Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Two - Introductions

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own CCS, nor will I ever.

Author's Notes - The more I write, the more this fic strays away from the "She's All That" idea. I guess it's for the best, because you probably want more action and fun anyway ^_~ Next few chapters may be slow getting out, due to the fact that there's people staying at my house and I won't be using the computer all that much. That and I highly dislike having people reading over my shoulder and making nasty comments ^_^;; Oh! And yes, I do realize the characters are very...well, out of character. Had to do it ^^;

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol, Meiling/Yamato...Yes, I know using original characters suck, but I needed another guy for Meiling to make the plot and all ^^;

Summary - Introductions are made, and Sakura finds herself with three new friends...and one enemy.

----------

Sitting in an empty seat by the window, Sakura looked around the empty classroom. She had wandered off after watching Syaoran and that Meiling girl, who seemed to be very close - maybe even his girlfriend, and had stumbled upon her classroom by herself. It seemed that she had made it just in time, for the bell had sounded only moments before, and soon kids her age were piling into the room.

She watched as a girl with long dark hair entered the room, and sat across the aisle from her.

"My name is Tomoyo Daidouji, what's yours?" She asked, flashing a smile.

Sakura blinked at how friendly the girl seemed, and smiled back. "Sakura Kinomoto. I just moved here."

"I figured that." She said, fixing the books on top of her desk. "So how's it going so far? I mean, how do you like this school?"

"It's fine I guess..a lot different from my old school, but the people here seem to be really nice."

"So you've met some people here already?" Smirked Tomoyo knowingly.

Sakura nodded, a faint blush crossing her face. But before she could answer, a loud voice from out in the hall drew both their attentions.

"Meiling! Go away!"

Looking at the door, Sakura watched as the boy she had met in the hallway stormed in, followed by the girl as well.

"But Syaoran-kun! You always used to walk me to class!" Replied the girl, her eyes landing on Sakura. Ohh, this is going to be too easy!

"That was before we -" Syaoran blinked, noticing the girl as well. Ignoring Meiling, he smiled at the new girl and headed in her direction.

"Syaoran-kun, have you met the new girl?" Asked Tomoyo, watching him.

"Sakura, right?" He asked, taking the seat behind her, "We met in the hallway."

Sakura nodded, remembering the awkward moment yet again. He never did show me where the classroom was... She frowned slightly, watching the Meiling girl as she sat behind Tomoyo. He's probably one of those jocks who think about sports and girls more than anything else.

"So I guess we'll all be spending the year together." Smiled Tomoyo, her eyes glancing from Sakura to Syaoran.

Behind her, Meiling rolled her eyes. "Unfortunately."

Before anyone could say much more, a boy with dark hair entered, and Sakura looked up. He was her age, of course, and wore glasses, but even with the school uniform on, Sakura felt herself blush. For some odd reason she felt herself drawn to him...but not because of his good looks, but because of a feeling she got deep down inside. Realizing that she was staring, Sakura quickly looked away as he approached.

"Good morning Eriol-kun," Smiled Tomoyo, who was once again smiling, "What took you so long to get to class? We've all been here for the past ten minutes."

Smiling back, the boy whom Sakura guessed was named Eriol sat down in front of her. "Had trouble with my locker combination. You know how my locker is..it's always giving me trouble."

Turning, the boy looked at Sakura and continued to smile. "I believe we haven't met," He started, holding out his hand, "My name is Eriol Hiiragizawa."

Blinking, Sakura took his hand expecting them to shake, but instead, the boy in front of her leaned down ever so slightly and kissed the back of her hand. Blushing furiously at this gesture, Sakura stared. "Sakura Kinomoto. It's nice to meet you."

"As it is a pleasure to meet you too." Answered Eriol, who could faintly see Syaoran behind the girl, glaring daggers at him.

"Well, it certainly seems that someone has their own fan club on the go." Came a voice.

At that remark, Sakura glanced sideways at the girl in the back. Meiling...she certainly doesn't seem to like me. I wonder what her problem is...everyone I've met so far as been really nice. It's just her that seems to have a problem with me...whatever it is.

Before Sakura could ask her, a loud voice called out from the doorway to quiet down the class. She watched as students quietly filled the empty seats around her, and the chatter soon ended. When the class was finally totally quiet, a young woman entered and headed for the teacher's desk, gently laying down her books. And straightening out her navy blue dress, she finally stood to address the class.

"Okay," She started, her eyes running over the class, "Before we start today, I'd like to introduce our newest addition to the class." Her eyes landed on Sakura. "Sakura, would you please stand up and tell us a little about yourself?"

Standing, Sakura was met by cat calls, and she soon felt herself go red. The teacher hushed the class, and Sakura once again found her voice.

"Well, my name is Sakura Kinomoto, and I just moved here to Tomoeda. I live with my father, who's a college professor and is in to archeology, and my brother Touya, who's attending college right now."

"Thank you Sakura," Smiled the teacher as Sakura sat back down, "And might I add that you I hope you enjoy living here. My name is Mrs. Karasu, and I'll be your teacher for the rest of the school year."

The class droned on, and Sakura tried her best to pay attention. They seemed to be way ahead in their studies then Sakura was back in her old school, but she was sure she'd catch up sooner or later. So, settling down, she tried concentrating hard on her work. Nonetheless, she was happy when the bell rang signaling the beginning of lunch.

