Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Cake And Dresses ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Seven - Cake and Dresses

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own CCS, nor will I ever. Although I wish I did...because playing around with Syaoran and Sakura is fun ^_~

Author's Notes - Second chapter of the two :P Enjoy. R&R!

For Latest Updates On Crow's Fanfiction - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crowskywalker/

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran (eventually), Tomoyo/Eriol

Summary - Sakura and Tomoyo get closer after an afternoon at the Daidouji mansion.

----------

Breathing heavily, the tired form of Syaoran leaned against a brick wall, hidden out of sight. He silently cursed Sakura's older brother, and then himself for being lured in by Sakura. Shutting his eyes, he tried to rid his mind of any seductive images of her. It was useless. For some reason, he couldn't get the image of her out of his head...her beauty...and how everything seemed to brighten around her. Her lips...which he had almost had the privilege of touching with his own. So close...but yet so far away.

Damn her! What's wrong with me?? He shook his head desperately. Why do I feel this way? She's the enemy!

"Yukito-kun!"

Syaoran opened his eyes to see Sakura and the others passing by him, and he slid into the shadows unnoticed. He watched as a smiling Sakura took the tall white haired boy's arm, and flashed him a smile. For a moment, Syaoran thought he felt anger and jealousy course through him, but he pushed that thought aside. The white haired man - Yukito? There was something strange about him...something Syaoran couldn't quite pinpoint.

His attention turned back to Sakura, who was giggling at something Tomoyo had said. He smirked slightly at this and silently made a vow. He would not let his petty emotions, r whatever he was feeling, interfere with his task.

She won't be laughing much longer..., he thought, slipping even further into the darkness.

----------

"Wow Tomoyo-chan! You live here?" Sakura asked in awe, staring at the house that stood in front of her.

Tomoyo nodded, smiling. "My mom owns a toy company, so we have lots of money..."

"I never knew you were rich, Tomoyo-chan!"

"Does this mean you have lots of sweets?" Asked Kero, poking his head out of Sakura's backpack.

"Yes Kero-chan," Tomoyo laughed, "Much more than you can imagine!" She pressed a button outside the large gates that surrounded the estate. "Tomoyo Daidouji here, could you please open the gates?"

"Yes Mistress." A voice replied from a voice box that Sakura hadn't noticed before, and the massive black gates automatically began to open.

Following Tomoyo, Sakura and Kero made their way across the grounds and up the steps to the large and expensive looking house. Inside, it was even more amazing, and Sakura looked around with wide eyes. She had never seen a house so big and elegant before, and neither did Kero by the look of it.

"Whoa! This place is almost as big as Clow Reed's place!" He exclaimed, mouth wide open. "Just you and your mom live here?"

"And the servants and bodyguards."

"Bodyguards?" Sakura asked.

Tomoyo nodded. "Mom's afraid that someone might kidnap me or something for ransom...and she's also very protective. Usually they're watching over me every second of the day."

It was then a lady entered, smiling brightly. "Mistress Tomoyo, may I take your jacket?"

Kero immediately hid behind Sakura, hoping he hadn't been seen, and ducked into the Card Captor's pocket as the elder lady took Sakura's jacket as well, and asked if she could bring them anything.

"Ah, yes," Tomoyo looked over at Sakura, and then to the small tail sticking out of Sakura's pocket. "Could you bring us some of that cake that was left over from last night and something to drink?"

The servant nodded, still smiling. "I'll bring it into the living room in a few moments."

"Thank you." Tomoyo returned the smile, and lead her two guests into the large living room down the hall.

Sakura marveled at the living room as well as she sat in an expensive looking leather couch. This was definitely the biggest house she'd ever been in, and she watched as Kero floated around, inspecting things.

"So are you guys settled in at home yet?" Tomoyo asked, making conversation.

"Well, dad has started working already...so it's just me and Touya to unpack. Dad unpacked all of the important stuff and left us to the smaller things."

The conversation stopped as the lady who had taken their coats entered, holding a tray of cake and drinks. Beside her she heard Kero gasp at the sight of cake, and she quickly grabbed him and hid him away. Luckily the lady had been paying more attention to the tray, or Kero would have been seen for sure.

"Is there anything else you'd like?" She asked, laying the tray down on the small table that stood between Sakura and Tomoyo. Tomoyo shook her head and dismissed her.

"Ohhh! Cake!" Kero drooled, struggling out of Sakura's grasp.

