Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Black Rose ❯ An Unforgivable Sin ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: this story is inspired by Angel Sanctuary, created by the talented Yuki Kaori-sensei. The characterization is inspired by Yuki-sensei's characters: Setsuna (Syaoran in this case), Sara (Sakura), and the protective mother (Yelan).
 
A Black Rose
By: Aisaki Sumi
 
Chapter Two
An Unforgivable Sin
 
Hold my hand and say my name and the red staining the ground is in actuality seven million butterflies flapping over a field of dreams. Smile and kiss me and we can pretend in our make-believe world before the vase falls and the glass shatters.
 
Elegant music saturated the room, creating an atmosphere of light cheer as those who were at top of society pages mingled. Glasses full of the most expensive champagne used more as a prop than a drink. Idle chatter that said nothing and yet was full of intimacy. A room full of the richest, wealthiest members of society all set to enjoy another gala event.
 
“I thought we were going to some fast food restaurant.” Mumbled Sakura quietly with perplexity lacing in her voice as if anything louder than a bare whisper would be considered as impudent.
 
As her eyes swept across the room, she became more and more aware of the status of the occupants of this stylish restaurant. Elegance and sophistication. It was a place for successful people like her brother and his business associates.
 
“I lied.” Syaoran dismissed the topic that had potential to turn into a long, pointless argument. Sakura shot him an accusing glare but he shrugged it off easily with nonchalance, unbothered by the fact that unsaid threats were embedded in those beautiful emerald eyes.
 
Turning to face the receptionist behind the receptionist table, Syaoran stated his name and inquired for the table he had reserved earlier that day, or rather he got Sayuri to reserve it for him since he was too preoccupied by thoughts of a certain someone.
 
“Please give me a moment sir while I go through the reservation list.” The receptionist gave Syaoran a little bow and smile as his polite gesture before he lowered his head to skim through the long list of names. Syaoran stood there, one foot taping impatiently on the carpeted floor as he surveyed the restaurant.
 
“You made reservations already and yet you didn't even bother give me a phone call?” She glared at him menacingly; the volume of her voice rising little by little. The words were almost forced out of her mouth between her gritted teeth. Lips suppressed into a thin line she crossed her arms in front of her chest. “And stop that tapping.” She added, almost growling in a sense. This made Syaoran chuckle softly. At that moment, she really reminded him of a chiding mother who nagged her children endlessly.
 
He wanted to make a smartass retort to her comment but refrained himself from giving into the temptation. The last thing he needed right now was a black eye from Sakura.
 
“I'll lead you to your reserved table Mr. Li.” The receptionist suddenly offered, the unwavering polite smile attached to his face permanently.
 
Syaoran followed the receptionist's lead as they made their way through the zigzagging path. This restaurant was always full and frequently occupied by only the wealthiest people. He wasn't exactly that fond of this place, but he wanted to take her out to somewhere nice and fancy, since it wasn't everyday that a teenage girl becomes a woman.
 
“This is your reserved table.” The receptionist finally came to a stop to the table positioned near a beautiful water fountain and right beside a large window which spanned the entire wall. It reminded him of a glass house. They could see the night sky, the heavens through the transparent wall.
 
Syaoran's vision aligned with the distant starlit sky. The night sky was like a velvet blanket, wrapping itself around the earth with such care, as if it were a delicate and dainty treasure. It was a rich shade of indigo mixed with a darkened blue color, like refined, ebony silk dappled with stars. It was breathtakingly beautiful.
 
“Mi' lady.” The receptionist pulled out the chair for Sakura and bowed deeply, a freehand gesturing her to take a seat. Sakura was taken aback by the receptionist's politeness and sat down stiffly; slightly uncomfortable and embarrassed by the way she was being treated.
 
“Just admit the fact that you're still a child.” The comment reached Sakura's ears, causing her to jerk her head backward. A defiant look grimaced over her face as she shot him a glare full of contempt straight at the smirking Syaoran. “Am not!” She defied, puffing out her chest proudly.
 
“Ah, whatever you say Sakura.”
 
“Baka onii-chan!” She grumbled and glowered at him, but he seemed rather unaffected by it. Giving up, Sakura leaned against the table, elbows pressed against the white table cloth while warm palms cupped her cheeks, mouth forming a small pout.
 
She watched her older brother skim through the menu with little interest and realized how long it had been since the last time she saw him at their last family reunion party.
 
She had somehow managed, miraculously, to convince her mother into throwing family reunion parties once every two years. The convincing and begging process was long and hard, but she pulled it off, and now at least she could see him once every two years without having to sneak out of the house and tip-toe into where he lived.
 
It was wrong, to look at her brother that way, to long for his touches and kisses. She knew it whole-heartedly, yet she couldn't stop herself from committing those sins. Even the great ocean of Neptune could not cleanse her of her sins.
 
But it was love. It was her fate, pre-ordered by God, and the supernatural forces that governed the universe.
 
