Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ The School Day Continues ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Three - The School Day Continues

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own CCS, nor will I ever.

Author's Notes - Yes, I do realize the characters are probably way OOC, but it's the only way to get through with this fic ^^; And yes, Meiling is being a total bitch, and I understand if some of you don't like that..but it's only for now. Meiling is my favorite character...you don't think I'd actually leave her like that, did you? ^^; So here's the next chapter, enjoy! :P

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol

Summary - The school day continues, and Sakura is only glad when it's over.

----------

Sakura was truly confused as she walked beside her new friend Tomoyo. Stay away? Fiancée? Wasn't Meiling being just a tad bit over protective over her boyfriend? Because Sakura had no plans on taking Syaoran away from her, if that's what she meant. And fiancée? What was with that? Weren't they a bit young to be engaged?

Tomoyo must have seen her puzzled expression, because she soon broke the silence.

"Don't mind Meiling. She's just picking on you because you're new...although she can be a bitch most of the time." Tomoyo tried to explain, without hinting the real reason, "And she's a bit over protective of her cousin."

Sakura stopped and blinked in more confusion. "Cousin?"

"Yeah...her and Syaoran-kun are cousins," Tomoyo explained, "They're were really close too...although not anymore."

"But she said he was her fiancée..."

"Which is true, at least it was until they broke up...but she most likely still wants to marry him. That's why she said for you to stay away."

"But isn't that kind of..."

"Incesty?" Tomoyo finished for her, "Well, the marriage was arranged by their families when they were only small children..so there's not much they can do about it now."

Sakura nodded, although she was even more confused then she already was before.

"So they're not really together?"

Tomoyo eyed her friend, hoping she wasn't getting any ideas, "They broke up over the summer - a nasty break up, too."

"Oh...from the way she was acting around him, I figured they were an item."

"Not anymore." Stated Tomoyo as they rounded a corner, "But as I said, she's trying to keep him away from other girls, especially after the be-" She stopped herself before she went any further. That morning Syaoran had made her promise not to tell anyone else about the bet, and especially not to tell Sakura. Although Tomoyo really wished that she could, so that her new friend wouldn't wind up being hurt, but a promise was a promise. But that didn't stop her from warning Sakura to stay away from him also. If the bet did manage to pull off, then what would Syaoran do when he was finished with her? Drop her? Break her heart? Tomoyo was convinced she wasn't going to let that happen, and by warning Sakura, she hoped that it wouldn't.

Lucky for her, Sakura hadn't seemed to hear the last bit, and they had arrived at the special 'meeting' place. Syaoran was the first to notice them, and stood smiling as his gaze landed on Sakura.

"What took you so long?" He asked, directing the question to Tomoyo, "We've been sitting here for almost twenty minutes waiting for you."

Rolling her eyes, Tomoyo stepped past him and went to the rail to look down at the passing students underneath. From where she was, the slight breeze and warm sun was comforting after walking through the darkened and dusty school. "Sorry, we had a run in with Meiling."

"Meiling seems to have grown a problem over the summer." Eriol stated, standing next to Tomoyo as she gazed over the cheerful school grounds. His gaze followed Sakura, who seemed slightly uncomfortable and sat a distance away. "I hope she hasn't left a bad impression, has she?" He asked her.

Shaking her head, Sakura smiled. "Not really. There's always a bad one, no matter where you go." She sighed, "I just wish I knew why she hates me so much...I haven't really done anything for her not to like me...have I?"

"Oh Sakura-chan," Tomoyo said softly as she left Eriol's side, "I told you not to worry about it! Meiling has her own problems to sort out."

It was then that Tomoyo noticed something - out of the corner of her eye, she saw Syaoran staring silently at Sakura, as if at a loss with words. She raised an eye at this, but decided to let any thoughts on it go. Although, with the bet and all, she expected Syaoran to be making his moves.

Behind her, Eriol had noticed this too, and as the conversation between Sakura and Tomoyo went on, he continued to watch the other boy. Syaoran-kun..this is very amusing. At a loss of words, are we? But I must admit, she does look rather beautiful with the sun shining down on her like that...quiet angelic. But I never expected you to be quiet speechless...maybe my little plan will work after all. "I believe your drooling, Syaoran-kun," He whispered as he passed him and sat next to the pretty Cherry Blossom, joining in on the conversation, and noted the blush that spread across his descendant's face.

Drooling? Syaoran mentally shook his head, his gaze finally leaving Sakura. I am not! Why would I drool over someone like her? The sooner I get this bet over with, the sooner...his thoughts drawled on, as his eyes once again managed to focus on the pretty girl in front of him. Although there's something strange about her...something I can't quite put my finger on...a familiar feeling..a power that I've sensed before...

----------

"Sakura! Over here!"

Sakura looked around, trying to find out who was shouting out to her, and finally spotted her brother on his bike, waiting for her. Beside him, the boy that they had met this morning - or rather, the boy that she had ran over.

"Touya-san! Yukito-san!" She waved happily.

It had been a rather long day of school, and Sakura was glad that it was over. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, she thought, picking up her book bag in which she had laid down while she waited for her brother.

"I take it that's your brother?" Asked Eriol, picking up his stuff as well. The group had agreed to wait with Sakura, just in case her brother didn't show up.

Nodding, Sakura smiled. "He can be a pain in the ass at times, but he's still a great brother."

Frowning, Syaoran stared at the silver haired boy, a strange feeling in the bit of his stomach. "Who's the other guy?"

"Oh, that's Yukito-san. Touya and I met him this morning on the way to school. He's really nice. In fact, he's the one who showed us where the schools were." Said Sakura, staring at him from across the school yard, blushing slightly as she strapped on her skates.

Syaoran's frown deepened at this.

"Anyway," Sakura continued, "I've got to go. Thanks for waiting with me!"

Smiling, Sakura bid her goodbyes, and quickly bladed across the yard to meet up with the two older boys.

"How was your day, Sakura-chan?" Asked Yukito, smiling.

"It was okay I guess," Sakura blushed, "I made a few new friends."

"That's good to hear."

Sakura lazily skated slowly so that she could talk to the handsome Yukito, while her brother biked not too far away. All in all, the trip home was quiet nice, even though her brother had a few mean comments here and there. Upon reaching a rather large gate, Yukito told them this was his stop, and Sakura smiled and waved as her and her brother continued their journey home.

"Kero-chan!" Sakura called as she entered the house, making sure to take off her roller blades and place them somewhere where she could find them, "Are you awake?"

"He's probably already eaten us out of house and home." Mumbled Touya from behind her.

"Sakura-chan!" Came a voice, and a small bear-like figure was soon attached to Sakura. "I'm starved! What did you bring me to eat?"

Sweatdropping, Sakura laid down her back pack and tried to pry the little animal off herself. "Kero-chan! There's lots of food here in the house!"

"Yes," The little animal stated, looking a bit desperate, "But Fujitaka-san forbid me from eating everything...and," He sniffed dramatically, "There's absolutely no sweets in this house!"

"Maybe that's because you've eaten them all," Commented Touya, as he sat down and switched on the television.

Shooting Touya a look, Kero continued to plead with Sakura.

"Okay, okay! I'll tell you what," She smiled, "After supper I'll go to the store and buy you a whole load of treats! Okay?"

Happy with this, Kero shouted with joy and floated off to join Touya in watching television.

Sighing, Sakura went about doing her chores, not knowing that she was being watched.

Across the street, unseen by everyone, three magical figures disappeared.

To Be Continued...