----------

"Eriol! What's the deal?" Syaoran whispered through gritted teeth, "How am I supposed to impress her if you're also flirting with her? Might I remind you, but you already have a girlfriend."

Picking up his books, Eriol smiled at the other boy. "You call that flirting? I was merely being polite."

Frowning, Syaoran followed his friend out of the class. "Well you don't have to be so good at it!"

Eriol chuckled at this. "So you're feeling threatened by my politeness?"

"No," Glared the other boy, who was opening his locker, "I just feel you should...you know, leave that stuff to me."

Ah, dear descendant...you have absolutely no clue, do you? Eriol put his own books away, and locked the locker that they shared. "If you wish"

"So, we're meeting the girls at the usual hang out?" Syaoran asked, changing the subject.

"Tomoyo-chan left with Sakura-chan to help her around the school. They'll meet up with us in the normal spot."

"Good." Smiled Syaoran, "Then I'll get to talk to her. She won't be able to resist me."

Sighing, Eriol shook his head. No clue at all.

----------

"So let me get this right. I go up this hall, turn right, then continue down to the very end...and that's our classroom?"

Tomoyo nodded, and watched as Sakura put her things into her locker.

"I'm not sure what way I went this morning...but I know I walked around for a very long time trying to find it."

"It's not all that hard," Tomoyo added, "Just look for the drinking fountain..it's right next to our classroom."

Standing, Sakura brushed herself off. "Thanks Tomoyo-chan, I don't know what I would have done without you."

"No problem."

"So where's your locker to? I mean, you have to drop off your books and everything before we meet up with everyone else..right?" Sakura blinked, looking at her new friend.

"Oh, my locker isn't far from here." Answered Tomoyo as they continued down the hall, "I share it with Meiling."

"Oh." Sakura frowned slightly, remembering the girl.

Sensing the change in mood, Tomoyo decided to change the subject. "So what do you think of the guys?"

Sakura blushed at this question. "You mean the guys as in Syaoran-kun and Eriol-kun, or the guys as in all the guys?"

Stopping at a locker, Tomoyo began to unlock the lock, a small smile playing across her face. "As in Syaoran-kun and Eriol-kun."

The shade on Sakura's face turned a darker red. "They're okay...I mean, I don't really know them. They seem nice enough."

"Eriol-kun is just the best," Said Tomoyo as she placed a book tidily in her locker space, "We've been dating since we were small. It wasn't until a few years ago until we finally started going out. He's got a great sense of humor, he's funny, caring...although Syaoran-kun is another story."

"Oh?" Asked Sakura, interested.

Eyeing her friend, Tomoyo continued, "He seems very interested in you, Sakura-chan," She watched as her friend blushed even more, "And I'm only telling you this just so you won't get hurt. You seem like a very nice girl..although a bit naive and gullible, and I don't want you to get hurt. But Syaoran-kun isn't the kind of person you want to fall in love with."

"Love?" Sakura shook her head, "That has never happened to me...although I've liked some people..never has it been love. I believe in finding the right person," She smiled, "And as you've guessed, I haven't found him." That and I don't interact with people all that well..with the Clow Cards and everything. Who knows what they'd do if someone found out there was such a thing as magic.

"Well, I'm sure you'll find him someday." Tomoyo smiled, and tried to close to door to the locker. "Ugh! Meiling's stuff is always making this so difficult!"

It was then that a leftover can of 7-up decided to tip over, and crashed noisily to the floor of the empty hallway. Both girls jumped back, but not before Tomoyo's skirt managed to get wet.

"Ohh...not again! Meiling always seems to find a way to mess up my clothes!" She slammed the door shut, and there were no more problems with it. "Sakura-chan, do you mind if we stop off to the girl's washroom?"

"Sure, let's go. I don't know where it is anyway, so this is my chance to find out."

----------

Sakura knew that this was a bad idea, even as she stepped into the bathroom and her friend hurried off to get some tissue to dab at the 7-up that was sinking in. As soon as she entered the bathroom, the conversation that had been going on suddenly stopped, and Sakura found herself staring into the fiery eyes of Meiling, who glared at her along with her other friends.

Tomoyo, who was busily wiping off her skirt, however noticed none of this. So, standing next to her friend, Sakura quietly stared at the sink.

"Well, well, well, look who it is...Mrs. Clumsy and her little newbie friend," Sneered Meiling in the mirror as Sakura watched, "How delightful."

Turning, Tomoyo faced her calmly. "Do you have a problem, Meiling?"

"Not with you." She answered, her friends snickering behind her. "Although I do have a problem with her."

Turning, Sakura turned to face her as well. But before Sakura could answer, Tomoyo had grabbed hold of her and tried to pull her away.

"Come on Sakura-chan, we have to go find Eriol-kun and Syaoran-kun."

"That's right...run off." Giggled Meiling. "Just one little thing."

Sakura managed to stop Tomoyo for a minute, for Meiling to continue.

"Stay out of my way, Sakura, and I'll stay out of yours. Got it? And stay away from Syaoran. He's still my fiancée, whether he likes it or not."

Frowning, Sakura allowed Tomoyo to lead her out.Stay away from Syaoran? Fiancée?

Sakura was very confused.

To Be Continued...