The stars in the night sky represented each one of the residences of the planet earth. Sometimes they twinkled brightly in the dark velvety background, and sometimes they were dim. These periodical changes were haphazard, random, and indicated that fate was unpredictable, that life was just a play written by the hands of fate. They had no control over it.
 
And she knew that they were star crossed lovers, if he ever loved her at all in the way she loved him.
 
Sometimes she would watch him from afar, observing how he could charm the ladies with a smile, and how he could break their hearts with a few simple words.
 
It made her wonder, ponder on how it would feel to be in a relationship with him, and how it would feel to be loved by him, even if it ended with her heart being shattered into pieces.
 
A surge of emotions she never bothered to define would explode in her chest whenever she watched him bend down to plant a chaste kiss on his girlfriends' lips. Envy and jealousy would burn in her veins.
 
She wanted to be held by him, and melt in his arms as they danced in close proximity. It might be one of her teenage fantasies, but she wanted him, she wanted his love. She wanted him to love her more than just a little sister.
 
She gazed at him, feeling dazed as her eyes traveled down from his soft chestnut hair, and down to his eyebrows, to his captive amber eyes, perfect jaw and irresistible lips. Everything about him was perfect.
 
He was the man of every woman's dreams, the prince charming described in fairytales. It struck her as infinitely ironic that the man of her deepest desire was actually her brother. (4) It was sick; twisted, but thrilling in a sense.
 
“Sakura, quit staring at me and decide on what you're going to order.” Sakura blinked dumbfounded, eyes increasing in their size as she saw that Syaoran was grinning at her smugly.
 
Damn, he had caught her staring. Mumbling something unintelligible under her breath, Sakura flipped through her menu absentmindedly, trying to get over the embarrassing predicament she had gotten herself into.
 
The amused chuckle from her brother just irritated her more. “Oh shut up.” She snapped.
 
They always treated each other like that. It was one of the things she loved about their relationship. He liked to tease her, watch her pout at him childishly, and she enjoyed the feeling of being teased by him, even though she acted as if she hated him. (4) Their little fights made her feel special, almost privileged, knowing that only she could receive this kind of attention from him.
 
“I'm turning eighteen tomorrow.” She suddenly stated, blurting out the words that had been attempting to roll off her tongue for the past few hours. The grin on his lips waned slightly, but the distinction was subtle. Green eyes falling upon the handsome young businessman before her, she watched the dim lighting of the restaurant cast a soft glow off his hair and remembered how she used to run her fingers through them when they were young.
 
“Congratulations.” Was all he said. A cold feeling of disappointment rushed into the chambers of her heart. That's it? She wanted to ask. Looking down at her empty plate before her, her heart ached painfully, thudding loudly, hollowly of the unsaid hurt. Silken auburn bangs fell into her eyes, masking her saddened expression.
 
The last thing she wanted him to see was her weakness.
 
“Are you coming to my party this year?” She questioned softly as her lips trembled, trying to maintain her calmness, but her voice was shaking and cracking.
 
Silence reigned between them, the only thing they would hear at that moment, excluding the uneven beatings of their hearts, was the slow, harmonious ballad in the background, making up for the lack of exchange of words between them.
 
“Nope.” He finally decided on the appropriate reply seconds later.
 
The tension continued to build up between them until it was no longer tolerable, but before Sakura could cast aside her internal debate on whether or not she should speak up, the silence was shattered by the clattering of dishes. It was almost a relief when the waiter showed up with their food.
 
Sakura looked up at the waiter questioningly as he placed a pleasantly looking dish in front of her. “But I--” before she could finish her sentence, Syaoran provided her with the information she was seeking for without being asked.
 
“I ordered it for you.”
 
“Oh.”
 
The quite `oh' resounded in the air as she looked down, scrutinizing her food. He knew exactly what she liked, what she hated, reading her mind as if it were an open book.
 
This made her contemplate sometimes, over whether or not he had discovered her hidden feelings for him yet. She was quite certain that the signs were obvious, or maybe he just ignored those hints and refused to acknowledge her as more than a sister.
 
Feeling sudden frustration arising inside of her, she grabbed the wine bottle placed on the side and poured a large quantity of the thick dark scarlet liquid into her empty glass. Grabbing onto her glass, she emptied it within a few seconds. She breathed heavily as she stared into the distance. She could feel his concerned, inquisitive eyes on her, but she could have cared less at that moment.
 
She expected him to say something, or chide her for drinking. But he didn't. And to say this surprised her would be the greatest understatement of the year. Taking it as his permission, she finished another glass of wine hastily. The clinks of forks and plates and glasses filled her head, spinning around the soft music. She was left with little room to think.
 
Dinner progressed on, and she was more focused on the drinks than on her food. It was practically untouched.
 
