is what you deserve.”
 
Sayuri sighed softly as she listened to the woman on the other line sob helplessly in her hands. She didn't know why her boss was such a player, or a certified heartbreaker to be more exact.
 
And worse, she was always the one doing his dirty breaking-up work for him. Sometimes she wondered if she could sue him for using her like this, after all, it wasn't part of the job description and contract when she signed it. But she quickly decided to toss the idea aside as she felt his piecing eyes on her.
 
Paralyzed under such a gaze, Sayuri felt her face growing warmer by the passing second, and her heart beating an excited, highly unnatural rhythm.
 
Right, she almost forgot that he was the most gorgeous man in Japan, a natural heart-throb and charmer. No woman was ever able to escape him. They could only throw themselves at his feet and beg him to take them with little dignity, if any at all.
 
Hearing a soft, quiet rustling of fabrics and a light squeak from the leather chair, she titled her head to the direction of the sound but only to find him staring directly into her eyes with a charming, seductive and devious smirk playing on his lips.
 
His face was only inches away from hers, and she could feel his warm, moistened breathe beating against her skin, causing a tingling sensation in the area of contact. And this realization made her heartbeat escalate.
 
“You're doing a wonderful job, Sayuri.” He complimented her huskily, scented breath weakening her defense system. He could see the dark scarlet tinge on her cheeks, and this mere fact amused him.
 
No woman could ever resist him. They became his prey and property the moment he set the pair of irresistible and predatory eyes on them. Knowing the fact that they all would willingly submit themselves to him just made him feel more like a winner.
 
“Th-thank you sir.” She stammered, becoming incoherent as her mind blanked out. She wanted to move away from him, yet found herself mesmerized by his enticing amber eyes.
 
The air she had inhaled a moment ago was caught in her throat. All she could do at the moment was to pray for some sort of distraction that would break this intensive eye contact between them.
 
“Baka onii-chan! (Stupid brother)” The loud brawl echoed through the heavy air as the once closed door was kicked open. Syaoran pulled away and gawked at the door with widened eyes.
 
It was none other than the auburn haired girl he had longed for silently for as long as he could remember. She was no longer the girl he used to know, but still not old enough to be a woman. Fuming, she stomped her way into the dark office, a hand resting on her hip as she glared at him in exasperation. Her face was flushing a brilliant scarlet color as she breathed harshly; an indication of her previous aggressive exercise.
 
“Why didn't you show up?!” She demanded angrily, hands tightening into taut firsts, ready to throw a punch at anyone who dared to offend her at that moment.
 
“I was busy.” Syaoran cleared his throat, veiling his emotions once again as he looked down at her. There was one thing he loved about her was her hot temper, the almost childish accusing glower in her large emerald green eyes.
 
Straightening out his shirt, he ambled over to where she stood and raised a hand into the air to ruffle her short auburn hair.
 
“Aren't you supposed to be a good girl and stay with okaa-san?” He asked in a soft tone, a caring glint glimmering in his usual cold amber eyes.
 
A quite humph was all he received from her. Chuckling humorlessly to himself, his hand slid down to her cheek. His thumb traced over the contour of her visage, taking the time to caress the silky, creamy white skin. Several shades of red pervaded her cheeks but she didn't move away from the gentle touch. This made Syaoran smile. His eyes trailed over the shape of her crescent shaped eyebrows, the pouty lips begging to be kissed, and eyes that smoldered a challenge.
 
“Baka onii-chan, you promised me we would have dinner together.” She grumbled sulkily, thick, light lashes fluttering alluringly, tugging at Syaoran's heart relentlessly.
 
“But mother said--”
 
“I don't care about what she says!” She declared angrily.
 
They stared at each other for a moment, deep ambers bearing the slightest surprise and sparkling emeralds glistening fierce with determination.
 
“I know mother treats us differently. She shows me so much love yet treats you with open hostility.” She trailed off, words light and soft, fading into a bare whisper. “But that doesn't mean we can't see each other anymore!”
 
Syaoran gazed at her for a moment, the look in his eyes was tender and yet infinitely sad. Tearing his eyes off her before they decide to betray more of his thoughts, he turned away, starting to stroll toward the door, leaving a puzzled Sakura behind.
 
“Onii-chan?” She inquired timidly, inquisitive emerald eyes following him.
 
Halting into a stop before stepping out of the office, Syaoran turned around, a smirk curved on his lips. “Stay here if you want while I go get myself something to eat.” With that being said, he twisted around and began to walk away.
 
“Hey! Wait for me!” Sakura cried out, hurrying out of the dimly lit office as she chased after her brother.
 
`Siblings' was the word that defined their relationship. It was the invisible chain that incarcerated him from moving toward her. It was the mountain that separated them; the brick walls that divided their worlds.
 
He could never have her.
 
He could never display his affections to her openly.
 
Because she was his sister.
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
A/N: Ho ho ho, incest. Yes puke right now if you want, I never asked you to read it in the first place. If you're thinking about flaming me and starting the name-callings, let me just tell you one thing. Your flames will be mocked at and laughed at and used to cook my breakfast. I've warned you at the beginning of the fic that this might be very offending to certain readers. If you ignored the warning and went ahead and read it, whose fault is it? Not mine, yours. Flaming me would only make you seem more like an illiterate idiot because you apparently can't read the warning.
 
With that being said, open-minded reviewers will be adored and given huge chocolate hearts :P
 
Chapter one completion date: 14/03/2006
Words: 2,816 (excluding the notes at the beginning and end)
 
Disregard all mistakes.