Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Bet ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter One - Bet

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - I don't own CCS, nor do I claim to. Neither do I own the movie "She's All That". They all belong to their respective owners.

Author's Notes - I have up to chapter 10 done, but I'm posting a chapter here on Mediaminer one per day. So here's chapter one, R&R! :P

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol

Summary - Sakura arrives at school, only to find that she's totally lost. Meanwhile, the gang are hanging upstairs...

----------

"So Meiling really broke up with you over the summer?" Asked a girl with long dark hair.

Beside her, a boy with amber eyes shrugged, and continued to watch the people gather around the school. "Its no big deal, Tomoyo." He sighed, leaning against a bar and eyeing the crowd more closely. He didn't want to meet Meiling just yet - not after she dumped him for some guy she had met on the beach during summer break. "She was my cousin anyway...it was just..kinda weird, really."

The girl, Tomoyo, nodded. "But she spent all those years trying to get you to go out with her...and finally, when you agreed, you didn't even last a whole month."

"Maybe I'm not meant to find the right girl." The boy sighed.

Tomoyo was about to say something, but was interrupted by a pair of arms wrapping around her possessively, and a murmur in her ear of "Hey Tomoyo-chan."

"Eriol-kun!" She giggled, leaning back against him, "When did you get here?"

"Just then." He smiled, "And I've already heard the news." He stated, gaze turning to the other boy, who smacked his hand against his forehead.

"Don't tell me!" " He cried, "Everyone knows what happened with me and Meiling?"

Eriol nodded in answer.

"Why me?" He sighed.

"Syaoran-kun, I'm sure there's plenty of other fish in the sea!" Tomoyo tried to assure him. "You just have to look harder."

From behind her, Eriol's keen senses started to pick up on something down below them. Gently letting go of Tomoyo, he moved over to the railing and stared down at the people entering and leaving the building below. That aura.. The feeling was getting stronger - and he had an idea of what it was. My Card Mistress, Eriol smiled, spotting a lovely girl down below who had just entered. I knew that she would turn up sooner or later, He nodded in approval, but I never expected her to be such a sight.

Straightening up, he continued to eye her. Now that she's arrived in Tomoeda with the Clow Cards, the Judgement will follow. Yue will show himself. He smiled yet again at that idea. It was such an interesting thought. I must get to know her better...I need to test her - to see if she's capable of handling the cards. However, she may need a bit of help with this one... It was then that he got the idea, and so evilly glanced at Syaoran, who was a warrior and descendant of his. Syaoran knows of the Clow Cards, and will be of great help to her. If only...

"Tomoyo-chan's right." Said Eriol, a plan taking place. "There's many more fish in the sea. In fact, girls are always dying to go out with him, so I don't see a problem. Syaoran could have any girl he wanted."

His rather large ego taking over, Syaoran smiled. "You're right!" He declared, turning and looking out over all the people, "I could have any girl I wanted on these very school grounds."

Eriol's smile grew wider. His dear descendant had fallen for his trick. "How about we make a bet?"

"Oh really Eriol-kun, you shouldn't get his hopes up like that." Came a voice, and they turned to face Meiling.

"Meiling.." Tomoyo started, but was soon interrupted.

"Guys, I want you to meet my new boyfriend, Yamato."

A boy with blonde hair stepped out from behind Meiling, and Syaoran glared at him. She's doing this on purpose...to embarrass me. I never thought that Meiling could be like this...but after the break up we had..

"Nice to meet you." Said Eriol, slightly annoyed that his plan had been ruined - or had it?

"Yes, nice." Meiling frowned slightly. "Greetings and all. But you see, me and Yamato don't have time to chit chat." She said, pulling Yamato closer and kissing him passionately. "You see, me and Yamato have better things to do. I just thought I'd give you my opinion and all, since I was walking by."

"Well for your information," Syaoran spoke up, "Its not up to you if I date or not, and I most certainly can have any girl I want."

Yes! The bet was once again out in the open!

Turning to Eriol, Syaoran smiled and held out his hand. "I take that bet."

