Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New Card Game ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: A Whole New Card Game

Author: yaoi_luver_17 & Rhea

Disclaimer: I don't own it.

Rating: PG-PG-13

Content: Nothing big. There will probably be a semi-R rated love scene at the end but that's about it.

Coupling: Syaoran/Sakura, side couple: Tomoyo/Eriol

Cardcaptor Sakura Story

Chapter 8

By: Rhea & Megan

"No..." Syaoran gasped out in disbelief.

How had this happened? Why did he feel like he was dying inside? His head ached, his soul ached...his heart ached.

"Sakura..." He whimpered, tears stinging his eyes and threatening to role down his flushed cheeks.

He clenched his hands into fists at his lap, doing all that was within his power not to cry...but he couldn't stop. The tear streamed from his eyes and splashed down onto the concrete roof on which he sat. He didn't even acknowledge the presence of the girl behind him as she `humphed' and walked off, feeling that she had finished her job successfully.

"Li-kun...Li-kun!"

Syaoran's head sapped up at the sound of his name. It sounded as if it was coming from far away. He looked around himself, barley seeing anything let alone anyone with his eyes still dripping pained tears.

"Li-kun!"

"Hey brat!"

"NANI?!" Syaoran bellowed out in anger.

"Kero-chan!" A young girl's voice reprimanded. "Be nice."

That voice... That voice was so familiar. Where was it coming from? He crawled up to the edge that Sakura had plummeted from only a few moments ago to see her ascending towards him like an angel. He gasped and fell back on his bottom as she and Keroberos reached the top and moved to stand next to him on the roof.

"Li-kun?" Sakura gasped, kneeling next to the boy's seated form. "Daijoubu ga?" She asked, eyes darting all about him in worry, checking for any wounds that witch might of caused him.

"Aa." Syaoran confirmed, looking directly into Sakura's eyes with wonder. `Why is my heart beating so fast?'

Sakura meet Syaoran's eyes evenly, her own widened with more then a little shock as she noticed Li's face was streaked with tears.

`Was...was he crying for me?' She asked in burgeoning awe and wonder.

Flashback:

She was falling, plummeting into the sky. Scared, yes, worried, of course. She was gonna die, she just knew it.

`Someone, help me!' "SYAORAN!"

And she was answered back by a voice equally in worry, if not more: "SAKURA!"

End Flashback:

A knowing look crossed Sakura's countenance and she smiled sweetly. "Arigatou...Li-kun."

"What for?" Syaoran asked, blushing softly at the beautiful look on Sakura's face.

"For calling me Sakura." She answered, her smile becoming more sincere, if at all possible. "May I call you Syaoran-kun?"

Syaoran blushed from the roots of his hair to the tips of his toes at the question. Only Meiling had ever called him that and now here was Sakura who had some how gotten under his skin within the time span of about two weeks. That were already past the formal form of conversation and now were becoming more intimate by the means of names. But the one thing that shocked Syaoran was that he didn't care what Sakura called him, just as long as she would be with him...

"Aa."

"Yakata!" Sakura chirped, reaching into one of her pockets to retrieve her handkerchief .

She scooted closer to Syaoran and lifted the soft, lace trimmed cloth to his flushed cheeks, whipping away the tears with soft strokes and smiled softly again.

Syaoran blushed deeper, his heart pounding as he studied Sakura's every move. The soft cloth and touch against his cheeks were enough to make him purr and he practically had to struggle not to. His eyes hooded as Sakura took the cloth away and replaced it with her even softer hand to pet Syaoran's cheek for a moment

Kero stood by, watching the display with a weary eye. He practically growled aloud as Syaoran closed his eyes completely with a sigh and leaned into Sakura's touch.

"Alright, alright! Break it up break it up!" He roared, snorting in protective agitation for his mistress.

Syaoran and Sakura snapped too with a gasp. When each realized what they were doing they both flushed brightly and turned away from each other to look at the ground beneath them.

"Can we go home now?" Kero wined, sounding like a bored five-year-old.

"Hai." Sakura answered softly as she rose up on her feet.

She held out her hand to Syaoran in invitation, offering to help him to his feet. He gladly accepted, taking hold of her hand and gasping as a charged jolt of electricity ran through their clasped hands. Sakura seemed to notice too, for she was gapping in wide-eyed wonder at the feeling.

Kero growled softly as the two had yet to release each other, and, if he didn't know any better, he'd say they were about to kiss. He walked up to his mistress and bumped her with the tip of his tail to knock her back to the `real world'.

"Sakura-chan!" He wined again. "Come on; let's go."

"Ugh-hai." She answered, releasing Syaoran's hand slowly. "Would you like a ride home?"

"Hey! What do I look like, public transportation?!" Kero growled.

"Ugh-ha, ha, ha..." Sakura laughed nervously, putting a hand behind her head and turning back to look at Syaoran.

Daijoubu, I'll walk home. I need to be alone and think a few things through." Li refused, walking past Sakura and Kero to a door leading to the stairs.

Sakura watched him go, somewhat disappointed that he had turned down her offer. She sighed heavily and hopped up onto Kero's back, clenching his golden fur in her tiny hands as he took to the sky.

*~*~*~*

In the staircase in the building Syaoran watched Sakura fly away. He pressed his hand to the cool glass and sighed heavily. Closing his eyes against the retreating girl, Syaoran sighed again.

"Sakura-chan...I think I'm falling."