One bottle down after another, until her brain felt fuzzy and her vision became blurry and unclear did he stop her from taking a larger dosage of alcohol. “That's enough.” The firm words reached her ears, floating in her mind, an overly gladden smile danced on her lips.
 
“Ne onii-chan.” She purred, freeing her hand from the empty glass with a drop of wine staining its clear bottom. Her hand reached over to his side of the table and touched the hand resting beside the vase in between them. He flinched at the sudden contact, but didn't pull away. She took it as an invitation to continue her previous task, the smile widened.
 
“Take me home.” She requested, locking their eyes into a deep, meaningful gaze, as if she was trying to pass down a message to him, the one that depicted the feelings she could never translate into words.
 
“Take me back to your place tonight.” She added, a seductive smile touched by the slightest hints of unspeakable sorrow. Even though her mind has been numbed by the large quantity of induced alcohol, she knew what she was doing. This was what she wanted, she told herself, all she ever wanted was to submit herself to him.
 
He froze on the spot momentarily, muscles stiffened as he stared at her unblinkingly, unsure of how to respond to the abrupt request.
 
“Please.” The submissive, innocent, susceptible look in her eyes tugged at his heart, causing it to beat wildly in his chest. It was nearly impossible to refuse her, and the hints of vulnerability tempted him immensely. Unable to battle his dark desires, he held onto her hand and left the money on the table.
 
……
 
They went back to his enormous, vacant, unoccupied condo. The large glass balcony door spanned the entire wall, revealing the beautiful night sky, lit by the blinding city lights of Tokyo. The lights of the bedroom weren't turned on as Syaoran barged in with Sakura in his arms. He laid her down on the bed and observed her. The silly smile lingered still on her face as she aligned her vision with his.
 
“Go to sleep kiddo.” He instructed like any older brother would and ruffled her hair once again, causing one strand to stick out here and there. Before he could lift himself off the bed and walk away without doing anything inappropriate to her that he knew he would regret later on, she grabbed onto his white shirt firmly, forcing him to look at her, to acknowledge her existence.
 
“Sakura--” before he could even dispute anything, she reached over to pull him down, and their lips parted and met intimately. Syaoran was shocked, stunned, but surrendered easily to the pressure of her soft lips exerted against his. He had always wondered how those sweet, tender lips would taste, and now he knew.
 
She broke the kiss right then, heated emerald eyes full of desire. “I love you,” she whispered the forbidden, sinful confession. The light, nearly silent words sounded exceptionally loud in the quiet room. “Take me tonight.” She breathed heavily, arms still wrapped around his neck.
 
Casting aside his doubt and shame, he pulled her closer to him, concealing those sweet lips once more, kissing her with a great passion unmatched by any other. It was hungry, needy, and full of love. He felt her hand running up his neck and through his hair, clutching onto it as she pressed her heated body against him. Her touches were light, inexperienced, yet maddening.
 
When Syaoran's lips finally trailed away from her mouth, he nipped a path down her creamy neck, his heavy breath beating against the moistened areas. Hearing a moan, his talented hands roamed up her body and worked to unzip the dress she wore while his wicked tongue traced over the sensitive skin along her shoulder from her neck.
 
Her hands were no longer in his hair, but down to his chest, tapered fingers fumbling their way to unbutton his white shirt while feeling the firmness of his well-built chest.
 
It was then he pushed her down to the bed with his body, hands pinning her down against the mingled bed sheets and pillows and looked at her seriously. “Are you sure about this Sakura?”
 
Her chest was rising and falling rapidly unevenly as she nodded her head, despite the nervous knots tied in her stomach and the butterflies that were protesting loudly within her. “Never been surer, onii-chan.” She panted before closing her eyes; drowning in the arms of the man she loved the most.
 
“Syaoran. Call me Syaoran.” He whispered to her ears, moistened breathe tickling the sensitive skin. She shivered in pleasure and nodded in comprehension.
 
“Syaoran.” She echoed, trying the name on her tongue before he covered her mouth with his.
 
Gentle hands slided over slick, smooth skin and the two of them rocked against each other, eyes closed, mouths adhered, tongues tangled and hands struggling to find purchase on slippery skin.
 
This was their sin, a moment stolen from the rest of the world.
 
It was wrong, yet it felt sinfully right.
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
A/N: ah I just wrote my first semi-smutty scene! (runs away and hides in shame and mumbles to self “gah…this is so embarrassing”) I blame my obsession with the forbidden territories on Angel Sanctuary, Gravitation and Loveless (a proud Shounen-ai fangirl at heart, bring on the forbidden stuff baby! Buwahaha X3). Sorry about my horrible attempt at writing a smut or lemon, or whatever you wanna call it. T.T The next chappie is the last one of this small series. Stay tuned and the finale is coming!
 
Open-minded and supportive reviews are welcomed. Flames will be ignored.
 
Chapter two completion date: 14/03/2006
 
Next chapter (the finale) is coming, near completion :D