"But I get to choose the girl," Added Eriol, and then winked, "It makes it a lot harder."

"Fine with me," Answered Syaoran, "I'll still win her heart."

Shaking hands on it, Eriol smiled. "Now, to pick out the girl."

Turning to the railing once again, and ignoring the glares that Syaoran's cousin was giving him, Eriol pretended to look through the students below. He couldn't pick her right away, because it would seem a bit too obvious. Instead, he scanned the crowd, pretending to look for the right girl, with a nervous Syaoran by his side.

"There," He finally pointed towards his Clow Mistress, "She'll do."

Syaoran blinked and looked at her for the very first time. Short auburn hair, emerald green eyes...from the distance, she looked stunning, and Syaoran couldn't help wonder what she would be like up close. "I've never seen her before...is she new?"

Eriol shrugged. "She might be," He lied, "I haven't seen her before either. But by the way you're staring at her, I take it its love at first sight?"

Blushing, Syaoran backed away from the railing, and the image of an angel below them. "No, I was just trying to memorize her for when I make my move. I'll have her swept off her feet in no time!"

Somehow I doubt that, Eriol thought, glancing down at her once more. She doesn't seem like the type to fall for you so easily. Although she might be good for you...you definitely need a good girl. For now, the plan is to get you two to meet... "Go for it, I say."

----------

Sakura was lost. She'd never been in such a big school before, with so many students. All around her people were moving, on their way to class. Being the new girl, and shy as she was, she felt very awkward in the crowd. Many of the people walked around her in groups, laughing and carrying on with their friends. Sakura was alone, and afraid to stop someone to ask where her homeroom was. So far she had only managed to find her locker that morning.

Silently watching the crowd around her, she let out a cry of surprise as someone bumped into her and her books went sprawling across the floor.

"Sorry!" Came a voice, and the person continued on his or her way.

Sighing, Sakura bent down to retrieve her books.

"Need some help?" Came a male voice from in front of her, and Sakura looked up to see the most handsomest boy she had ever seen. He had neatly brushed chestnut brown hair, and a pair of amber eyes that seemed to glow.

Before she could answer, he knelt down and helped pick up her books, flashing her a smile. "You're new here, aren't you?"

Sakura nodded, unable to find her voice.

"My name's Syaoran Li," He started, handing her books back to her, "What's yours?"

"Sakura Kinomoto." Stated the girl, a shy smile playing across her lips.

"Nice name." Syaoran smiled as they stood, "Sakura...is in Cherry Blossoms?"

Sakura nodded again. "Strange name, huh?"

"I think it's a great name. It suits you well."

Sakura blushed. "Thanks..I guess."

"Anyway, you looked kind of lost," Said Syaoran, lost in her emerald eyes as she gazed at him, "Is there anything else I can do to help?"

"Syaoran!" Cried a voice from behind him, and Sakura looked over up to see a girl with long black hair running towards them. "Syaoran-kun!"

Startled, Syaoran turned in time to get a armful of Meiling, who shot Sakura a nasty glare.

"Syaoran-kun, I need your help!" She said breathlessly, flashing him a knowing smile.

Syaoran frowned. "Meiling, what are you doing?"

From behind him, Sakura looked down at the ground, feeling ever so out of place.

"I thought you could walk me to class." Meiling pouted innocently.

"Meiling, you hate me, and I hate you too at the moment...so what's the purpose of all this?"

"Well..." Meiling whispered, "I can't let you win that bet, now can I?" She backed away, an evil smirk on her face, "Don't think this will be easy for you, Syaoran, because I'm going to make it very hard on you. As for my purpose...well, I believe it worked very well." She looked over Syaoran's shoulder.

Syaoran quickly turned to see that Sakura had disappeared.

"Thanks a lot Meiling," Syaoran glared. "Thanks a lot."

With that, Syaoran stalked off as the bell sounded overhead, marking the beginning of classes.

Behind him, Meiling watched his back as he retreated off to class.

"You're welcome Syaoran." She smirked, and then headed off to class as well.

To Be Continued...