"Kero-chan! You really should be careful! You were almost caught again!"

"But but..." He pointed towards the tray, looking up at Sakura with pleading eyes, "Cake!"

She sweatdropped at this. "You really are a bottomless pit."

Tomoyo could only laugh, reaching out to pour herself and Sakura a drink. "Sorry Kero, but she only brought out two plates and two glasses...so we're going to have to share."

"That's okay...just make sure it's a big piece!"

"Did I just hear.." Both Tomoyo and Sakura looked at the sound of the voice, and Sakura instantly grabbed for Kero again. The servant once again appeared at the door, a confused look on her face. "Did I just hear another voice?"

"No.." Tomoyo lied, picking up her drink casually and taking a sip, "Its just me and Sakura-chan here."

"I thought.." She shook her head. "Anyway, I came back because I forgot to mention to you that your new material arrived, along with that new dress you sent away to get looked at. I left them in your room."

"Thank you." Tomoyo replied, and she left again.

"Cake!" Kero immediately dived into the cake that Tomoyo had just served, and she giggled as he made a mess all over himself.

Soon afterwards, when the cake had vanished (mostly into Kero's stomach), Tomoyo grabbed Sakura's hand and pulled her up the flight of stairs and towards her room. It was there that Tomoyo found her dress, neatly lain on her bed. Picking it up, she held it in front of her for Sakura to see.

"Wow Tomoyo-chan!" Sakura exclaimed in awe, "You made that?"

The other girl nodded. "I usually send it to my personal sewing teacher to have a look - it just arrived back today."

"Its awesome!"

"Know what would be really cool?" Tomoyo asked, a strange sparkle in her eye, "You...in this dress!"

Sakura blinked and stared. "Oh no Tomoyo...I couldn't..." But Tomoyo was already holding the dress in front of Sakura and standing back, studying her.

"Come on Sakura, try it on!"

"Oh all right.." Sakura finally gave in, and handing her the dress, Tomoyo showed her to a bathroom in which she could change in.

Emerging from the bathroom, Sakura was met with faces of awe. She smiled, turning to give a show. The dress was long, with frills and other fancy looking things. It was a light shade of pink, and went down past her knees, ending in white frills and dark rose like shapes.

"It looks beautiful on you Sakura!" Tomoyo exclaimed, and Kero nodded in approval.

"Really?" Sakura looked around for a mirror. She wanted to see this for herself. She'd never really been the kind of girl to wear fancy dresses, and finding a large mirror, her eyes widened. It really did look nice on her.

"Ohhh! I can't wait to make you new dresses and film you in them!"

"But..Tomoyo-chan...won't that cost a lot?""

"Its nothing," Tomoyo waved it off, "Just a small dent in my allowance. Its worth it too, because then I get to make all these pretty dresses, film all these captures and make movies and such...so I won't just be wasting money."

Sakura continued to stare at herself in the mirror.

"Hey.." That was Kero, who seemed to be getting bored of all the girl chatter, "Tomoyo..do you have any video games?"

Sakura saw Tomoyo's confused face and sweatdropped. "When me and Kero first met, he took up a liking to my video games..now I can hardly get him away from it."

Tomoyo nodded in understanding, and told Kero where that she kept all her video games in the cabinet under her television. Kero happily flew over and opened it to find a pile of games. He was in video game heaven, and it stayed that way for a few more hours as Sakura allowed Tomoyo to dress her up. She even tried new hairstyles and hats to go with the outfits that Tomoyo handed her. It was only when she saw how dark it was getting out did Sakura insist on leaving, since her brother would be looking for her. Changing back into her old clothes, she finally tore Kero away from his game.

"But..but...I was almost finished the level!"

"You can finish it some other time, Kero-chan." Tomoyo smiled. "You two are always welcomed here."

Sakura smiled back. She had had a lot of fun this afternoon, and had realized that Tomoyo was a really nice and talented person. She liked Tomoyo a lot, to the point where she considered her a best friend. "Thank you Tomoyo-chan."

Showing them to the door, Tomoyo insisted that Sakura get a ride home with one of her bodyguards. She did not want a repeat of what happened in the schoolyard earlier that day - well, at least while she wasn't there with her camera. She knew that without a doubt that Syaoran would never truly hurt Sakura - emotionally, maybe..but never physically. He was too good of a person to do that. Either way, she finally convinced Sakura into the ride, and waved goodbye and goodnight to her new friend.

This had certainly been an interesting day indeed.

To Be Continued...